As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I read that SE were selling them but that could be inaccurate info. But yeah, Hitman rather than Kane & Lynch please. It seems like they're over their appalling grindhouse obsession.

Going through translations of their shareholder statement, they're divesting themselves from I/O, which could mean that they're letting I/O buy itself out or that they're putting the studio up for sale. I doubt that they're also giving up the Hitman IP - at least not without getting paid for it, and that's money that I/O probably doesn't have if they are going solo.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I suppose if SE wanted to be super nice cool guys they could always license the IP but not fund the game. I don't see why they would though.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    A Kane & Lynch prequel, showing how Kane originally made his money as an international assassin with a penchant for disguises...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Forgot how good this game was; with the glut of new releases that dropped in Late Winter/Early Spring I hadn't touched the game in months. Definitely a shame if this is the last Hitman for awhile (there's no way no one is securing this IP).

It also looks pretty dog gone fantastic on a PRO.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    It's going to be real sad if IO don't get to keep making these. I can understand why sales were so low though. It was a really off putting model and the sequel to a very bad game. I certainly took a long time to bite.

I think their late change to said model didn't help either, I know plenty of people who had no clue that it switched to online only initially. I'm curious how it would have gone had they went with "Here's the first few levels on disc, more to come".

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    New Elusive Target up.
    And this one looks pretty interesting.

edit-
    Another target down.
    Another Silent Assassin achieved.

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Got him myself as well. Need one more Silent Assassin for the winter suit. I think there's one more target to come. No pressure!
    My guy was doing a loop in the bathouse so it was pretty easy to clear the pool, shut the doors and poke him with a needle. I did notice that the other two possibles met up and had a short chat, while the target was on his own, I wonder if that's the case for every combination or if it was a coincidence.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nice idea, but it's pretty easy to game the system.
    Just figure out a way to get SA on one of the possible targets, then reload each time you get a non-target kill.
    I took out the director and found the files in his office anyway, then poisoned a drink and waited.
    If they made identifying him a separate objective, it'd have been a lot harder.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Huh,
    I thought getting the wrong one would be an instant fail, like the lawyer in the Guru or the wrong twin. Much more forgiving.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I thought that killing wrong target might lock me into the save the same way killing the right one would, so i did it the right way.
    I like the concept in this one, hopefully they can add similar tactics in regular missions in season 2.

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    The last Elusive Target (for this season?) is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SJylAbvXrI&t=0s

I slid under the wire and got the Winter Suit, hurrah!

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    So much for their promise that physical purchasers would be able to unlock everything, huh?

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    It's really impressive just how much the Elusive system turned me off this game.

I'll probably wait for season 2 to be done and on sale before I bother with it.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    There's been at least five Elusive targets since the January disc release, that's enough to get everything unlocked.

Checking, it looks like there's been 7 and at least one on each of the maps so yeah, it was possible to bag all of the suits.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    There are suits for doing 10/13 elusives.

• Options
    Well, this elusive did not go accordig to plan, 9 completely unrelated people dead.
    Well, semi unrelated, 2 soldiers, waiter, one of the actual targets of the regular night time Marrakesh mission, bunch of bodyguards, but still...
    No Silent Assassin for me today (good thing i already got the coat).

• Options
    eh, I missed at least one of those other suits I think and I got the game back in November. Can't say I'm that bothered. Obviously YMMV but the big coat was all I wanted because it's very different from the others.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I hope they loop the elusive targets. I can't really play this at the moment.

• Options
    Rotating the elusive targets back around would be a pretty nice move yeah, both for those of us who got in late and also to give the team a bit of breathing room for whatever it is they are up to at the moment.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    It would be nice, even if no unlocks came with them, just the ability to play them again and see new ways to do them would be good.

• Options
    Welp, that's done.
    24/26 Elusive targets completed (one missed, one failed when I lost patience and decided that shooting the target in the face and running for it was a viable strategy. It wasn't).
    Looking forwards to season two.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I despise the limited aspect of Elusive Targets, and I say that as someone who already has all the unlocks and only missed two of the targets.

Especially since some of them alter some of the levels (ie. the outdoor dinner party in Paris) or utilize spots on the map that are otherwise unused (ie. the lawyer in Sapienza).

Hell, the Sapienza lawyer one would have been a great standalone level (it basically would have been in one of the older games). There is so much stuff in that building that you never really get to play with. And this is a sandbox game where trying all kinds of crazy new things is encouraged, but you're not allowed to do that with the Elusives.

Not to mention however much money they spent on that Gary Busey & Gary Cole campaign, only to have it only be available in the game for a week and then never again (also before the physical edition even existed, so those players never even got a chance to try it).

It is still my hope that after the Season is over they'll just unlock them all to play whenever you want as "Extra Contracts" or something like that. Kind of like the PS4 exclusive contracts.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I fucked up this one real bad
    I climbed up to the rooftop where Giggles goes to hang out, and he stopped to talk to a waiter about something, so I leaned around the corner and domed him

Except I didn't dome him, I domed the waiter. Not seen, so ok. Giggles and his security guys bolt, so I got the sniper rifle out of the smuggled item crate and found him in the crowd down below. Blammo! Got em.

From immediately to my right, I hear "I GOT 'EM!" and start getting shot. I freak out and hide. One of the security guys didn't leave the roof, and had a perfect view of my sniper shot. What ensued was every single gun mook in the level filtering up to that roof as I killed them one by one with my sniper rifle, the 5mm, and a bunch of bricks

Eventually I got a waiter uniform and skedaddled, trying to find the tablet. I looked around in the cafe, and found inside one of the rooms a gas valve I'd never seen before. So I turned it

In the moment 47 was doing the animation of turning the valve, I turned the camera toward the lit oil lamp on the table next to me. Then I fucking exploded.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    My system is below min specs for this so I put off buying it. Seeing 25/26 targets missed is a disappointment. I get that having them re-appear would diminish the impact they have, but would it really be so bad to have each one reappear once a year for a week?

Also, amazingly a i3-2320 and a 550ti can run this at 60fps on low settings.

• Options
    IOI have listened to feedback about these things in the past (they expanded the length of them to 10 days after people complained that they couldn't play until the weekend, and so on).
    While they've been committed to the basic idea of ETs before, they might change the way they work for season two.
    Maybe remove the time limit, but keep the ironman requirement, so you can do them at any point, but still only get the one shot.

I still see the ETs as a bonus, and would recommend the game even if they weren't there, so it's not a deal-breaker for me.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Honestly just let people do any one ET once a week.

Plus that way because they're explicitly repeatable (but have a time lock out for just spamming them) you can even tighten up the rules set to have zero tolerance for restarts and make them far better at stroking the rogue like itch they were going for in the first place.

• Options
    edited October 2017

We’re going to let the announcement itself do all the talking, but there is one thing we want to clarify before then; this upcoming content is not “Season 2”. We’re saying that now to keep expectations in check.

Hmmm. Doesn't say that IO aren't doing a Season 2, just that this isn't it. Fingers still at the crossed position.

Also does that look strangely like the Ubisoft logo to anyone else?

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Hit some more mans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODUIa831DXk

Full feature rundown here https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-goty-edition-announcement/ it's a $20 upgrade, but looks like more of an expansion pack situation.

Plus (for those that don't want to click through)
    – Elusive Target Re-activation
    Starting in November, we will re-activate Elusive Targets. If you missed any Elusive Targets the first time around, or if you are new to HITMAN, this is your chance to experience these intense time-limited targets. All of the suit unlocks are back in play for both new and existing players to complete their collection. If you’ve already completed or failed an Elusive Target, you won’t be able to play that specific contract again; your record for that contract will stand and cannot be altered. Re-activated ET’s will still be time-limited and the first one will be re-activated shortly after the release of our Game of the Year Edition on November 7th.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay.

I would still like an option after you completed or failed an elusive target to play them again just to mess around but not have them count.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Ack, I'm going to miss some probably. No computer in November

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Okay.

I would still like an option after you completed or failed an elusive target to play them again just to mess around but not have them count.

Yeah, I don't know why they continue to be elitist and stupid about the Elusive Contracts. I want to play the Gary Busey contract again, or the one with the outdoor party in Paris, or the one that uses the lawyer's office in Sapienza. But I can't. Even with this re-activation it says I won't be able to replay any of those because I already did them once.

• Options
    There's definitely a second series on the way, if this wasn't enough of a hint

there was a post that outright confirmed there's more coming https://www.ioi.dk/goty-launch/
    IO wrote:
    One last thing about our next Hitman game; I want to let you know that we’re making great progress and we have exciting new features and some franchise firsts, which we can’t wait to tell you all about. You’ll have to wait a little longer as we don’t plan to start talking about that until some point in 2018.

I guess E3? Would make the most sense.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Pro difficulty does not fuck around. It's very much more the "classic" Hitman experience. I enjoy it very much and am getting my shit ruined.

• Options
    One thing I like: the fact that you can't save makes it more improvisational. You don't want to kill a whole run and start again, so if some guy sees you maybe you snap a neck instead of reloading. You can see if the run can be rescued, rather than just giving up when things aren't perfect.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    there should be some kind of way to get points back on a botched run

like this is not a Silent Assassin Suit Only run, but we're still going to give you zT6qUWVs.jpgzT6qUWVs.jpgzT6qUWVs.jpgzT6qUWVs.jpgzT6qUWVs.jpg

for Most Creative Use of a can of a tomato soup/electrified puddle/exploding duck combo

• Options
    I squeaked out a Paris run at last. I got the guy with the exploding camera and Daria I just cleared a path and shot her. Turns out she doesn't fucking drink from that wine glass any more!

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    I squeaked out a Paris run at last. I got the guy with the exploding camera and Daria I just cleared a path and shot her. Turns out she doesn't fucking drink from that wine glass any more!

I think she does, but only fairly early in the map. You get to it quick or it becomes worthless. I like pro quite a bit, but I do wish the challenges were a bit less reliant on doing things *perfectly*. More often than not, getting into the sorts of improvisational situations you described means that you're not getting any mastery points at all.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i also hope season 2 maybe changes up its scoring system so that while executing a perfect stealthy hit is still a goal to aim for, you don't feel like a complete failure every time you don't pull it off. Instead of "you got 4 hitmans out of 5", just bring back descriptive ratings.