As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] is love is love is love

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I mean I once frothed in glee about the tactical capabilities of a 28mm Australian woman with a shotgun and throwable mines in thus thread by accident so I can understand the error, but that was more due to rabid excitement than a copy paste error.

That's a very tiny woman.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Hi love thread, check out what I got my wife for her birthday:

61dng2ro9bam.jpg

I picked her up and carried her over the threshold of the garage to show her this! I told her if she wanted cut grass she would have to do it herself! True story.
    She was delighted. She never liked how I cut the grass with a reel mower.

Why doesn't she like the finish from the reel mower?

Too uneven. We have a very bumpy yard with lots of weeds and reel mowers do best with straight, flat grass. I usually follow up with a weed-whip, but it still has more of a "natural" look after cutting. At least this way she can use the self-powered mower to do it herself which she's been asking to do for years, but the reel mower is not easy to use by comparison.

Of course, our yard needs a total overhaul but that's a task for another day when we have free time to get new top soil, etc.

Of course, I also got her a bottle of 1800 Reposado and a bouquet of carnations and peonies. I'm not a complete monster.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    tynic wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I mean I once frothed in glee about the tactical capabilities of a 28mm Australian woman with a shotgun and throwable mines in thus thread by accident so I can understand the error, but that was more due to rabid excitement than a copy paste error.

That's a very tiny woman.

And she's made out of paint coated metal! Truly, her burdens are great

Solar on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    She is deadly as fuck though so watch out

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    "Jun 27 6:29 pm

There’s a lovely person between Y and I
    on your keyboard… Just look :)"

I only see another key. Which I'm glad of as I don't want someone standing on my laptop. Seriously though, today has been a day for new messages that I've not seen before.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    "That's not a person, that's a letter. It's not even a word! Go back to school."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Could go with the classic "We've got to stop meeting like this."

Fuck

I'm kind of tempted

WELL

She responded to this, and now we're trying to plan a date (again)

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Oh dear

So I met a friend of a friend about a year and a half ago when I went out with their group to a beer festival, and I flirted with him but nothing happened (which was fine, because I didn't particularly find him all that attractive once I had sobered up anyhow)

And this poor thing seems to have realized belatedly what I was aiming for at the time, and now just sends messages every few months being all heyyyyy; I responded to the first one or two with short replies but then have just gone radio silent since

The most recent one being this morning, when he messaged saying "hey! did you go to E3 this year?" and I just want to pat him on the head and say "oh my sweet summer child, I am not a member of the press, it doesn't work that way"

I'll elect to go with silence again, I think, instead

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    By the infallible laws of romantic comedy you must now get married or risk ripping the very fabric of the universe asunder.

No pressure.

(Hope you get to have that date finally.)

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Oh dear

So I met a friend of a friend about a year and a half ago when I went out with their group to a beer festival, and I flirted with him but nothing happened (which was fine, because I didn't particularly find him all that attractive once I had sobered up anyhow)

And this poor thing seems to have realized belatedly what I was aiming for at the time, and now just sends messages every few months being all heyyyyy; I responded to the first one or two with short replies but then have just gone radio silent since

The most recent one being this morning, when he messaged saying "hey! did you go to E3 this year?" and I just want to pat him on the head and say "oh my sweet summer child, I am not a member of the press, it doesn't work that way"

Ugh, get the hint, duder.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Some people aren't good at hints.

• Options
    Oh dear

He's not like, particularly scary or anything, especially compared to some folk in my past, and seemed to be pretty nice when I met him; it mostly just merits a tiny little sigh and then moving on with the rest of my day

Steam
  • Options
    Oh dear

He's not like, particularly scary or anything, especially compared to some folk in my past, and seemed to be pretty nice when I met him; it mostly just merits a tiny little sigh and then moving on with the rest of my day

I think I find it frustrating because it's such a constant source of anxiety for me that I'm that guy to people, seeing other people actually being that way just sets that off.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Oh dear

I think I find it frustrating because it's such a constant source of anxiety for me that I'm that guy to people, seeing other people actually being that way just sets that off.

For me it's always that I don't have enough social experience to pick up on subtle cues.

It it me I am the worst.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Oh dear

For me it's always that I don't have enough social experience to pick up on subtle cues.

It it me I am the worst.

I just don't want to be a burden or source of frustration to people.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Top tip: ask.

"Hey would you like some space?"
    "Hello, do you have feelings for me?"

etc

etc.

Save you a lotta trubs.

• Options
    In my experience being direct and such just pisses people off.

• Options
    They don't sound very mature then.

• Options
    My keyboard man apparently thinks letters are words.

"Jun 27 6:47 pm

Hi h r u?"

I have a practical exam tomorrow and I'm dreading it.

• Options
    Uriel, it's high time to draw the line. Put an end to this game before it's too late.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »

Hi h r u?"

No no, that's to many letters, he will never understand that. Try "idk m bff jl"

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Took me a while to remember what song that was Omni.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Someone needs to translate!

"Jun 27 3:16 pm

İnsan Papilloma Virüs'ü (HPV) cinsel yolla bulaşan enfeksiyonlardan en sık karşılaşılanlardan bir tanesi. Sonuçlarından bir tanesi cinsel bölgede oluşan siğiller. İhmal edilmesi halinde bir ağacı andıran bir ciltle baş başa kalabilirsiniz. Tahlillerse enfeksiyon kapıp kapmadığınıza dair kesin sonuç sunamıyor.

Jun 27 3:17 pm

Sorry about that wrong paste:)"

HPV?? I'm so confused.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.

• Options
    Someone needs to translate!

"Jun 27 3:16 pm

İnsan Papilloma Virüs'ü (HPV) cinsel yolla bulaşan enfeksiyonlardan en sık karşılaşılanlardan bir tanesi. Sonuçlarından bir tanesi cinsel bölgede oluşan siğiller. İhmal edilmesi halinde bir ağacı andıran bir ciltle baş başa kalabilirsiniz. Tahlillerse enfeksiyon kapıp kapmadığınıza dair kesin sonuç sunamıyor.

Jun 27 3:17 pm

Sorry about that wrong paste:)"

HPV?? I'm so confused.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.

These are my potential dating options. Woo.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

etc

etc.

Save you a lotta trubs.

Wish I could agree harder! Communication is key, as with many things. It's always better to be upfront, and even if it's scary to ask, knowing is much more comforting than struggling with the anxiety of uncertainty.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

Hi h r u?"

Ugh, he doesn't even choose only letters that sound like words.
    H isn't anything.
    Unless he has a really thick accent and is asking if you have an itch? Maybe he's just concerned about dermatitis.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Oh dear

Man I was this guy once with one girl. I look back and shake my head. For me it was only for about 3-4 months, then I went "derp" and moved on. After that I went by the 2 requests method. Try to start a conversation or go on a date or something? I'd give it two shots then time to move on!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I need to up my minimum age on bumble/tinder or something because all I'm seeing is good looking 22 year olds with government jobs and "hi you're attractive and I envy your success" is a terrible first message

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    heh the pro strategy is a little technique i like to call "pre-ghosting"

and that's where you never talk to a person you're interested in at all because you're a coward :+1:

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

and that's where you never talk to a person you're interested in at all because you're a coward :+1:

teets you been peeping my strats?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

My life in a nutshell

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

teets you been peeping my strats?

ive been not talking to women for years due to my low self-esteem, pal!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Tito you are just nailing all the pro-strats today between this and the Brexit thread

I'm very proud!!

Steam
  • Options
    My first boyfriend was the product of a guy persisting in asking me out even though I said no and just wanted to be friends, until I began to feel bad, pressured by friends, and thought "hm maybe I should how bad could it be" and it was very meh and I wasn't really into him at all but I felt kinda stuck with him then. Moral of the story: its not good and it works sometimes, don't let your friends do it!

Luckily now I don't take no crap.

• Options

etc

etc.

Save you a lotta trubs.

Wish I could agree harder! Communication is key, as with many things. It's always better to be upfront, and even if it's scary to ask, knowing is much more comforting than struggling with the anxiety of uncertainty.

Hmm good point.

I think I'll stick with replacing that anxiety with the crushing certainty of being too broken and horrible to love.

At least then I have someone to blame. Myself. :rotate:

• Options
    Tito you are just nailing all the pro-strats today between this and the Brexit thread

I'm very proud!!

im not used to compliments, im gonna have to do extensive research on how to handle this.....

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options

I'm very proud!!

im not used to compliments, im gonna have to do extensive research on how to handle this.....

Jelq.

• Options
    that's your answer for everything

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    My first boyfriend was the product of a guy persisting in asking me out even though I said no and just wanted to be friends, until I began to feel bad, pressured by friends, and thought "hm maybe I should how bad could it be" and it was very meh and I wasn't really into him at all but I felt kinda stuck with him then. Moral of the story: its not good and it works sometimes, don't let your friends do it!

Luckily now I don't take no crap.

Aw geez...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    that's your answer for everything

It hasn't steered me wrong yet.

This discussion has been closed.