As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    we are literally the only people who know from bullet in the face, @Zonugal

This does not surprise me.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So we're just gonna let Tom Cavanagh do a different take on the character every season?
    I'm okay with that

That's what it's been so far, yeah

Spoilers for season 3
    it looks like Harry might be back for season 4,but I hope they continue the trend of a new Wells each season
    I want an ep where dimensional shenanigans get like 12 wellses in the same room

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So we're just gonna let Tom Cavanagh do a different take on the character every season?
    I'm okay with that

Spoilers for season 3
    it looks like Harry might be back for season 4,but I hope they continue the trend of a new Wells each season
    Season 4
    Harry is sticking around but Cavanaugh has said another Wells will be appearing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I'm okay with that

Spoilers for season 3
    Season 4
    I still want Wells to show up on Riverdale as some shitty Steve Jobs analogue, just as a nod to the rest of the CW stable.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm okay with that

Spoilers for season 3
    Season 4
    I still want Wells to show up on Riverdale as some shitty Steve Jobs analogue, just as a nod to the rest of the CW stable.
    Or on Black Lightning, since they've established that there are many, many Wells.

sig.gif
  • Options
    http://www.cbr.com/the-flash-tv-katee-sackhoff/

Katee Sackhoff has been cast in a recurring role as Blacksmith for this season of Flash

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    The CW says Supergirl (and Alex!) are going to be big parts of all 4 hours of the crossover this season. I look forward to Alex's reactions

I just really hope they get J'onn in on it too

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    IMPORTANT ARROW NEWS (putting in spoilers for those that want to be surprised, although it doesn't give real details)

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That is the one thing that could make me come back to Arrow.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

You didn't like last season?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

I didn't watch the last season. I stopped after 4.

• Options

I didn't watch the last season. I stopped after 4.

I can understand that, but last season was really good. Never hit the highs of 2, but consistently entertaining and had actual character growth

• Options
    From what I've read of it, I think I would still hate it. I really dislike Oliver at this point, and putting him in a leadership position would amplify that, as that is one of my main gripes with him.

I might check it out as background stuff, but I'm more likely to just continue watching all of Smallville instead.

• Options
    From what I've read of it, I think I would still hate it. I really dislike Oliver at this point, and putting him in a leadership position would amplify that, as that is one of my main gripes with him.

I might check it out as background stuff, but I'm more likely to just continue watching all of Smallville instead.

Spoilers
    it puts him in a position of leadership and then tears him down. The entire season is Prometheus telling him (and proving) that Ollie isn't as good a person as he thought.

They rebuild Ollie over the season and it felt earned to me

• Options
    Hello friends

Here is an image from LoT Season 3
    6i56qe3ioi0e.jpg
    That is Julius Caesar at a modern frat toga beach party

This show is SO GOOD

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Hello friends

Here is an image from LoT Season 3
    6i56qe3ioi0e.jpg
    That is Julius Caesar at a modern frat toga beach party

This show is SO GOOD
    Considering the party life of the roman upper crust he shouldn't feel too much out of place.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    The Arrowverse Crossover got revealed, CRISIS ON EARTH X
    wvbw2ygidgyy.jpg
    “With all of the heroes in town to celebrate Barry and Iris’s wedding, villains from Earth-X crash the festivities with a deadly agenda.”
    They're fighting Nazis y'all

The Ray will be played by Russell Torvey, who also will voice him in the animated series

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Cool to see that The Ray will have such a big impact on the live action stuff

• Options
    Full fuckin' comic book

I hope Superman and J'onn show up in it

But
    if we also get Roy, Thea, and Slade costumed up and fighting I'll declare it the best television ever

• Options
    It looks rad, but last year's big crossover was so bad, so I'm not sure about it still

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Well I guess we know which earth this season's Harrison Wells will be from!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Those villains have some good costumes.

edit: Does that evil Flash use the lightning symbol as a SS rune?

honovere on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Oh my god it IS

• Options
    It looks rad, but last year's big crossover was so bad, so I'm not sure about it still
    I think this one will be better if only because it works better across all of the shows
    ALIEN INVASION isn't a good fit for Arrow and Supergirl felt forced because it wasn't even her Earth

NAZI DOPPELGANGERS INVADE FROM ANOTHER WORLD is a pretty adaptable thing, more so than the Dominators. And since it is alternate universe shit already, and there is a Nazi Supergirl, it makes sense for Kara to be in the mix.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I think this one will be better if only because it works better across all of the shows
    ALIEN INVASION isn't a good fit for Arrow and Supergirl felt forced because it wasn't even her Earth

NAZI DOPPELGANGERS INVADE FROM ANOTHER WORLD is a pretty adaptable thing, more so than the Dominators. And since it is alternate universe shit already, and there is a Nazi Supergirl, it makes sense for Kara to be in the mix.

Plus, they said they know they fucked up with Supergirl in the last crossover (because of the network change, they didn't have enough time to make her/her show more important)

They said Supergirl and Alex are going to be big parts of this crossover.

But also, I think the last one absolutely worked for Arrow because of Thea suiting up, with Ollie saying "I thought you were out?" and Thea going "It's aliens. I'm absolutely in for this"

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

Oh my god it IS

Yeah, it's my favorite thing

• Options
    I'm interested in seeing how the crossover starts, since it says it's because of Barry and Iris's wedding but Supergirl and Legends air before Flash

• Options

Plus, they said they know they fucked up with Supergirl in the last crossover (because of the network change, they didn't have enough time to make her/her show more important)

They said Supergirl and Alex are going to be big parts of this crossover.

But also, I think the last one absolutely worked for Arrow because of Thea suiting up, with Ollie saying "I thought you were out?" and Thea going "It's aliens. I'm absolutely in for this"
    I think the Arrow stuff was way better than it could have been, but still felt real weird for the direction of that season

Legends handled it the best, I think

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    If Supergirl's evil counterpart isn't called White Power Girl, then that is the worst missed opportunity.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Die Übermädchen

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular

Die Übermädchen

1177094-final_crisis7_pg17_5.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Amell says the crossover is different this year, as unlike past crossovers where each episode was intended to be "The Arrow episode of the crossover" and so on, each episode is playing with the full available cast and is intended to be one of 4 parts of a single story. He describes it as a movie rather than a series of episodes.

So the Arrow episode isn't going to just focus on Ollie and pals and the Legends will be on the Flash ep and such

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Amell says the crossover is different this year, as unlike past crossovers where each episode was intended to be "The Arrow episode of the crossover" and so on, each episode is playing with the full available cast and is intended to be one of 4 parts of a single story. He describes it as a movie rather than a series of episodes.

So the Arrow episode isn't going to just focus on Ollie and pals and the Legends will be on the Flash ep and such

I love this, except one minor detail
    It's supposed to be going down during/just before the wedding, yes? So, it'd be really awesome of Flash could be last and could end with them actually pulling off the wedding!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    In case I'm not the last one to know, CW Seed has their app on Amazon now, and it's Fire TV/Stick compatible.

I mention this because as a result, I finally watched S2 of Vixen.
    Wasn't bad, the sheer number of cameos was a bit excessive, but I liked the stuff with Mari's sister. Kind of wished they hadn't punked her out like that, but I know she'll be showing up in LoT S3, so it's not all bad. Hopefully with the totem intact.

And I'm not sure if it was intentional, but Canary using her bo staff (with a magical grapple in one end) to swing away at the end with everyone else was very funny.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Amy Jackson is playing Saturn Girl, of the Legion of Superheroes, on this season of Supergirl. It's a recurring role through the season, so presumably they're finally paying off on that Legion flight ring from S1.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Oh good. It seems they learned from last year's crossover, like how the Flash episode had the Legends leave "the newbies" on their ship. You know, the guy with super strength made of unbreakable steel and the woman who was on the Justice Society.

Also, I'm wondering if
    the second evil archer in that pic is Roy. My first thought was Merlyn, but Barrowman said he's not coming back.

Although an alt-Tommy making an appearance would be awesome

• Options
    I'm guessing it's (also) so they can use LoT's ship more often for whatever travel is necessary.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Matt Ryan is returning as Constantine for at least one episode of Legends of Tomorrow

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    "The only thing we haven’t been able to do: We really wanted to do an Abba ‘Waterloo’ in then Napoleonic wars but we could not get the rights for the song.”

God bless this stupid show. Season 3 sounds amazing