Options

[Love] is love is love is love

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    I keep having ridiculous sex dreams and am awake before 7 because my leg fell out of bed. I think I need a drink.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    just be sure to reattach your leg first

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Ridiculous sex dreams are fine.
    Awake because your leg fell out of bed? Pull it back and go back to sleep!

• Options
    Or, you know, drink yourself silly. Whatever.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I keep a glass of water next to my bed just in case I need a drink.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Hacksaw

I love

your dog

It's a shitty job, but someone's gotta do it

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Hacksaw

I love

your dog

It's a shitty job, but someone's gotta do it

Whoa oh oh o

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    I keep having ridiculous sex

Nice, congrats!
    dreams

Oh, uh...congrats?

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    In happier news, this is a drink called The Story Behind My Wooden Hand:
    dyim6g6g7abg.jpg
    It's rye, dimmi, cynar, Buddha Hand Bitters, garnished with orange and white chocolate.
    Hey, you're at Oddjob, right? Check out Whitechapel if you get the chance. You're not far. It's a gin bar with great atmosphere and some tasty drinks. Maybe not tonight though, I'm not sure you'd get there before last call.

I stayed at the Embassy Hotel a couple months ago on vacation and Whitechapel is the only place we hit more than once.

EDIT: Wow I didn't hit refresh and failed to realize how late it had gotten.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That is a fantastic name. The drink itself sounds awful though.

• Options
    I dreamt about the colour green. Don't know why. Also I slept for like 9 hours and feel a lot better about my face, though I'm not sure it feels better about me.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I wonder how the pavement is feeling after you headbutted it so hard. And it was just about to compliment you on your stylish outfit, too!

• Options
    I wonder how the pavement is feeling after you headbutted it so hard. And it was just about to compliment you on your stylish outfit, too!

fortunately it's right outside my apartment, so I can go ask. There's still like, blotchy blood stains everywhere though.
    I wonder if the rest of my apartment building now thinks we live in a surprisingly violent neighbourhood.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I dreamt about the colour green. Don't know why.

You are becoming Swamp Thing.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

fortunately it's right outside my apartment, so I can go ask. There's still like, blotchy blood stains everywhere though.
    I wonder if the rest of my apartment building now thinks we live in a surprisingly violent neighbourhood.

Yelling U Fukking Wot?!?! at the sidewalk.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

Yelling U Fukking Wot?!?! at the sidewalk.

You need to curb that attitude (not sure if this works as well for anyone used to seeing it spelled kerb).

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I've started applying for jobs, which is scary. Tell me it'll be okay guys and I won't be unemployed.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    It will be ok.
    Oh sweet god everything is not ok noooooo

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It's going to be alriight, Liiya

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    You need to get your Luck Lemur from Joe in the job thread if you haven't done so already

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Thank you Platy!

And yeah I forgot about that - thank you for reminding me!!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    love thread, Chocolate toffee magnum was acceptable. chocolate ice cream, swirled with toffee inside, dark chocolate coating with crunchy bits of toffee outside.

will buy again. you know, once its no longer winter.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Smash those jobs Liiya!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    This coming weekend is my best friend's bachelor party! We're having it in Austin, so him and two of our close friends and another close friend of his are flying in to town for the long weekend! I'm really excited!

Only I just got a text from A Guy who lives here in town, who's friends with mah biff from back when we all went to school together, and with whom I have twice in our lives had an INEXPLICABLE ATTRACTION-instigated quasi-relationship, and the text was all "HEY! [BFF] says the crew will be down here next weekend!"

And I'm like, "Hey, Biff, what did you want me to include Guy in for this weekend's plans?" Because between you and me and the wall, I'm a pretty obsessive planner and we're doing a whole list of things that they've all been informed of well in advance complete with budget notes.

So like... the issue is entirely on me, here, because none of the things we're doing, even though they're planned and budgeted for in advance, are impossible to open up to another person. And the Biff is the dude getting married, anyway, and they're friends, and it's his right to want to see another mutual friend while he's in town! But like... Guy has his own weekend going on, he hasn't been part of the whole bachelor party planning I've been doing with the actual invitees, and...

Honestly, much as people have joked in the past about me being the "mom" of the group when I'm at a PAX or whatever, and as much as I know partially it's because I am An Organizer and A Planner by personality flaw, I absolutely do not like being on the hook to make sure that everyone gets where the party is and is happy with the party at hand. Trying to coordinate a million moving pieces and make sure everyone is on board with the plan or the destination is like my nightmare scenario. So now I'm all worried because Guy said "I figure I'll just pop up where appropriate!" when I asked when he was free, which translates to me as "you'll spend your weekend keeping track of the Other Person Who Isn't Here But Might Want to Be!"

...I'm going to do some deep breathing and watch a dumb episode of a dumb TV show.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    love thread, Chocolate toffee magnum was acceptable. chocolate ice cream, swirled with toffee inside, dark chocolate coating with crunchy bits of toffee outside.

will buy again. you know, once its no longer winter.

I am currently eating a Magnum Double Caramel, and especially considering they were on sale 3 for us$3.00, it is considerably better than acceptable. Like, enjoy, +1, will buy again.

Yum.

• Options
    This coming weekend is my best friend's bachelor party! We're having it in Austin, so him and two of our close friends and another close friend of his are flying in to town for the long weekend! I'm really excited!

Only I just got a text from A Guy who lives here in town, who's friends with mah biff from back when we all went to school together, and with whom I have twice in our lives had an INEXPLICABLE ATTRACTION-instigated quasi-relationship, and the text was all "HEY! [BFF] says the crew will be down here next weekend!"

And I'm like, "Hey, Biff, what did you want me to include Guy in for this weekend's plans?" Because between you and me and the wall, I'm a pretty obsessive planner and we're doing a whole list of things that they've all been informed of well in advance complete with budget notes.

So like... the issue is entirely on me, here, because none of the things we're doing, even though they're planned and budgeted for in advance, are impossible to open up to another person. And the Biff is the dude getting married, anyway, and they're friends, and it's his right to want to see another mutual friend while he's in town! But like... Guy has his own weekend going on, he hasn't been part of the whole bachelor party planning I've been doing with the actual invitees, and...

Honestly, much as people have joked in the past about me being the "mom" of the group when I'm at a PAX or whatever, and as much as I know partially it's because I am An Organizer and A Planner by personality flaw, I absolutely do not like being on the hook to make sure that everyone gets where the party is and is happy with the party at hand. Trying to coordinate a million moving pieces and make sure everyone is on board with the plan or the destination is like my nightmare scenario. So now I'm all worried because Guy said "I figure I'll just pop up where appropriate!" when I asked when he was free, which translates to me as "you'll spend your weekend keeping track of the Other Person Who Isn't Here But Might Want to Be!"

...I'm going to do some deep breathing and watch a dumb episode of a dumb TV show.

This is probably not actually gonna help because I know you'll stress about it no matter what, but - do not worry about him. If he wants to be a late-party floater, it is his responsibility to haul himself around to whatever you guys have going on. Give him the current schedule, say "hey make it to what you can" and then walk away (mentally). Because these are adults and it's not your problem or responsibility.

• Options

Just do what I do and divest yourself emotionally of the whole situation. Being dead inside means you never have to worry about stuff like this cropping up because who cares we're all just farting sacks of meat that smell funny anyways.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Still ever the ray of fucking sunshine huh, Hacky?

• Options
    I'm from Seattle

• Options
    I'm from Seattle

you ARE Seattle.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    He's tacoma

• Options
    I am the night

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    You are the brute squad

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    speaking of sunshine it's been cold + rainy for forever and i just want 2 cuddle

except not really cos my extremities are all icy

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    As someone whose flesh is constantly the temperature of an angry star

Everyone give me all of your chilly extremeties

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    You are the brute squad

I don't understand this reference and reject it on the basis of its unknown premise

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    You are the brute squad

I don't understand this reference and reject it on the basis of its unknown premise

Princess Bride. Billy Crystal says it to Andre the Giant when he mentions being part of the brute squad.

• Options
    You are the brute squad

Princess Bride. Billy Crystal says it to Andre the Giant when he mentions being part of the brute squad.

Inconceivable...

• Options
    You are the brute squad

You what

We need to have a SERIOUS conversation some time.

This discussion has been closed.