As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Night's Black Agents - Skype game - room for one more!

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Now we just need to find a way to get all of Lana's arsenal to the meet with Rettinger. Might have to finally spend some Cover on a security consultant or something.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Finally got my physical books in. The local shop owner is hinting heavily that I should run a game.

So I guess it's time to finally dive into this conspyramid stuff.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Hope you can get a group going!

If I had any foresight I might have been recording our sessions for this very purpose. Alas!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Hope you can get a group going!

If I had any foresight I might have been recording our sessions for this very purpose. Alas!

We've changed format three times; now that we have something stable it's probably worth a shot. Practice your dramatic recap voice or we can use mine!

... I might have to watch my mouth a little or actually roleplay if you record, too. ;P

• Options
    I think I might be going a little big with the plan at this point.

It now involves historical references from the Huns to WW2. With a stop-off in the Crusades.

• Options
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I think I might be going a little big with the plan at this point.

It now involves historical references from the Huns to WW2. With a stop-off in the Crusades.

That sounds a bit like my first draft.

• Options
    Hey @OptimusZed do you happen to know what program is used to record that star wars game you're in?

• Options
    Mumble

I think it's a pay service, though.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Mumble

I think it's a pay service, though.

It didn't used to be, I don't think? Calling @TheRoadVirus to help us out here.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    *smoke bomb*

Mumble is free. Need to run murmur to host your own server. Then you give your IP out or can find a free temporary DNS

*Smoke bomb*

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    *another smoke bomb*
    Also another option is to use Google hangouts since it has video and audio built in and you can load roll20 and play your game
    *Yet another smoke bomb*

• Options
    So, are we kind of locked in to Friday nights at this point?

I ask not because I have a conflict, but because I'm thinking about when I might schedule another game I'll be running.

• Options
    For the foreseeable future, Friday nights should work.

• Options
    You guys good for tomorrow night?

• Options
    I know of no reason why I wouldn't be.

• Options
    I'm in. On solo kid duty, but we should be able to work around that.

• Options
    We just need to give my girlfriend and your kids interrupting us some sort of mechanical effect. Maybe we get to refresh abilities? :D

• Options
    Maybe, depends on how beat up you guys get.

Also I haven't had the time this week to mess with getting a server set up, so no recording attempt tonight

• Options
    I have a good feeling about this.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    IBM Shipping Notes:
    • Lana has a date (after the Rettinger meet)
    • Edvin hacked the database (does this really need recorded anymore?)
    • Trackers on German and English crates

Rettinger Meeting Notes:
    • Raven in subway. Black bird vs white birds?
    • Rettinger showed up early.
    • Did not take place in the sculpture wing (against advice).
    • Edvin knows nothing about Russian/Ukrainian impressionism.
    • Rettinger dresses like a nerd.
    • Edvin doesn’t think Rettinger is Rettinger. Says so.
    • Rettinger is Scottish(??)
    • Two years ago many things happened.
    • Iggy Pop is here. And sneaky. And named Iggy.
    • Didn’t eat Edvin right away.
    • Edvin gave away a bunch of intel.
    • Idon’tcareifyou’revampirespleasedon’teatme
    • Edvin considers flipping, with Lana on the line.
    • Rettinger tells Edvin he’s wrong about the conspiracy.
    • One sentence had four instances of “know” in it.
    • Lana’s survival is optional - Edvin.
    • Rettinger is opposed to Hlavni’s faction,
    • Rettinger’s faction is weaker. Significantly weaker.
    • Rettinger can’t protect us.
    • Edvinsplaining to a vampire crimelord.
    • Rettinger doesn’t know German.
    • Iggy doesn’t breathe.
    • “I’m a man with an… enormous” - Edvin
    • Just say we want help killing Hlavni already. Seriously.
    • “Iggy is a vampire” “that’s half right”
    • “I’m an enormous pansy” - Edvin
    • Just give him the damn flash drive.
    • Gave Rettinger the flash drive. Finally.
    • “Zebra says hi”
    • You Got - A Tuning Fork!
    • East Wing, Pointillism.

Post-Rettinger Museum Notes
    • Lots of dazed, rocking people in the pointillism exhibit.
    • Raven flock on skylight, smashes through.
    • Small woman, red eyes, serious bad news.
    • Charges at Edvin.
    • Edvin killed that poor, poor lady.
    • Lana is a terrible shot. And probably destroyed some priceless artwork.
    • Mind-control Lana is scary.
    • We messed her up pretty bad. She still escaped.
    • Lana shot her leg off. Tried to collect it. It was human, not Raven. It’s in Lana’s bag now.
    • Lana totally saved that guy.
    • Edvin erases the tapes, encounters cocky Russian hacker again.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    Were we trying for this weekend?

• Options
    This weekend has gotten complicated due to a silly old birthday that I have. Tentative next weekend?

• Options
    I'm good for either.

Happy birthday.

• Options
    I'm watching some Person of Interest while taking care of the kid, and it occurs to me that Lana and Edvin are almost exactly Reese and Finch.

• Options
    I'm watching some Person of Interest while taking care of the kid, and it occurs to me that Lana and Edvin are almost exactly Reese and Finch.

It's a similar dynamic, yeah. PoI reruns were like the high-point of working the front desk at CBS for me; I really like the series even if it's occasionally histrionic or reliant on technogobbledygook.

I was initially shooting more for, like, McGee on NCIS but that's not where I landed for sure.

• Options
    There's definitely a high degree of technobabble. For the most part it does play the high powered superspies in normal surroundings thing pretty straight, though. Technobabble is part and parcel of that.

• Options
    There's definitely a high degree of technobabble. For the most part it does play the high powered superspies in normal surroundings thing pretty straight, though. Technobabble is part and parcel of that.

I don't know how deep into it you are, but it gets babblier the longer you stick with it. Really its only flaw and a pretty forgivable one considering.

• Options
    I'm still slowly chopping through the first season in between other things I want to watch. I think I'm on episode 18 or something.

• Options
    I'm still slowly chopping through the first season in between other things I want to watch. I think I'm on episode 18 or something.

Ah, that makes sense.

Stick with it; it stays good at least through the end of Season 4, though the tone shifts some. I have yet to get around to Season 5 but it's on Netflix, so that's coming.

• Options
    You guys good for tonight?

• Options
    Farangu wrote: »
    You guys good for tonight?

Should be.

• Options
    I should be good. Allergies have wrecked my voice, though. So look forward to me sounding like Iggy.

• Options
    We are having the most amazing luck with head colds and such as far as this game goes.

• Options
    Lesson learned tonight: conventional force CAN kill vampiric creatures, provided the scale of the force is set to "Wile E. Coyote".

• Options
    Lana needs a shrink real bad. I feel like we might be doing some serious points in a contact to that end.

• Options
    I think Lana's probably going to pick up a rank of Vampirology. It seems like it's called for at this point.

Otherwise, she's run the numbers on taking off a vampire head with her bare hands and it looks like at least a little bit of Weapons is probably wise to diversify a bit.

• Options
    With that in mind, it's probably time for a resupply as well if we can find one. Something basic like a hatchet or a machette will probably work for defanging these things. I think Lana would also be into a new gun if the funds are there. Preferably something small enough to conceal, but with auto capabilities. Given our current locale, that probably looks like a scorpion or similar. Just as long as it can fit under a jacket and I can burn all my Shooting points at once to wreck up a vampire.

• Options
    I will be around tonight, though I may not be on right away. I've got some family stuff, so I'll break off when others start checking out.

Until then, please feel free to assume that Lana goes along with whatever plan Edvin comes up with, then steals/drives/punches or shoots whatever arises in whichever order makes sense.

• Options
    Currently looking like same bat time, same bat channel

• Options
    Fando Palrissian