As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

and now his [Overwatch Thread] is ended

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Got my code thanks Sir Toons

When does this go live?

in 17 minutes

gnt bnet id google spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NYTItgSvKn0N74CCfI8p-QhqUGJNptZ3AnUYDhGwG-s/edit#gid=0

jesus, you people are animals

I've cut the column header row, put it back at the top, added a filter to it and view-froze the first row.

Git gud at spreadsheets, people

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Man I should've preordered. I wanna test drive this game so bad

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    I'm RawrDragon#1343 if anyone wants to play, like, *right now*.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I would ask for a code but, like, I'm real tired today, so I probably won't actually get around to playing till tomorrow

and in that case I may as well wait for Wednesday anyway

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Not working for me on PS4 quite yet

• Options
    Game 1 of the beta: Play of the game off the game off a Symmetra ball killing 2 people while another guy died to turrets while reinhart pins me to a wall killing me.... displacing the previous (much less exciting) option for play of the game where I got a triple kill of turrets while walking back from spawn.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Dang it, I did pre-order, but I have no clue where the code is. Oh well. I think Zarya is going to be the character I try out first, her weapon reminds me of the China Lake from Black Ops, which I used a lot.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm seriously hoping that this brings back the glorious PA TF2 days of old

There a preinstall for beta?

Unfortunately I don't think anything can really match the glory days of TF2.

Does Overwatch have the same region split as all of Blizzard's other games? I hate it, but at least unlocks in Overwatch will just be cosmetic.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Hopped in for a bit before the kids went to bed. Lots of fun despite the fact that I'm terrible. I need to spend a lot more time with the individual characters against AI until I figure out what I'm doing

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Done an hour, never touched it before

Game is good

Tad concerned at low player count though

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    added myself to the list

still need to update for the 5th lol

• Options
    Well this is great.

Now that I'm home, Overwatch has disappeared from my Battle.Net application (it's just not on the Games list), and the app doesn't seem to recognize that I already have a copy when I go to the Store page either.

I bought the damn thing, and even put in my beta code earlier today. What the hell?

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't recall a code being sent to me. Bought it through Battle.net and not seeing it in a handy email anywhere.
    Hmm. but it shows I purchased it. I can wait another day or two really.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Ok going to wait out day one chaos but so buying this tomorrow after work.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Well this is great.

Now that I'm home, Overwatch has disappeared from my Battle.Net application (it's just not on the Games list), and the app doesn't seem to recognize that I already have a copy when I go to the Store page either.

I bought the damn thing, and even put in my beta code earlier today. What the hell?

On the plus side, I got my tech support callback just now and we cleared it up in like two minutes.

On the down side, I told him "congratulations to you guys, have a good launch; I hope they're paying you overtime tonight!" and he was just totally silent for a second before saying "yup, have a good beta, sir"

ouch
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Yeah I don't recall a code being sent to me. Bought it through Battle.net and not seeing it in a handy email anywhere.
    Hmm. but it shows I purchased it. I can wait another day or two really.

Mine hit my "Promotions" folder in gmail so check your spam box.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Oh my god, everyone. When you're in sentry mode as Bastion, and you do the "Hello" emote, he waves with his little welding torch (that he uses for his repair ability) instead of his hand because it's transformed away somewhere. It is too fucking cute.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Yeah I've dug around in my email. It likely hit the spam or I deleted it inadvertently and it's since cycled out of the recently deleted info.
    Sent em a help ticket. We'll see. Not in a massive rush, but I wish I could at least let the game install/download in the meantime.

• Options
    Done an hour, never touched it before

Game is good

Tad concerned at low player count though

We were spinning up games pretty fast, except for one time when it got stuck, which was likely a bug related to there being a ton of people on rather than an inability for us to find one player. We re-queued and were in a game in like 10 seconds.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Anyone got one of those

spare PS4 beta codes?

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yesss I have Thursday and Friday off, so just in time for the open beta.

Does Blizzard login whatsadoosit stuff lock you to one platform per email, or can I use it for both PC and PS4?

• Options
    Ok I'm in.

Lucio is just as boss as I assumed he would be, I am going to continue my usual trend of loving the giant gorilla character no matter what, Soldier Numbername is just as boring to play as his stupid backstory is to read, and Zenyatta is haaaarrrrd

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Yeah I've dug around in my email. It likely hit the spam or I deleted it inadvertently and it's since cycled out of the recently deleted info.
    Sent em a help ticket. We'll see. Not in a massive rush, but I wish I could at least let the game install/download in the meantime.

when did you buy it?

this is a pre-order bonus beta time for people that bought it before the 29th

and they sent a thing saying if you bought it on the 28th or 29th they're working to get them out but they may not have it out in time

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »

when did you buy it?

this is a pre-order bonus beta time for people that bought it before the 29th

and they sent a thing saying if you bought it on the 28th or 29th they're working to get them out but they may not have it out in time

24th. I probably just missed the email and it got sent off into the ether. Worst case scenario I play two days later.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Man, this game is addicting

• Options
    Ohhhhh

So this is where @Vivixenne got her av from

It's always a weird feeling discovering the source of someone's av/sig naturally

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    oh hi yes hello

I'm avoiding the crap out of the open beta because I don't need my soul sucked out of me any earlier than absolutely required

but I will be there on day 1

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Everything resets after the beta right? I got the riverboat skin for McCree and I don't want to get too attached to it if I can only love it for a week

• Options
    Lucio is great

faster, assholes, faster

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    Everything resets after the beta right? I got the riverboat skin for McCree and I don't want to get too attached to it if I can only love it for a week

Based on past Blizz Beta experience, yes.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I will ask this tho - what platform are people getting this on?

I kinda really want it for PC just cuz that's where all my other Blizz games are, but just thought I'd check

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I'm going PC because I tried Destiny on console and I was miserably bad. Need that mouse aiming.

Also Blizz games just feel more at home on my PC. It's still weird to me to think of Blizzard on consoles despite D3 and now Overwatch.

godmode on
  • Options
    I have it for PC and I'm still terrible. It's a fantastic game though.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    godmode wrote: »
    I'm going PC because I tried Destiny on console and I was miserably bad. Need that mouse aiming.

Also Blizz games just feel more at home on my PC. It's still weird to me to think of Blizzard on consoles despite D3 and now Overwatch.

yes this is me, though I play Hearthstone almost exclusively on my iPad

Blizz has a good habit of not overly taxing my graphics card even with their new stuff so I'll probably end up getting it for the PC

even though their region locking stuff sucks - but that's not happening on release, yeah?

I'm suuuuper looking forward to it even though I haven't actually played it yet (and when I do it'll be Pharah 24/7 until I feel like I know what I'm doing), I'm so happy it's getting good reviews even in beta though

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm going PC most likely.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I'm going PC most likely.

yay an Aussie to play with! that seals the deal imo

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Would I need to have PS+ to play the beta?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Would I need to have PS+ to play the beta?

No

Xbox Live is required, PlayStation Plus is not

Plus will be required for full game obviously

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm actually surprised how much I dislike playing this game with a controller, I thought it would've been a great fit

Now I'm one of those keyboard/mouse jerks

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing in this match

It says "stop the payload" which, to me, would mean "blow it up or something"

But then it says "defend"

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing in this match

It says "stop the payload" which, to me, would mean "blow it up or something"

But then it says "defend"

Hold it like you would a capture point

If you're attacking, it'll move on its own down the line

If you're defending, you'll keep it from making progress

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.