As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Yeah still not working, I own hitman 1 and 2 but the only thing the access is detecting I have is the expansion season pass for 2. ah well.

Edit: gah terrible top of page apologies

I wish there was a way to check my entire purchase history on Xbox. I have a suspicion it might be due to the fact that I share my console with another Xbox in the house and maybe it was purchased on that profile and I only have shared access to it? Gah so confusing. There’s no way to check on which profile I actually bought it

Edit: ok this might be it, I bought hitman 1 complete season 1 on this profile, but as far as I can tell I didn’t buy hitman 2 on this profile, but the one I used to use on my other old Xbox. But I bought the season pass for 2 on this profile, and that’s working. Which must be what’s causing the issues, even tho I can’t get access to hitman 1 either so I’m assuming it’s the wrong edition or something. Ah well. That’s what I get for losing track of where I bought what and for Microsoft having such a good share system that I forget where I even bought games because I still have access to them on both consoles

Prohass on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Huh. This was a cool first for me in a hitman game in the British mansion level.
    Target very kindly offed herself after I solved the case. She went outside, climbed the ledge and jumped. 47 just walked out and left.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Huh. This was a cool first for me in a hitman game in the British mansion level.
    Target very kindly offed herself after I solved the case. She went outside, climbed the ledge and jumped. 47 just walked out and left.

Wait she does?
    I pushed her cos I thought she was just idly leaning on the ledge so I went for it haha.

Prohass on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »

Wait she does?
    I pushed her cos I thought she was just idly leaning on the ledge so I went for it haha.
    there's apparently a specific bit of information relating to her dead brother (not the currently murdered brother) that you have to present to her

but i don't actually know where it is

• Options
    Haha cracked up during the China level

“Shhh! Don’t say that stuff out loud, someone could be listening!”
    “Psh nobodies listening!”

Two feet away *stares in agent 47*

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »

Wait she does?
    there's apparently a specific bit of information relating to her dead brother (not the currently murdered brother) that you have to present to her

but i don't actually know where it is

I can explain.
    So you fine the item that opens the hidden passages and go into the one on the second floor of the library. Get the item inside and present that info to the target as the murder solution. Then as a reward ask for the file, so don’t steal it beforehand. Do this and watch what happens.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Man the cloth physics are off the chart, the vineyard level is just me staring at everyone’s clothes

Edit: haha what an annoying glitch, I hid a body in some grass, but when I load the save it goes flying out of the grass into some guests

Prohass on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

I own Hitman 2 on disc and to get the base levels in 3 I had to redeem the free starter pack for Hitman 2, then go through the store page in Hitman 2 to get the pass for free (this is all on XB).

Hitman 1 isn't free for me yet in spite having the legacy levels in 2, I'm re-downloading 1 to make sure everything is square.

• Options
    I love that hitman only makes sense if it’s a parallel universe where everyone has face and hair blindness

• Options
    I choose to believe that 47 is actually really good at disguises and the game only portrays him the same to help us, the players, have an easier time identifying him.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    There's one thing that I think IO could have done to make the presentation for these games better

And that's get actual people from the regions you're in to do the voice acting

The fact that everyone just talks 'Merican or Bri'ish even though you're in Italy, France, Morocco, or Japan is just... it's just weird

I would even accept bad regional accents, honestly

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I choose to believe that 47 is actually really good at disguises and the game only portrays him the same to help us, the players, have an easier time identifying him.

Or it’s just an entire universe humouring him Truman show style. Which would explain whey everyone just goes with it when he does terrible dialogue impressions

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Olivaw wrote: »
    There's one thing that I think IO could have done to make the presentation for these games better

The fact that everyone just talks 'Merican or Bri'ish even though you're in Italy, France, Morocco, or Japan is just... it's just weird

The thing is there’s got to be plenty of voice actors capable of doing this genuinely, like is it difficult to find a voice actor with a genuine Arabic accent for the Dubai sections? I’m pretty sure there is actually Arabic accents because the sheik has one, unless I’m misremembering. It’s more distracting because there are some accents and then it’ll go back to everyone sounding English, the inconsistency makes it stand out

Prohass on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

I own Hitman 2 on disc and to get the base levels in 3 I had to redeem the free starter pack for Hitman 2, then go through the store page in Hitman 2 to get the pass for free (this is all on XB).

Hitman 1 isn't free for me yet in spite having the legacy levels in 2, I'm re-downloading 1 to make sure everything is square.

The H1 thing is a known issue, they say they have a fix but they have to wait for Microsoft to help with it

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    theres that guy in apex predator who wants you to find his drugs for him and he flags me down in the parking lot to ask for help so im like

hes gonna say drug things so let me get close so he can whisper to me the drug things

and i guess i got too close and he called the cops on me for it

he is now a target when i reload my game

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

My dumb take is that I like how fake the voices are because there's a weird air of artificiality to the whole game and that contributes heavily to it

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Doing fake accents is increasingly seen as racist, so I understand why they avoid it. They do hire actors with authentic accents when they can - see Mumbai and Colombia.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

The H1 thing is a known issue, they say they have a fix but they have to wait for Microsoft to help with it

Yeah, I initially stopped scrolling on my own link once I hit the vr stuff, kinda wish they'd mentioned that in the instructions above.

• Options
    My Ingram takedown was some of the most Bugs Bunny shit I've ever done in this franchise
    After failing to take the initiative the first time because I was waiting to see how things played out, I reloaded and quickly walked out to the deck myself, and after looking around for what to do I saw the rail.

The second I think Ingram isn't looking I take the prompt and 47 then bends down to noisily tamper with it, then after a few seconds of nothing new happening I spot the lean prompt and Ingram comically stops his spiel to join me with a new spiel he doesn't get to finish.

• Options
    This thread title is questionable tbh, so far I've had more fun with the three levels I've played in 3 so far than I had in 2

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i'm just saying what i feel

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I'll say this about the Berlin level: it's a shame you can't stealth kill in the middle of a crowd. Imagine the dance floor, bass too loud to hear anything, and you just quietly sidle up to someone, pop two silenced shots into their lungs and quickly walk away, leaving everyone to think the dude what just collapsed must've taken some bad ex

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    okay how does the import stuff work if I'm moving over to Xbox, where I haven't played these games before

if I buy the first two games does it just carry over into 3 no problem?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    okay how does the import stuff work if I'm moving over to Xbox, where I haven't played these games before

if I buy the first two games does it just carry over into 3 no problem?

The Import function isn't perfect, but if you're saying that you played 1 and/or 2 on PC and are now planning to play on XBox, I believe the order of operations would be:

1. Buy and install Hitman 3
    2. Boot it up and disregard the initial prompt for Carryover
    3. Tab over to the Hitman 3 Store section with the various "Access Passes" for Hitman 1&2; purchase those you want.
    4. Return to the initial menu screen, select the Carryover box.
    5. During Carryover you'll get to choose the Import Destination, and you just have to select your Xbox account.

If you're goal is just importing unlocks, rather than destinations & unlocks, you may not need to re-purchase 1&2.

• Options
    The actual carryover website is just for unlocks and progression stuff. If you never played on that platform, you don't need to do it, just buy the access passes.

Note: right now the Hitman 2 Expansion Pass is on sale for $10 on the Xbox store while the Access Pass for the same content is $40. Just buy the hitman 2 version, it will unlock the access pass for free and save you $30

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Berlin is very good from top to bottom
    following a guy through a rave crowd who's a shark but you're a much, much bigger one is so cool

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I'm getting hard crashes after every mission. The dubai one eventually worked but can't get passed the mansion at all, plus stuff that has nothing to do with being online is locked unless you have connection. Cant believe that process has survived all 3 games.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    more Berlin
    dressing up as the club owner is so dang cool! You get to call 5 of the agents directly to you, but they know you're 47, but you know they know you're 47

then you get to flip the table, literally, on the main guy and have a full shootout with him and his crew in the owner's office

my new mission is to figure out how to take down all 11 agents before they evacuate. I'm thinking, explosives

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I played through dubai and then like a dumbass decided to just spend a bunch of time in paris and sapienza again

Finally got around to doing some silent assassin suit only runs! I always thought those seemed sorta lame because the whole fun to me was doing big dramatic accidents using goofy disguises, but it was actually really fun to figure out the route to pulling it off in sapienza

I started off in the funeral home, grabbed the dongle and keycard, used the apartment building roof to climb into the kitchen, drew away enough cooks to poison the spaghetti with emetic, snuck out and rung the bell, fiber-wired silvio while he puked, went down to the lab and killed the virus, then killed francesca when she came down to check on it

Good times!

Anyway now I'm just going through all the campaigns now to build up to actually playing the hitman 3 maps

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I played through dubai and then like a dumbass decided to just spend a bunch of time in paris and sapienza again

Finally got around to doing some silent assassin suit only runs! I always thought those seemed sorta lame because the whole fun to me was doing big dramatic accidents using goofy disguises, but it was actually really fun to figure out the route to pulling it off in sapienza

I started off in the funeral home, grabbed the dongle and keycard, used the apartment building roof to climb into the kitchen, drew away enough cooks to poison the spaghetti with emetic, snuck out and rung the bell, fiber-wired silvio while he puked, went down to the lab and killed the virus, then killed francesca when she came down to check on it

Good times!

Anyway now I'm just going through all the campaigns now to build up to actually playing the hitman 3 maps

Given how much you like Paris and Sapienza, I think you're going to really enjoy Berlin

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    47, knows the importance of both being coordinated and also potassium
    h27uw6fnkwow.jpg

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    So, cursed question here.

What party will be the first to create a meme that says "President 47" and which cursed creature of the beltway is most likely to be pictured on it?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for the Steam release, so haven't really followed news on 3 too much yet, but had a few questions:

1. Did all the content from the first two games port over? I know initially the Christmas level from H1 was not in H2, and then they only added it temporarily before finally adding it permanently a year later. Also was wondering if they kept the sniper maps and that multiplayer mode from H2. I also remember a bunch of Escalations never crossed over, but don't care as much about those as long as the fun ones made it.
    2. Are they still being dumb about Elusive Targets or have they finally come to their senses and started adding the content to the game permanently instead of the dumb time-limited + attempt-limited thing they were doing before?
    3. Did they nerf any of the really powerful items you could unlock later in H2 like the detonating phone and such?
    4. I haven't seen it anywhere, so I'm guessing no dual-wielding Silverballers? I figured that would return in this one like the sniper case returned in H2.
    5. What are the new features like H2 adding the tall grass and working mirrors?

Thanks for your time.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the Steam release, so haven't really followed news on 3 too much yet, but had a few questions:

1. Did all the content from the first two games port over? I know initially the Christmas level from H1 was not in H2, and then they only added it temporarily before finally adding it permanently a year later. Also was wondering if they kept the sniper maps and that multiplayer mode from H2. I also remember a bunch of Escalations never crossed over, but don't care as much about those as long as the fun ones made it.
    2. Are they still being dumb about Elusive Targets or have they finally come to their senses and started adding the content to the game permanently instead of the dumb time-limited + attempt-limited thing they were doing before?
    3. Did they nerf any of the really powerful items you could unlock later in H2 like the detonating phone and such?
    4. I haven't seen it anywhere, so I'm guessing no dual-wielding Silverballers? I figured that would return in this one like the sniper case returned in H2.

Thanks for your time.

1. I'm not sure if EVERYTHING ported over, especially considering I have no clue what Christmas level you're talking about, but all Destinations are present, including all Sniper levels.
    2. I'm not sure we know how they're doing Elusive Targets, or if they are. I don't think any previous Elusive Targets carried over as supplemental content.
    3. I don't know that anything was nerfed, but I think I saw mention that some items were removed altogether. Which, uh, I guess that's an Extreme Nerf.
    4. Dunno.
    5. I haven't noticed any new mechanics, unless you count scanning things with the Phone. Presumably they spent more time getting the VR mode working based on existing functions.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Dual wielding pistols makes VERY little sense in Hitman as it exists now

It is very much Not A Shooter

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    The Christmas level was fun. It’s set in Paris, with you against the Home Alone robbers. Santa is also teleporting around the level, if you wanted a new suit or revenge for not getting that Nintendo you asked for.

• Options
    The Electrocution Phone from the Bank level mastery has been removed, which is fair because it completely broke elusive targets as it was as close to a 100% thing as you can get in hitman

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    i never touched the hitman 2 dlc so i'm excited to get around to that

is Patient Zero fun? that's another big piece of extra content i never played, is it worth going through or is it more of an "eh if you've played everything else and you're bored then why not"

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    i never touched the hitman 2 dlc so i'm excited to get around to that

is Patient Zero fun? that's another big piece of extra content i never played, is it worth going through or is it more of an "eh if you've played everything else and you're bored then why not"

The finale is really cool, and there's a neat if gimmicky sniper mission, the other two are alright from what I've seen.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Lars wrote: »

Thanks for your time.

1. almost. The holiday missions, Hokkaido Snow Festival and Holiday Hoarders are not, but every other mission is. H1 escalations aren't in either, but I'm assuming they're coming. Ghost Mode is out, Sniper Assassin (with co-op) is in.
    2. No one knows. (also while time-limited was annoying having only one attempt was cool tbh)
    3. As said previously, Electrocution Phone was just removed, nothing else was nerfed afaik. However, there was at least 1 buff, the unlockable sniper rifle from the Siberia Sniper Assassin mode mission, the Druzhina 34 ICA Arctic, got infinite wall piercing, which is probably a bug but it is hilarious.
    4. No
    5. The main new "mechanics" is the more complicated objectives and less "hand-holding," if you want to call it that. It didn't really add a ton of new features.

EDIT: Just checked in game, most if not all the H1 escalations are in, my bad

Crippl3 on