As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: Coming September 20, 2016!

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    You guys need to step it up and have matching emblems and shaders, clearly.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    That would require Siri to get a Trials shader :P

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I still havent gotten a single Trials shader ever.

It's alright at least I have my Scarab em- Oh wait, I dont have that one either.

:rotate:

Sirialis on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    OoooOOOOoooh!!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    If I get a Bastet's Dream eventually, I'd be pretty damn happy with that.

Then each of my characters can have their own different Flawless emblems, I've been wanting that ever since they announced the Year 2 Flawless emblem.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Finished our Trials runs with nothing but sadness and some more armor. We did alright at first but couldn't make it past 6 wins without a loss. I did get my final Trials shader, Aaru's Passage though, so it wasn't a total bust.

Honestly we didn't do too badly. We had a demoralizing start to our third card, but still managed to eke out 7 wins for the weapon. Along with 7 wins on a previous card and all the gold bounties we got a lot of infusion fuel.

I actually got a fair number of Dreg's Promise kills near the end, and that's a victory on its own.
    Sirialis wrote: »
    If I get a Bastet's Dream eventually, I'd be pretty damn happy with that.

Then each of my character can have their own Flawless emblem, I've been wanting that ever since they announced the Year 2 Flawless emblem.
    Yeah, it does look pretty snazzy.

flawless10_029_zpsmnyiadbf.png

(I'm sure you'll get it tomorrow)

Arteen on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Imprecation headshot streak done, that was annoying. I can't believe after that the reward is... wait until next Wednesday. Way to be a total fucking buzzkill, Bungle.

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    The tower sits very high up from the Tex Mechanica workshops.

*guntwirl

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Anyone want to run CoE right now?

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    This kind of score felt pretty good among some really tough matches, especially considering we are up against multiple repeat Flawless Victory guys here. :biggrin: (Now the challenge is to do it again much more often!)

11111__1462654818_20612.png

I hope Bungie does something about Trials to get some more casuals in there though, since Trials matches feels like they are fought tooth and nail much more often these days, even the first match on the card.

We met a team with 100+ Lighthouse visits last week on the first match of a card... Do not want.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I'd join you guys if I didnt had to get up early for Mothers Day tomorrow.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Anybody on the xbox side for CoE?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    It's time for everyone's favorite recurring post, Destiny Shower Thoughts with hlpr!

I got a pair of Mk. 44 Stand Asides out of an exotic engram and they look pretty but my Titan doesn't even have Shoulder Charge unlocked. I can already feel the alt-itis starting to take hold ...must ...try to finish Hunter... first...

I also got the new Sublime Titan chest and now my Exo looks like a bigger, meaner Exo in his gear. Like if you put on armor shaped like a gorilla. It's awesome.

Do the Armsday rolls change from week to week? Put another way, is there another God-roll Arminius-D waiting behind that innocuous little Häkke ticket Banshee is selling?

I tried to do the ghosts from the Paradox mission and realized that I have literally no idea how to get to "the jumping puzzle" because I've never done an according-to-Hoyle Vault run, only been invited in to finish off clears when other people had to drop out.

There is a ton of "extra"/hidden geometry in the Vault and it makes me wonder if we aren't missing stuff in Kings Fall.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Sigh, @Radiation

Tonight's scene:

In-laws over. Watching The Help. Viola Davis is confronting racism. Passions are rising. Tears welling up.

*BING*

"You have received a party invitation from: jfrofl."

Wife gives me the look.

End scene.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    Do the Armsday rolls change from week to week? Put another way, is there another God-roll Arminius-D waiting behind that innocuous little Häkke ticket Banshee is selling?
    Yeah, if you place an order this week, and then pick it up two weeks from now, it'll have a different roll than it had the first week, and if you wait another week to pick it up it have a different roll from the week before that, and so on.
    I tried to do the ghosts from the Paradox mission and realized that I have literally no idea how to get to "the jumping puzzle" because I've never done an according-to-Hoyle Vault run, only been invited in to finish off clears when other people had to drop out.
    Check the wiki.

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Sigh, @Radiation

Tonight's scene:

In-laws over. Watching The Help. Viola Davis is confronting racism. Passions are rising. Tears welling up.

*BING*

Wife gives me the look.

End scene.

Was it the look that says "Go; the City needs you. The Traveler needs you!"

It ...wasn't, was it? :bigfrown:

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Sigh, @Radiation

Tonight's scene:

*BING*

Wife gives me the look.

End scene.

I'm sorry! I'm pretty sure I invited you because it showed you in destiny.
    Also I forgot you have the inlaws in.

:bigfrown:

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Sigh, @Radiation

Tonight's scene:

*BING*

Wife gives me the look.

End scene.

I'm sorry! I'm pretty sure I invited you because it showed you in destiny.
    Also I forgot you have the inlaws in.

:bigfrown:

It's fine, we had a good laugh. My wife recognizes you and mugen by [screen]name now.

Does it show me as playing Destiny if it's suspended with another program running? I almost always just sign out and swap to Netflix or whatever without actually closing the Destiny program. I wonder if that's why it shows me online all the time.

• Options
    Not sure, and honestly it could've been just me being a terrible person.

• Options

Yes @hlprmnky , and you have ~2 hours to pick up the order, I hope you have one on all your characters.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Someone managed to solo Oryx on hard mode. Incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVXRsp22xlc

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Gah there were good Armsday rolls? I have an Arm-D ticket I have been waiting to cash in, but totally keep forgetting the time/mechanics. That is what I get for trying the Overwatch Beta I guess. The Darkness wins again!

• Options
    Nah, no counterbalance rolls this week. Roll 2 had rangefinder and reinforced barrel, which could have been interesting to try out in the wilds, but the crucible would try to make you trash it.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I'm holding out hope for an arminius with counterbalance and an SC holo sight

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Tether +Nighthawk = Orb-splosion
    https://youtu.be/wrBLnxFFC6g
    (Stolen from Booker's feed)
    https://youtu.be/7uSAEfzA9MQ

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    getting back into this game heavy now

ended up getting a Revelator from a crucible match so I feel really badass

PSN Xehaius

also I put in app with Pax Arcadia if that's still a thing

and if I'm on I will totally do a heroic strike

Xehalus on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I played way too much crucible this afternoon.

When did they fix this matchmaking? I'm not getting my socks rocked by super good players constantly, or running into cheaters as often anymore?

Also I'm at like 307-308 light. I really still wanna do Kings Fall, what light level do I need before I can finally get in on a Hardmode? Also no one lists anything on the PSN the100 anymore.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    I played way too much crucible this afternoon.

When did they fix this matchmaking? I'm not getting my socks rocked by super good players constantly, or running into cheaters as often anymore?

Also I'm at like 307-308 light. I really still wanna do Kings Fall, what light level do I need before I can finally get in on a Hardmode? Also no one lists anything on the PSN the100 anymore.

308 would be fine for a PA ran group.for Hard Mode. I'd still try to get in on a regular 100 group if you have the time. Also what time do you typically have for raiding?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I'm free almost always, except for Monday and Thursday nights because I like to get sleep before my ged classes.

I'm in eastern time us BTW.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Well I'm done trying out Overwatch, anyone else want to CoE/Raid/whatevers now?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    So I did a bunch of stuff for the Sleeper Simulant which culminated in me giving some activated drive thing to Banshee-44. According to Google, I just wait until tomorrow and do the Fallen SABER on heroic and I'm done? I don't have to wait for it to be the daily or anything?

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    I made a Warlock yesterday.

He's 318 now.

NBD.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    So I did a bunch of stuff for the Sleeper Simulant which culminated in me giving some activated drive thing to Banshee-44. According to Google, I just wait until tomorrow and do the Fallen SABER on heroic and I'm done? I don't have to wait for it to be the daily or anything?

I can't remember if it's the daily or weekly reset, but after one of those you'll have a new quest with a unique version of the saber strike. Do the strike then go back to Banshee for the sleeper.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @Dyvim Tvar What was the pun that I came up with that we said should be a clan name. I forgot what it was.

I think it was Thorn related.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    I got this coming Friday off, hopefully it's a good map for Trials next weekend because I plan to play most of the day

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    According to truevanguard almost no competitive players use a look sensitivity above 5.

I have been trying to learn 7 and it hasn't been going well.

My recent crucible issues could be of my own making

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Is Int/Disc the go to build for voidbros and rezbros? (PVP-wise?)

Just looking at starting to kit out my warlock and he's all int/str :bigfrown:

He needs some work.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Is Int/Disc the go to build for voidbros and rezbros? (PVP-wise?)

Just looking at starting to kit out my warlock and he's all int/str :bigfrown:

He needs some work.

I like INT/STR for Stormcaller, as Stormcaller grenades are pretty awful and the melee is awesome.

And my Voidbro is DIS/STR w/Nothing Manacles, though the max STR isn't very relevant.

Can't really go wrong with INT/DIS though.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    @Dyvim Tvar What was the pun that I came up with that we said should be a clan name. I forgot what it was.

I think it was Thorn related.

Thornstars?
    A lot of Thorn puns were made, I can't remember which one of us came up with which at this point.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.