As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] New Adventure in Karazahn coming up?

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    It may be time for a break. This is the worst format since undertaker hunter

While I don't agree that the meta is super bad, I do agree that a break can refresh interest in a game. You can always come back to the next adventure and see how that shakes things up.

• Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    i played a c'thun onto a warrior's already-full board of patrons, an undamaged bloodhoof brave, and an armorsmith

and the game crashed for us both

uhh oops?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Ok, this is officially the worst Brawl ever: Using golden cards for your deck still gives you non-golden copies in it.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »

While I don't agree that the meta is super bad, I do agree that a break can refresh interest in a game. You can always come back to the next adventure and see how that shakes things up.

Roz's favourite class was/is druid, so this meta is super bad for Roz. :bro:

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Is anyone playing wild? If so how is it?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    So I switched over to N'Zoth Paladin to hopefully break out of this rank 10-12 funk I've been in. Finally after what felt like an eternity of winning and losing, i finally...FINALLY hit a winning streak pushing me to rank 11. On a roll, I get matched up against an aggro Shaman...
    Pardon me while I remove this knife from my back! I don't know what hurts more, losing the streak or being betrayed by my PA brother! Your cold Goat, real cold. :P

I don't think it's right to talk about this without mentioning that it was a pretty crazy game, too! I didn't cheese you out super early, we got like over halfway through our decks before I blasted you, and actually relied pretty heavily on pressuring you with recruits. Though you never drew Tirion, Forbidden Healing or Rags, so yeah :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Marty81 wrote: »

No and I heard it's full of secrets pally.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Ok, this is officially the worst Brawl ever: Using golden cards for your deck still gives you non-golden copies in it.

You actually get a single golden copy, but the rest aren't technically from your collection so they're regular.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Hahaha

Murloc tinyfin + everyfin is awesome shaman

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

I tried it a bit. It was literally 90%+ Secrets Paladins running Eater of Secrets. Not my cup of tea.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Wild is dark and full of terrors.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »

I tried it a bit. It was literally 90%+ Secrets Paladins running Eater of Secrets. Not my cup of tea.

At least for me Wild has no purpose. When I want to tryhard, I play Standard. When I want to tryhard with a different spin on things/meta, I play Arena. When I want to fudge around with funny decks, I play Casual. I guess Wild casual could be ok sometimes, but there's only so much hours in a day.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    shamans are just. . .ugh.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just checked the comphs reddit for a wild thread. There was a N'Zoth Patron thread with stats from EU.

He played:
    78 Paladins (Aggro, Secrets, and N'Zoth)
    35 Warriors (even split of Patron/Control)
    34 Mages (Freeze and varying speeds of Tempo)
    26 Warlocks (even split of Zoo/Reno)
    24 Shaman (mostly Aggro)
    20 Priests (mostly classic Control)
    11 Hunters (Face, Midrange, and N'Zoth)
    5 Druids (4 C'Thun, 1 Ramp)
    4 Rogues (Miracle)

So Paladin is a third of the decks, Mage and Warrior another third, then the rest make up the last third with Hunter/Druid/Rogue practically nonexistent.

• Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I have played a few games pf Wild Nzoth Paladin and had some fun. Sludge Belchers are really good in Nzoth Pally :)

Played against equal parts secrets paladins and random strangeness

djFindus on
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    So for anyone still looking for a deck I've had some success (6-2, one loss due to stupid play by me) with something called Zoo Shaman: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/509145-wotog-top-50-legend-zoo-shaman-guide

It's basically an amalgam of death, famine and pestilence

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

I just want to reiterate that the changes to Lore and Keeper of the Grove were BS considering what was coming in Whispers. They kicked a hole in Druid and then gave several other classes (looking at Hunter and Shaman in particular) a bunch of cool new toys.

I treated it as a reason to start playing Warrior!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Hellfire + Fist of Jaraxxus is pretty silly. With the Coin and a tiny bit of luck, you can hit a dude for 16 damage on turn 1.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I got the win 5 brawls quest and did really well with Selfless Hero and Blessing of Might. Spamming the board with 1/1 and 2/1 shields + potential for real damage with Might. Too quick and strong for most.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

I just won three games as miracle without actually including Gadgetstan in my deck.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »

I just want to reiterate that the changes to Lore and Keeper of the Grove were BS considering what was coming in Whispers. They kicked a hole in Druid and then gave several other classes (looking at Hunter and Shaman in particular) a bunch of cool new toys.

I treated it as a reason to start playing Warrior!

part of my frustration with the game is that it is so blatantly obvious to anyone whose played druid for 10 minutes how much weaker they are compared to their midrange counter parts. Blizzard did not test those changes, and that stings the most. Because those changes were emotional with malice against the class. It is especially galling in light of the cards that went unchanged in warlock and warrior.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Blizzard tests their changes. The problem is that no one at Blizzard is actually very good at the game, so what those changes look like in a competitive environment doesn't actually get tested.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Blizzard tests their changes. The problem is that no one at Blizzard is actually very good at the game, so what those changes look like in a competitive environment doesn't actually get tested.

To be fair the number of top tier meta-shapers in the game is a vanishingly small percentage of the playerbase

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I think it's way simpler, they don't want druid to be rampant (heh) this 'patch' because it has always been gross and they don't want basic cards to be so good that nothing they ever print can even threaten their spot in a deck

ie in 5 years, the year of the salamander or whatever, they don't want every druid deck to start with 2 keepers and 2 lores

now... I agree there are way better ways to do this. and also they didn't do it as much to other classes. personally I hope each year they reconsider nerfing the base set or straight up altering cards (kibler has had some really good points on this, ie how much fun is it gonna be when every new 'year' is simply a new approach on gadgetzan miracle rogue?)

but I don't think attributing a bad choice to malice is correct

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    For the Brawl, if your opponent is using minions, Webspinner + Hunter's Mark works well.

• Options
    Isn't that the whole point of basic cards, to define the character of the class and maintain that over card additions? Every Mage deck includes Frostbolt and Fireball, every Warrior deck has FWA and Execute. It's the framework that you build within and that makes your deck not a pile of value neutrals.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular

I play it for Quests and to add to my ranked wins total when not in Tryhard (Standard) Mode. Currently playing an N'Zoth Priest which has been really strong for me. Helps to have Lightbomb, Deathlord, Velen's Chosen and Shredders available again for that maximum N'Zoth value. I'll post the list if anyone is interested.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I think it's way simpler, they don't want druid to be rampant (heh) this 'patch' because it has always been gross and they don't want basic cards to be so good that nothing they ever print can even threaten their spot in a deck

ie in 5 years, the year of the salamander or whatever, they don't want every druid deck to start with 2 keepers and 2 lores

now... I agree there are way better ways to do this. and also they didn't do it as much to other classes. personally I hope each year they reconsider nerfing the base set or straight up altering cards (kibler has had some really good points on this, ie how much fun is it gonna be when every new 'year' is simply a new approach on gadgetzan miracle rogue?)

It'd bother me a lot less if Lore now cost 6 or they'd given Druid anything cheap and good for the early game in WoG. They didn't.

Evidence of a plan would make it a lot less malicious-looking.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Hellfire + Fist of Jaraxxus is pretty silly. With the Coin and a tiny bit of luck, you can hit a dude for 16 damage on turn 1.

Do you mean soulfire?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Oh, and my opponent probably wasn't playing it right, but my Mana Wyrm + Arcane Missles beat his Innervate + Coldlight.

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    What a great day to get the Win 5 Tavern Brawls quest.

I wanted to keep playing Wild as a way to change things up, but just seeing cards like Piloted Shredder, Shielded Minibot, and Haunted Creeper makes me switch right back to standard. There are cards I miss (Light Bomb), but those other ones I'd be fine never seeing again.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

It's like... okay, so should we look forward to when they break Frostbolt and Fireball then? Truesilver and Consecrate? Fiery War Axe and Execute?

You'll note that those are all tools rather than minions, because druid does not have any such tools and instead relies on bodies. Rather than print tools, they print Wisps of the Old Gods. On top of this, there's a versatility tax (arbitrarily imposed) on druid cards, so they get to be less effective at any given role compared to a card dedicated to that purpose. Is there a cheap 1/3 minion that gains power every time you play a Choose One minion? No, but there's a 4 mana legendary that lets you choose both! Hopefully you haven't been blown out by your opponent's 4 mana 7/7 by the time you get to combo him with anything.

This is also a scenario entirely of Blizzard's own creation due to their refusal to make incremental tweaks on the regular. 24 months of people saying 'Hey, you should look at ForceRoar' shouldn't have ever been a thing. It's annoying that they say 'We like being digital because it means we can take advantage of elements print CCGs cannot, like obnoxious random garbage' and then when asked why they don't make balance changes print CCGs wouldn't be able to easily implement, they give answers like 'we want people who've taken a break from the game to be able to come back and still have a familiar core'.

Their inconsistency makes it impossible to evaluate their decisions. When asked why Druid of the Claw doesn't say 'transform' like all the other druid beasts, Ben Brode makes a rambling 7 minute video. Just add the one word in dude.

Anyway, it is what it is. I'm salty as fuck but what am I gonna do.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I seriously don't get all the druid salt in this thread. Druid isn't worse off than the other classes that aren't Shaman, Warlock and to a slightly lesser extent Rogue, Pally and Warrior. They have a deck (ramp druid with heavy taunts) that is ok for laddering with both good and bad matchups. Hell, it's touted as the only deck with a positive matchup against shaman in some places. Hunter has basically nothing. Priest is probably comparable to Druid (edit: as is Mage). As long as HS existed, there's always been classes that were on the bottom tiers. It's just that this is the first time that Druid isn't at the top so expectations of "Druid players"* are so high that they can't deal with being only better than one other class.

* I also think it's weird to have a favourite class at all, but I get that it's a personal thing. Like, if one class doesn't perform well (for me), I just play something else.

Grobian on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    you won't find me arguing that they shouldn't have changed more or that they're particularly consistent in their approach. I'm just trying to find reasons that make more sense to me than the idea that they dislike the class or people who play druid.

edit - not trying to put words in anyone's mouth but idk how else to read "malicious"

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    You're just noticing the Druid salt because it's new. Rest assured that I have put in my time complaining about just about every class, but in particular priest prior to TGT.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Man this brawl. Apparently my combo of Innervate and Y'Shaarj is pretty unstoppable. Nothing quite like having 2 10/10 beasts at the start of turn 2. I have yet to lose with it, but since I finished my brawl quest will probably not play it ever again.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    So I switched over to N'Zoth Paladin to hopefully break out of this rank 10-12 funk I've been in. Finally after what felt like an eternity of winning and losing, i finally...FINALLY hit a winning streak pushing me to rank 11. On a roll, I get matched up against an aggro Shaman...

2tdcalsbbydp.png
    Pardon me while I remove this knife from my back! I don't know what hurts more, losing the streak or being betrayed by my PA brother! Your cold Goat, real cold. :P

LOL. Goat takes no prisoners!

Dick move, @The Escape Goat

Dick move...

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Last night i realized i was about 10 packs away from a pity legendary so i kept my brawl packs unopened and bought another 15 old gods. I assume this does work cause i got a hogger, then immediatley opened my basic packs, went back and finished old gods. I assume this is a good way to select which expansion you get pity legendaries from unless it goes by pack type.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Last night i realized i was about 10 packs away from a pity legendary so i kept my brawl packs unopened and bought another 15 old gods. I assume this does work cause i got a hogger, then immediatley opened my basic packs, went back and finished old gods. I assume this is a good way to select which expansion you get pity legendaries from unless it goes by pack type.

It goes by pack type

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

I don't know if it's ever officially been confirmed, but I read on reddit that it goes by pack type. So each pack type has its own pity timer.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
This discussion has been closed.