As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]Thread: Life Advice: Listen to AJ. He is the Light

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm slowly being convinced that Gary Cole is the secret MVP of Veep

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    every idea sounds dumb on paper

Not my hot new pilot, "Poorochondriac Tells You About Your Body"

What is this spot? Yeah, that one right there.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm slowly being convinced that Gary Cole is the secret MVP of Veep

Kent is the greatest.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    gary cole is usually the not so secret part of everything he's in

... and now i wanna watch me some southern gothic

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Not my hot new pilot, "Poorochondriac Tells You About Your Body"

We gotta workshop that title.

Nobody is going to say that first... word?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    They're making a Lethal Weapon television show? With Damon Wayans?

The hell?

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I just watched the Great Indoors trailer and I feel bad because I love Joel McHale and want him to succeed, but I have no interest in a comedy with so much contempt for milennials

I just roll my eyes as soon as anyone starts claiming that things were better back in the day

I'd rather watch a more hopeful comedy

• Options
    as someone who hates young people, i am glad there is finally a show about hating young people

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Jokes about how millenials suck are the hackiest, laziest things

"They're self-absorbed!" Like... All young people? Ever? In history?

"They're too PC!" They have... too much regard for people's feelings? Doesn't that... Doesn't that contrast with your first thing?

Basically any time your joke's premise is, "The youth are out of touch, and us older folks know the real score," you're writing the least interesting comedy in the universe.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Unless it's being said by Schmidt.

• Options
    Unless it's being said by Schmidt.

The joke there is typically on Schmidt, so that's fine

• Options
    Schmidt can say anything and it's funny.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

"They're too PC!" They have... too much regard for people's feelings? Doesn't that... Doesn't that contrast with your first thing?

Basically any time your joke's premise is, "The youth are out of touch, and us older folks know the real score," you're writing the least interesting comedy in the universe.

It's like you snuck into a writer's meeting for Tim Allen's current sitcom.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

It's like you snuck into a writer's meeting for Tim Allen's current sitcom.

• Options
    Why is it so common for someone's second show to just go by their real first name for a title?

I feel like this happens alot but when I was trying to think of other examples I blanked.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I have a little bit of hope for that Joel McHale show, but that's probably just lingering goodwill from Community

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Why is it so common for someone's second show to just go by their real first name for a title?

I feel like this happens alot but when I was trying to think of other examples I blanked.

Ask Louis c.k.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The Lady Dynamite pilot is...too meta.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    The Lady Dynamite pilot is...too meta.

Strong (put polite) disagree

• Options
    i was gonna start lady dynamite after i finish cop rock

but then i saw hulu added acapulco h.e.a.t.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

Glad they got this worked out, adding her back into the mix added a lot to season two

• Options
    They have to have SOMEONE who isn't a zombie.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Ask Louis c.k.

Louie Louie Looowahhhhh

( I don't think there's a song I hate more that gets stuck in my head like the Louie theme)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher had a good opening, but am I the only one that hopes a lot of the Ennis charm of sexual violence is left on the cutting room floor?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I don't know about the pilots but that jezebel article convinced me to not read anything else that particular person buzzfeeds.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Lady Dynamite is pretty gosh darn great

3rd episode, wowzer!

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Watching Preacher

Super dig it so far, reminds me a lot of This is the End in terms of its sense of humor but less meta and also way more stylish

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    They're making a Lethal Weapon television show? With Damon Wayans?

The hell?

Well I think we can skip obvious the Danny Glover joke but Im super inclined to like this if they nail Rigs

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    In like episode 6 of Lady Dynamite, there's an apparent call out to a movie that a friend of my current roommate has being filming for what feels like years now. It's such a specific and odd reference I can't imagine it being anything but a call out to that project. It was weird to see.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Finished up the pilot of Preacher

I am not a fan of the comic, but boy did I really like that

Super stylish, very unique, had a pretty great sense of humor and got oddly sweet at times

Definitely on board for the rest of this season

If you like kinda grindhouse style stuff or This is the End I would recommend checking it out

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Glad they got this worked out, adding her back into the mix added a lot to season two

I struggled to remember the difference between her and the other brunette lady in the show as well. Like, all the ladies who weren't either blonde or redhead were just interchangeable to me.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

I struggled to remember the difference between her and the other brunette lady in the show as well. Like, all the ladies who weren't either blonde or redhead were just interchangeable to me.

I'll miss Agent Bozzio.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    And yet, you will still watch them.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »

I'll miss Agent Bozzio.
    I felt really bad for Babineaux. Those two had great chemistry. Hope she comes back!

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    And yet, you will still watch them.

give me your dumbest, hollyweird

i'm out of cop rock episodes and need it

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    How about a show about 2 really bad private detectives.

The title: Average Dicks

• Options
    edited May 2016
    wait shit i forgot

time to start acapulco h.e.a.t.

https://youtu.be/SUZZwG0Shck

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I had completely forgotten that Fabio was in that.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    bozzio was very good when she got to do stuff this season so I hope they work her back into the show, at some point

I'm pretty sure the actress has some weird ironclad contract to appear on as many cw shows as possible, so I'm sure she's available

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I cannot believe that Acapulco H.E.A.T. was not an intentional comedy

This discussion has been closed.