As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That EyeToy game idea

Abelian75Abelian75 Registered User regular
edited September 2004 in PAX Archive
Did anyone else think that alien-language-translation EyeToy game idea rocked? It seemed to immediately be turned into a party game idea by the panelists, which I can understand, but when it was first described I was envisioning more of a slow-paced, plot-driven thingy.

One thing I liked about the game Arx Fatalis was the way the magic system worked... there were various symbols you could draw on screen that meant certain things, and while you were given some combinations in the manual, you had to figure out a lot of them on your own. Even beyond that, once I knew the symbols, I never had to think about what sequence of symbols was used to cast a certain spell. Rather, when I wanted to bust out a magic missile, I just "said" Create Fire Projectile, or what have you.

Anyway, as that was by far the most interesting part of that game for me, and since I'm kinda a sucker for stories involving intelligent treatments of alien species (especially communication issues), I was, like, SO digging that idea.

Abelian75 on

• Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    i was saddened that I didn't get to pitch my ninja v pirates v robots v cavemen v spacemen v ... idea. though I wonder what the reaction would have been like had I pitched an idea that was similar to someone else's

futility on
  • Options
    KyleGKyleG Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Adventure games sell pretty poorly in this day and age... Though an if that involves the eyetoy might be able to gain fair sales. It could be interesting, but on the other hand, I've never liked adventure games in the first-person. Navigating with the Eye Toy might also be troublesome. Not a bad idea, but it needs some working out.

I wish they'd have picked more than just the front fucking row to pitch though.

KyleG on