As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[ARK: Survival Evolved] New Server at end of August

• Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Thanks a ton for running the server as long as you have. You're a scholar and a gentleman.

• RayzerbeamRayzerbeam Registered User regular
    Thank you Mudd for having the server run for so long!!! Ive had a great time playing and enjoyed everyone I have met on the game!

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Maybe after the game is fully released we'll get something together again. But right now the interest just doesn't seem to be there.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Maybe after the game is fully released we'll get something together again. But right now the interest just doesn't seem to be there.

-edit-

Watch them drop another xpac announcement tomorrow that makes me want to play again.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Budd, could you get the files for Scorched Earth server to me? I want to see if (A) I can put them into single player (B) if our structures are still there and (C) if it keeps inventory.

I've already stored all but a few creatures from SE. Probably tomorrow for the others on Center if I can swing it. I fed things, so critters will last a while, but Heroth, you, and whoever Jane is should probably store their critters within the next week or so, as if I don't get to storing them this weekend, it will without a doubt be next weekend (barring unforseen circumstances).

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the hosting Mudd. I will let the kids know, and we will start moving things to single player.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
    Hey Mudd. Currently getting a MOD mismatch notice.

BitTWist wrote: »
    Hey Mudd. Currently getting a MOD mismatch notice.

Servers are restarting now, should be fixed.

• HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the server Mudd! it was fun while it lasted.

Its Not allowing me to upload any of My dino's though, i got stuck out by the Obelisk.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
    Heroth wrote: »

Its Not allowing me to upload any of My dino's though, i got stuck out by the Obelisk.

I'll investigate that tonight. We kind of need that to work.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    If people are interested, my gaming community is running a server cluster, and we're always looking for good people to join us in ARK.

The servers have a lot of the convenience mods added, like Structures+, Capitalism/Glory Coins, Veggie Prime, ARK Advance, Super Spy Glass, Craftable Tribute Terminal, etc..and we're set to 2.5 taming/gather, 2x experience, and I think something like 10-15x baby rates (I don't do a lot of breeding, so I'm not 100% sure, but I can find out).

We've added other mods to individual maps to create some "themes", like Steampunk or Castles and Keeps, and we're open to adding more based on player feedback.

Right now we're running 5 core maps: The Center (modded to have a Steampunk theme), The Island, The Volcano, Scorched Earth, and Mortem Tupiu. We have an older copy of The Center we're archiving in a couple weeks, as well as Thieves Island (which was a cool map, but given the variety, no one really migrated to it).

It's basically set to be a fun server for casual adults who enjoy playing ARK, but don't have 16 hours a day to devote to it. All the maps right now are PvE. It's locked to any transfer in or out, but you can transfer anything to your heart's content within the cluster. We've been running ARK with some consistency for about 1.5 years now, and the cluster servers grew out of 2 of the 3 original ARK maps we were running.

All in all, we probably have about 3 dozen active players. The physical machines is run by one of our community members who's a hardcore computer enthusiast, and we have 4 administrators managing updates and mods. In the future, we're totally open adding servers or mods as people get bored to keep things interesting. And of course we'll support any official DLC. With the cluster set up, there's plenty of space for people to spread out, build big bases and enjoy their own slice of ARK as their own tribe, or you can join the main "mega" tribe (but still nearly every person runs their own private base, as well).

The only "hitch" is that the server is private, and only Unrepentant members and guests/friends are added to the whitelist. As you guys know, the wider world of ARK is widely populated by assmunching dicklords, and even on a PvE server, a rogue dicklord can do some serious damage to hours and hours of play. But to that point, we also play a ton of other MMO and multiplayer games together, so there's a lot more reasons to join that simply an ARK cluster.

Anyway, I know there's a lot of cool people here that would fit in well, and I know @MuddBudd has done an amazing job keeping things going, so I would feel bad if I didn't at least share an opportunity for some of you to keep playing together. @MuddBudd you're welcome to give us a shot, too...maybe you just need to take a break from admining a server and just play. As one of our admins, I know it can sometimes get super-stressful managing all this crap (which is why we have 4).

If anyone is interested, they can shoot me a PM here, or check us out at www.unrepentantgaming.com.

EDIT: To add an update, I talked with the other admins, and they feel confident that if we can get a copy of your server files, we can spin up a copy of the PA server on the cluster for a couple weeks, and allow those who wish to start playing with us the opportunity to transfer dinos and items onto an existing server in our cluster. Afterwards we can keep an archived version of the old server around, just in case.

We wouldn't keep the server up indefinitely, as we're trying to keep each server running a unique map because our cluster server can realistically only host so many maps before the service quality starts to degrade. But hopefully we could come up with an "evacuation plan" that would work for everyone. And those who aren't interested in moving could always play out the remaining days on the current server, until it gets shut down.

ironzerg on
    I was going to throw my server out as open to the PA community as well. It's nothing so fancy as all that, just me paying for server hosting month to month, running primitive plus on the Center at the moment, with my brothers and one of their coworkers. The plan was for a dozen or more people but no one showed up.
    We have PVE on and similar rates to the PA servers. No mods at the moment because they bork primitive plus, but we were running all the standard PA stuff before plus a few extras, and whenever the group grows tired of P+ I'll reimplement them. I've also got obelisk transfers off because of P+ but will reenable those as well whenever we go back to vanilla.
    Just throwing it out there! Anyone can PM me if they're interested, though I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for electing to go join Ironzerg's server, it sounds like an incredible setup.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    If people don't want to pay to host month to month, I have some really good bandwidth at home (300 down/25 up) and a 1U server that I have set up as a virtual host. I host servers for coworkers and I'd be fine setting one up for us as well.

• Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Hi guys. PM me if you are on PS4 and interested in a private server for The Center. I found one with an active player base and active owner. Better rates but not upsurd. PvP with rules. Owner is interested in running events. I'm allowed to invite some people. Tribes are capped at 5.

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Damn I forgot how much I love this game. Scorched earth is awesome, and the pretty is everywhere. It's the only game to stress my 980 Ti at 1440p because still meh optimization, but it's also the prettiest damn game I've seen at 1440p so I'll allow it.

I blame Pokemon Go for dealing what seemed like the first big staggering blow to the new server -- that was a sweet 3 weeks during the summer, but the population was never the same afterwards.

edited January 2017

I guess since no one else has said anything, i'm the only one affected?

After investigating it a bit more, it might have something to do with tribe settings? (Even though i'm 'Officer' Rank) Because i noticed i can store my Argent, which i brought over from the Old Island server, but i can't Store any of the Dino's i tamed on *this* server, which is strange... going to fly down to Kal's base and see if i can store my Rex, since she was from the old server as well.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • BeornKBeornK Registered User regular
    Hey Mudd, just to chime in, thanks for running the server's for so long. I know feeding critters was getting to be a chore and I'd consider packing them up several times. It's probally time for all of us to take a break. I think I will set up a single player staging area with some vaults and start the transfer sooner than latter. With the limit of items you can place in the ob at one time I may skip most stuff,grabbing blueprints and the better saddles only. Who knows.

One thing that would probally help is to get a list of all the mods currently running so we make sure whatever we transfers goes over okay and people can rebuild as needed.

Anyhow, thanks again from running the server. It's been fun and I look forward to playing with you all after launch.

DS0mQJS.png
  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Still playing solo on island.
    Hate the inventory management (i spend half my time on inventory screen), construction interface (and lack thereof) is horrible, and kinda annoyed that everything past smithy needs ebony to make (guess i have to tame a ptera if i want decent weapons).
    But the one thing that really makes me want to quit, is the path finding.
    Did my first dungeon exploration (didn't go very deep), and lost 2 dinos.
    1 raptor that i shot myself (was aiming at the spider), and a dilo that got stuck on the floor (not minable rocks, those stalagtites or whatever).

Nyysjan on

I guess since no one else has said anything, i'm the only one affected?

After investigating it a bit more, it might have something to do with tribe settings? (Even though i'm 'Officer' Rank) Because i noticed i can store my Argent, which i brought over from the Old Island server, but i can't Store any of the Dino's i tamed on *this* server, which is strange... going to fly down to Kal's base and see if i can store my Rex, since she was from the old server as well.

Well, I remember I couldn't store my new dilo. Not sure about other creatures; I'll be trying them soon, probably Sunday.

I could store every and anything on SE. It's just The Center that I had that single issue with. Also couldn't store anything that was anyone else's dino.

When I vacated I ran into some trouble storing some items and dinos but nothing essential so I left it for y'all

edited January 2017
    At least currently, nothing from our current server is uploading to the Ob (talking creatures, here). This is . . . problematic, for many reasons, chief among them that my best beavers and my only centipede were tamed on the server, along with the diplos, and various other creatures. It might be tribe permissions, or something else entirely, but it kinda needs to be solved.

As a further note to this: I was easily able to upload all my pertinent dinos from Scorched Earth, but not The Center. The only difference in tribe settings on The Center is "Dino Ownership". It is currently set at Personally Owned, Tribe Ridden, where SE has it set to simply "Tribe Owned". If this setting is changed, I have some dinos right near the ob (and a few ready to make the trip) that I could check to see if that solves our problem.

Kalnaur on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    BeornK wrote: »
    Hey Mudd, just to chime in, thanks for running the server's for so long. I know feeding critters was getting to be a chore and I'd consider packing them up several times. It's probally time for all of us to take a break. I think I will set up a single player staging area with some vaults and start the transfer sooner than latter. With the limit of items you can place in the ob at one time I may skip most stuff,grabbing blueprints and the better saddles only. Who knows.

One thing that would probally help is to get a list of all the mods currently running so we make sure whatever we transfers goes over okay and people can rebuild as needed.

Anyhow, thanks again from running the server. It's been fun and I look forward to playing with you all after launch.

Agreed, thanks for all of your hard work Mudd!

This also seems like as good a time for me to apologise for completely abandoning you, BeornK. I just kind of fell of the game and never really got my enthusiasm back.

Kalnaur wrote: »
    At least currently, nothing from our current server is uploading to the Ob (talking creatures, here). This is . . . problematic, for many reasons, chief among them that my best beavers and my only centipede were tamed on the server, along with the diplos, and various other creatures. It might be tribe permissions, or something else entirely, but it kinda needs to be solved.

As a further note to this: I was easily able to upload all my pertinent dinos from Scorched Earth, but not The Center. The only difference in tribe settings on The Center is "Dino Ownership". It is currently set at Personally Owned, Tribe Ridden, where SE has it set to simply "Tribe Owned". If this setting is changed, I have some dinos right near the ob (and a few ready to make the trip) that I could check to see if that solves our problem.

That would explain why I couldn't find a setting that was messing with things.

Try now?

That would explain why I couldn't find a setting that was messing with things.

Try now?

That did it! Yay!

Yeah, works perfectly now, thanks Mudd!

Also there are a couple dino's at Blue Obelisk that were starving a couple days ago, i made a trough and fed the Meat eaters but had no dino to gather Berries on, so the herbivores are probably struggling.

@Kalnaur, i've stored all my dino's bar my Argent, I'm going to stay at your base for a couple days if you need help moving dinos to the Obelisk, just give me a shout on Steam, if i'm free i'll jump on and help.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Here's a mod you guys should consider adding to the server to help people who are looking to evacuate their dinos.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=600669373

Essentially it lets your craft the obelisk console and put it wherever you want. Makes uploading/downloading dinos a breeze. Since we want to encourage people to tour around our server cluster, we added it and it's fantastic.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Went out caving with my tribe yesterday. First time I've done that since I'm still a relative newbie. I'm level 70 but I still feel like there's so much of the game left to see and do.

So anyway, we went around on the Island map and hit for big caves for artifacts. My very first cave was a quick, tragic death. One of the other guys aggro'd like 3 bats. I managed to peel aggro of one off of him and I was back-pedaling and shooting it with my crossbow, and I backed right into a bottomless pit and died. Lost all my stuff.

The next 3 caves we hit were fairly uneventful.

Since both the servers are shutting down in march, and the kids and I are migrating to our own hosted center map. Any chance someone on Scorched Earth has an extra wyvern they don't want to take with them when the leave? Would love to have one on our new center map, and we would never be able to get one ourselves.

Yeah, which PA server are you on? Assuming downloads are still on, I could hook you up, I think.

edited January 2017
    Alright, some updates.

Here are the files for both our servers, saved as of today, Jan 22nd.

I believe this thread explains how to move it to single player.

The Center: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lq5si2vnnw5vqxp/The Center.rar?dl=0
    Scorched Earth: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e45pd64jghat3mj/Scorched Earth.rar?dl=0

Scorched Earth will be shutting down on March 5th.
    The Center will actually last until April 22nd because it wouldn't let me tweak the duration.

In the meantime, I've cranked the various settings up to like, 10x so go crazy if you have things you want to finish.

Also of use, here's a list of all the mods currently installed on the server, for future posterity.
    Kai's Flyer Perches
    SCUBAVision
    Zipline System
    Holiday Delight
    Platforms Anywhere
    Fix Founder & Scorched Skins - Parasaur Saddle + Hunter Hat + Dino Glasses + Thorny Dragon Saddle + Safari Hat + Rex Stomped Gla
    GateMod - DevKit Files
    Treasure Hunt Giftboxes v1.00
    Light Controller
    Platforms Plus
    Snappy Saddles
    Structures Plus
    Death Helper
    PG's Admin Bomb
    Pet Finder
    Pipes-N-Cables
    Taming Sedative
    Pillars Plus
    Stairs Mod with Rounded Walls v.4.2
    GlassMetal
    Bridge

MuddBudd on
    So, to be more expansive on what is posted above: Take the files for the server, specifically the ones in the "saved" file in the RARs, and paste them into the file for Local Play (each ARK has its own file, you may need to start a game of Scorched Earth to get that file to show). Find the one .arkprofile file with your Steam ID (The one that starts 7656119__________, go here and type in your specific username to find it), and then change that file to read "LocalPlayer.arkprofile".

When the game starts, your ARK might have respawned all the materials (Stone, Trees, Etc), but the game should also spawn in all the dinos that were on the server as well as all the containers with items still in them. And using that specific Profile means you are your character from the server.

OH NOW THEY ADD LANCES.

Also crazy stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnwyvsO9QtE

Not holding my breath on their eta of 8pm EST tonight but I'm hype AF for sheep. I mean also power ranger armor, too. Not super pleased about element being boss only drops and it also powering the rad abilities of the armor, but I can see why it would be a thing for PvP balance. If such things can really even be balanced. That's what mods are for, though!

Wait, so to power the suits, you have to grind bosses? Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

Wait, so to power the suits, you have to grind bosses? Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

Oh god no, fuck that. The instant there is a mod allowing easier access to it I am installing that.

Or maybe I'll just drop a bunch of cabinets full of the stuff somewhere.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    By the way...just thought I'd mention for people (like me) who've been on the fence on picking up Scorched Earth: the expansion is currently on sale (51% off) on Steam. Price is now $9.79

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    By the way...just thought I'd mention for people (like me) who've been on the fence on picking up Scorched Earth: the expansion is currently on sale (51% off) on Steam. Price is now $9.79

I highly recommend this. I had a blast getting into SE.

To be fair they're introducing an easy, normal, and hard boss mode today too, so maybe easy mode is the entryway to Tek?
    Can't take Tek to actually fight the bosses, either, which is pretty silly. Super-bred Rexes and ascendant flak and Rocket lawn chairs all around!

I mean, since the servers are basically dead anyway I'll probably just leave Tek shit all over the place just for fun. Might as well get crazy.

Fun fact: with the files that Budd has given for the servers, his Lightning Wyvern is available for the taking in Single Player.

Just note that back when we had a rollback that produced dupe dinos (in obs and in the world), it generally glitched both critters. So best not to try and use a dupe of his wyvern on any PA servers when they come back up (or even right now).