As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Even Worse Joke Thread

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Can anyone tell me what "opaque" means? I tried looking it up, but the definition was unclear.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what "opaque" means? I tried looking it up, but the definition was unclear.

You could try looking up "vague" instead, but that's also tough to describe

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular

I looked up "slippery" but I just couldn't get a solid grasp on it.

pimento wrote: »

I'm having trouble finding the definition of "simile", and I can't tell you what it's like.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020

I'm having trouble finding the definition of "simile", and I can't tell you what it's like.

use "similar" instead, it's pretty much the same

Houk the Namebringer on

I finally used "plethora" correctly, that really means a lot.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

I really don't know what a women's connection to their baby has to do with all of this.

i'd say you're being obstinate, but that's just not helpful

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

I really don't know what a women's connection to their baby has to do with all of this.

You're thinking of "placenta."

"Plethora" is when you give someone a sugar pill but tell them it's real so they psyche themselves into feeling better.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »

You're thinking of "placenta."

"Plethora" is when you give someone a sugar pill but tell them it's real so they psyche themselves into feeling better.

No no, that's a placebo. Plethora is the idealized theoretical version of something.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I believe you're actually referring to a platonic form.

Plethora is the name of the woman in Greek myth who let the evils of the world out of a box.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Plethora is the name of the woman in Greek myth who let the evils of the world out of a box.

No, that's Pandora.

Plethora is a skin condition that manifests as patches of red, dry, and itchy skin.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

No, that's Pandora.

Plethora is a skin condition that manifests as patches of red, dry, and itchy skin.

You’re thinking of psoriasis.

A plethora is a heavy base that supports a statue or vase.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    A pylon?

Cause Im pretty sure you're thinking of a venomous snake.

Bedlam on
    Bedlam wrote: »
    A pylon?

Naw, pretty sure that's a python. Pylon is that thing you stand on when you're giving a speech.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    A pylon?

I'd say it's a pirouette, but that's still dancing around the correct answer.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    The only part of this that I dislike is the fact that pythons are not venomous

Yeah about that...

I swear I read an article once that all snakes were venomous, just that most of them were really dull and wouldn't kill you, But that itchy and redness from a bite was indicative of venom being injected. Google is failing me, but also it was on Cracked so idk.

But while the word I was thinking of WAS python I was thinking of one of these pythons:

0gkn0kK.jpg

Which go by the more common name of Cobras.

So either way Im a dummy, and I had just woken up when I wrote that.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Luckily it’s the joke thread. Where one person’s python is another person’s snake. :winky:

You have no idea how hard I was wracking my brain for a two syllable synonym for venomous snake that started with a P.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    You have no idea how hard I was wracking my brain for a two syllable synonym for venomous snake that started with a P.

This one is called "Poskok" in it's native region:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vipera_ammodytes

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png

Pit viper is three syllables.

And since nobody got the right answer earlier:

No, that's Pandora.

No, that's a plinth.

Plethora is a town in Illinois that is usually used as a reference for the average consumer.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I wasn’t going to say anything but secretly I was dying that it was given the wrong answer and everybody moved on

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

No, that's Pandora.

No, that's a plinth.

Plethora is a town in Illinois that is usually used as a reference for the average consumer.

Wait, no, good try, but no. You're thinking of Phoenix, Arizona. Wrong town and wrong state, unfortunately.

A plethora is a toy made out of papier mache that you fill with assorted candies and then have a child break apart with a striking weapon during a celebration, El Jefe.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular

No, that's Pandora.

No, that's a plinth.

Wait, no, good try, but no. You're thinking of Phoenix, Arizona. Wrong town and wrong state, unfortunately.

A plethora is a toy made out of papier mache that you fill with assorted candies and then have a child break apart with a striking weapon during a celebration, El Jefe.

No, that's a piñata. Plethora is a kind of vegan leather substitute.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »

No, that's Pandora.

No, that's a plinth.

No, that's a piñata. Plethora is a kind of vegan leather substitute.

No, you’re thinking of pleather. Piñata is that elusive emotion triggered by a release of dopamine in the brain.

I wasn’t going to say anything but secretly I was dying that it was given the wrong answer and everybody moved on
    qdr0L5S.gif

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular

No, that's Pandora.

No, that's a plinth.

I assumed he was thinking of Peoria.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

No, that's Pandora.

No, that's a plinth.

He was.

Ketar wrote: »

No, that's Pandora.

No, that's a plinth.

He was.

But like a parrot, AngelHedgie rose from the ashes to be reborn.

• AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    No, that's a Phoenix.
    Parrot is a kind of very fancy water. For drinking.

AlanF5 wrote: »
    No, that's a Phoenix.
    Parrot is a kind of very fancy water. For drinking.
    That's Perrier.

He means the famous detective created by Agatha Christie.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    No, that's Perrier.

He means a hole where one urinates.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    You people make my life worth living.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    No, that's Perrier.

Hey! Who told you?

steam_sig.png
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    No, that's Perrier.

no, that's a privy.

He means the hard sphere used in jewelry that is found inside mollusk shells.

steam_sig.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    No, that's Perrier.

no, that's a privy.

He means the hard sphere used in jewelry that is found inside mollusk shells.

No, that's a pearl.

Hes referring to buccaneers in the 16th-19th centuries largely located along island colonies.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    No, those were pirates.

He means the thing Guttenberg used to make books in the 15th Century.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    No, those were pirates.

He means the thing Guttenberg used to make books in the 15th Century.

Nope, that's a press!

The word you're talking about means "private law" in latin

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
This discussion has been closed.