As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    ok my free time lapsed but I'm gonna sub on thursday when that sweet #payday hits

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I got my third 100 and now I'm debating leveling my other two 91s or just closing WOW until moose nights and playing Overwatch till Legion

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Level all the alts says me, who hit the 50 character limit sometime ago and had to delete one to play with his girlfriend

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Who can explain to me in the length of a tweet what 'artifact points' are on the wowhead calculator? Is it reasonable to assume by the first raid we'll all have a point in every thingy on our main spec or will that be a thing that you get between the first and second raids?

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    You get points from random item drops and quest rewards and stuff. The ranks in your artifact get more expensive as you get more of them, you'll get about 10-12 ranks while leveling and then stuff gets crazy expensive.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I think I remember seeing (though no idea how long ago it was, or even if it was a real thing that I'm not making up) some Blizzard person saying okay fuck it I just went googling for a while to make sure. Here's the thing I was remembering:

First tweet for people that don't feel like clicking: "How long do you anticipate it taking a reasonably diligent player to max out traits a weapon? A month? Multiple patches?"

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Really it depends on how much the Artifact Research thing increases your AP gains. There's a 5 day work order you can put in at your class hall for 1500 resources each that says it increases your AP gains, but it's bugged atm on beta and doesn't work. It would take forever to max out the traits without it.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Youll get most of the way to your first golden dragon leveling and then it's slow. It's important to pick the correct path at first.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    unseen influences is a bad daily

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Well, I hit 100 while finishing up the Spires of Arak. Now I just need to knock out Nagrand.

While the story has been, neat, playing an unholy DK is fun. I quite like Defile.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »

There are a number of interactable objects around the map that give anywhere from 1-3 doohickies when you loot them.
    IIRC there's literally always at least 1 up in the bird area (As soon as its looted another spawns)

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    so how exactly does artifact leveling up work with spec switching in practice? I vaguely remember hearing that switching specs switched your artifact and didn't keep your accrued levels from the other spec?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    so how exactly does artifact leveling up work with spec switching in practice? I vaguely remember hearing that switching specs switched your artifact and didn't keep your accrued levels from the other spec?

That's correct, but once you max out one artifact your leveling rate on remaining one shoots up. Not sure if you get another bonus once you get a second maxed out. Or third, in case of druids.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Demon Hunters have two, Druids have four, and the rest have three.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I haven't heard anything about second artifacts being easier to level up than the first. Or I just assumed that they were referring to the artifact research notes that would have accrued by the time you maxed out the first artifact

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    ft160605theaterrep.png

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Demon Hunters have two, Druids have four, and the rest have three.

Right. Read my post again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »

I actually think this is clever because it encourages players to help each other out - you are still killing vignettes (which even if you can solo them, that fresh 630-650 is going to have a much harder time of it), and once you get flying you can run around and open treasures if you really don't want to deal with killing shit.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    It's not a terrible daily, but it would've benefited from being a weekly, ala King of the Jungle. Bump the required crystals up to 20 or 30, adjust the rep gain accordingly, then it's more in line with the "just grab a few while doing other dailies" idea that they were going for.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I'm going to have an extra Coalfist Gronnling mount tomorrow if anyone wants it.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So since Legion continues in the trivializing of previous tiers of crafting professions, and also goes back to earlier days of crafting recipes and quests requiring items from other, much different professions, would anyone be offended if I cleared out the guild bank over the next few weeks, getting rid of all the old outdated stuff to make space for people to put useful Legion junk? The gear itself would stay cause of transmog, it's just the crafting reagents I'd clean up.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Go for it.
    Just don't touch the sunmotes.

mkc.png
  • Options
    Okay what is the story behind the sunmotes? Mirren and his fucking sunmotes.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    If anyone happens to have a character on Emerald dream, and wouldnt mind taking a payment on Cho'gall, or Illidan, I have need of a cross-realm loan. (US servers)

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Okay what is the story behind the sunmotes? Mirren and his fucking sunmotes.

When people got compromised it was one of the things that would get taken from the guild bank and then returned to Mirren as part of the investigation.

I think anyway.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    "Oh shit we killed all our good villains what do we do now"
    Corrupt someone good, duh

Don't worry, that happens too.

wait really

who did they fuckup this time

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I think what I'm actually gonna do with my time is farm for the Waterstrider mount. Looking at the Legion zones having a waterwalking bug is gonna be a gigantic advantage.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    OR: just be a warlock or a shaman

unless those abilities have been pruned

• Options
    Warlocks only ever had underwater breathing didn't they? Water walking wasn't pruned.

Water strider is nice but not a huge deal in Legion. I'm going to finish that rep as well just because it's something to do though.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »
    Warlocks only ever had underwater breathing didn't they? Water walking wasn't pruned.

Water strider is nice but not a huge deal in Legion. I'm going to finish that rep as well just because it's something to do though.

They have a minor glyph that makes their devil horse walk on water

• Options
    DKs walk on water, too.

But yeah I think it took me 11 days to get enough Anglers rep for a waterbug, at about 20 minutes a day, tops. Pretty good returns on time invested.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Is there a good place to get a summary of all the changes going into Legion? I've kinda been ignoring the news cause I know it wouldnt be an expansion without blizzard promising one major gameplay change then cancelling it at the last minute.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Walt wrote: »
    I think what I'm actually gonna do with my time is farm for the Waterstrider mount. Looking at the Legion zones having a waterwalking bug is gonna be a gigantic advantage.

Yeah there's for sure a post on reddit that basically says "Do this now! Before it launches! You've been warned."

• Options
    Is Angler rep or waterstrider changed at all in Legion, or is it just the whole "do this now because you won't have time" thing?

• Options
    Walt wrote: »
    Is Angler rep or waterstrider changed at all in Legion, or is it just the whole "do this now because you won't have time" thing?

I think it was like a "do this now because you'll want to have this for Legion rather than realizing you really want it and having to do it then."

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Fishing is the worst. Even 20 minutes for 11 days would be torture for me.

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Is there a good place to get a summary of all the changes going into Legion? I've kinda been ignoring the news cause I know it wouldnt be an expansion without blizzard promising one major gameplay change then cancelling it at the last minute.

not that i've found. the best is some youtube videos that break things down class by class. It seems like basically every spec has gotten a pretty big overhaul, and some have changed entirely

there just seems to be way too much changing in Legion for you to fit it on one page. It looks like way more effort has gone into it than WoD had

Some non-class-specific things I've noticed

- Redesigned combat graphics... new attack animations, new hit effects, new nameplates, a new "action camera" that looks nice for soloing to make it more cinematic. Looks pretty excellent.
    - Updated quest engine w/ voiceover work, etc
    - Revamped talents for all classes that actually looks decent and composed of real choices
    - New "definitely not talents but clearly talents" system attached to your weapon.. it looks like a spruced up version of old vanilla talents
    - PVP progression and rewards system pretty much opened up to everyone, not just the top 3% of the arena club.
    - Garrisons replaced by class halls, which are similar except more communal apparently

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Fishing is the worst. Even 20 minutes for 11 days would be torture for me.

Only two of the dailies require fishing. One of them isn't even possible without 600+ fishing so I never did that one, and the other one only took a couple minutes. You have to, like, throw poison into the water and it makes a zone you fish from and you can get 4 per zone and you need...10? And it's about a 50% drop rate. Everything else is, like, go collect 8 shark butts, or kill some big bad beetle borgs, or go loot some spears from the pandaren idiots that don't realize you're stealing their spears.

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »

If they don't give voiceover work to Welcome to the Machine I will be sorely disappointed.

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

not that i've found. the best is some youtube videos that break things down class by class. It seems like basically every spec has gotten a pretty big overhaul, and some have changed entirely

there just seems to be way too much changing in Legion for you to fit it on one page. It looks like way more effort has gone into it than WoD had

Some non-class-specific things I've noticed

- Redesigned combat graphics... new attack animations, new hit effects, new nameplates, a new "action camera" that looks nice for soloing to make it more cinematic. Looks pretty excellent.
    - Revamped talents for all classes that actually looks decent and composed of real choices
    - New "definitely not talents but clearly talents" system attached to your weapon.. it looks like a spruced up version of old vanilla talents
    - PVP progression and rewards system pretty much opened up to everyone, not just the top 3% of the arena club.
    - Garrisons replaced by class halls, which are similar except more communal apparently

The effect if iLevel in PVP is also something like 5/10% of what it was previously. Can't remember which. This is big draw for me.

This discussion has been closed.