As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch 3.0] Justice Rains From Above!

1939495969799»

• ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    cubantyper wrote: »
    So I'm on Hanamura earlier today on the attack and (re)discovered that people fail to look up. As McCree, I manage to pass through the deathgate and ascend to the walkway overlooking the courtyard, watching the firefight with nary an opposing eye spotting me.

I told them the time, and four enemies dropped - it was glorious!

This is pretty much me. I always forget to look up.

steam_sig.png
  • RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I find that without in game voice enabled the player base is very friendly. Lots of GGs and positive comments about good plays. Even when an opposing team member is being a superbly annoying Winston/Tracer harasser it's usually "Wow, great map control".

I have no idea how things change if I enable voice and I'm afraid to try.

I have encountered occasional jerks but it hasn't been that bad so far

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    cubantyper wrote: »
    So I'm on Hanamura earlier today on the attack and (re)discovered that people fail to look up. As McCree, I manage to pass through the deathgate and ascend to the walkway overlooking the courtyard, watching the firefight with nary an opposing eye spotting me.

I told them the time, and four enemies dropped - it was glorious!

But gosh, what time WAS it?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I find that without in game voice enabled the player base is very friendly. Lots of GGs and positive comments about good plays. Even when an opposing team member is being a superbly annoying Winston/Tracer harasser it's usually "Wow, great map control".

I have no idea how things change if I enable voice and I'm afraid to try.

I have encountered occasional jerks but it hasn't been that bad so far

so far I would compare the community to like, TF2

better than dota and cod, still plenty of obnoxious children who feel the need to trashtalk people they've beaten

• MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    It's kind of amazing how long it takes to really get the hang of each character. I've played more D.Va than any other character, and first I learned her damage output over time is pretty good since she doesn't have to reload. Then I learned how survivable she can be when you make good use of her jets and shield. Then I learned how to use her to flank or remove snipers without dying. Then I learned how deadly she is on-foot when people don't treat her as a threat. I actually get more kills out-of-mech these days in a lot of my matches.

Going through a similar learning curve with Pharah.

Lucio who seems like a complicated character to play is actually one of the easiest to be decent with.

And last, I'm sad I suck with the hitscan characters with low ROF :( I think I'm too used to leading my shots.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Hey guys, kind of convoluted question here:

Right now, I am playing on console. I do have a semi-recent Battle.net ID from when I briefly tried HOTS about a year ago. My original Blizz account from vanilla WoW is long lost in the ether.

If I link my console with my Bnet ID, do I lose any of my unlocks?

If I have cash on my (pc) Bnet account, can I use it to buy loot boxes on console?

Is there any benefit to linking the Bnet ID in the first place?

Well, The main reason is cause you can sometimes get freebies for other blizzard games, like the baby winston pet in WoW, or the free tracer hero in HOTS, so keeping them all on the same account does have merit...Also, it makes using an authenticator easier (just download the free phone app) and your account more secure. As for the linking, are you saying you have two different battle.net ids? one for console and one for pc? I'm not sure if blizzard does merges like that.

Sorry, I muddied up the facts a bit there. Functionally I have one Bnet ID. I do not have a separate one for console, and the game presents me the option to link my gamertag to Bnet, but I wasn't sure what the benefits would be. Your explanation tells me that it's not a high priority to link the two, though. Thanks for the clarification.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I'm still somewhat amazed that Blizzard left cross team communication in given how they've removed it from every other game.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Beezel wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks Transcendence should not only heal/shield whoever has stepped into the iris but kinda fuck up enemies in the aoe at the same time to keep with that harmony/discord theme and give Zen another option?

huff puff I heard someone had an idea for buffing Zenyatta and I came as fast as I could

This discussion has been closed.