As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ARK: Survival Evolved] New Server at end of August

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    This game might be a little too addictive.

Here I am with Final Fantasy XV, a game I have legitimately been anticipating for like 10 years, I've taken time off work to play it, and this little urge in the back of my head keeps making me want to log into Ark and survive.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    This game might be a little too addictive.

Here I am with Final Fantasy XV, a game I have legitimately been anticipating for like 10 years, I've taken time off work to play it, and this little urge in the back of my head keeps making me want to log into Ark and survive.

Maybe you could tame a Doed!

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Had a scare last night. Logged back into SE to hear battle music and see damage in the 400s. Level 65 lightning Wyvern apparently decided my all passive barn et al looked tasty. Nothing died, though it wrecked my solar panel setup on my paracer.

So I pulled the frankly stupid amount of ammo an auto turrets out that I'd made before plant x was a thing and set them up before I went to sleep. They need some repairing, but they'll work for now.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    So on the server I'm running for my family and their buddies, first thing I did was pull out my fire wyvern and zip around the island, surveying my kingdom. This has been fine for the first couple of days, but now I feel like I am cheating. Between her absurdly fast flight speed, flambé breath, and ability to carry damn near anything, you can't not feel like the Apex predator of the island, Giga be damned. I've decided to build a temple in some remote arctic location and lock her away, like a cruel Daenerys Targaryen. I just feel like I'm robbing myself of the wonder of exploration now that there are all kinds of new dinos and ruins and revamped caves on the island.

• Options
    @MuddBudd

Scorched Earth server kicked me off, and is no longer showing up in the options.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    @MuddBudd

Scorched Earth server kicked me off, and is no longer showing up in the options.

Oh I was rebooting things to fix a setting. I didn't realize anyone was on. It showed zero people.

• Options
    BeornKBeornK Registered User regular
    so i might have waited to long to establish a second base in SE. Found a 170 Fire Wyvern just north of our base at green ob while I was hunting. I booked out of there so hopefully it will got into stasis until someone with a big tough dragon can lend me a hand with it or out benevolent overlord does another critter wipe... I don't think I want to tangle with a 170 fire wyvern for my first dragon slaying.

If anyone want to hunt it was around lat 38, lon 77.

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    BeornK wrote: »
    so i might have waited to long to establish a second base in SE. Found a 170 Fire Wyvern just north of our base at green ob while I was hunting. I booked out of there so hopefully it will got into stasis until someone with a big tough dragon can lend me a hand with it or out benevolent overlord does another critter wipe... I don't think I want to tangle with a 170 fire wyvern for my first dragon slaying.

If anyone want to hunt it was around lat 38, lon 77.

I'll log on later to deal with it. Or if you want you can fly over to Red Ob and borrow Silver. He should be more than tough enough. (I recommend using bite attacks for mid-air combat)

• Options
    I don't want to risk another's wyvern. (Especially before I've tamed one of my own). But I totally admit I took silver for spin around the red ob a few days ago to see how they handle. I was surprised at the wing span and the slow turn radius. FYI there's another wyvern to the south around 67x76 but I don't thing there is much player activity to the south now.

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    Both ded.

• Options
    PS4 version announced. May end up resulting in me spending another $54 on this game just so I can play with some friends who refuse to engage in PC gaming.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I am having trouble finding snails. Supposedly in the Center they are near the swamp, but no luck last night.

-edit-

Ran update on it and it seemed to go through a lot, wonder if something went wrong with the last patch on the Center. Maybe this fixed it. I'll check again tonight.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    This should cover everything since the last patch notes I posted.
    Current Version: v252.4
    * Dedicated Server: Temporarily rolled-back PhysX version to 3.3 in order to resolve Memory Leak. Recommend upgrading to this version until 252.5 is ready which will fix the leak Requires Server Update.
    * When run with ?DestroyUnconnectedWaterPipes=true or official servers always, after two days real-time the pipes will auto-destroy if unconnected to any non-pipe (directly or indirectly) and no allied player is nearby. (edited)
    (you don't have to test that :wink: )
    * Spam-structure building is now rate-limited to help out slow servers.
    * 80% improvement to foundation testing calculation to reduce server stalls when building on slow servers.
    * Fixed a Moschops ambient harvesting crash
    * New GM Commands:

TakeAllStructure: gives your tribe all the structures of the team you're currently looking at.
    TakeAllDino: gives your tribe all the dinos of the team you're currently looking at.
    GMBuff: gives you god, infinite stats, AI ignorance, and a bunch of experience.
    GMSummon: summons a tamed dino that isn't cheat-tamed, so still requires a saddle.
    * "OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0" can now be set in [ServerSettings] INI, not only via the launch commandline ("?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0")
    v252.22
    * Fixed PhysX crash on TheCenter with large overlaps. Requires Server Update.
    v252.2
    * Fixed issue with ragdolls falling thru the ground (new PhysX inverted ray trace direction on terrain heightfields :-P). Requires Server Update
    * Fixed Megalosaurus losing its Tame Affinity whenever it wakes up due to Night-time. Requires Server Update
    * Signed additional PhysX DLL's to help resolve some BattlEye connection issues, and removed some unnecessary PhysX DLL's.
    v252.1
    * Raised proximity structure limit to 10,500 (the structure limit is actually working now with the new PhysX!). Renamed the server variable to "TheMaxStructuresInRange" so that all servers get a one-time reset to the new value: ?TheMaxStructuresInRange=10500 (or in the [ServerSettings] of GameUserSettings.ini). Requires Server Update
    * You can now put Leech Blood in your quick item slots in order to feed it to the Moschops. Requires Server Update
    * Reintegrated the Item Quantity limits for various structures that was lost in the merge from v251. Requires Server Update

• Options
    Okay, snails are definitely on the Center now. A bit uncommon, but they are there.

• Options
    Thanks for the dragon removal. I started prepping a new base north of the red ob. Things were lonely in my old neck of the woods. Did have some excitement walking my paracer with bird roosting on it over. Ran into a golem and had it agro but I managed to save both paracer and bird with only a little damage to the stuff on the platform and the shirt off my back.

Also the short behemoth gate and 4x walls look great. Why isn't a short behemoth gate in the base game or even a wide 1 or 2 high wooden pasture gate? Where are my crenelations and arrow slits? Also I really hope the port more crops, furnishing and stuff over from primitive plus. Have you seen what they have? Bonfires, sinks, fruit press, backing oven, BACON, did I mention BACON. I don't care if it has a special use in game, I'd rather have a sink in my kitchen that a water pump or a leaky rock. I'd love to grow wheat instead of generic berries and so on... Too bad primitive plus is super buggy from all reports. Still it'll be neat if stuff gets rolled into the main game.

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    If I am using the same survivor I was using on the SE on my current server, is it possible to upload him, download him on Hideous Daystar, go around nuking all my old structures, reupload him when I am done, and download him again on my server? I want to clear out my crap so other people can use the space, but I'm afraid I'm going to break something irrevocably.

• Options
    No I believe you would lose ownership of the structures after the transfer.

If you can give me coordinates and screenshots, I can just nuke them for you. Or after a certain amount of time they should be demolishable to anyone.

• Options
    Really it's just the aforementioned wells, the Funtime Riders facility west of Red Obelisk, and whatever got left at the Blue Obelisk. Feel free to admin-command ownership of the containers and distribute all the stuff we left, too, I believe whatever got left is because for whatever reason the game wouldn't let us throw it in obelisk inventory. Or it was absurdly time-consuming and silly to upload, say, 300 lbs of S+ Adobe Walls.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    So not to worry, I nuked the one well already. The demolish timer had already triggered. I might go raid your old place for mats, but I don't think its hurting anything at the moment.

I'm pretty sure the demo timer has expired for stuff...

BeornK on
    DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    Really it's just the aforementioned wells, the Funtime Riders facility west of Red Obelisk, and whatever got left at the Blue Obelisk. Feel free to admin-command ownership of the containers and distribute all the stuff we left, too, I believe whatever got left is because for whatever reason the game wouldn't let us throw it in obelisk inventory. Or it was absurdly time-consuming and silly to upload, say, 300 lbs of S+ Adobe Walls.

That sounds like buildin' materials to me . . .

• Options
    There we go, problem solved.

• Options
    I've even got a Quetz for hauling such things back to Red Ob.

• Options
    I can't even remember what got left. There might be some decent saddles in there, I KNOW there is an entire large storage box full of chitin stacks, a ton of fence supports, there should be a ton of S+ Adobe walls, ceilings, etc.
    Might be a couple of eggs in the fridge but I can't remember for sure. Seriously, knock yourselves out.

• Options
    I can test out the new commands tonight and put them under our ownership so Kal can disassemble.

• Options
    Also, those magazines under the bed...I was just holding them for a friend.

• Options
    Also, those magazines under the bed...I was just holding them for a friend.

*unfolds*

I've never seen a Brontosaurus do that before.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Well got a Trike, a pair of Raptors and a Pteradon. Full Riot armor and just building out the base a bit.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    If you can get blueprints or drops for blue quality or better flak armor, I highly recommend it. Last night, after running around in engram-craft riot gear for the better part of the week, I actually bothered looking at the stats on the couple of purple-quality flak armor pieces I had laying around and noticed not only were they nearly double the armor rating of my riot gear, they were a fraction of the weight. I haven't gotten any better riot gear to compare it to, but that made running around in the flak a no-brainer. Also a lot easier to repair, not having to track down poly and pearls. I can't imagine higher quality riot gear would weigh any less, either.

• Options
    Riot gear is to heavy and expensive for the benefit. Especially when you are just starting out and don't have lots of good gathering dinos. I'd stick to flak (use the bps at Kals as I think stuff is unlocked just dont take them out of there) and build out a bit more. Get a doed and ankylo and maybe a rex next. I'd save riot gear for caving and use flak for day to day.

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    Is darkmayo part of our tribe? Because I usually keep things locked up.

If they are a tribe member, hit me up on Steam on like, Saturday? I'll give you the 50 cent tour of the base.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Oops my bad.. I have full Flak not Riot. :D Ill make note not to bother with the engrams for Riot armor as the blue/purple recipes drop.

Was thinking of getting an anklo next.

And no.. I am not apart of the gang, just a lone loser with a wood house chillin on the beach.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Riot is great but expensive.

And eventually you hit a point where you are rarely in personal combat anyway.

• Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Riot is great but expensive.

And eventually you hit a point where you are rarely in personal combat anyway.

yea already noticing that when I run around with my little pack of carnivores. Let them do all the fighting, sometimes wade in and stab with my pike.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
  • Options

Alright these are now under Fremen control. @Kalnaur, feel free to grab.

• Options
    Current Version: v252.7
    * Manually-used Veggie Cakes now heal 15% (over 10 seconds when manually fed) in addition to +500 HP (on Herbivores), have cooldown interval reduced to 10s, and take 4x as long to spoil
    * Herbivores now have 55% damage reduction from explosives and 62.5% damage reduction vs fire (due to their thick hides).
    * Fixed some rare crash cases.
    v252.61
    * Crash fix for servers when loading save games with certain Mods!
    v252.6
    * Ended Turkey Trial Event! (deprecated items)
    * Reintegrated PhysX 3.4 for larger performance gain. Fixed PhysX memory leak!
    * Taking various Eggs now aggro the respective species
    * Improvement to Dino movement physics accuracy when riding a Dino
    v252.5
    * Changed Item stack size limits to Beer Barrel: 3, Catapult: 1, Wind Turbine 1

Veggie Cake change is nice.

• Options
    @MuddBudd, Could you make sure our critters on The Center and SE are fed? It might be a day or three more before I get back to them.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    @MuddBudd, Could you make sure our critters on The Center and SE are fed? It might be a day or three more before I get back to them.

Sure thing. I'll get that tonight.

• Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Any generous soul planning on hosting a PS4 server?

I basically have up running this on my dated PC. I like my chances with PS4.

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    Speaking of feeding critters, Suti's critters need food too. Last time I swung by I stopped in to check on them, and add a few stacks of berries and meat but they were really low. If you are feeding stuff you may want toss some more chow in the bins there. I don't think I'll be on soon enough.

DS0mQJS.png