As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What was that thread idea I had?

• ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    the amount of useful information in the universe is in a perpetual state of decay. Unfortunately it seems that your thoughts have fallen victim to this informational entropy.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    How about a thread just about memes

Like a frank, informed and analytical discussion about what memes are and why they are that

I too want to see an academic paper entitled "Fuckin' Memes: How Do They Work?!!"

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Today is also the Feast of the Ascension

Himmelfahrt
    my favourite german word

godmodeShortySlacker71
    back in my day we called them image macros, and we painted them on the cave walls as we mourned those devoured by the sabertooth tigers

Whatever happened to Emoticon? Did big Emoji take over or...?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    back in my day we called them image macros, and we painted them on the cave walls as we mourned those devoured by the sabertooth tigers

Whatever happened to Emoticon? Did big Emoji take over or...?
    the emoticons have long since fled these shores, and their more colorful offspring dance and shout incomprehensibly about my feet. i can only stare and nod, as if i understand

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
    JebusUD
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    How about a thread just about memes

Like a frank, informed and analytical discussion about what memes are and why they are that

I think everyone knows about the concept of memetics.

Yeah but what's up with Insanity Wolf, though

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    reminder we're still getting The Emoji Movie next year

uc3ufTB.png
    JebusUD
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    What are the socio-economic repercussions of the thug life meme?

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

cant wait

EzUAYcn.png
    JebusUDClint Eastwood
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    crwth wrote: »

Can't Hardly Wait

JebusUD
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Should 'damn, Daniel' ever have been classified as a meme? At best, it should have been a 'dwarf meme'.

forumsig.png
    JebusUD
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Ultimate hustler was probly the best pre-Twitter meme

darleysamYaYa
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    you're the man now dog

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    JebusUDPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPlatyBillyIdleYaYaDarmakWhippygodmodePeewiDys
  • denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    darleysam wrote: »
    Should 'damn, Daniel' ever have been classified as a meme? At best, it should have been a 'dwarf meme'.

Do you mean meme in the traditional sense or the meme [traditional sense -ed.] internet meme? Because the answer is yes.

darleysam
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

Can't Hardly Wait

hell yes

EzUAYcn.png
    Was this thread about the Nick Cage Jaws Prequel?

Naphtali wrote: »
    you're the man now dog

All your base are belong to us!

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANDarmakSlacker71
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    This thread is an abject failure. I blame crwth

tynicmiscellaneousinsanityBahamutZERO
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    And Vin Diesel Facts was far, far better than Chuck Norris Facts.

forumsig.png
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANDarmakShortyThe Geek
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Here come dat boi is the best internet meme and dissenters will be flogged, banned, and flogged again

Doobh
    Experience the magic of 1997!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WpMlwVwydo

To truly experience the magic, wait about 8 minutes, staring at the screen before hitting play. and make some beop booop darrrrrinnnngg buzzzzzzzz noises.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    miscellaneousinsanityJayKaos
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Here come dat boi is the best internet meme and dissenters will be flogged, banned, and flogged again

are you dat boi

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

the ultimate swilla is still the best forumeme

uc3ufTB.png
    tynicDoobhClint Eastwood
    OMG ANIMU YOUR BANNED #PIPE

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

the ultimate swilla is still the best forumeme

i;m gary

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

To truly experience the magic, wait about 8 minutes, staring at the screen before hitting play. and make some beop booop darrrrrinnnngg buzzzzzzzz noises.

At my cousin's 10th birthday party a couple weeks ago, he got a hamster dance card that played the song when you opened it. How is an Internet thing from well before that kid was born still relevant?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

At my cousin's 10th birthday party a couple weeks ago, he got a hamster dance card that played the song when you opened it. How is an Internet thing from well before that kid was born still relevant?

How are talking gift cards still a thing even? What a stupid and useless object.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular

How are talking gift cards still a thing even? What a stupid and useless object.

Talking cards was a major plot point in that movie about a girl who choked on a jawbreaker, I think it was called Jawbreaker. The jawbreaker was also a major plot point.

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Breaking the jaw, breaking the jaw.

PSN: BillyIdle_
    miscellaneousinsanity
    Taya wrote: »

Talking cards was a major plot point in that movie about a girl who choked on a jawbreaker, I think it was called Jawbreaker. The jawbreaker was also a major plot point.

I remember that. That was one weird movie.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    JayKaos
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    !signupCQC

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Dubh wrote: »
    Knob wrote: »

are you dat boi

hell yes

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    you're the man now dog

All your base are belong to us!

Still one of my favorite things to have come from the internet

JtgVX0H.png
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Not knowing where else to put things, today I realized that say 2:30 in the same manner as tree fiddy for $3.50 gives you "Too Dirty," which is a pretty good time to get to things.

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    If you could send one meme from today back in time to when the numa numa guy was popular, what would you send and why?

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    !signupCQC

Counterstab!

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    hey shut up, everybody shut up, I have an announcement to make

Young MC is playing at the Tacoma Dome

8406wWN.png
    Bedlam
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    holy shit

the lineup includes Young MC, Coolio, Tone Loc, Color Me Badd, All-4-One and Rob Base

what the fuck even IS this show

8406wWN.png
    pookaDonovan Puppyfucker