As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX South 17] It's Over. See You Next Time

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Guess we're not that small anymore.

Aw man. Well, SmallPAX was fun while it lasted. I guess I should be happy that it's growing into something good for PA and the industry so it doesn't go away for good.

...SmallPAX sounds an awful lot like smallpox.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    BoringPAX will be happening this year

hotel room with video games and board games set up so that the more introverted of us don't have to pick between calling it an early night or going out and being awkward at a bar

I'm tempted to set up a Hospitality Suite

Imagine a place like this with nerds erry where
    http://sanantonio.grand.hyatt.com/multimedia/en/grandhyatt/satgh/gateway.image.0000663667.jpg.html

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Aw man. Well, SmallPAX was fun while it lasted. I guess I should be happy that it's growing into something good for PA and the industry so it doesn't go away for good.

Here's hoping the board game free play area gets a big expansion for next year. Table space was already hard to come by at times this year.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

Here's hoping the board game free play area gets a big expansion for next year. Table space was already hard to come by at times this year.

I think they finished the convention expansions like a month after Pax South ended, so hopefully everything should probably be a bit roomier!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I missed our abundant round tables last year

The long tables don't work very well for games with big groups, especially when the room is as loud as the convention floor proper

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Hopefully with South being more popular and East being the biggest PAX, some of the pressure will be taken off of Prime West.

Speaking of West, when are those bad boys going to go on sale?

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So apparently i have to fill out some dumb paperwork to do employee rates for La Quinta booking, AND i have to wait 60 days prior. -_-

Well, at least you've got plenty of time!

254 days 13 hours 55 minutes until PAX! Whoo!

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

Hopefully with South being more popular and East being the biggest PAX, some of the pressure will be taken off of Prime West.

I expect West tickets will still be a berserk rush sold out in 20 minutes or less pretty much forever. There's a whole lot of pressure East and South could relieve from West before it would have any noticeable impact. And a lot of the people who go to West go specifically for big developers and exclusives that haven't really been part of South so far.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    East is not that far behind West in terms of selling the fuck out, either

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

Soon (probably the next few weeks).

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I picked up a 3-day pass; I am not sure how my attending will actually work this time given how far away it is and how I have no idea where I'll be in a month, let alone a year, but at least this gives me the option.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    And I signed up for the Omegathon, OBVIOUSLY.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    If you get picked again I'm going to laugh and laugh.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    If you get picked again I'm going to laugh and laugh.

She's gonna Jerry Rice the hell out of that competition.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    PAx_South_Kerplunk.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    So, how terrified of us are the Denny's staff going to be this year?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So, I guess I have eight months to try to convince a local movie theater in San Antonio to do something nerdy/geeky that Friday evening of PAX-South.

I'm ready for nominations/suggestions.

Scott Pilgrim is the current champion till something better comes along.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So, I guess I have eight months to try to convince a local movie theater in San Antonio to do something nerdy/geeky that Friday evening of PAX-South.

Just call the drafthouse today and be like yo show scott pilgrim during pax and they'll be like oh ok.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

Just call the drafthouse today and be like yo show scott pilgrim during pax and they'll be like oh ok.

The Drafthouse did the Scott Pilgrim quote along with props the Wed before PAX. It made flying in early worth it all by itself. It was glorious. That was where I got that annoying blinking red light stick I brought to the Thursday trivia.

Talking to them about planning an event to draw in the PAX crowd seems very doable.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    This is the year (well, technically next year) that I attend my first PAX.
    Just ordered a three day pass.

Turns out, this will also be the first vacation I've ever planned for myself.

Fuck... what do I do now?

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Shots.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The Wizard with Fred Savage and Jenny Lewis.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

The classic 1993 smash hit, Super Mario Bros.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    CHINCYMCCHILLA

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Wait are we not just yelling our own names

Also Luke made me buy a ticket to this, I dont know if I'll have the finances to make it out but I'm definitely going to try

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Maddoc wrote: »

The classic 1993 smash hit, Super Mario Bros.

Someone remind me tonight to send an email or tweet or something to John Erler and see if he'd be willing to Master Pancake (basically mst3k) this movie in San Antonio during PAX.

(I don't actually know him but it's a year out maybe I could be convincing!)

rhylith on
  • Options
    MST3K was only for bad movies though

Not underappreciated gems like Super Mario's Bros.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Maddoc wrote: »
    MST3K was only for bad movies though

Not underappreciated gems like Super Mario's Bros.

heh

Also they mostly do popular movies and they do a good job with it.

rhylith on
  • Options
    They should play the MST3K of Space Mutiny at the Drafthouse

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

I have watched that so many damn times, though. MOVE MOVE MOVE

• Options

Okay how about a less-known but still classic one, like Sword and the Dragon?

• Options
    MST/rifftrax gets played at even major theater chains pretty frequently and everyone's already seen it. Let Master Pancake have their day!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Okay how about a less-known but still classic one, like Sword and the Dragon?

warwulff

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MST/rifftrax gets played at even major theater chains pretty frequently and everyone's already seen it. Let Master Pancake have their day!

Not here in Abilene :(

But I'm down for pretty much whatever

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    They're actually showing speed racer later this week at the Austin drafthouse.

If anyone wants to come on over and see it at like 10:40 Sunday. I've never seen I'm probably gonna go.

• Options

From what I'm seeing they just did a rifftrax live at your Cinemark a couple weeks ago and are reshowing the mst3k reunion in June!

• Options

From what I'm seeing they just did a rifftrax live at your Cinemark a couple weeks ago and are reshowing the mst3k reunion in June!

:o

Guess I know what I'm doing that night! Thanks!

• Options
    Yeah, they did a kickstarter last month.

• Options
    PAX South Goal
    Play Cosmic Encounter

VayBJ4e.png