As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Also in the past when they've done remixes of the maps they went hard on some of them, like adding a whole movie set to sapienza.

Yeah they mentioned the movie set as an example.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Couscous wrote: »
    That Agent 47 still cannot wear woman's clothing and disguise himself as various female NPCs is a crime

eh, remember how well that went when they showed the Fallout 4 male protagonist in a dress

there will be an outcry from every corner of the internet, and frankly considering how aware the game is of its own comedic leanings it's very easy to see how 47 in a skirt being thought of as played for laughs will be taken very badly

on the subject of maps, while I am excited to see what else we can do with the maps already in the game, I would love a map where we have to eliminate/confront the handler for the Berlin agents, Jiao

just, really drive that message home

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Yeah I wouldn't want 47 to crossdress given how the game is primarily viewed as comedy when it comes to video content and stuff.

Also honestly while the DLC maps are cool I've always wanted them to just keep re-mixing the very solid map work they already have over extra maps or god awful elusives.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    I can kind of buy 47 flying under the radar as he impersonates men due to people not really paying attention and him avoiding those that do. Suspension of disbelief, right? That goes out the window once you try to slap his 6'2", broad-shouldered, bald, very muscular ass into, say, Yuki Yamazaki's outfit.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I can kind of buy 47 flying under the radar as he impersonates men due to people not really paying attention and him avoiding those that do. Suspension of disbelief, right? That goes out the window once you try to slap his 6'2", broad-shouldered, bald, very muscular ass into, say, Yuki Yamazaki's outfit.

I mean, the issue is that there are 100% both cis and trans women who fit that.

And also that people, like you, will view it as a joke or somehow less believable than agent 47 being the perfect rock drummer or fashion model replacement.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    see i would just think he wears the woman waiter's outfit and it magically fits him as a men's waiter's outfit. but having npcs that you can't disguise as is a good gameplay wrinkle

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular

I mean, the issue is that there are 100% both cis and trans women who fit that.

And also that people, like you, will view it as a joke or somehow less believable than agent 47 being the perfect rock drummer or fashion model replacement.

Oh, I totally buy that 47 could impersonate a female character who's more physically similar to him under the right circumstances (less revealing clothing, hair hidden under a big hat or is actually a wig that you can appropriate). If he learned to drum in his prep-work for assassination, he can probably also pitch his voice to a feminine range.

But it would be funny, yes.

• Options
    it is important to the hitman aesthetic that 47's disguises look pretty shitty to the player yet flawlessly fool npcs

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    It amused me greatly in Chongqing that
    this is supposed to be a secure ICA facility and yet in minutes I overheard employees openly discussing that they're in costume and talking to themselves about access codes.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Must every civilian in Hitman be a hopeless busybody? What I wouldn't give for someone that sees a sinister bald man choking somebody out and decides it's none of their business and they would be safer walking away and not getting involved.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So I started doing the new escalations. The second Dubai one is pretty neat as there is a gold magical devil man who stands around near the victims and vanishes in a flash of light. First time you just have to kill three people anyway you can, second it is five people but you have to do specific deaths like electrocution, explosion, drowning, such like that but the stuff you need to do those are pretty close nearby. Third time the devil is standing right at the start and guides you over to a table with a gold plated SMG which you now have to kill those same five targets with and also 47 is now the gold devil and you can't change outfits.

It was pretty fun in a, fuck this I'm just shooting lots of people, way. I found the trick to the last stage is to take out a guard and get his silenced pistol to use on all, non-target, npcs and save the smg for the targets, then just stealth kill anyone needed to clear the way.

Also at the end you get the devil outfit, a gold suitcase, and the gold SMG unlocked to use wherever.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I hope they fix the challenges soon, there’s quite a lot on the Mendoza level that don’t register

• Options
    edited January 2021
    If anyone is trying to get the motorbike exit challenge on Dartmoor, you have to go around the far side of the bike and use it.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Man I’m missing one location in Mendoza. I’ve been into the roof and top area of the villa, and the cave and like corridor and dressing room there. Can’t think of what I’m missing. I bet it’s some bathroom somewhere

Edit: soon as I posted I found it. That small security room at the very start of the level, had missed it

Still haven’t gotten mastery tho cos the grape pacify and collecting the 3 wines challenges won’t work. Ah well everything else is done, I’ll just do some of the classics to get to mastery

I hate how sometimes you can pacify the lawyer at the start of Mendoza and other times there’s just no way, you get spotted by the details on the targets or even when they pass somehow you get spotted no matter what

Prohass on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    It amused me greatly in Chongqing that
    this is supposed to be a secure ICA facility and yet in minutes I overheard employees openly discussing that they're in costume and talking to themselves about access codes.

The weakest link in any security system is always, always, the people using it

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    also I managed to kill all 11 agents in berlin before they evacuated. It seems like there might have been an achievement tied to it but was partially removed? In any case Jiao does address you afterwards though, it sounds like you broke the poor woman

now, let me eliminate her

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    just did Mendoza for the first time, had a rad thing happen to me :rotate:

Took almost 2 hours, fucked up Silent Assassin because the wrong person drank poison
    Whatever, I'll go explore and finish some of the challenges I was almost done with then reload
    I find the rest of the QR codes and finish all locations, so I go to load. Load failed. On every save, manual and auto.
    OK fine, fuck you game, so I go kill Yates with
    the pen to the eye (I can somehow trigger this whole bit despite the fact I'm dressed as one of his mercenaries?)
    dump him in the closet and go to the exit. Well, there's only one exit, it's
    Diana.
    So I go down there, the exit is locked, and I watch as
    Diana walks through a wall and walks off the map.
    Alright, fuck you again game, I go to the
    boat
    since I got the keys earlier. No exit prompt. Can't load any save, both targets are dead, and
    Diana is currently about 3 miles off the map.
    Two, almost three, hours, no fucking completion. At least it counted most of my challenges! Fuck this game man, I was really enjoying that run too and excited to go to the last level too, but if my saves are getting fucked maybe I shouldn't.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Jesus yeah that’s bullshit, I never had anything that bad

Playing the sniper missions and they’re really annoying, you can’t do any of the fun clever stuff without everyone being alerted. Like if you cause an accident to happen everyone still gets alerted and starts evacuating. I’m not sure what the point is, there seems to be civilian workers everywhere and they see eveyrhigng, and there’s no good way to tell whether they’ll spot your kill. I’m guessing I have to basically watch the sequence happen entirely and find the optimal moments, rather than trying stuff out

Prohass on
  • Options
    Uh. I found a really wild completely unmarked extraction in Berlin.
    There is graffiti of a thing and a number on a concrete wall. I took a photo of it and it added it to my intel as mysterious. I wandered around looking for somewhere to plug it in and happened to check the gas station at the very start. I used the phone and typed in the number and a UFO abducts 47, extracting him.

Also I've been doing all the challenges on the new maps, just finished China when I noticed that there are no longer any challenges or unlocks tied to Master difficulty. You can just ignore that unless your super want the leaderboard.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    boy Dubai is a really uninspiring start to this game

• Options
    I think this is the weakest set of maps overall, it's more experimental than hitman 2 which was basically a straight mission pack but the experiments often miss. berlin is fantastic though

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    My impression of the maps in 3 is that they are built to be friendly to dlc (escalations, elusive targets and new missions) because they're not making more any maps

That kind of means that the map design at launch is going to feel like a lot of unfulfilled promise, cause it is

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I honestly LOVE the maps in 3 (except Dartmoor)
    Dubai is a classic rich-person-party but has some nice verticality leading to a lot of interesting routes. Berlin is a total sandbox with a bunch of things you can do your way and a lot of mini-mission story type content, like the
    food delivery guy or the shootout.
    Mendoza is a gorgeous map with a lot of fun opportunities and a good target loop, also I love the stories in it. Chongqing I think is a bit weaker than those tbh, though I adore the
    ICA facility and the crazy mind control sci fi bullshit lab that Hush has.
    I haven't played Carpathian Mountains yet, and I honestly think Dartmoor is really wasted, like @WeedLordVegeta says it feels like it hopefully will be better with an alternate mission, having only one target and like
    2 ways to get the case file
    is lame and leaves so much wasted space.

• Options
    The last of the escalations for Dartmoor is kinda neat because you have to,
    Shove a shotgun into multiple dudes' faces, shoot them, and just keep fucking running.

I've only just gotten to really dig into Mendoza. Just have the challenges in that and then try to figure out how to do suit only silent assassin in Carpathian Mountains.

• Options
    My impression of the maps in 3 is that they are built to be friendly to dlc (escalations, elusive targets and new missions) because they're not making more any maps

That kind of means that the map design at launch is going to feel like a lot of unfulfilled promise, cause it is

I would say that sapienzia is one of the most egregious examples of that but world of tomorrow is also a better mission than most of this game's

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

I would say that sapienzia is one of the most egregious examples of that but world of tomorrow is also a better mission than most of this game's

I like Sapienza a lot. I think part of the balance is that while it has a lot wasted space, that does help create the feeling that you are exploring a town for opportunities and secrets better than any of the other maps.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I like Dartmoor and Mendoza for giving me a lot of opportunities to have other people do the tedious killing for me.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    I think the wine collecting challenge on Mendoza is bugged, unless you have to get very specific bottles of the three types. I ended up with like a dozen of each and only one counted.

• Options
    I thought Dubai was pretty incredible and I loved all the maps in this for their own reasons. Course I never actually played 1 and 2, going back and doing that now

It’s super interesting seeing the prologue in 1, because it’s the same as in 3 but 3 redid the visuals. So it’s interesting to see how much has improved, especially on my series X. Crazy how much aliasing and how low res all the textures and lighting is. I’ve gotten used to fancy graphics so quickly

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    I like Dartmoor and Mendoza for giving me a lot of opportunities to have other people do the tedious killing for me.

I do love all kill by proxy challenges

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Oh sweet hitman 1 has a quality setting and you can unlock the frame rate. Looks way better now and runs super fast on my series x

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    -Tal wrote: »

I like Sapienza a lot. I think part of the balance is that while it has a lot wasted space, that does help create the feeling that you are exploring a town for opportunities and secrets better than any of the other maps.

I would also say that part of what makes Sapienza such a great map is you can spend a lot of time wandering around the town section, which seems completely irrelevant to the mission, and constantly stumble on threads that lead you right back to the Caruso mansion

Like you're saying, it feels less like unused space and more like a haystack to hide the needles in

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Finished replaying the main story missions from the first two games last night (and the dlc maps from 2, which I hadn't played before)
    -Paris rules, it's a perfect intro to these maps
    -Sapienza still rules but the virus still feels kinda like busywork
    -Marrakesh is frustrating to me. I have a hard time finding ways to do anything discretely in the city streets, and the school is sort of boring. I like the consulate, but that's only about a third of the map.
    -Colorado is better than I remembered it being
    -Hokkaido's an all-timer. Just a chef's kiss of a level.
    -Bangkok and Marrakesh both still feel kinda lackluster to me which is a shame, though i also haven't spent a ton of time in either so maybe I'll learn to like them more if i dig into the challenges on 'em
    -Miami still rules
    -Columbia iiiiiis fine
    -The thing I don't like about Marrakesh is that Mumbai almost feels like it has the opposite problem. The streets are super crowded, but there's lots of little areas to sneak around in and get shit done and it's fun to explore. On the other hand the tower feels a little too locked down to really be fun.
    -I think Whittleton Creek is a weaker map but the theming is so fun that I don't care that much
    -Isle of Sgail is a blast.
    -The bank fuckin' rules. Looking forward to spending more time there once I play through the 3 maps finally.
    -The resort is also really great. Nothin' like stealing something for somebody, killing them to steal it back, and then giving it to someone else and killing them too. It's also very funny to me that the one connecting thread between the bank and the resort mechanically is that they invented a mechanic for NPCs slipping and falling.

• Options
    now can ye find the pirate's treasure, matey

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Finished replaying the main story missions from the first two games last night (and the dlc maps from 2, which I hadn't played before)
    -Paris rules, it's a perfect intro to these maps
    -Sapienza still rules but the virus still feels kinda like busywork
    -Marrakesh is frustrating to me. I have a hard time finding ways to do anything discretely in the city streets, and the school is sort of boring. I like the consulate, but that's only about a third of the map.
    -Colorado is better than I remembered it being
    -Hokkaido's an all-timer. Just a chef's kiss of a level.
    -Bangkok and Marrakesh both still feel kinda lackluster to me which is a shame, though i also haven't spent a ton of time in either so maybe I'll learn to like them more if i dig into the challenges on 'em
    -Miami still rules
    -Columbia iiiiiis fine
    -The thing I don't like about Marrakesh is that Mumbai almost feels like it has the opposite problem. The streets are super crowded, but there's lots of little areas to sneak around in and get shit done and it's fun to explore. On the other hand the tower feels a little too locked down to really be fun.
    -I think Whittleton Creek is a weaker map but the theming is so fun that I don't care that much
    -Isle of Sgail is a blast.
    -The bank fuckin' rules. Looking forward to spending more time there once I play through the 3 maps finally.
    -The resort is also really great. Nothin' like stealing something for somebody, killing them to steal it back, and then giving it to someone else and killing them too. It's also very funny to me that the one connecting thread between the bank and the resort mechanically is that they invented a mechanic for NPCs slipping and falling.

Marrakesh shines in the bonus mission where it's nighttime, and the task is to fine the little corners and opportunities to take out the targets.

• Options
    now can ye find the pirate's treasure, matey

I didn’t even know about this escalation until yesterday and then saw that it unlocks a pirate outfit for 47 and immediately tried it but the map
    piece in the bottle glitched out on me and I didn’t have time to restart.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Mendoza question:
    How am I messing up the Eyes on Target mission story? I follow the steps, get the snipers ready to shoot Vidal, take out the bodyguards, the guide says to order the shot, I do, they shoot her, and it says 'mission story missed'.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Mendoza question:
    How am I messing up the Eyes on Target mission story? I follow the steps, get the snipers ready to shoot Vidal, take out the bodyguards, the guide says to order the shot, I do, they shoot her, and it says 'mission story missed'.

I've heard people having issues with it registering. Someone said they did it as Diana is saying something. I'd just save right before ordering and keep loading till it pops.

• Options
    I couldn’t get it to work until it glitched and was showing the bullet travelling but nothing happening, so I manually shot the target myself with my silenced pistol and it registered. So it’s definitely broken. In order to get mastery on Mendoza I had to do some of the classic challenges as the collect wines and pacify someone with grapes challenges aren’t working for me

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    My favourite thing is doing Sniper Assassin by knocking a target out, shooting them with the rifle point blank and then carefully packing things away, it's brilliantly dumb. That said, a sniper rifle is probably the easiest way to get SO/SA in Chongqing and Dartmoor so it's not all bad.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO