Options

[Love] is love is love is love

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Slept for 12 hours and discovered that I didn't empty the bath last night when I half fell into it this morning

there have been considerably worse saturday mornings!

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    "Fancy morning fun ?"
    I went to Thorntons to get my mentor chocolates, did my laundry, and bought myself a little chocolate bar too. Fun!

Edit: that chocolate bar was ridiculously good so this morning wins.

Angelina on
  • Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    Blimey, that's a highly productive morning Angelina. I feel remarkably upbeat today despite being a year older and another day single-er.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Skunty wrote: »
    Blimey, that's a highly productive morning Angelina. I feel remarkably upbeat today despite being a year older and another day single-er.

Happy birthday!

In my own news, I have discovered that I love steamed buns. Went round a food festival this morning, and there was a stall selling them and a bunch of other Chinese food which I so badly wanted to buy all of. I've never had a steamed bun before, wanted to try one ever since I heard of them, and when I told the guy selling them this he was like "oh, try it first before you pay then, money back if you don't like it!"

He had no worries that thing was heavenly!

forumsig.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    My hairdresser is running 20 minutes late

Siiiigh

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »

Siiiigh

More like a hairdressn't.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So yesterday I found myself in the weird position of having to use a direct term of endearment for my grandmother-in-law for the first time in the 5 years that I've been married.

It was a surprisingly stressful moment!

I had a really awkward moment with Amy's Dad kinda like that, one day says to me "you know you can call me Dad if you want, Chris", I was so shocked I can't actually remember EXACTLY what I said, but I'm fairly sure it was pretty much "I'm sorry Graham but I only call my Dad Dad". Then complete silence from both of us for what felt like 6 or 7 decades.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Man I hate this. I'm stuck in my room because being around my brother is making me so uncomfortable right now. I hate being stuck in my room anymore, and I can't leave the house at all because I'm kinda broke and need to save gas for my ged classes.

• Options
    I dunno sounds pretty sweet to be able to give terms of endearment to someone!

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Skunty wrote: »

Happy birthday!

In my own news, I have discovered that I love steamed buns. Went round a food festival this morning, and there was a stall selling them and a bunch of other Chinese food which I so badly wanted to buy all of. I've never had a steamed bun before, wanted to try one ever since I heard of them, and when I told the guy selling them this he was like "oh, try it first before you pay then, money back if you don't like it!"

He had no worries that thing was heavenly!

Goddamn do some steamed buns sound soooo good right now.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Man I hate this. I'm stuck in my room because being around my brother is making me so uncomfortable right now. I hate being stuck in my room anymore, and I can't leave the house at all because I'm kinda broke and need to save gas for my ged classes.

can you walk around your neighborhood? or walk to somewhere? being active at all usually helps, and a change of scenery is even better. throw on some headphones/earbuds if you feel safe with that.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    These kids I live with are a bunch of snuggle sluts. Everyone is fondling everyone in some sort of non sexual still sexual way and it's an affront to decency. Goddamn hippies, get off my lawn, get a job and live lives of crushing loneliness.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I dunno sounds pretty sweet to be able to give terms of endearment to someone!

It is!

It's just figuring out which one on the fly that's stressful.

My GIL is Peranakan-Chinese, so I was frantically racking my brain to remember if I was supposed to call her something specific.

I ended up just going with Mama and she was cool with it.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    This thread has a really fantastic OP

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I am facebook chatting with one of my old coursemates who I had/have a little thing for. It is entirely innocuous talk about jobs and such but I am allowing myself to believe that we shall be married in the spring

• Options
    It's 3 weeks until I visit home and I've started packing. I'm not counting down the 20 days at all. Nopes.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

Siiiigh

More like a hairdressn't.

This makes no sense but it made me laugh.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Felt really down this morning then I conquered France in EU4 and now I feel better

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Man, now I want some steamed buns. The only 2 places I know to get some are on the other side of town.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

can you walk around your neighborhood? or walk to somewhere? being active at all usually helps, and a change of scenery is even better. throw on some headphones/earbuds if you feel safe with that.

I already took a walk in the park two days ago. It was good for me and a good time but I'm still sore as hell.

Spoiler for whining
    I shouldn't have to leave my own house just because my brother has to have a guy over for a week and a god damn half.

I have no problem with him having a guy over, even a foreign guy, even for a week and a half.

But this guy is more than seven years younger than him and that makes me super uncomfortable.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2016
    Ask me how my day is going

Go on I dare you

tynic on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Go on I dare you

H- how you doing, buddy?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Go on I dare you

I'll ask, but I'll pre-emptively offer you this

canterbury-church-shop.jpg

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

Go on I dare you

I'll ask, but I'll pre-emptively offer you this

canterbury-church-shop.jpg

Consumption of that might be a touch problematic.

• Options
    I'm going to be out several hundred in emergency dental fees, I'll tell you that much.

Also don't dismount drunk, kids.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    aaahhhhhhhhhh

Aw gees that sucks I'm sorry

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    fuuuuuucccckkk

• Options
    I'm going to be out several hundred in emergency dental fees, I'll tell you that much.

You talking about bike riding, or gymnastics?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

my last dismount injury was after reverse cowgirl style

I was the cowgirl

• Options
    Is this about a bike or a horse

• Options

Yes.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Or

Xaquin on
  • Options

:winky: or se-
    Brolo wrote: »

my last dismount injury was after reverse cowgirl style

I was the cowgirl

goddammit

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Or

Gules, a fess Or between three frogs proper!

I'm sorry that happened to you, Tynic

• Options
    edited May 2016
    hmm
    I think saying it happened to me implies a lack of fault or agency which i really don't deserve

If anything, I happened to the road.

edit: i'm starving and eating scrambled eggs because I can't eat things that need biting. I would kill for a piece of toast, but it might also kill me. Or parts of me anyway.

tynic on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Did... did you throw your face on the ground?

• Options

Nic was on the horse, the horse was on a bike.

Both were drunk.

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Did... did you throw your face on the ground?

that's actually
    pretty accurate, yes. I mean the rest of me was still attached
    so there was some force behind it.

• Options
    Did you ride on one of those experimental four-legged robots

Probably not, but

I guess at least it would've been a sacrifice for progress

• Options
    Bikes are evil, horses are much better.

This discussion has been closed.