As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Clash Royale] Join the clan, we need your crowns!

• Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    oohh

also, I got the princess last night

kind of underwhelming, but maybe I'm mistaken

I really use the log a lot now

The log is great, the princess can be very good for swarms and for dealing chip damage to towers.

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    The princess is amazing if you can protect her; put something big and tanky in front and drop her a ways behind the line.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Or use her for virtually guaranteed chip damage. 140 per shot for 3 mana ain't too bad. Sometimes you get two shots off as a bonus, plus force them to play a card to counter.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I hit 2k trophies for the first time and all of a sudden it seems every single deck is the exact counter to my deck =P

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Anyone also playing Clash of Clans? My kids and I are bouncing around and I was wondering if there was a PA one available.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    2v2 time!

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    And that's 2 2v2 wins.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Options
    so .... I see that once you got to 2k trophies everyone gets better and 80% of the players turn into dicks

that sound right?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    so .... I see that once you got to 2k trophies everyone gets better and 80% of the players turn into dicks

that sound right?

And it only gets worse. Whenever someone beats me above 3k, I can pretty much guarantee they will spam the cry emote, which is even more egregious considering I never emote so I don't know why they feel like they need to rub it in.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

that sound right?

And it only gets worse. Whenever someone beats me above 3k, I can pretty much guarantee they will spam the cry emote, which is even more egregious considering I never emote so I don't know why they feel like they need to rub it in.

Just like in Hearthstone, I automatically mute the other player every time, I don't even think about it any more.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    If it makes you feel better I dropped from almost 2k trophies down to just over 1700 in about 45 minutes last night just trying to get a chest to open.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Koreg wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better I dropped from almost 2k trophies down to just over 1700 in about 45 minutes last night just trying to get a chest to open.

yeah, I'll hit about 2100 and go straight back to 1850 or so

• Options
    Ok so what's the meta Royal Giant deck it's the one card I've leveled and not really used

• Options
    Ok so what's the meta Royal Giant deck it's the one card I've leveled and not really used

Play Royal Giant. Chip damage your way to victory in overtime

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Dusda wrote: »
    The princess is amazing if you can protect her; put something big and tanky in front and drop her a ways behind the line.

She's not a game winner, but she's a strong support for every push and a great positive trade for swarms. Often I will place her in the opposite lane to the one I'm pushing - if she gets one hit on Minion Horde, the tower will take care of the rest, which puts you up 2 elixir, then your opponent also has to drop something else in the opposite lane to take care of Princess, giving you a further elixir advantage as well as leaving your counter-attack unopposed.

Also right now the Skeleton army is the most used card in the game, and's a hard counter to it - she's a great alternative to Log as long as you place her properly, because you counter the Skarmy and still have a unit on the field.

Last but not least she's great support for an unexpected counter attack. When I use Mini-Pekka to shut down a Hog Rider for example, and he's charging at the enemy tower alone, I usually drop a Princess near the bridge because the opponent will almost always use a low cost low HP card to stop MP. I take a lot of a towers surprising the opponent like that, and there's nothing more heartbreaking than executing the perfect Hog defense and seeing your Mini Pekka get shut down by 1 elixir skeletons.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Spiffy and I were unstoppable 2v2 machines, until we were stopped.

Dual Graveyard.

Alistair Hutton on

• Options
    Also Spiffy is a convert to the power of Tornado, testify.

• Options
    Also Spiffy is a convert to the power of Tornado, testify.

Tornado is one of the strongest spells in the game. Good job on the clan chest guys, got me another graveyard! Level 2 hype!

• Options
    Princess in a magical chest, now that's 3 legendaries at level 2! I could really use a special offer with some gold in it now though :/

• Options
    I got the miner from a silver chest

I was pretty surprised

• Options
    Princess in a magical chest, now that's 3 legendaries at level 2! I could really use a special offer with some gold in it now though :/

It's amazing how few special offers they have besides the bundle you get at each Arena. I'm not buying your gems for regular price Clash Royale, that is never happening.

• Options
    Next two cards after Heal:

Bats - Common - 2 elixir: Basically 5 flying skeletons
    Night Witch - Legendary - 4 Elixir: Basically the Witch that summons bats instead of skeletons and has a hard hitting melee attack instead of a ranged aoe.

I can't see Night Witch being that great, but bats are going to be a staple in zap bait and cycle decks.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I hit the new Legendary Arena! 3800+!
    6s40rqu2dgbo.jpg

Mainly excited because I did it with a completely unconventional deck of my own creation. Been piloting this exclusively for the past few months:
    itpsqby65dg3.jpg

ObiFett on
  • Options
    I made it to arena 8!

For three rounds

• Options
    I made it to arena 8!

For three rounds

How it worked for me when I was ranking up is that I'd get stuck near the top of an Arnea, break through for a day, go back and forth for a while then work my way safely into the next arena. You'll get there. My only suggestion is that if you're missing cards from arena 8 next time you make it there give yourself a break and get a few of the free arena 8 chests so you can unlock any cards you're missing. Besides that just keep playing and refining your deck and your matchups you'll move up

• Options
    I made it to arena 8!

For three rounds

How it worked for me when I was ranking up is that I'd get stuck near the top of an Arnea, break through for a day, go back and forth for a while then work my way safely into the next arena. You'll get there. My only suggestion is that if you're missing cards from arena 8 next time you make it there give yourself a break and get a few of the free arena 8 chests so you can unlock any cards you're missing. Besides that just keep playing and refining your deck and your matchups you'll move up

oh I hadn't thought of that, thank you!

• Options
    I made it to arena 8!

For three rounds

oh I hadn't thought of that, thank you!

Yeah the most important thing is to unlock cards since you can always ask for them from the rest of the clan. Also if you're almost at rank 8 or whatever make sure you have an open chest slot so when you break the threshold you can get the next arena up chest to open. You get a little more gold and a few more cards but more importantly you get the opportunity to get the next arena cards.

• Options
    Apparently they're announcing a global esports league for Clash Royale. The Crown Championship Global Series means that there will be more organized esports for the game which should be excellent to generate interest! It will be season based (it has already started in Korea/Japan/China) and will be accessible to all later this year.

• Options
    Ice Wizard out of a free chest today!

• Options
    Made it up to 3300 trophies yesterday! My Graveyard/Bowler deck is really good against EB and RG. Was playing another level 10 yesterday with level 12 EBs and still won after he got my tower down in the first minute. Bowler might might be my favorite card at the moment

• Options
    Made it up to 3300 trophies yesterday! My Graveyard/Bowler deck is really good against EB and RG. Was playing another level 10 yesterday with level 12 EBs and still won after he got my tower down in the first minute. Bowler might might be my favorite card at the moment

I may have to start using mine

my deck is

Knight
    Princess
    Miner
    Log
    Ice Wizard
    Minions
    Fire Spirits
    Zap

I'd say I win maybe 40% of the time or so. I'm also almost constantly against people that are a level or two higher than I am

• Options

I may have to start using mine

my deck is

Knight
    Princess
    Miner
    Log
    Ice Wizard
    Minions
    Fire Spirits
    Zap

I'd say I win maybe 40% of the time or so. I'm also almost constantly against people that are a level or two higher than I am

My deck is

Knight
    Bowler
    Baby Dragon
    Tornado
    Posion
    Electro Wizard
    Skeletons
    Graveyard

It sounds like you're doing really well if you're facing off against players higher level than you!

• Options

Graveyard/Bowler is the bomb.

• Options
    So many updates! Nerfs! New Cards! New challenges! New game types! More 2v2!

• Options
    Huge updates! New game modes! Card changes! Permanent (?) 2v2! Daily/Weekly Quests! There all here and more! Come join clan Penny Arcade and play the Touchdown challenge this week! New card releasing soon!

• Options
    They are sure doing a great job of keeping this game fresh. I would have thought I'd have burnt out on it by now, but I'm still enjoying playing it every day and keeping up with my chests.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I guess the quests are ok, though the 'donating cards' one sucks for small guilds.

touchdown is hilariously broken. whichever team has hog rider wins unless they're really really bad.

I'm only missing level 10 cards, Night Witch, and Electric Wizard now. My princess, inferno dragon, and ice wizard are level 2 and I have my knight to level 11

edit: I LOVE permanent 2v2 and the new rematch feature is nice

Xaquin on
  • Options
    I guess the quests are ok, though the 'donating cards' one sucks for small guilds.

touchdown is hilariously broken. whichever team has hog rider wins unless they're really really bad.

I'm only missing level 10 cards, Night Witch, and Electric Wizard now. My princess, inferno dragon, and ice wizard are level 2 and I have my knight to level 11

Yeah at least you can switch quests once a day. I went from a quest where you need to play like 50 2 cost cards and got basically a "log in every day for 5 days for stuff" quest. I finished the first 'medal' quest to get a golden chest but now I need to get a few hundred and I'll get a magical chest which is nice.

I really enjoy touchdown it's silly. Hog Rider is really good but I really like the cannon cart they do good damage and they're really fast I've won multiple times through cannon carts destroying small minions and then rolling into the end zone

• Options

Yeah at least you can switch quests once a day. I went from a quest where you need to play like 50 2 cost cards and got basically a "log in every day for 5 days for stuff" quest. I finished the first 'medal' quest to get a golden chest but now I need to get a few hundred and I'll get a magical chest which is nice.

I really enjoy touchdown it's silly. Hog Rider is really good but I really like the cannon cart they do good damage and they're really fast I've won multiple times through cannon carts destroying small minions and then rolling into the end zone

Last time I played I got Hog Rider and Tornado

hahhaha the poor opposing team just gave up

• Options
    BlarghyBlarghy Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I had Mirror Hog Fireball on one game -- we won 3 touchdowns in less than a minute.

Blarghy on