Options

Stellaris Thread

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Oh shit, I could've crossed between arms long ago but I didn't upgrade the warp drive on my science ships

Warp II was apparently enough to cross between arms from my current position

Platy on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    The most important thing I learned the hard way is that the different weapon types and ship sizes counter each other, so don't let the computer design your ships (annoyingly it will load you up all on the one weapon and defense type you have the most researched Paradox pls) and don't be like yes I finally unlocked battleships, time to blot out the sun with my mountains of steel (you will torn to shreds by corvettes you can't hit).

I have some carriers built which I would expect to be good at blasting smaller ships

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Does anyone else read the confirmation button whenever a person gains a skill as super passive aggressive?

Good for her.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Does anyone else read the confirmation button whenever a person gains a skill as super passive aggressive?

Good for her.

Mine are normally getting substance abuser or paranoid, so I see it as kind of questioning the concept of justice in the galaxy 'Good for her??'

• Options
    edited May 2016
    neutrals.jpg~original

My colonial sector and protectorate in the other arm:
    primacy.jpg~original

My protectorate species are adaptive xenophiles with an ocean preference, so I expect them to be highly useful

It looks like I might even be able to jump to the outermost arm

Platy on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I have officially made an enemy

I have entered into an alliance with my neighbors on either side of him, and am friendly with the neighbor behind me, and I'm expanding pretty fast into an outer arm of the galaxy

But these fuckin' mushrooms not only conquered this other piece of shit civilization that was next to me, encroaching on my borders, but they basically overthrew themselves to stop being pacifists

The game never notified me of this (which it should, Paradox plz) but all of a sudden when I checked the map, their name was different. And when I checked their details, one of their core government traits had changed

These motherfuckers are going to be a problem and I don't even know what kind of FTL they have. All my minerals are going into building one big ol' fleet purely to defend myself, and I worry if a make an aggressive, offensive move, that'll upset the other members of my alliance who are largely pacifists (so many pacifists in my neighborhood)

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Reaper spills into the control point with the same tenacity that he spills into his trench, both taxed to contain him.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Reaper spills into the control point with the same tenacity that he spills into his trench, both taxed to contain him.

wrooooong thread

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Damn my sick joke

What I get for phone posting

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    you might want to add "coat" to "trench" also, I don't think reaper has a trench

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I've got this giant core world full of buildings and no one wants to live there just because it's a little less habitable

Everyone's migrating away

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I've got this giant core world full of buildings and no one wants to live there just because it's a little less habitable

Everyone's migrating away

Got a 24 tile core Gaia world full of top tier physics lab

Mad research, yo

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I don't understand migration. It never seems to happen to my colonies, unless I pass the increased migration edict, then WAY TOO MANY people immigrate and begin to starve.

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Decided to give this a go.

One thing I'm having trouble with is tracking ships.

I had a pirate fleet appear and it was 'heading towards star system x', but I had no idea where from or where it was.

Then it appeared in my home system and killed a science ship. After that it warped to my second system and I only knew where it went by chance.

I'm assuming there is something somewhere that makes this easier but i'm not finding it.

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    I don't understand migration. It never seems to happen to my colonies, unless I pass the increased migration edict, then WAY TOO MANY people immigrate and begin to starve.

It doesn't seem to really happen between my tropical or gaia worlds

It's mostly just a drain away from planets who are currently at 70% habitability

I guess it must depend on happiness?

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Here's a tip: Make sure your fleet isn't on the other end of your territory when you declare war. I agreed to an ally's war proposal and ended up losing the spaceport above my capital planet before my fleet could arrive. :sad:

• Options
    this empire below me apparently had better tech, but I had more ships so I conquered them and turned them into a vassel state. then another wimpy I didn't even know was there faction apparently wanted to take advantage of their now destroyed fleet and declared war on them, which means also declaring war on me so this is like a two for one deal

also I tried terraforming a planet and it turned the local beasts into mutant horrors who proceeded to wipe out my colony before I could reinforce it. oops.

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    My galaxy got invaded by some extra-galactic eye-creatures. Thank christ they're on the complete other side of it from my empire.
    The AI is bugged and won't attack them, so, uh, good luck.

Just lost my game because of this

I have two vassal states with huge fleets, but they're doing nothing while my core worlds are getting wrecked by an unstoppable swarm of monsters

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Artereis wrote: »
    All I want is a list of currently habitable planets in the systems I control.

In the galaxy map view there's a checkbox down in the lower right part of the screen that turns on detail mode, which will put up all the icons for planets and resources all the time instead of having you need to select each system to see that.

you can also hold ALT down!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    god, I love my green snake bird empire

I had them favor ocean worlds, and I imagined they evolved from an avian species that would chase prey into kelp beds - where the rest of the pack lay in ambush

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Is it possible to get a higher planet limit

I found out you can trade migratiom access for civilian acess easily so I got into the unhiabited arm

Ive got a bad war policy due to trying to join the cool alien alliance but they still think im wack

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    it's going to take 100 years to integrate this civilization. I think I have a problem with how much work it is to conquer things later on, because you don't take over planets you occupy them and at most you can get 3 systems from an enemy. except this time I specifically set it up that they were supposed to secede systems to me yet I ended up with 2 worthless protectorates?

• Options
    Protectorates increase your influence, I'm actually influence-capped right now
    Is it possible to get a higher planet limit

I found out you can trade migratiom access for civilian acess easily so I got into the unhiabited arm

Ive got a bad war policy due to trying to join the cool alien alliance but they still think im wack

Some government forms increase your core-planet limit, Theocratic Republic by +2 for example

There are also technologies which increase it, maybe other things too? Seems like you want the juiciest planets as core planets, there are some hardcore planet modifiers out there

• Options
    yeah I have zero need for more influence, I get tons already due to my government and hating everyone. I want systems to I can keep moving towards dominion victory, once I absorb these two vassal states and conquer the final southern empire I should own about half the galaxy.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It would be nice if the AI weren't so bad that getting to micromanage your planet is considered a privilege.

Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    I'm glad it's the way it is because the micromanagement in other 4x games kills me

• Options
    okay, they need to change some stuff with colony ships

because I got confused and accidentally sent colonists to a planet meant for another species

it was not fun

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm kind of enjoying the strategic dance going on in my game right now. I'm a xenophilic, indivualist republic on the westernmost edge of the galaxy and expanding north and south along the rim, with my immediate neighbor to the east being a fanatic collectivist evangelizing zealot dictatorship. He doesn't like me much and has me mostly but not entirely hemmed in.

Our mutual relations are at about negative four billion, but we're almost precisely equal in power so the AI's not willing to take the first swing at me, and I'm equally hesitant. We're both stretched along one axis, so if anything goes wrong with the initial engagement about three quarters of the loser's worlds are going to immediately find themselves on the front line.

So instead we're each expanding north and south (the only open directions for each of us) and shuffling around trying to secure allies so each of us can jump the other, or at least make sure the other really isn't interested in trying that.

Hooray for cold wars in spa(aaaa)ace!

• Options
    Oh if you ask for military access/anything then hover over the -1000 it actually tells you want they want to accept the deal

Thats uh very nice

These pacifist will let me fly through their territory!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    nice the AI's to my north made a federation and despite our policy differences invited me into it

PACIFIST BLOC

I STILL MIGHT GO TO WAR SORRY YALL

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    In my game there's this huge alliance forming on the other side of the galaxy

I wonder if they'll actually do something interesting

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    What do hyperdrive upgrades do? The other FTL types obviously get increased range, but that wouldn't really work for this one. I would guess quicker charge and faster movement, but the wiki is no help.

• Options
    I had a big alliance that I didn't realize existed and had a little trouble when I attacked one on the south side of the galaxy and oh hey now our allies on the far north are coming into your territory where you have no ships

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Damn game just started me in a system with no resources.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Damn game just started me in a system with no resources.

Have you surveyed it yet?

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    The Dominion spreads order throughout the galaxy. I was lucky enough to find primitive space-age hoomans right next door. So of course I've enslaved them. I also conquered the northern Jhoolians, enslaving their capital and leaving the rest of their realm as a rump vassal state. And I also uplifted a group of insects with an aptitude for social science, the Pithoks. I've made their homeworld my biggest science center. On the otherhand I genocided a stone-age race cause they had bad traits and incompatible ideologies, as well as being on a really great ocean planet. (My home type.)
    0465DDA32B0FB46E2377DFFA39CE23397E656222
    Traits are:
    +120 year leader life span (this is amazingly good)
    -Sedentary
    -Repugnant

Government:
    Military Dictatorship: (Collectivist, Militant, Xenophobe)

It's like pokemon, I've got to collect all the alien races.

(Militant starts seem so much easier and better than peaceful starts. You jumpstart so quickly and you get a better handle on combat when the combat scenarios are smaller. Plus you get oodles of influence from rivals and no drain from useless allies.)

Gundi on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Ayup. My home system has no extra resources. My influence bubble has only 2 other systems in it. One with 3 mineral. One with 2 energy and some research.

I was going to just restart, but nah, my space cows will overcome this.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Ayup. My home system has no extra resources. My influence bubble has only 2 other systems in it. One with 3 mineral. One with 2 energy and some research.

I'm sure you'll find greener pastures soon enough.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

mods please ban this sick filth

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

mods please ban this sick filth

would if I cud

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682