As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dark Souls 3] Second and Final DLC OUT NOW!

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    The greater combatants' weight relative to strength, the more popular wrestling. A plate-knight pinned by a plate-knight would need to lift two suits to move, so he could die of old age without standing up again.

I wonder how weaponised armour could work in vidyagams.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    This is my favorite piece of Dark Souls fan media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvYApd_X3aU

Just cracks me up so much.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    so if anyone wonders why Midir shoots lasers out of his mouth:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpGK-H8tiaM

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I really love fighting Midir. One of my favorite Dark bosses up with Manus.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm torn on Midir. It's a very cinematic fight, he looks rad, and it's always satisfying to take down a huge dragon, but sweet mother of fuck he has far too much damage resistance and HP on higher difficulties. It's like a 10+ minute fight easily.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I found you have to get used to fighting him head on, since he takes double damage from the head. I say he's about as hard as learning Fume Knight from DSII. He does have clear "punish" moves. His grab, his dark beam, and his overhead smash. Also lightning + anti Abyss weapons chew through him even on NG+.

Edit: Dark Souls 3 Design Works is out now, and there's some really great art from the whole game plus the DLCs. The new pictures of Soul of Cinder for example are rad.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    I'm so bummed that the DS3 Design Works book is the first one to not have interviews with Miyazaki and other From devs. Those interviews always had interesting insights and info in them.

• Options
  • Options
    Pruld is a treasure to mankind.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    I would like Farron more if it didn't inexplicably leave my character's neck bare.

It does? I swore that high collar part covered it.

It might in 2, I'm referring to it solely in regards to 3.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I would like Farron more if it didn't inexplicably leave my character's neck bare.

It does? I swore that high collar part covered it.

It might in 2, I'm referring to it solely in regards to 3.

Well 3 takes everything 2 did and pushes it off a cliff, putting some of the scraps together in a shitty form so as to warn anyone else who dares try something different and new in a Souls game. So if this is true it's not surprising.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Great, now I know who Pruld is.

I have homework, dammit!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    If you haven't seen Pruld's DS1 video "We are the Souls," you have to watch it. It's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ftbQb_jHxc

I had to link a version of it from somebody else's channel because the version on Pruld's channel got muted from a copyright claim to the music.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    Now that the game's pretty much done, what are people doing to get souls?

• Options
    You mean what's a good soul farm in DS3? I don't know if the DLC added any better ones, but the gold winged knights near the end of Lothric Castle used to be pretty much the best farm. Use the ring to meet the requirements/get a spell slot if you have to and Rapport + backstabs = very fast souls. Use silver serpent, mimic hat, shield of want, etc.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    You mean what's a good soul farm in DS3? I don't know if the DLC added any better ones, but the gold winged knights near the end of Lothric Castle used to be pretty much the best farm. Use the ring to meet the requirements/get a spell slot if you have to and Rapport + backstabs = very fast souls. Use silver serpent, mimic hat, shield of want, etc.

The Winged Knight trio in the Grand Archives.

Skipping straight to DLC2 can get you the better Silver Serpent ring to speed things up.

EDIT- Sorry, didnt read. That was American of me.

Cantido on
  • Options
    If you play Ringed City, even casually cooping as a phantom, you can rack up hundreds of thousands of souls in no time. I've just been doing jolly cooperation and upgrading weapons buying insane amounts of heavy ammo non-stop.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Well, that's my all-quests-completed, Usurpation of Fire run complete. First time I've beaten the game, too.

Damn satisfying. Wonder what the next Soulslike game will be...

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Well, that's my all-quests-completed, Usurpation of Fire run complete. First time I've beaten the game, too.

I really wanna see what the setting of the next one will be. Bloorborne was kinda awesome setting-wise.

• Options

Please, PLEASE, Armored Core.

• Options
    Metal Wolf Chaos Souls

• Options
    Spent the afternoon running around with a cosplay Havel build cooping and invading. A lot of fun even though it's a gimmick build. You either crush in five seconds or lose horribly, but that's pretty standard.

Against one purple phantom in a narrow corridor, I popped the greatshield special granite booster. After seeing his rapier *rebound* like hitting a wall a few times (and for extra fun, me not even bothering to block), he did the collapse, followed by egg emote. And so, I mercifully sent him on the way with a "Very good!" and a round of applause... and a double handed charge smash.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    "Well, I did it. After 65 hours, I finally beat the game and its DLC. I guess I can go back to playing Persona 5! Hoooray!"
    "..."
    *Starts a second character.*

Damn this game. I got a Knight, quality build character to 125 and now I'm starting a Pyromancer. It's been pretty rough so far, but I'm making my way into the Catacombs and hopefully soon the Smouldering Lake where Chaos Bed Vestiges await me. I hear that's good or something! Does anyone have some spell and item/weapon recommendations for versatility when it comes to fire-resistant enemies, though?

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    ...I just realized I haven't played any DLC for DS2 or DS3.

Hmm.

• Options
    I bet you could at least do something with a lance-rest.

• Options

Something futuristic and in space is what i'm hoping for. Sci Fi soulslike is basically everything I want.

• Options
    Dark Soils: Friends of Mineral Town.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Alternative answer: DS2 is the best because all the armor looked good, unlike DS1 where 80% of heavy armor is designed to look absolutely ridiculous or DS3 which reuses all the DS1 armor and makes it harder to mix-and-match sets without looking dumb than DS1 or DS2 due to the higher level of detail.

Side note, I just started Demon's Souls for the first time and it was really weird to realize that the much superior 2h straight sword stance wasn't a new thing for DS2, it was a return to the original 2h stance for swords from DeS. (the way you hold straight swords and thrusting swords 2h in DS1 and 3 really bothers me for some reason).

the outfit variety for non-high medium/heavy builds is awwwwful

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I'm going to have show you kids some fashion souls later. Because some of the sets I've made in DS3 are my favorite ever.

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »

Hmm.

DS2 is forgettable. DS3 has some great moments, and loot too good to miss before NG+.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

Hmm.

DS2 is forgettable. DS3 has some great moments, and loot too good to miss before NG+.

Nah the DS2 DLC is literally the best part of the game. Sunken is....clever, but meh, Iron King is pretty spiffy, and Ivory is one of the coolest(HEH) areas in souls history.

And yeah of course the DS3 DLC is good, but the DS2 DLC is totally worth playing.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    PLA wrote: »
    Dark Soils: Friends of Mineral Town.

Sorry but that name is already taken by the Zaibatsu.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Not very sure what weapon to use with this Pyromancer I'm using to try and replay the game. I beat the game the first time using nothing except the Longsword I started with, so I kinda wanted to vary, but I've ended up just using the Hollowslayer sword and then after I started actually getting large titanite the Claymore, which are basically the same thing as the straight sword but slightly slower anyway. I just can't really do without the horizontal sweeps, with how bouncy all the bastards in this game are.

Also, joy, Irythill dungeon next. Maybe I could just go and ask someone to punch me in the stomach, that sounds more fun.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Hmm.

Advising people to play DS2 without DLC is a fucking dick-move. Don't listen to Patches, over here.

PLA on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

Hmm.

Advising people to play DS2 without DLC is a fucking dick-move. Don't listen to Patches, over here.

Yeah, the DLC has some of DS2's best content.

Also some of its worst, but those bits are entirely optional.

broken image link
  • Options

Hmm.

Yeah, the DLC has some of DS2's best content.

Also some of its worst, but those bits are entirely optional.

Okay, fair enough.

I never forgave a lot of it.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Hmm.

This is why we need a DS1 release on the xbone/ps4

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Hmm.

This is why we need a DS1 release on the xbone/ps4

The 360 game is playable on xbone.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Not very sure what weapon to use with this Pyromancer I'm using to try and replay the game. I beat the game the first time using nothing except the Longsword I started with, so I kinda wanted to vary, but I've ended up just using the Hollowslayer sword and then after I started actually getting large titanite the Claymore, which are basically the same thing as the straight sword but slightly slower anyway. I just can't really do without the horizontal sweeps, with how bouncy all the bastards in this game are.

Also, joy, Irythill dungeon next. Maybe I could just go and ask someone to punch me in the stomach, that sounds more fun.

Long Sword or Astora Straight Sword, infused raw and then buffed with Carthus Flame Arc when you need. That way you can keep your str/dex stats at the minimum to wield it and can focus all your levels on Int/Fth for damage.

Once you have the chaos or dark coals infuse something with one of those. You could also go into DLC1 and kill that npc guy for the Onyx Blade. That's what i've been using, it's fucking amazing.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    raw ASS got nerfed, i think