As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Sara's affinities strike me as she's bisexual and biromantic, but generally leans heavily toward hetero(flexibly)romantic. She's very much attracted to both men and women, but just tends to date guys.

This is supported in her personality traits that suggest she may find "girly" girls to be too frustrating to deal with romantically, while the machismo that's far more common among men is something with which she's fairly comfortable.

She's not at all opposed to being romantic with a woman, look at Nyssa. But! She just rarely finds women she's romantically interested in. Perhaps she tends not even to look for that, because past experiences have (perhaps incorrectly and unfairly) taught her that "women are too soft" for her.

But more importantly, I love how you could practically hear the ship-gasm after the Supergirl finale.

This seems like a perfectly reasonable interpretation

I wish it was in the show

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I literally pulled all of that just from what I'd seen on screen and exactly nothing else.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I don't think the shows make that point at all

It's a fan interpretation, and that's fine as an interpretation

But for shows that have never before shown an ounce of subtlety, I'm not going to give them credit for it

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    They only show her with women anymore because all the dudes she bangs don't last long enough to be on screen

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man

I want Jaime Reyes in the Arrowverse so bad

He's perfect for it!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Flash
    God I hope we get a 4th wells now. I kinda love how he's playing a different version of himself every season.

rhylith on
  • Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Flash
    God I hope we get a 4th wells now. I kinda love how he's playing a different version of himself every season.
    I was also hoping every Wells would be secretely evil at one point or another in each season. (missed some episodes of season 3, so dunno if HR ever did anything bad.)

• Options
    EvilCake wrote: »
    Flash
    I was also hoping every Wells would be secretely evil at one point or another in each season. (missed some episodes of season 3, so dunno if HR ever did anything bad.)
    Nah he's just a lovable dork.

Unless you count him sending stories across dimensions and getting chased by Gypsy as evil.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Flash

Unless you count him sending stories across dimensions and getting chased by Gypsy as evil.
    They hinted at him being evil early on, with him pressing a device when everyone left the room, but then it turned out to just be him recording their stories so he could capitalize on them in fiction

He's just a goofball

But it seems like Harry will be the Wells for next season

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Flash

They hinted at him being evil early on, with him pressing a device when everyone left the room, but then it turned out to just be him recording their stories so he could capitalize on them in fiction

He's just a goofball

But it seems like Harry will be the Wells for next season
    I demand Crisis on Infinite Wells

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Man

I want Jaime Reyes in the Arrowverse so bad

He's perfect for it!

but we already had the perfect live action blue beetle

https://youtu.be/3yziMSxCQXc

fuck i gotta hop back on that smallville tip

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    This Arrow finale
    They remembered Captain Boomerang!

Lucid Slade is great!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh wow Legends
    We're just going to the Civil War huh

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Okay so I've spent the last week catching up on the last few episodes of all the Arrowverse shows; just watched the Arrow finale to close out the 'verse for the season.

Spoilers for all the shows
    Guys, I don't believe that you just got rid of the main character on The Flash anymore than I believe that you just got rid of everyone but the main character on Arrow. Really now.

Slade! I try to avoid casting stuff so that was a big surprise. And he's not crazy anymore!

Flash: so, are we meant to think that Savitar was playing them the whole time and only went to STAR Labs to explode the Philosopher's Stone? I found myself kind of wanting him to be legit remorseful even if that development would have been a bit too quick.

Also, I can't believe I didn't see the solution to Iris' death coming, but I didn't. And we even saw the tech again in the last episode!

Supergirl: Between the finale title and "stronger together" (not even counting all the other stuff during the season) this show is pretty upfront about its commentary. Which I honestly love.

So the climaxes on this season of the Arrowverse were definitely the story of Returning Guest Stars, huh? Arrow brought back Slade, Nyssa, Malcolm (who's barely appeared on Arrow itself this season), Captain Boomerang and Moira. Not even to mention Samantha, William, and Black Siren. Supergirl brought back Cat and Clark. And Miss Martian. The Flash had Jay and SpeedForceMom. Plus Lyla and Cold and I guess King Shark last week.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Did you watch all of Legends of Tomorow ?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    So just watched Amell do his Celebrity Ninja run. Overall did well, but I was a little disappointed to see that they shortened and made the course a lot easier for the celebs, even after giving them multiple attempts on obstacles. But to his credit he one shot everything, then went and did the salmon ladder (which wasn't changed) for good measure.

Mvrck on
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Did you watch all of Legends of Tomorow ?

I did! I mainly didn't mention that since it ended a couple months ago. I really enjoyed Season 2 and thought it was definitely an improvement over S1. I really have to give the writers props for realizing (even by the end of S1) that
    the Hawks, Savage, and to a lesser extent Rip were kind of a burden on the show. I did enjoy Rip well enough in S2, but he was gone for half the season and then a brainwashed villain for a while. And the finale seemed to indicate that he was being written out completely (though I haven't read any casting stuff).

I really loved the last few episodes of the season in particular. I loved that they took the whole contrivance of Thawne still existing and turned it into his entire storyline, culminating in a whole bunch of Thawne's being destroyed. I love the bit where they drop Malcolm, Darhk, and Cold back at the proper points in the timeline and wipe their memories. Sara knowing that Darhk will eventually kill Laurel but then die himself.

And the last exchange between Mick and Cold (most of which I'd forgotten until looking it up) might be one of my favorite scenes in the series:

Mick: This is where Thawne recruited you for the Legion. I'm gonna wipe your memory and put you on the right path.
    Snart: You mean the path where I join up with some Brit twit and die trying to save the world.
    Mick: No. You die trying to save your friends.
    Snart: Still a death sentence.
    Mick: You know what your punishment is, Leonard? You end up being a better man, and so do I.
    Snart: "Better"? You mean "softer."
    Mick: No. I mean "better." [wipes Snart's memory]

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Arrow finale.
    I am angry that annoying smug bad guy gets to kill himself while still being smug. Smug badguys should only be defeated in a way where they get to see how totally they failed. I god damn hate smug bad guys. Never got to wipe that god damn smile off his face.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Oh man (Arrow spoilers)
    John Barrowman said on Instagram that he's deffo dead on the show and not coming back. Not sure if it'll stick but be said if he's off

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Oh man (Arrow spoilers)
    John Barrowman said on Instagram that he's deffo dead on the show and not coming back. Not sure if it'll stick but be said if he's off
    He is off...............until they want to write him back in a year from now

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Oh man (Arrow spoilers)
    He is off...............until they want to write him back in a year from now
    I wouldn't be surprised if they don't bring him back again. This season was clearly "finishing the chapter" that started with season 1. It feels like they're gonna go in a different direction starting next season

• Options
    Oh man (Arrow spoilers)

On the one hand
    Barrowman seems like he might have a mischievous streak and I could see him bullshitting about this. And during the episode I thought the timing of the explosion was slightly suspect, just enough for a later reveal of how he used his Magician skills to escape.

On the other hand, I'm not really sure where there is left to go with him as a character. Or at least, I don't expect them to go anywhere else. And to be honest, while I like Barrowman I was pretty happy that Arrow was largely free of Merlin this season.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Re: Malcolm
    Habeus
    Corpus

Produce the body or he's not dead

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Arrow finale.
    I am angry that annoying smug bad guy gets to kill himself while still being smug. Smug badguys should only be defeated in a way where they get to see how totally they failed. I god damn hate smug bad guys. Never got to wipe that god damn smile off his face.
    Also that
    he blew up Lian Yu but clearly every single named character will survive, especially the ones anyone remotely cared about.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Arrow finale.
    Also that
    he blew up Lian Yu but clearly every single named character will survive, especially the ones anyone remotely cared about.
    The easy guess would be somehow Slade got them all into his underground prison/bunker.

• Options
    Oh, I have a couple of other things to mention now that Arrow has finished it's season.
    1. What the eff happened to Vigilante? Did he just completely disappear from the last part of the season? Was his only actual purpose to be a red herring for Chase?

2. Am I the only one that feels like the writers kinda...just stopped treating Evelyn like an actual character as soon as she was revealed as a bad guy? Like she hasn't really exhibited any depth beyond "bad guy" and the apparent motivation that we were told (wanting to take Oliver down/get revenge because he's a killer) makes absolutely no sense when you consider who she's working with.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    Oh, I have a couple of other things to mention now that Arrow has finished it's season.
    1. What the eff happened to Vigilante? Did he just completely disappear from the last part of the season? Was his only actual purpose to be a red herring for Chase?

2. Am I the only one that feels like the writers kinda...just stopped treating Evelyn like an actual character as soon as she was revealed as a bad guy? Like she hasn't really exhibited any depth beyond "bad guy" and the apparent motivation that we were told (wanting to take Oliver down/get revenge because he's a killer) makes absolutely no sense when you consider who she's working with.
    chase fuckin' murdered vigilante

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

Wait.
    Did we actually see that?

• Options

Wait.
    Did we actually see that?
    Nope. Chase threw them off a rooftop or something but when he looked there was no body

I'm hoping Vigilante keeps showing up randomly and we never learn who they are

• Options
    I know they never will, but just once I would get a kick out of them revealing a masked character as somebody completely random and bizarre, just because it's totally justified by the universe they live in.

"Who is this masked telekinetic terrorizing Team Flash? It's....Roy? Future Roy from Earth-2? Zoinks!"

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    there should be one where they take off the mask and nobody has any fucking idea who it is

• Options
    edited May 2017
    there should be one where they take off the mask and nobody has any fucking idea who it is

They take the mask off the evil Flash villain of the season and it's a ginger Michael Rosenbaum

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qy4EIvvVj4

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular

They take the mask off the evil Flash villain of the season and it's a ginger Michael Rosenbaum

But have Clancy Brown voicing him up until the unmasking

mkc.png
  • Options
    Mick trying to make Ray the new Snart is great

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Lance Henriksen!

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    This Jonah Hex is absolutely unintelligible

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah I am...not a huge fan of Arrowverse Jonah Hex, which is a big bummer

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    This Jonah Hex is absolutely unintelligible

They really should have been dubbing in his lines

It allows for a grosser facial prosthetic and a more intelligible actor, rather than trying to split the difference