As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]onnaise

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    IT was asked to setup automatic mail backups for us. We got a half-hearted email instructing us on how to drag a PST file to a network drive. The instructions do not include what a PST file is or where I'd find one. Only that Outlook should be closed before copying it.

Now I know what a PST is and I can look up where mine are stored I guess but jesus christ IT. I wish I got to halfass my job like this.

"Oh yeah just take the camera, hook it up, and point it at the thing and say go. It should probably be ok."

lol your IT is so bad

it's amazing

that's also... not even what mail backups is

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    1) why is anyone wearing anything but boxer briefs, they look great and feel good and fit easiest under tight pants, and if you're not wearing tights pants, well

2) I do not understand the appeal of shaving one's bits to the skin. Trim, sure, for neatness and oral convenience, but shaving is bad for the skin! Leave some underbrush for gossake

re: #2 shaft hair

People have hair on their shaft? Ye gods.

not the whole thing but like, the first 6 inches or so

porp

how big is it really?

I'll donate $20 to the charity of your choice.

And ask anyone, I'll fucking do it.

Omg! Why are you sharing this shit "Sir Landshark"?!?!??!? Why not just send all these ppl a dick pic. Ffs. No wonder Hakkekage has nightmares about you and your junk

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yFEP973GVP0/T6VSrc2-_UI/AAAAAAAABG0/Gmx3j8UrTAk/s320/llama-stare.gif

Oh.

Sweetie.

We know a lot more than this.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    It's like the time the Starbucks guy was dumbstruck by my wife's request of a tall drink in her "grande" sized personal coffee container. As smoke started coming out of his ears after trying to explain that, yes, a tall drink will indeed fit in there the lady behind him was like, "I got this Chad, just ring them up"

*I'm assuming his name was Chad, I forgot it.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i was gonna eat that leftover stirfry for lunch today but now i want a cheesesteak minus the cheese

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    apparently the naked jogger has been sighted again in RVA

i guess spring is here
    This isn’t the first naked jogger sighting in the neighborhood. One was spotted on the Boulevard in the Fan in 2014 and was reported in the area more than once for five years prior. A Fan resident had stated that he verbally harassed her. He stopped to share a beer with another woman.

Why would you harass a nude jogger? And then the guy had a beer? Why is that relevant to the story?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    we don't have a naked jogger but we do have a dancing hotpants rollerskater with gigantic earphones

i havent seen him yet this year :(

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Also our automated backup system excludes image files and code files (.m, .cpp, .h, .cs, .sln, etc), ostensibly for code security and preventing accidental NDA leaks of images.

I am a vision programmer. My work is all code and images. This backup system saves nothing but empty folders, word documents, and the occasional UML diagram. It is astonishingly useless.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Kasich too?

Damn it, I thought you were going to go all the way! :(

You'll always be Kasich 2016...in my heart.

Neco on
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Kasicj too?

Damn it, I thought you were going to go all the way! :(

You'll always be Kasich 2016...in my heart.

America ran out of food. We never thought it would happen.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

i guess spring is here
    This isn’t the first naked jogger sighting in the neighborhood. One was spotted on the Boulevard in the Fan in 2014 and was reported in the area more than once for five years prior. A Fan resident had stated that he verbally harassed her. He stopped to share a beer with another woman.

Why would you harass a nude jogger? And then the guy had a beer? Why is that relevant to the story?

i guess he's not like some creepy weirdo and just some guy who likes jogging nude

so the beer anecdote humanizes him?

i dunno

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    dang

my boss' boss was just like it's a real shame [person a level up from you] is leaving right now and not in a few months.. we've been really really happy with your progress here and we would've loved to have you take that position

dangles. why couldnt you quit in another 6 months you selfish man

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    god damn it

i go to the cheesesteak place and order a cheesesteak for lunch. there is a new guy taking orders. i tell him i want a cheese steak with peppers and onions.

"that's it?" he says to me.

"yes" although i did not consider the implications of the question until later

i get back to my desk and open my sandwich to discover that

there
    is
    no
    cheese

on my cheesesteak

of course i wanted cheese you fucking idiot, it's in the goddamn name

Apparently, in certain parts of the country "plain" takes on a whole different meaning from what plain is supposed to mean.

Plain, by context, means "nothing". If I say "give me a burger plain" that means I want nothing on it. Plain's definition implies that "nothing should change" but if I say "burger plain" why not just say burger? It doesn't mean anything if nothing changes. It's not like I said "yes give me a burger with lettuce, plain, so just ignore that lettuce brother."

But in some parts of the rural south and midwest "plain" means exactly that "I want this as it is on the menu". It's mind baffling, like they're not cognizant of why someone would say plain instead of just the menu item.

I assume that's what happened here, in some form, he heard "cheesesteak" and his brain went "okay so meat on a bun sandwich, and he only wants peppers and onions.. but the cheese... hmm he didn't say cheese specifically other than reference to the sandwich, he must've meant plain cheesesteak"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    The jogger harassed a resident, I think? Then paused his run to drink a beer with someone else.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i was gonna eat that leftover stirfry for lunch today but now i want a cheesesteak minus the cheese

why brian

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Also our automated backup system excludes image files and code files (.m, .cpp, .h, .cs, .sln, etc), ostensibly for code security and preventing accidental NDA leaks of images.

I am a vision programmer. My work is all code and images. This backup system saves nothing but empty folders, word documents, and the occasional UML diagram. It is astonishingly useless.

uhh why aren't the backups encrypted?

• Options
    IT was asked to setup automatic mail backups for us. We got a half-hearted email instructing us on how to drag a PST file to a network drive. The instructions do not include what a PST file is or where I'd find one. Only that Outlook should be closed before copying it.

Now I know what a PST is and I can look up where mine are stored I guess but jesus christ IT. I wish I got to halfass my job like this.

"Oh yeah just take the camera, hook it up, and point it at the thing and say go. It should probably be ok."

You guys hiring IT? My left nut could do it better.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    The jogger harassed a resident, I think? Then paused his run to drink a beer with someone else.

allegedly

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

THEY ARE. Management is paranoid and IT would rather implement useless systems than push back.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    dang

my boss' boss was just like it's a real shame [person a level up from you] is leaving right now and not in a few months.. we've been really really happy with your progress here and we would've loved to have you take that position

why can't you just train for the position in a probationary role for the next six months

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    god damn it

i go to the cheesesteak place and order a cheesesteak for lunch. there is a new guy taking orders. i tell him i want a cheese steak with peppers and onions.

there
    is
    no
    cheese

on my cheesesteak

Apparently, in certain parts of the country "plain" takes on a whole different meaning from what plain is supposed to mean.

Plain, by context, means "nothing". If I say "give me a burger plain" that means I want nothing on it. Plain's definition implies that "nothing should change" but if I say "burger plain" why not just say burger? It doesn't mean anything if nothing changes. It's not like I said "yes give me a burger with lettuce, plain, so just ignore that lettuce brother."

But in some parts of the rural south and midwest "plain" means exactly that "I want this as it is on the menu". It's mind baffling, like they're not cognizant of why someone would say plain instead of just the menu item.

I assume that's what happened here, in some form, he heard "cheesesteak" and his brain went "okay so meat on a bun sandwich, and he only wants peppers and onions.. but the cheese... hmm he didn't say cheese specifically other than reference to the sandwich, he must've meant plain cheesesteak"

or he's an idiot and lucky that i didn't have my six shooters and spurs on

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    1) why is anyone wearing anything but boxer briefs, they look great and feel good and fit easiest under tight pants, and if you're not wearing tights pants, well

2) I do not understand the appeal of shaving one's bits to the skin. Trim, sure, for neatness and oral convenience, but shaving is bad for the skin! Leave some underbrush for gossake

porp

how big is it really?

Omg! Why are you sharing this shit Sir Landshark?!?!??!? Why not just send all these ppl a dick pic. Ffs. No wonder Hakkekage has nightmares about you and your junk

Well, if his biceps are any indication...

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

i guess spring is here

I think the resident was harassed by the jogger in this story

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Yes but is it shorn, they have strict grooming standards.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

Yeah backup shouldn't care, encrypt it and then NDA is covered. I'd maybe put a size limit so you're not backing up like 200Mbyte+ files in the general backup.

• Options
    dang

say "ok, put me on a track to get there, then. give me that position on a provisional basis and hook me up with a mentor"

919UOwT.png
  • Options

Yes but is it shorn, they have strict grooming standards.

... yes

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    god damn it

there
    is
    no
    cheese

on my cheesesteak

Wait what?

Man this probably explains some pissed off Jib customers from years ago. In washington state plain means burger and bun.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    WASHINGTON — A 28-year-old army officer on Wednesday sued President Obama over the legality of the war against the Islamic State, setting up a test of Mr. Obama’s disputed claim that he needs no new legal authority from Congress to order the military to wage that deepening conflict.

“To honor my oath, I am asking the court to tell the president that he must get proper authority from Congress, under the War Powers Resolution, to wage the war against ISIS in Iraq and Syria,” he wrote.

The legal challenge comes after the death of the third American service member fighting the Islamic State and as Mr. Obama has decided to significantly expand the number of Special Operations ground troops he has deployed to Syria aid rebels there.

Mr. Obama has argued that he already has the authority he needs to wage the conflict against the Islamic State under the authorization to fight the perpetrators of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, enacted by Congress shortly after the attacks.

That argument is controversial because the Islamic State is at odds with the current leadership of Al Qaeda and its affiliate in Syria, the Nusra Front. Critics contend that the administration is stretching the Sept. 11 authorization too far by applying it to an organization that did not exist in 2001 and that operates far from Afghanistan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/us/islamic-state-war-powers-lawsuit-obama.html?_r=0

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Parallel system that daily zips your folders into backupzipnotalibrary.h

Duh

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    dancing hotpants rollerskates big headphones guy isn't always dancing, mind you

most of the time he is just rollerskating along, and then BAM he busts out some rollerskates dancing

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    dang

why can't you just train for the position in a probationary role for the next six months

eh maybe

i think i'm gonna apply anyway, if for nothing else than the practice of the fairly brutal interview i peeped once

to be totally honest i don't feel like i'm ready for the position either, and we're understaffed atm so i don't know if they can deal with the burden of bringing me up to speed

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

lulwhat

man backups should be transparent to the user

"please save your shit on this network drive, it's what's backed up"

the other part is just madness

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    The nude jogger perches on a chair, furtively sipping from his bottle of Michelob Ultra, his main source of nutrition, penis swinging pendulously to and fro as he takes care to watch for predators

He can survive for up to a week on this single bottle.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

porp

how big is it really?

Omg! Why are you sharing this shit "Sir Landshark"?!?!??!? Why not just send all these ppl a dick pic. Ffs. No wonder Hakkekage has nightmares about you and your junk

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yFEP973GVP0/T6VSrc2-_UI/AAAAAAAABG0/Gmx3j8UrTAk/s320/llama-stare.gif

Oh.

Sweetie.

We know a lot more than this.

There's more? What more could there be? I feel like @Sir Landshark is trying to scare me away from his "safe space." Not working.

• Options
    My company has decided to block personal email usage for security reasons

Starting tomorrow I won't be able to use gmail while I'm on the network

It will be...difficult.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    WASHINGTON — A 28-year-old army officer on Wednesday sued President Obama over the legality of the war against the Islamic State, setting up a test of Mr. Obama’s disputed claim that he needs no new legal authority from Congress to order the military to wage that deepening conflict.

“To honor my oath, I am asking the court to tell the president that he must get proper authority from Congress, under the War Powers Resolution, to wage the war against ISIS in Iraq and Syria,” he wrote.

The legal challenge comes after the death of the third American service member fighting the Islamic State and as Mr. Obama has decided to significantly expand the number of Special Operations ground troops he has deployed to Syria aid rebels there.

Mr. Obama has argued that he already has the authority he needs to wage the conflict against the Islamic State under the authorization to fight the perpetrators of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, enacted by Congress shortly after the attacks.

That argument is controversial because the Islamic State is at odds with the current leadership of Al Qaeda and its affiliate in Syria, the Nusra Front. Critics contend that the administration is stretching the Sept. 11 authorization too far by applying it to an organization that did not exist in 2001 and that operates far from Afghanistan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/us/islamic-state-war-powers-lawsuit-obama.html?_r=0

You know I'd be more inclined to fault Obama here if he hasn't repeatedly asked congress for this very thing and yet gotten nothing from them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

i guess spring is here

i guess he's not like some creepy weirdo and just some guy who likes jogging nude

so the beer anecdote humanizes him?

i dunno
    Ooooohhhh

The nude jogger is the man in this story

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    god damn it

there
    is
    no
    cheese

on my cheesesteak

Wait what?

Man this probably explains some pissed off Jib customers from years ago. In washington state plain means burger and bun.

Same here.

There's yet another subset where "plain" means no bun, or, no meat.

It's bizarre. There's implicitness!

But that's a bit much to expect from teenagers making minimum wage. So, I'll be happy once we have robots. Panera is already fucking awesome.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

i guess spring is here

Hey I was just down there this past weekend!

Coincidence?

I'm just saying, I've never seen myself and the naked jogger at the same time.

wait why am I trying to take credit for this

• Options
    The nude jogger perches on a chair, furtively sipping from his bottle of Michelob Ultra, his main source of nutrition, penis swinging pendulously to and fro as he takes care to watch for predators

He can survive for up to a week on this single bottle.

i read this in david attenborough's voice

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.