As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dark Souls 3] Second and Final DLC OUT NOW!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Or just make a fucking Blue Orb already.

Waiting to get summoned sucks, especially when you compared it to your Red Orb, which allows you to invade instantly, 90-95% of the time.

Even putting down a summon sign and getting summoned usually takes longer than just using your Red Orb, even in summon hot spots.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Dammit
    I missed an Estus shard and a bone shard

And four slabs

My flame, composite bow and uchigatana and whip are all +10...

On other the hand, I just need to grind some souls, so I can buy the armor of favor.

I'm mostly content with my weapons now

And I'll just get that other stuff the next time.

• Options
    If you like Rick and Morty

http://imgur.com/gallery/6Wg16hn

The host should have been wearing one of Yuria's rings (the one that makes you look like a white phantom), then they would all look identical.

Some dedication though.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

The host should have been wearing one of Yuria's rings (the one that makes you look like a white phantom), then they would all look identical.

Some dedication though.

I like this one better.

http://i.imgur.com/uYb79er.jpg

Shrek, Donkey, & Puss in Boots.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Man, today in the span of like fifteen minutes I got the Heavy Stone (or whatever its called), upgraded to the Fallen Warrior armor (which looks sweet), upgraded my uchi to +4, and grabbed an estus shard and an undead bone thing. It was so much upgrading in such a short time I felt like a goddamn superhero.

I also went from the raw gem for my uchi to a sharp (ha, eat a dick, you fucking crystal lizard), which felt a little like taking off the training wheels.

Generally, this game has felt much easier than Bloodborne. Is it actually easier, or did I just Git Gud while I wasn't looking?

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    You got gud.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Some dedication though.

I like this one better.

http://i.imgur.com/uYb79er.jpg

Shrek, Donkey, & Puss in Boots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq7Xevr0Wxc

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I have noticed that I'm rocking the use of iframes during rolls, so there's definitely at least a little Gud-Gitting there.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I pretty much treat rolling as an abstract concept at this point. It's a temporary invincibility shield.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Soon you'll be ready for quickstepping and then you'll learn the joy of landing 16 hit combos on a boss while never moving from in front of it and never getting hit.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Soon you'll be ready for quickstepping and then you'll learn the joy of landing 16 hit combos on a boss while never moving from in front of it and never getting hit.

Demon's Fist or Cestus for the face to face beatdown?

• Options
    I was thinking more brigand twindaggers myself.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    I was thinking more brigand twindaggers myself.

Considering that I when through Bloodborne mostly dual-wielding the Blades of Mercy... I can see the appeal.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular

Nothing quite like back stepping a boss attack to be juuuust out of range and following it up with the front flip downward slam weapon art from the Wolf Knight Greatsword to let the boss know you're not fuckin around anymore.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    If someone truly thinks invaders have the advantage.

Try invading.

My new favorite thing is to find a nice, cozy, out of the way spot in the forest, pop a seed, then use the dried finger, then a white branch, then read forums or something for an hour and laugh every time I see "... has returned to their world" when they either get killed or get tired of running around and give up.

Fuck invaders.

You know, some people actually want to be invaded, to feel that sudden sensation of dread while drudging through an area, its a part of why some of us bought this game.

So you are hiding in a corner somewhere while using the biggest >INVADE HERE< sign you can... Bravo?

Some people like invading, some people like wasting an invader's time.

Reading through this thread I am seeing a whole lot of whining from people whose playstyle is to intentionally disrupt the progress of other players, so I am having a hard time finding any sympathy for them.
    There are spell rewards that you can only get from invading through covenants (or grind for many hours for rare drops I guess). There are trophies that require collecting every spell in the game.

Your little ploy is substantially more "disruptive" than anything people who are simply playing the game as designed and intended are engaging in. For all your cawing, you are absolutely not on the moral high ground here.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Invasions are a core part of this game.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Invasions are a core part of this game.

I hate get invaded at the wrong moment as much as the next person, but there are mechanics to get around this - going unembered, using giant's seeds, anti-invasion coventant, etc. You don't need to grief people just for playing the game.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Quick question;
    I've got raw and refined gems so far, and I've been rocking an Astora's Straight Sword.
    Should I use one of those gems on it?

I know NOTHING about how good that stuff is.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    An invader screwed me over just last night. I was heading to the Crystal Sage boss fight with a helper phantom (playing a mage character on my third overall playthrough, so some bosses I just don't want to deal with in this manner solo). Invader caught us in the big pillar room right before the boss fight. It cost me an Estus (one of 2 since most of my Estus is set to Ashen, probably a mistake for Crystal Sage since I just melee it anyway). I ran into the boss room to send the invader home, but not before my helper phantom got knocked into the hole with the lycanthrope. So I wound up fighting a Crystal Sage tuned for +1 player, solo, with less than half my total pool of HP.

So yeah I straight up died, then had to sit around getting summoned for another hour before finally helping someone competent kill the boss for the Ember so I could try again.

In retrospect I should have just popped an Ember item and moved on, but I didn't expect it to take that long. There are a lot of people who summon phantoms to go fight club against Watchdogs, and I have absolutely no idea why that is. You get nothing from this, and levels are too low for builds to come into their own yet.

Anyway yeah I've been screwed by invaders many times, and sometimes I even get mad and yell about it, but under no circumstances would I gut that from the game or have personal issues with people who are doing it.

EDIT: Raw gems are good early game before you get your offensive stats up. Refined gems are good if you have your Str and Dex high. To see if it's worthwhile for you personally, check the wiki for the weapon to compare its values to your stats (though they'll probably only have them at max upgrade levels). You can preview the current effects at the Infuse screen to see if it's an improvement for you.

You can always undo the upgrade later with shriving stones. So you could make it Raw now, then Refined later when your Quality build is more complete.

Fleur de Alys on
    Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Quick question;
    I've got raw and refined gems so far, and I've been rocking an Astora's Straight Sword.

What sort of character build are you using?

Raw gems remove stats scaling.

Refined gems benefit from quality STR DEX stats.

• Options
    MirroMirro Registered User regular
    Put down my duel sign next to a bonfire. Get summoned.

Guy didnt even clear out nearby enemies but I let him do so.

When he finally runs out of estus (of course) and I have him down to half hp.... he just books it aaaaall the way to the boss gate and dives through.

So good job dude, I'm sure you'll do great with no estus and half your health against Aldritch. Your souls are surely safe with him.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Mirro wrote: »

When he finally runs out of estus (of course) and I have him down to half hp.... he just books it aaaaall the way to the boss gate and dives through.

So good job dude, I'm sure you'll do great with no estus and half your health against Aldritch. Your souls are surely safe with him.

pro strats

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

It's cool man, Aldritch is his buddy. Aldritch only eats gods, remember?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    I see a lot of people hating on the Nameless King saying he's the worst boss, he's actually the best and he should have been way earlier in the game for a couple reasons for me personally.

Through out the game I was mainly trying to be a iron wall that soaked up damage with a big shield and got pissy when my stagger was the end of me, then I fought many battles against the Nameless King and blocking was simply not an option, I found that out soon enough. So I just had to learn to dodge and understand how the movement worked. He should have been earlier to teach players how to learn to dodge effectively and to learn the enemies behavior.

After I finished up Dark Souls 3, I jumped right back in to Blood Borne after giving up on it because I was doing horribly and was getting too frustrated, I made a new character and got to Rom the spider within 2 days. It feels great to finally understand the mechanics, would even better if the camera wasn't stuck on 30 cm from your character but oh well.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    King of the Storm is still 70% fighting the camera and 30% fighting an oversized peacock that breathes fire.

• Options
    JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    King of the Storm is still 70% fighting the camera and 30% fighting an oversized peacock that breathes fire.

Don't forget the insanely large hitbox of the phase 1 spear smashes.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Ravelle wrote: »
    I see a lot of people hating on the Nameless King saying he's the worst boss, he's actually the best and he should have been way earlier in the game for a couple reasons for me personally.

Through out the game I was mainly trying to be a iron wall that soaked up damage with a big shield and got pissy when my stagger was the end of me, then I fought many battles against the Nameless King and blocking was simply not an option, I found that out soon enough. So I just had to learn to dodge and understand how the movement worked. He should have been earlier to teach players how to learn to dodge effectively and to learn the enemies behavior.

After I finished up Dark Souls 3, I jumped right back in to Blood Borne after giving up on it because I was doing horribly and was getting too frustrated, I made a new character and got to Rom the spider within 2 days. It feels great to finally understand the mechanics, would even better if the camera wasn't stuck on 30 cm from your character but oh well.

Bolded emphasis mine, but this is just not true, you just need a better shield. My first run I did hit this point, and then I upgraded my shield. It being nearly lightning immune helped too.

That said, my second character beat him dual-wielding the Warden Twinblades, so I did do the pure dodging thing eventually on him.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    At 40 End I could easily facetank Nameless King with the Dragonslayer Greatshield. I actually promised myself to do it legit in the future because it made phase two like fighting the tutorial zone undead.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »

Try invading.

My new favorite thing is to find a nice, cozy, out of the way spot in the forest, pop a seed, then use the dried finger, then a white branch, then read forums or something for an hour and laugh every time I see "... has returned to their world" when they either get killed or get tired of running around and give up.

Fuck invaders.

You know, some people actually want to be invaded, to feel that sudden sensation of dread while drudging through an area, its a part of why some of us bought this game.

So you are hiding in a corner somewhere while using the biggest >INVADE HERE< sign you can... Bravo?

Reading through this thread I am seeing a whole lot of whining from people whose playstyle is to intentionally disrupt the progress of other players, so I am having a hard time finding any sympathy for them.
    There are spell rewards that you can only get from invading through covenants (or grind for many hours for rare drops I guess). There are trophies that require collecting every spell in the game.

Your little ploy is substantially more "disruptive" than anything people who are simply playing the game as designed and intended are engaging in. For all your cawing, you are absolutely not on the moral high ground here.

If you want to invade someone for covenant rewards than put your sign down and duel them, otherwise you just have to deal with the fact that when you invade me you are now in my game, and if you don't like the way I deal with invaders in my game than you are free to Black Crystal out.

Or you can run around like a doofus trying to find me, one guy ran around the swamp for like ten minutes before giving up, and I got a couple thousand souls from all of the enemies he killed.

Like I said, I have no sympathy for people who are actively trying to impede my gameplay.

• Options

Normally I'd say he would have just homeward bone'd out as soon as he got into the boss arena, but he doesn't seem that bright.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Quick question;

@Stormwatcher

The ASS is a pretty good sword (most every straight sword ranks amongst the top tier weapons in the game ).

Refined /sharp/heavy gems reduce base damage while granting improved scaling rates. Raw and fire remove scaling to grant a boost in base damage.

Generally you want to use either a fire or raw infusion in the early game.

Eventually, as you upgrade the weapon and level up your stats, you'll want to swap over to a refined /sharp/heavy infusion. Sharp for dex, heavy for strength, and refined for both (str/dex is commonly refered to as "quality")

The reason for the swap over is because your early game stats aren't sufficiently high enough to grant an appreciable boost from damage scaling, so it is best to take the raw boost in damage from raw or fire (most enemies are critically weak to fire).

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Dranyth wrote: »

Bolded emphasis mine, but this is just not true, you just need a better shield. My first run I did hit this point, and then I upgraded my shield. It being nearly lightning immune helped too.

That said, my second character beat him dual-wielding the Warden Twinblades, so I did do the pure dodging thing eventually on him.

Blocking wasn't an option for me at least, I tried the Lothric Knight Greatshield and the Cruse Ward Great Shield but both didn't absorb enough force to withstand his blows, couldn't find a better shield in my playthrough.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    The Sauce wrote: »

Try invading.

Fuck invaders.

If you want to invade someone for covenant rewards than put your sign down and duel them, otherwise you just have to deal with the fact that when you invade me you are now in my game, and if you don't like the way I deal with invaders in my game than you are free to Black Crystal out.

Or you can run around like a doofus trying to find me, one guy ran around the swamp for like ten minutes before giving up, and I got a couple thousand souls from all of the enemies he killed.

Like I said, I have no sympathy for people who are actively trying to impede my gameplay.

The Dried Finger usage is the thing that doesnt make sense to me, why do you feel the need to actively seek invasions, if you hate this part of the game so much?

Also, pretty sure that duels doesnt trigger Blue Sentinels/Blade of the Darkmoon and there would be no reason to use Way of Blue if noone invaded, so if everyone acted like you wanted, 3 Covenants would suddenly be useless.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Blocking wasn't an option for me at least, I tried the Lothric Knight Greatshield and the Cruse Ward Great Shield but both didn't absorb enough force to withstand his blows, couldn't find a better shield in my playthrough.

For tanking bosses you generally want Greatshield of Glory (found as loot, I can spoil if you want) or Dragonslayer Greatshield (soul transposition from Dragonslayer armor). Anything else tends to have not enough stability to be worth it.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular

As others have mentioned, it's the Dragonslayer Greatshield. It's a greatshield and it has insane lightning resist.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Game was super fun right up until Pontiff. The second you walk through the door its endless invasions, which is fine, that's part of the game. I'll just go un-embered, says I. "Nope, don't care" says Fromsoft. Have two NPC invaders! Lol. Punishing people for playing within your rule set is some next level shitty design.

Pardon my salt. Nothing to see here.

Konphujun on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I dont remember any NPC invaders past the Pontiff.

What were their names?

Edit: Oh, you probably met Pale Shade of Londor (forgot him, as he only invaded me in NG), who was the other?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I think he's referring to the Two NPC's who attack you in the courtyard with the giant the ones dressed in Drang armor using the Spear and the Twin maces

Zunde on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Those arent NPC invaders though, those are just human NPC mobs.

I fought those while 2 Aldrich Faithfuls invaded me once, I still won :rotate:

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Yeah, I was referring to the two Drang NPCs, which I killed on my next try. I was salty. Sorry.