As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Best hypothetical LoT crossover?

Mine would be Guy Gardner. Mick and him go to a bar in outer space and get into a fight.

Booster Gold, willingly helping them out with whatever they want, because the Legends make him look good in comparison

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

Mine would be Guy Gardner. Mick and him go to a bar in outer space and get into a fight.

Booster Gold, willingly helping them out with whatever they want, because the Legends make him look good in comparison

"Let me tell you about my wedding gift to Bruce Wayne..."

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

"Let me tell you about my wedding gift to Bruce Wayne..."

"Let me tell you about my son, i think you met him..."

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular

Vigilante and Shining Knight hanging out with Nate and Ray during the Civil War.

Optional inclusion: Demons villain of the week and then introduce Etrigan while we're at it.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Just read the SDCC blurb for the Legends of Tomorrow Panel:
    After defeating Mallus by cuddling him to death with a giant stuffed animal named Beebo, the Legends were ready to ease off the gas. That was until Constantine arrived to inform them that, in solving one major problem, they have created another, much larger one. When the Legends let time crumble in order to release and defeat Mallus, the barrier between worlds softened. History is now infected with “Fugitives,” magical creatures from myths, fairytales, and legends. Having been expelled throughout time by people like Constantine, these Fugitives are now returning to our world in droves and making a real mess of things. So when all hell breaks loose, who ya gonna call? That’s right, the Legends!

It's basically Once Upon a Time in the DC Universe and I AM IN

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Wait. I only half-pay-attention when I watch Arrow. Diaz didn't die?

Anyway, those all seem fun and I'm looking forward to Nora. Any idea who Flash Vader is at the end there?

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »

Anyway, those all seem fun and I'm looking forward to Nora. Any idea who Flash Vader is at the end there?

Diaz spoilers:
    Ollie almost took him in but Black Siren blew him off a ledge into the river. The last montage of the season finale showed Diaz watching the press conference.

I'm actually interested in bringing him back this season.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Gotta say, it's nice to see these SDCC trailers officially on YouTube rather than having to watch them through some crappy half blocked cell phone footage that's 90% drowned out by crowd noise.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Gotta say, it's nice to see these SDCC trailers officially on YouTube rather than having to watch them through some crappy half blocked cell phone footage that's 90% drowned out by crowd noise.
    At the same time, all of these shows just got back to work within the last week or so. So all the TV shows are just re edited footage from the previous season with different music and/or narration.

Like, I want to get hyped up about these things, but there's nothing to really show at this point.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Flash
    That's Cicada. In the comics, he was struck by lightning (probably changed to the particle accelerator for the show) and has lightning bolt shaped daggers that he uses to steal souls to extend his life.

• Options
    The Silencer is going to be on Arrow, which is cool because a) she's a woman of color and 2) her first appearance was January of this year

Hopefully they give her a better costume (JRjr just repeated his Kick Ass design), but her power (she can make zones of silence) should work a lot better on TV than it does in comics. All but guaranteed she has a fight with Black Canary

• Options
    The Silencer is going to be on Arrow, which is cool because a) she's a woman of color and 2) her first appearance was January of this year

Hopefully they give her a better costume (JRjr just repeated his Kick Ass design), but her power (she can make zones of silence) should work a lot better on TV than it does in comics. All but guaranteed she has a fight with Black Canary
    It'll show how Silencer is actually a threat; Canary is going to get her ass kicked by her. Probably.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    If they're gonna start using the New Age of Heroes crew Sideways needs to be on Flash immediately

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    If they're gonna start using the New Age of Heroes crew Sideways needs to be on Flash immediately

They already have someone who can take them to other universes!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Yeah but not the dark Multiverse

And also he would just be a fun addition as a scrappy younger hero since Wally is gone

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Yeah but not the dark Multiverse

And also he would just be a fun addition as a scrappy younger hero since Wally is gone

I really don't want to see the Arrowverse's Dark Multiverse though

• Options
    I just want to see what the Beebo-verse's version of The Authority would be.

sig.gif
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    DC annonced that Batwoman will be played by Ruby Rose.

https://dccomics.com/blog/2018/08/07/breaking-news-ruby-rose-suits-up-as-batwoman

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I just watched the first season of LoT on my summer break. The wild west episode part with Kendra was weird to me. Past-life Kendra warns her that loving anybody but hawkdude leads to heartbreak and tragedy. I was thinking, "Aren't you both habitually murdered(alone or in pairs) every single lifetime? How much worse can these relationships with non-Carter get?"

• Options
    Because if they try and love someone else, they can't protect each other when Savage kills them again. Or maybe she's just warning her just skip the CW love triangle bullshit.

And having thought more about the Ruby Rose casting, I still think it's a stunt, but that's worked almost literally every other time it's happened in the Arrowverse. So sure, I'm down.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    From what we can tell, they can't protect each other when they are together either. Also the Masters Above All(corporate) aren't going to let people skip CW love triangle bullshit.

• Options
    Geddoe wrote: »
    From what we can tell, they can't protect each other when they are together either. Also the Masters Above All(corporate) aren't going to let people skip CW love triangle bullshit.
    That was the joke.

Legends has otherwise been pretty good about that stuff though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Once a month, I read an issue of the current, very good, Hawkman comic and think "man, this would be a great TV show. Why isn't he on TV?" and then remember that he was on the first season of Legends

And then promptly forget he was on Legends.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Once a month, I read an issue of the current, very good, Hawkman comic and think "man, this would be a great TV show. Why isn't he on TV?" and then remember that he was on the first season of Legends

And then promptly forget he was on Legends.

It's for the best....

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    And now Ruby Rose has deleted her twitter account after backlash to the casting.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/batwoman-ruby-rose-backlash-1134200

• Options
    Well, if there's one thing nerds are good for, it's being horrible about casting news.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    And now Ruby Rose has deleted her twitter account after backlash to the casting.

I wish this was because she is at best a below average actress but I am sure it really, really wasn't.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

I wish this was because she is at best a below average actress but I am sure it really, really wasn't.

You wish she was bullied off social media because she's a below average actress?

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options

You wish she was bullied off social media because she's a below average actress?

That came out more pro bullying than I intended...I apologize I just mean I know for a fact that those people aren't complaining about the casting for any reason other than her sexuality.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    This lesbian isn't lesbian enough!

• Options

That came out more pro bullying than I intended...I apologize I just mean I know for a fact that those people aren't complaining about the casting for any reason other than her sexuality.

From what little I've read, in some cases it's also because she's not Jewish like the character she's playing.
    Other cases because she's not lesbian enough.
    Also, the whole mediocre actor thing.

Basically, people are terrible for all imaginable reasons, and being able to be terrible anonymously doesn't help things a bit.

• Options
    How is someone not lesbian enough?

Wait, nevermind. Don't care about dumb people being dumb.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Twitter was a mistake.

• Options
    On the positive side, Bustle sat down with some of the members of Shethority for an interview about pushing for inclusion in the industry and fandom.
    Richardson-Sellers: You don't just want characters who are queer and all they talk about is being queer, you want characters who are queer and that's only one facet of their identity. They're also powerful, happy, and human. I think that's the next step, moving beyond just tolerance and moving towards acceptance and love.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The episode 8 title of Legends got revealed and it is incredible
    Legends of To-meow-meow

Really looking forward to this one

• Options
    I'm watching Flash and oh man Nora is wonderful

She adds a fun dynamic with Barry being hilariously awkward and Iris being all-in and totally adoring her

• Options
    I'm watching Flash and oh man Nora is wonderful

She adds a fun dynamic with Barry being hilariously awkward and Iris being all-in and totally adoring her
    It was nice to see they only stuck with the "No future talk" thing for half the episode.
    Sooner they get done with the dark secret bit, the sooner they can go have ice cream.

• Options
    Also Nora uses Schway as future slang, which I think comes from Batman Beyond?

Hope she starts saying crash like in Young Justice too (though that had its origins in the Reach invasion, so maybe not)

• Options
    Flash
    That scene of Barry giving the same speech as Wells-Thawne was really well done