Stellaris Thread

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    someone please create stellaris mods to ban this sick filth

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    ok wormhole tech is DOPE AS HECK

hyperdrive is still pretty cool and I was going to write warp off but unlimited access is pretty nice

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    warp is the most straightforward and the fastest to explore early on

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Wormhole is theoretically the best but is most vulnerable during war and can occasionally be really awkward for coverage. Hyperdrive is still fast but weird hyperlane configurations can sometimes make travel way slower than it'd be with the other travel types. Warp is versatile but will never reach the theoretical speeds of the other two.

• Options
    I gotta go fast

I throughly enjoy the differences between em

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Avian 3 (I think it was 3) has some pretty cool names. The name it gave me for my first battleship class is Delightful Slaughter. That's a class name I can get behind.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    okay, they need to change some stuff with colony ships

because I got confused and accidentally sent colonists to a planet meant for another species

it was not fun

If you go to the target planet, and click the colonize button, it lets you pick from your built colony ships, showing the species on each one. Otherwise, yeah, there's no way to know.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The alliance of three on the arm directly next to mine has become a federation of five. They all like me or are neutral but it's a slight concern.

My main problem right now is that my sector governor is a complete moron. All the planets within it combine to produce a surplus of everything, but he keeps moving the populations around and dipping things into energy negative, which gives my whole empire the -10% from a poorly managed sector existing. I don't know what to do with it.

• Options
    Can't you just pump energy credits into it? You should be rolling in energy credits.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Gundi wrote: »
    Can't you just pump energy credits into it? You should be rolling in energy credits.

It's not them losing energy that's the problem, they have a bunch of energy and yeah I can give them more if they need. The problem is having a sector producing a negative amount of energy gives my entire empire -10% energy and production, from the "ineffecient planet management" effect.

At least, I think that's where that comes from. It's the only thing I can think of. It goes away when I get the energy creation back into the positives again.

Aistan on
  • Options
    No, that's from having too many core worlds. Colonies count even though they don't tell you that.

• Options
    But i've never gone over that. Even building colonies I put them into a sector before they finish.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Ayup. My home system has no extra resources. My influence bubble has only 2 other systems in it. One with 3 mineral. One with 2 energy and some research.

I was going to just restart, but nah, my space cows will overcome this.

I'm sure you'll find greener pastures soon enough.

mods please ban this sick filth

Don't have a space cow, man.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    oh hey, planet invasions are bugged

I can't bomb fortifications after an enemy takes my planet
    which makes taking them back farking ridiculous

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Sorry for the double post

but I want to arrange a huge-ass multi game this year, and I might start putting up a sign-up calender

I figure one of TWO things would happen to make this work
    either a bunch of folk can arrange 2-3 days to binge a multi game (which is probably unlikely)
    OR we can parse this out in sessions over a month or two

the reason why I'm mentioning this now is to see if anyone wants to add any input

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Is there a better way to access my spaceports than clicking into systems until I find one with a port?

Try clicking on one of the systems in the sidebar, navigating to the spaceport tab, and then clicking through the other systems in your sidebar. The planet report stays on the tab you select, so you can quickly scan through all your core worlds.

The information is also available in the rightmost column of the planets tab of your empire report. I think F3 pulls it up.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hello friends,

Now that I am home and I do not have to play this game on my old laptop, I will now install this game and play it in high definition.

So who should I play as:
    - Violent psychopathic mushrooms
    - Violent psychopathic platypuses
    - Pacifistic giant spiders
    - Pacifistic hydra monstrosities

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I don't want to be in a universe where Violent psychopathic platypuses is not the right answer.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    I'm probably gonna try my hand at painfully cheery mushroom people

hugs not lasers

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just noticed that I have not gotten a single steam achievement for this game yet. Odd.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I think you have to be playing in ironman mode.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    That would explain it then. Not that I mind.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular

but I want to arrange a huge-ass multi game this year, and I might start putting up a sign-up calender

either a bunch of folk can arrange 2-3 days to binge a multi game (which is probably unlikely)

the reason why I'm mentioning this now is to see if anyone wants to add any input

boyfriend and I managed to do a game together in about 9ish hours, but it was on a tiny map and just the two of us.

I imagine a larger one could be done over 30 or so hours time, in a handful of sessions.

• Options
    Okay, Ironman + Huge galaxy results in the game chugging every time it does a big autosave

not gonna do that again

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular

The latter is more likely to work. I would definitely love to try this in mp.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I probably should have just rolled Iron Man since I'm not bothering to go back to old saves or do much saving period except when I stop playing

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    What the shit

The AI just pulled five destroyers out of their assholes and I lost my big invasion

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    HEY

Why the HECK do the Rontar Forerunners not try to drive off anyone BUT me from their holy worlds? Is it something about my face? I think there's probably a bug here.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Is there any way to improve relations diplomatically after the embassy?

At this point my embassy with this other empire is maxed out, I'm way short of being able to ally, and I seem to be at a loss to do anything else

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    So I've been watching quill play this here thing

The urge to whip out my wallet immediately must be fought for another few weeks; hopefully there is a patch or two in the interim.

Still, I watch this in action and hnnnnng it is a lot of the things I want right now

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Is there any way to improve relations diplomatically after the embassy?

At this point my embassy with this other empire is maxed out, I'm way short of being able to ally, and I seem to be at a loss to do anything else

I think research agreements, non-aggression pacts, and guarantees of independence increase acceptance. There are situations where some or all of those will never be accepted, though.

• Options
    Yeah they won't accept any of those due to a combination of their empire type and current opinion

• Options
    I spent several decades trying to get a neighbour to like me enough to invite me into their alliance, but I could never get those last 10-15 points. I ended up forming my own alliance with someone else. With hookers and blackjack.

Oh, and having the same rivals will increase acceptance.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular

The latter is more likely to work. I would definitely love to try this in mp.
    I'd be down to at least throw up my availability into a spreadsheet and see what pops out

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So theoretically, if I happen to find a really great planet that already has a pre-FTL civilization on it

If the rest of the intergalactic community hadn't discovered them yet, would they notice if I say... killed them all and took their planet?

Heh, this is usually my strat in Civ V, no matter what my ultimate victory goal is.
    Nobody can hate your warmongering if they never knew there were any wars.
    They just discovered a continent that happened to be settled entirely by one nation.
    No, pay no attention to these cities with names completely unlike the others.
    That's just... linguistic drift. Yes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Here's how my despotic hegemony of mulloscoids is doing:
    3D82EFD900FF2F911015B32DE66B85016EC386D9
    I've already wiped out the civilization that had been where my uppermost area of my control is now. Unfortunately it seems they had already researched something before me so I've got an uncompleatable quest in my log :sad:

• Options
    I am totes down to mp it up

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Gama aliens (an empire that I haven't researched contact with yet) are super close to my start. My science ship flew into their system unawares. They seemed fine with it passing through but then went agro on it out of nowhere and chased it all the way back to my home world, finally killing it on my doorstep.

I have now taken over their homeworld and subjugated their species. I was totally going to be peaceful with them at the start but not after the science ship loss.

• Options
    I wouldn't mind giving multiplayer a shot. I've got the time for it after all.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the most god damn irritating thing in this game is trying to analyze some debris and have the enemy sending one ship at a time to make your science ships retreat so you have to hunt down all their stupid space stations