As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Sells Everything to Guybrush

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am exhausted. Mentally, emotionally, and physically drained from this week. The funeral and travel plus the massive report release has destroyed me. I am super tired. It is my friends b-day party tonight. I know them. It will be drinking and dancing and partying.

I know full well socially I should go. My friends are really great and seeing them is fun but I am not sure I can do 2 hours of metro tonight.

I feel horrible. I know I could adrenaline myself when there but I need to do a shit ton of things tomorrow so I can't be hung over.

*grumble*

That funeral really destroyed my week.

I think your friend will understand.

Go to bed.

• GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    508634-monkey-island-2-lechuck-s-revenge-special-edition-ipad-screenshot.png

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    also I really don't care for ant man, idk why

Because by the time you've reached Ant-Man you're just kind of scraping the barrel by that point.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

Because by the time you've reached Ant-Man you're just kind of scraping the barrel by that point.

somewhere @Arch cries a single tear and doesn't know why

No, that's Stilt Man.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    uhhh Ant-Man is in the top middle of the top tier of marvel films

Ludious on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Skippy I haven't seen it yet

But I have a feeling I am gonna disagree so hard with whatever your spoiler is

mainly because you went into a movie called Civil War and..

you know what

this path leads to madness

that's fine!

I like capt america best out of the superheroes maybe? I really like the movie winter soldier

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    skippy butt truck

poo
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Does anyone prefer the J-Law Mystique? She's a great blue painted lady, but as mystique I'm not sold.

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    skippy paul rudd was one of the best parts of that movie you take that back

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Something about hating fun I think.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elki, why did the riddling end?

I do miss the riddles, despite the fact that I never even came close to solving them.

EXCEPT FOR THAT ONE TIME I DIDN'T POST THE ANSWER WHEN I WAS RIGHT.

I got that one.

arf arf arf

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Jake and I have vastly different tastes but the only movie opinions that truly grate me are Skippy's

he's just

so wrong, ALL the time.

Like, he's actually worse than Atomika, he just doesn't write screeds

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

If anything, GoTG was barrel scraping.

Bogart wrote: »

I do miss the riddles, despite the fact that I never even came close to solving them.

I got that one.

arf arf arf

Bit did you get the one about stopping and going?

u fkn wot m8

Jake and I have vastly different tastes but the only movie opinions that truly grate me are Skippy's

he's just

so wrong, ALL the time.

Like, he's actually worse than Atomika, he just doesn't write screeds

haha

I like guardians of the galaxy a lot!

also there was a preview for another star wars movie it looks kinda interesting

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

That guy's gonna get pounded in the butt by his own butt

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

u fkn wot m8
    the comic characters, not the movie

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

u fkn wot m8

As far as excavating source material.

Ain't nobody read a GoTG comic since the last time someone got a blow job in cargo shorts.

Also Ant Man is excellent, both in his film and the new Cap movie.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I am exhausted. Mentally, emotionally, and physically drained from this week. The funeral and travel plus the massive report release has destroyed me. I am super tired. It is my friends b-day party tonight. I know them. It will be drinking and dancing and partying.

I know full well socially I should go. My friends are really great and seeing them is fun but I am not sure I can do 2 hours of metro tonight.

I feel horrible. I know I could adrenaline myself when there but I need to do a shit ton of things tomorrow so I can't be hung over.

*grumble*

Don't go. Get some sleep instead. Depending on friend, say you don't feel well or just rehash this post.

My friends get it.

They are awesome otherwise they wouldn't be my friends. They all knew about the funeral and stuff. I was hoping to make it but by 4 I was fading fast. I am now trying to decide to eat food.

Also doesn't help it will rain all night. That is killing me.

u7stthr17eud.png
    dr strange looks good too, I am looking forward to that

I wish they'd make a hulk movie because I fukkin love the hulk and the guy who plays him but I think I read that after a couple of stand alone failures they aren't planning to do that

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »

That guy's gonna get pounded in the butt by his own butt

he wishes

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    credeiki wrote: »

*grumble*

Don't go. Get some sleep instead. Depending on friend, say you don't feel well or just rehash this post.

My friends get it.

They are awesome otherwise they wouldn't be my friends. They all knew about the funeral and stuff. I was hoping to make it but by 4 I was fading fast. I am now trying to decide to eat food.

Also doesn't help it will rain all night. That is killing me.

I guess you'll just have to play overwatch with us instead

darn.

...darn.

That sucks.

Fate is so cruel.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

u fkn wot m8

Ain't nobody read a GoTG comic since the last time someone got a blow job in cargo shorts.

I mean, college spring break was what, a month and a half ago?

nibXTE7.png
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I thought Boxtrolls was p charming

especially the part where the kid is like interacting with humans for the first time and he thinks 'shake hands' means shake his hands above his head and kissing someone's hand means licking them etc. as an awkward shut in i am like yes, i can relate to this

the villain was terrible tho, its one of those movies where the villain's sinister plan is way way too convoluted. Also I'd rather he wasn't a crossdresser. That did come off as kinda regressive in my opinion, which is surprising coming from a company that had an openly gay character in one movie and a cute song at the end of Boxtrolls that mentioned families with two moms and two dads. Like it's not just that the villain dresses like a woman but that's he's a really really slimy and gross villain, thus sending a message that queerness and gender noncomformatism etc equals sliminess and grossiness. oh well.

wandering on
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I dislike the avengers movies.

They don't seem thought out very far beyond: ok well we put several popular characters on screen at the same time!

The dialog isn't good. The plots aren't interesting. The cinematography is bland. The villains and fights are straight-up bad.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    Bogart wrote: »

I got that one.

arf arf arf

Bit did you get the one about stopping and going?

No.

Elki, from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Im gonna graduate the fuck out of that commencement then blow up mans in Overwatch until my liver bleeds.

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    So I'm old, but a super old nerd here was actually a GOTG guy and he was all peeved at the roster they chose for the film.

I've come to realize nerds are people, too. Can't please them all.

u fkn wot m8

hmmm I wonder if you can see a spike in pregnancy test kit sales ~1month after college spring breaks

That's not really a joke per se. I would actually like to see the data

kedinik wrote: »
    I dislike the avengers movies.

They don't seem thought out very far beyond: ok well we put several popular characters on screen at the same time!

The dialog isn't good. The plots aren't interesting. The cinematography is bland. The villains and fights are straight-up bad.

I liked the first one much more than the second one

Hey Atomika has good movie opinions! I don't always agree with her, but I like her movie thoughts.

Skippy, though....
    <3 skippy

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Thanks last year auditor. Why you didn't make these corrections a year ago?

Mutter mutter

navgoose wrote: »
    I've come to realize nerds are people, too.

Are they though?

edited May 2016
    Also I am probably gonna play Overwatch while its free.

Neco#1271

I am TERRIBLE at these types of games though, so if you wanna play with me, please have patience for bad players. I'm not mean at least though!

Neco on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

u fkn wot m8

hmmm I wonder if you can see a spike in pregnancy test kit sales ~1month after college spring breaks

That's not really a joke per se. I would actually like to see the data

STD tests spike a month after Burning Man so, probably.

nibXTE7.png
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    uhhh Ant-Man is in the top middle of the top tier of marvel films

but what movie is in the bottom middle of the bottom tier?

Iron Man 2?

Truly wonderful.
    x8sb6b5m9dol.jpg

This discussion has been closed.