As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey, Podcasts. Are you /good?/

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Spoilers Shoemaker was just gonna straight-up say some shit about Uncharted 4 until Drew stopped him

He really doesn't care about ruining things for anyone if he already saw it

This is actually really funny to me because I was listening to some old Bombcasts the other day and they start talking about Uncharted 3 but he hadn't finished it yet and he absolutely didn't want to hear a word and was going to leave the room so they could talk about it

I mean he's always done that

He's so touchy about being spoiled himself on things but when it comes to spoiling things for other people he REALLY REALLY WANTS TO DO IT

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    And now you guys understand the joke behind Kawaiikochan

are you sure kawaiikochan is a joke...?

Yup.

what makes you think so?

I've said it several times before, in the webcomics thread and also here. The guy works in the anime/video game industry.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Stephen Tobolowsky's favorite album is The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, which is the correct answer

6F32U1X.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Stephen Tobolowsky's favorite album is The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, which is the correct answer

Actually, the correct answer is Diamond Dogs or Station to Station

or whichever album resonates most with you at whichever phase of your life you are in when answering the question

Has there been a movie where Stephen Tobolowsky and Fred Melamed are brothers

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Yup.

what makes you think so?

I've said it several times before, in the webcomics thread and also here. The guy works in the anime/video game industry.

I don't really see that as evidence as to one interpretation or the other.

Calling it right now that the chicken burger fight was more interesting and substantive

Calling it right now that the chicken burger fight was more interesting and substantive

Let's just fight about which Bowie album is best

Though one of them does have Suffragette City on it, which you'd think would settle it all then and there

6F32U1X.png

Though one of them does have Suffragette City on it, which you'd think would settle it all then and there

Well one of them has "Rebel, Rebel," which one could also interpret as settling the matter definitively

Well one of them has "Rebel, Rebel," which one could also interpret as settling the matter definitively

Hmm, interesting

But have you considered the inclusion of Moonage Daydream?

Surely that was overlooked, it definitively tips the scales!

6F32U1X.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    It's Low.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yup.

what makes you think so?

I don't really see that as evidence as to one interpretation or the other.

i think he's said it makes it as a joke publicly. i don't have a link to that happening but then you don't want a joke you typically play straight to be too known as a joke.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Spoilers Shoemaker was just gonna straight-up say some shit about Uncharted 4 until Drew stopped him

He really doesn't care about ruining things for anyone if he already saw it

This is actually really funny to me because I was listening to some old Bombcasts the other day and they start talking about Uncharted 3 but he hadn't finished it yet and he absolutely didn't want to hear a word and was going to leave the room so they could talk about it

I mean he's always done that

He's so touchy about being spoiled himself on things but when it comes to spoiling things for other people he REALLY REALLY WANTS TO DO IT

I was more annoyed with Dan casually dropping Until Dawn spoilers.

04xkcuvaav19.png
    edited May 2016

Hmm, interesting

But have you considered the inclusion of Moonage Daydream?

Surely that was overlooked, it definitively tips the scales!

And yet, Rock 'N Roll With Me definitively tips them right on back!

Poorochondriac on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So I just did an hour and a half session about possible Nintendo movies and literally all my recording programs failed so I lost everything. Im pretty pissed

Does anyone have a reliable skype recorder? The ones Im using (iskype recorder and mp3skype recorder)are just not cutting it.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Yup.

what makes you think so?

I'm not following your logic here. Does that preclude them from being an earnest weeaboo?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Hey, it's me, mangaka of kawaiikochans

It ain't no joke

PNk1Ml4.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    well you've heard it straight from the senpai's mouth

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

I usually link this article

remember: the thing with Kawaiikochans is that it's a shitty translation

except the original is created by the great web-mangaka S. Morgenstern, so to speak

not to mention stuff like "minnabody" (i.e. "everybody", except "every" is in japanese) or the nyeko puns (nyeko=cat, but I'm a cat) or the times companies with english names are "left untranslated" (e.g. Keibu=CAVE) or all kinds of stuff

also the excessive weeaboonese used in every official communication (e.g. kawaiikochans tweets, the AGDQ 2016 donation they made, the comic commentaries)

hell, if you it to be really explicit you can read this article he has on a japanese anime industry site where he explains the entire thing to japanese people (I think his job is to write about what those crazy foreigner fans are doing?)

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Anyone listening to the premium feed Bombcast this week missed out real bad

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The Will Smith stream was pretty good if you're just looking to watch the East Coast play some great 4 player games (Mount Your Friends, Ultimate Chicken Horse, Gang Beasts, Nidhogg)

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I must have been imagining it but I could have sworn they stepped back from that terminology

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I demand Practical Putties

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

Definitely better than the original promo pic, but I still think the helmets look like cycling helmets and the grey should've been a more eye-catching white in my opinion.

Also seriously why did they keep the metal mouths whyyyy

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I wish we could see the helmet more

I still like the suit more than I gather most people do

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Still looks more Guyver than Power Rangers

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    as a guy who watched like one season of power rangers as a kid and also had a platinum ranger action figure once

those suits are terrible

also, was the platinum ranger's suit red or is my memory just really bad

because I remember it being red for some reason

Best part of that Stephen Tobolowsky My Favorite Album episode

Stephen Tobolowsky is a man in his mid-60s and he's a huge Nine Inch Nails fan

6F32U1X.png
    as a guy who watched like one season of power rangers as a kid and also had a platinum ranger action figure once

those suits are terrible

also, was the platinum ranger's suit red or is my memory just really bad

because I remember it being red for some reason

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    wasn't there like a platinum ranger

who started out being evil, but then turned out to be good

and his suit was red instead of platinum?

I think this was in Wild Force

this was a long time ago, so my memory may be completely off base

In Time Force there is a guy named the Quantum Ranger who fits that description and he is Red, yes

oh

for some reason I could have sworn he was the platinum ranger

everything makes so much more sense now!

oh

There is a Platinum Ranger in Light Speed Rescue who starts evil, but he is Platinum

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

In Time Force there is a guy named the Quantum Ranger who fits that description and he is Red, yes

Meanwhile Wild Force's sixth was the silver Lunar Wolf Ranger and Lightspeed Rescue had the Titanium Ranger who is has the status of the first and single so far American-only ranger

But neither of these two were red at any point.

oh

There is a Platinum Ranger in Light Speed Rescue who starts evil, but he is Platinum

I was pretty sure the only series I watched as a kid was Wild Force, but apparently my only memories of the show come from Light Speed Rescue and Time Force

I take it back, nothing makes sense anymore

Oh!

Also I guess this means the suits are full practical, not CG, thats neat!

For anybody not keeping up on it, Still Buffering is totally My Sister, My Sister and Me now

They added their middlest sister as permanent third host

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.