As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] New Adventure in Karazahn coming up?

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I have 436 ladder wins with Paladin, I really need to buckle down and hit 500 but I keep finding decks that are much more interesting. Tempo warrior has really started to click for me, I've gotten some decisive wins. I looked at my stats and I've got a 64% win rate with the deck over the last 24 hours.

It's kinda hard to pivot back to paladin as a result. I like N'Zoth paladin but I don't love it and I've been having very little success with the aggro lists I've tried.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    I have 436 ladder wins with Paladin, I really need to buckle down and hit 500 but I keep finding decks that are much more interesting. Tempo warrior has really started to click for me, I've gotten some decisive wins. I looked at my stats and I've got a 64% win rate with the deck over the last 24 hours.

It's kinda hard to pivot back to paladin as a result. I like N'Zoth paladin but I don't love it and I've been having very little success with the aggro lists I've tried.

I'm in sort of the same place. Decided to grind out my last 100 in wild on good ole secrets pally with a dose of aggro pally for when I get too bored. N'zoth Paladin just takes too much got damn time and Entomb is pretty much an auto-loss...

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    The new brawl gives minions played from hand stealth until their next turn. This does not apply to minions created from, e.g., Hogger and Mirror Image. Not sure about tokens from hero powers, but I'm guessing they do not get stealth. edit: The brawl is Wild format.

Tempo mage with stealthed Antonidas won on my first attempt. Got a pretty nice pack out of it too!

i1ous41jm3dm.jpg

Marty81 on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Fell back to rank 2 after a few unlucky losses. A Priest at 8 health who topdecked Shadow Word: Death to kill my Sea Giant, a mill Rogue that had double Doomsayers in his opening hand, and Hunter who got Doomsayer, Carrion Grub, Houndmaster in opening hand. Sometimes you're good, other times you're lucky.

I beat a Dragon Warrior in an intense game to get back to 2/4 stars. Gotta keep the grind going...

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    great, first deck i played against in the tavern brawl is boring freeze mage

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Basically the same Midrange Shaman deck I've been playing (with a pair of Forked Lightning in place of the Toads) got me the 2 brawl wins I needed to finish off my quest. First one was won by a pair of FF on T9 followed by a T10 Bloodlust that did something like 29dmg.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Decided to play somethin' different today. C'Thun Rogue!

CjUqsV_UoAAmWVg.jpg:large

YO, BRANN+20 ATTACK C'THUN IS PRETTY HYPE THO. THE DREAM IS REAL.

I used a Blade of C'Thun on his 10/4 Grommash (used it to kill off my Tomb Pillager) and immediately Shadowstepped it. Which was great for me cause he was too afraid to run out any large threats after that, so it was just a matter of time to get the necessary pieces to kill him.

Also Huckster pulled me an Ancient Shieldbearer too. I had the opportunity to gain 20 life but I was like nah, we gotta save Brann for C'Thun. And lo and behold I drew Thaurissan next turn.

So C'Thun Rogue is PRETTY SICK. I like it a lot. It feels like everything N'Zoth Rogue wants to be? If that makes any sense? I have yet to run into any aggro decks but I've been demolishing slower control decks. Woooow.

Decklist:
    dzM1gDm.png
    I am lacking VanCleef, though I could dust my Golden Ragnaros to craft him, I guess. Using an Earthen Ring Farseer in the meantime.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    mill rogue is decent in this brawl i think
    emperor is pretty OP

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Note that the brawl stealth is special, flare doesn't end it and neither does flamewakers ability.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I went with an aggressive shaman list with whirling zap o matic and windfury cards. Mage decided to be cute and not clear board for me. I had two 3/x minions up so plop down abusive on one, windfury on it, went face, then finished it off with a lighting bolt x2.

My opponent was a mage. I am not surprised if we'll see a lot of mages and perhaps rogues in this one.

Only got me a dust pack. *shrug*

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Neaden wrote: »
    Note that the brawl stealth is special, flare doesn't end it and neither does flamewakers ability.

Interesting. I assume you mean Flamewaker shooting doesn't end it? So I guess neither would Imp Master or Ragnaros.

• Options
    hippofant wrote: »

Interesting. I assume you mean Flamewaker shooting doesn't end it? So I guess neither would Imp Master or Ragnaros.

Pretty sure the Flamewaker change was a universal change a little while ago. That's not specific to the brawl.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

I used a Blade of C'Thun on his 10/4 Grommash (used it to kill off my Tomb Pillager) and immediately Shadowstepped it. Which was great for me cause he was too afraid to run out any large threats after that, so it was just a matter of time to get the necessary pieces to kill him.

Also Huckster pulled me an Ancient Shieldbearer too. I had the opportunity to gain 20 life but I was like nah, we gotta save Brann for C'Thun. And lo and behold I drew Thaurissan next turn.

So C'Thun Rogue is PRETTY SICK. I like it a lot. It feels like everything N'Zoth Rogue wants to be? If that makes any sense? I have yet to run into any aggro decks but I've been demolishing slower control decks. Woooow.

Decklist:
    dzM1gDm.png
    I am lacking VanCleef, though I could dust my Golden Ragnaros to craft him, I guess. Using an Earthen Ring Farseer in the meantime.

You never dust the golden Ragnaros.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Personally I really don't like double-doomguard.
    It's OK when you had Voidcallers, but now I just ended up with double-doomguards in my hand more times than I wanted.

Doomguard is supposed to be a last squeeze OR a "cheat it out" card. Getting two of them helps with none of that.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Playing Doomguard on 5 is fine in a lot of matchups. Card advantage only matters if it lets them recover the board, if they never stabilize who cares how many cards you each have.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    plus you can lifetap forever

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    not sure if I've lost a game where I played call of the wild on 8 and 9.

it's so gooooooooooooooooood. you almost don't even mind drawing it early... in some match ups you don't at all

also I never lose to warrior with this type of hunter unless they're aggro warrior. it's like there's JUST enough in the deck that the 2nd call of the wild, ideally after you've seen both brawls of course, always puts it away.

edit - having space to run 2xdeadly shot is amazing. even when trying to use that card in the past (because clearly it's an awesome effect it just didn't have space in hunter) I only recall ever running 1.

Variable on
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

Decklist:
    dzM1gDm.png

Here's Ryzen's version of it:
    mm2rvlsfnpr5.gif

The Sprint/Auctioneer are nice as you can draw so many cards to clear things or setup the C'thun finisher.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Playing Doomguard on 5 is fine in a lot of matchups. Card advantage only matters if it lets them recover the board, if they never stabilize who cares how many cards you each have.

Yeah, if the board state is right, you bet your ass I'm slamming Doomguard.

Often times Doomguard is gonna represent 10 damage, at least, because a 5/7 minion is not easy to deal with.

I mean yeah sure, sometimes you have two Doomguards in hand and that's awkward (Doomguards travel in pairs!), but eh. Two Doomguards is definitely the way to go.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »

Pretty sure the Flamewaker change was a universal change a little while ago. That's not specific to the brawl.
    That was a bug, I thought they fixed that.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    TheCanMan wrote: »

That was a bug, I thought they fixed that.

Maybe?

• Options
    hah, I bought some TGT packs the other day with gold for no real reason and I am pretty sure I got a legendary I already had. so today with 100 gold I moved to classic and figured I'd stay on that til I got a legendary and then come back to wotog etc.

first pack, geddon and a gladiator's longbow. okay!

I wish the latter was more usable. cheaper I guess.

• Options
    I.... hmmm.

Opponent had Misdirection, Explosive Trap, and Bear Trap in that order.
    I have a 5/2 Questing Adventurer and a Darnassus Aspirant.

I attack his face with the Aspirant. It gets misdirected into the QA, but Explosive Trap goes off before it hits, killing the QA. And then I get to attack with the Aspirant to his face again, triggering the Bear Trap?

I am befuddled.

• Options
    rank 2! Dover you better hurry up or I may pass you :D

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    @muffinatron thanks so much - spectated your match for the free pack and got prophet velen from the pack. Feels awesome.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I.... hmmm.

I attack his face with the Aspirant. It gets misdirected into the QA, but Explosive Trap goes off before it hits, killing the QA. And then I get to attack with the Aspirant to his face again, triggering the Bear Trap?

I am befuddled.

Was this Arena?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    So fucking tired of these assholes deliberately roping their turns.

Come the hell on, you are not lifecoach. If you were you'd know to tap first not last.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I.... hmmm.

I am befuddled.

Was this Arena?

Brawl. QA's been all right in this Brawl. Not as game-breaking as some other ones but good enough to include as a solid 3 in aggro-er decks.

hippofant on
  • Options
    So fucking tired of these assholes deliberately roping their turns.

Come the hell on, you are not lifecoach. If you were you'd know to tap first not last.
    I choose to tap last to assert my dominance.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Got my Golden Thrall, now only the Face classes remain.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Cantido wrote: »
    Got my Golden Thrall, now only the Face classes remain.

nice. I'm within 140 wins for hunter now and like 90 for rogue

pally and mage aren't getting any closer though. I never realized how much less I like those two but the numbers don't lie (I actually have always said I don't like pally but I have no idea why). rogue is just low because it's difficult, I honestly like miracle I just lose with it a lot, and hunter is where it is because I've mostly always hated face decks so I just never used it much. been grinding rogue/hunter this month though and this midrangey hunter deck is doing wonders. I played plenty of miracle but I rarely want to... at this rate hunter may surpass rogue and be my next gold just because I actually really like this deck.

when you say face decks what do you mean? hunter and...?

Variable on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Man these solo adventures have lasted far longer than I thought they would. Haven't even gotten to blackrock yet. They're both interesting and challenging.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »

Decklist:
    dzM1gDm.png

Here's Ryzen's version of it:
    mm2rvlsfnpr5.gif

The Sprint/Auctioneer are nice as you can draw so many cards to clear things or setup the C'thun finisher.

Oh, interesting list. I don't really think Beckoner or Chosen are actually needed, though. The only buffers you need are Disciples and Blades, and that gives you a lot of room to work in other cards instead.

Like in this case, I think Huckster makes for a much better 2 drop than Beckoner. And not running Chosens means you can run like, Xaril and Refreshment Vendor instead, right?

Still, interesting list. I just think I like the one I'm using more.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Often times Doomguard is gonna represent 10 damage, at least, because a 5/7 minion is not easy to deal with.

I mean yeah sure, sometimes you have two Doomguards in hand and that's awkward (Doomguards travel in pairs!), but eh. Two Doomguards is definitely the way to go.

Doomguard bro-pair travel confirmed!

jux5oo82w324.png

Played 12 games starting at rank 2, 4 stars. Started with a loss, then ended up 8-4 and here:

bscze6jzpqcs.png

So close I can taste it.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I've been dabbling in this a bit recently and I am just getting stomped by shamans and warrior over and over in the 15ish ranked play. The warriors just poop out more armor than I can possibly do damage, regardless of my deck it seems. And shamans are just really strong in a way they haven't been before in my experience. Maybe I am just bad?

• Options
    Well Shaman and Warrior are the two best classes, but you can get past rank 15 with any class, so both really.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Doomguard bro-pair travel confirmed!

jux5oo82w324.png

Played 12 games starting at rank 2, 4 stars. Started with a loss, then ended up 8-4 and here:

bscze6jzpqcs.png

So close I can taste it.

I got to 1-5 3 times before I break through. Don't get discouraged if you fall down!

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    envoy1 wrote: »
    @muffinatron thanks so much - spectated your match for the free pack and got prophet velen from the pack. Feels awesome.

Oh my God. I literally don't know what happened. I just opened my brawl pack and got Deathwing. May this luck last forever!

envoy1 on
  • Options
    Actually I've been thinking about the next legendary to craft. I can disenchant nozdormu and gruul. That would get me one more legendary. I am thinking ragnaros. Or baron geddon. Or should I try to go for the paladin n'zoth deck and start with tirion? Or should I get leeroy for the many aggro variants he's in, plus reno combo?

• Options
    I don't know how people do it, the highest I've ever gotten is 4 because I get so tilted without the bonus stars.

This discussion has been closed.