As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    Coalfist Gronnling in the Not Trash Idiot tab of the guild bank.

yoink

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Okay, just for anyone having the same issue: logging in and out seems to work. It didn't work the first time for me when I logged off the the night, but trying again did the trick.

3,000 gold in the bank

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Gonna be on the lookout for the price of buying another month. Maybe if it gets down to 45k I'll do it.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Well, it certainly was a Warcraft movie. It was not terrible.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    So, uh, apparently if you go and see Warcraft at a participating Regal theater, they give you a code for a free starter copy of WoW.

And it has a free month attached.

So I guess now I have no excuse not to play this game.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    So, uh, apparently if you go and see Warcraft at a participating Regal theater, they give you a code for a free starter copy of WoW.

And it has a free month attached.

So I guess now I have no excuse not to play this game.

Shambleshambleshamble

• Options
    Just make sure you buy the ticket at the theatre and not through Fandango, otherwise the deal isn't included.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Just make sure you buy the ticket at the theatre and not through Fandango, otherwise the deal isn't included.

Weird, I got my tickets through Fandango and they gave me the code when I went in.

The only thing I missed out on was the drawing for Blizzcon tickets; apparently you have to buy through Regal and have a loyalty membership for that.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Hmm. Could this free starter copy be used in Recruit-a-Friend shenanigans to get the extra mounts/pets cheaply?

If it comes with one month, you'd just have to pay for the second month to qualify, right?

As a side note, does getting a WoW Token for gold count, or does the subscription have to be paid for with actual money?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    I done seen the Wacrafts movie.

Who wants to touch me?

I hear it's really really good

I think that is an exaggeration. In particular, I think the movie moves WAY TOO FAST, the scenes after the first couple are like, 30 seconds long, one after the other for quite a while.

But there's a lot to like. If you're a fan, it's worth seeing, I think. I love these iterations of all the orcs. They did something quite interesting with Thralll, I think. Doomhammer/Durotan bromance is pretty great.

Yeah I mentioned that in the WoW thread. Most negative reviews focus on that the story moves at a breakneck pace and if you aren't familiar with the world already you're going to spend a lot of time confused. There's apparently 40ish minutes of cut scenes that Duncan Jones wants to make in to an extended addition?

I'd go see it if I wasn't poor as dirt.

I actually thought they really spent an extraordinary amount of time outlining what was happening to ensure people weren't confused. That seems to be more the problem, the movie moves fast plot wise, and you haven't got enough time to spend with characters and really get to know them.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    But do Durotan and Doomhammer make out? That's the important question here.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    But do Durotan and Doomhammer make out? That's the important question here.

They spend an awful lot of time together, that' for sure.

• Options
    I logged back into Cho'Gall, apparently I still had a Tauren Paladin from my free trial on there. Sunk a couple hours into it just to see if I wanted to roll something else.

I'm level 11 now and I just finished up in Thunder Bluff, so I think it stuck.

If y'all need a (fairly inexperienced) tank, my character's name is Therum, and my Battletag is ThatJerkRMED#1682.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Saw the movie.

It was pretty awesome. I was surprised.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    @Zenyatoo got me a Grove Warden and now my life is complete

I look forward to using the water bug mount always and never even seeing myself riding it

But for now! Man its a good looking mount

• Options
    Walt wrote: »
    @Zenyatoo got me a Grove Warden and now my life is complete

I look forward to using the water bug mount always and never even seeing myself riding it

But for now! Man its a good looking mount

The moose can fly, though, so there's that, at least.

Also what's the weekend quest thing for WoW? The client isn't telling me and my account is inactive but I was considering shitting 47k to reactivate to sell a bunch of shit.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm clearing out the tab with enchanting materials/recipes tomorrow, so if you're interested in taking anything out, grab it before then plz

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    It's apexis crystals.

• Options
    It's apexis crystals.

That's gross.

• Options
    That wow movie sure was a movie!

Nah it was definitely a lot of fun and they did a pretty amazing job with the effects and bringing the world to life but I dunno if I'd call it a good movie. As a warcraft fan it's worth seeing but there's at least a couple scenes where you'll roll your eyes.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    as long as its not boring, im either seeing it sunday or next weekend

I'm ok with a not-good movie if its at least entertaining to look at

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    It's not boring in the least. The visuals are phenomenal (even if the Orc garb is a little over the top at the times), and the action scenes are well-choreographed.

But yeah, I was with Rhylith on the eye-rolling at times. Fortunately, those parts that seemed shoe-horned were never delved into deeply, but that's also because nothing in the movie was delved into deeply.

Put your bar around the level of, say, The Mummy (the 1999 Brendan Fraser/Rachel Weiss romp), and you'll get exactly what you want.

E: Any hey, if I've sounded like a Debbie Downer about it based on what I've posted so far, I did not intend--I had a great time! My girlfriend, who had never played a Warcraft game in her life, had a blast, too. By all means, go see it!

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Man, The Mummy 1999 was great!
    Also it's Montina's favorite movie

mkc.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    all this movie stuff has had me remembering the story of the setting from (the retconned, expanded version of) WC1 up to Frozen Throne, and how much I love it
    it works way better in broad strokes in an RTS than it does in an MMORPG

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Man, The Mummy 1999 was great!
    Also it's Montina's favorite movie

It's also not a truly fair comparison, because Warcraft takes itself quite seriously, where it seems like everyone involved with The Mummy was all about keeping their tongues firmly lodged in their cheeks so as to not spoil the fun

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I love The Mummy

Disappointed to hear from a lot of sources that basically every scene in Warcraft is super short, though. I bet the longer director's cut will be pretty solid.

• Options
    The 1999 Mummy movie was probably the first movie to do the schtick where people pretend to be zombies to not get eaten by zombies, and 17 year old me thought it was the funniest thing ever. I actually haven't seen the movie since then (half my life ago, fuck me) and it's on Netflix, so maybe...

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    @javen if there's cool engineer mats in that bank I'll pull them out, I'm not at home right now though

• Options
    The coolest thing in the movie is how they handle magic. By far.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Does guldan at one point run out of mana and then sit and drink

If not no sale

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    He's a warlock, he just lifetaps. Now Khadgar, on the other hand, should be drinking every 10 seconds.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    He's a warlock, he just lifetaps. Now Khadgar, on the other hand, should be drinking every 10 seconds.

He's not drinking water but they do something like this with Medivh.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    since this is Warcraft 1 era, what should actually happen is a large disembodied hand should simply delete Medivh and build a new unit to replace him

• Options
    edited June 2016
    rhylith wrote: »

Mages can't cast Innervate, they totally didn't follow the game at all

Also Blink never got stuck on a leaf sticking two inches out of the ground, totally unrealistic

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    @javen if there's cool engineer mats in that bank I'll pull them out, I'm not at home right now though

Sure. If I come across any I'll mail them to you

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Mages can't cast Innervate, they totally didn't follow the game at all

Also Blink never got stuck on a leaf sticking two inches out of the ground, totally unrealistic

Medivh is clearly subclassed into Druid since he can turn into a bird and all.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    so yeah Warcraft felt like watching A New Hope

I thought it was a great way to launch a franchise

lots of cool moments

Xehalus on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    So given current income opportunities, without 'playing' the AH which can generate ridiculous amounts, how hard is it to farm enough gold to buy time with each month?

• Options
    If you're at max level, you can essentially turn your garrison into a money farm--only hire followers that have the gold-boost buff, get them to the requisite ilevel as to a reasonable mission-completion rate, rake in the money.

You can only hire one follower per week from the tavern, tho, so this can take some time to set up.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    If you're at max level, you can essentially turn your garrison into a money farm--only hire followers that have the gold-boost buff, get them to the requisite ilevel as to a reasonable mission-completion rate, rake in the money.

You can only hire one follower per week from the tavern, tho, so this can take some time to set up.

This is becoming nerfed once legion drops so I wouldnt consider it viable anymore unless you're already mostly set up.

Regarding farming money for tokenage. Usually you just do the cataclysm raids. If you're able to do them in 25H (Fairly simple for geared characters) you can get something like 6000-8000g a week from them.
    That becomes 24-32k a month from what amounts to relatively little time spent each week. No longer enough to buy a token outright, but it'll definitely get you close.

This discussion has been closed.