As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Are we still looking forward to [Podcasts]? What if I told you... Austin was leaving?

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    None of the xmen movies have ever made me care about any xmen characters, or any xmen media for that matter

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the only thing about those movies I liked was when peter dinklage got to play a major character and the fact that he was a little person was never even touched on

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    See, I thought First Class was mostly terrible. There were glimpses of a good movie there that focused on Charles and Erik to the exclusion of every other character in the film save Kevin Bacon

But like, the stuff I'm hearing about characters having like one line, or having nothing to do. Those sort of critiques immediately remind me of all the problems with First Class.

Maddoc on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I think it's probably as bad as Origins.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Stuff like this is why I keep putting off listening to Idle Weekend! It happens every time I think about getting into it!

When the show has only 2 people on it and one of them is going to always have points of view that very often baffle me, that does not make for a very enticing show

Cause I'm just all question marks right now

To be fair, Apocalypse is not terrible. It's at least a dumb fun time and worth watching for that.

But it's 3 stars to Civil War's 5.

sig.gif
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Now I haven't seen Apocalypse yet

But the things I'm hearing about it make me suspect it's more like First Class than DoFP

It's... more like Last Stand than anything.

It's a better Last Stand though.

sig.gif
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Yeop, it staggers right over that bar just lyin on the ground

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Storm has a motivation problem, Psylocke and Angel are 100% stone-cold fucking wasted cardboard cut-outs and Jubilee is basically nothing more than a cameo

But it's got some of the best Cyclops, Jean, Quicksilver and Nightcrawler bits

But please let Jennifer Lawrence off those movies, it's obvious she has no interest in being in them.

sig.gif
    Oh and
    everyone finally FINALLY gets the right outfits at the end except Storm but then the movie ends

Well Jean doesn't get her head thing and Kurt only has red on his top instead of a full Thriller jacket but Cyclops finally looks right AND THEN IT ENDS

sig.gif
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    those tweets feel really combative

and i guess i don't understand why "i liked a movie" needs to be combative?

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Oh and
    everyone finally FINALLY gets the right outfits at the end except Storm but then the movie ends

Well Jean doesn't get her head thing and Kurt only has red on his top instead of a full Thriller jacket but Cyclops finally looks right AND THEN IT ENDS

Seriously
    They spent the whole climax of the movie wearing generic sci-fi armour, and then get those great outfits for an ending shot? They better be wearing that shit full time in the next one, cus I want me some fucking 90s ass Cyclops.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    zjs8buw0dsd5.png

I did a logo for a podcast for @GR_Zombie

My first real completely original design for one of these! Yaaaay!

Podcast hasn't started yet, but the description I was given is basically a look back at horror movie franchises, good and bad.

No I don't.
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

You're not allowed to like things unless other things are bad, see.

sig.gif
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

when you post a contrary opinion on the internet you kind of expect people to come at you, which may or may not be what you're going for

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    It wasn't until a full half hour into this Flop House that I realized Gods of Egypt is not Exodus: Gods and Kings, and that those are, in fact, two different movies

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Which is the one where Ray Winstone gets blown

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Ray gets blown in the first one. Don't remember Winston getting blown at all. Maybe that's the cartoon?

No I don't.
    Someone in Hollywood must've had an ancient Egypt boner a few years back because the intro in Apocalypse goes all in on fhat aesthetic too.

sig.gif
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ray gets blown in the first one. Don't remember Winston getting blown at all. Maybe that's the cartoon?

Top marks.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited May 2016
    I swear as a kid I assumed Ray had been possessed and was waiting for a turn with his character.

Then again this is when I was 5 or so and I was scared to the point of hiding my face while watching the Tom Hank's classic "The Burbs".

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Someone in Hollywood must've had an ancient Egypt boner a few years back because the intro in Apocalypse goes all in on fhat aesthetic too.

The introduction to En Sabah Nur absolutely should go all in on the ancient Egypt aesthetic, though. Like, if you want to tell Apocalypse's origin story, that's where it starts.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

The introduction to En Sabah Nur absolutely should go all in on the ancient Egypt aesthetic, though. Like, if you want to tell Apocalypse's origin story, that's where it starts.

Oh totally.

It just made me wanna snark about Gods of Egypt watching it because damn if that intro doesn't go full Stargate.

sig.gif
    edited May 2016
    Man watching Uncharted 1 it's crazy how basic the level geometry is. I remember thinking that game was gorgeous, you could get away with a lot with pretty characters and water back then.

Kinda want Brad to do that feature with the Arkham games next.

Except those are Unreal Engine so there probably isn't anyone at Rocksteady who'll do a deep dive on the programming like that.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I swear as a kid I assumed Ray had been possessed and was waiting for a turn with his character.

Then again this is when I was 5 or so and I was scared to the point of hiding my face while watching the Tom Hank's classic "The Burbs".

The burbs was fantastic

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    Drake you're gonna get athlete's foot if you keep getting your shoes wet like that

Hope you brought toe cream

sig.gif
    Whoa holy shit that secret adaptive difficulty meter

I didn't even know Uncharted HAD adaptive difficulty

sig.gif
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The new Flop House is on Gods of Egypt

Wait this movie actually came out? Is that the recent one?

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Because it is the internet! How dare you have an opinion?!

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

when you post a contrary opinion on the internet you kind of expect people to come at you, which may or may not be what you're going for

i get that for the first one, which i think is a fair and valid point, i don't begrudge going on the defensive like that

but, like, why immediately launch into "captain mcboringface"

that's the part that feels unnecessarily combative to me

The Uncharted 2 train actually loops in a circle until you reach certain checkpoints where it cheats you in a part where you can't see the scenery and teleports you to a different loop

This feature is fascinating, you guys.

sig.gif
    Annnd the Uncharted 3 boat actually modeled the waves and had the boat's movements actually float on them.

With the swimming pool's water being a second water model that itself keeps up with the boat.

sig.gif
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    This snoop dogg/dbz/esports joke Austin Walker just made has killed me.

This is a good interview

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

what the fuck happened to twitch plays pokemon

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Are they pkaying pokemoe again

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Whoa
    Pokémon Battle Revolution
    is fresh as hell

VayBJ4e.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    http://screenrant.com/every-season-power-rangers-ranked/

i feel like there should have been a metric for grading each series' costumes

or maybe that should be a separate list

uc3ufTB.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

I'd probably tune a bit combative as well if I knew the tweet I was about to make, no matter the tone, was going to get shit on by a hundred man children

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Especially if you're a woman.

This discussion has been closed.