As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Overwatch

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Overwatch

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Overwatch. You can watch the full length version of this episode here.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    kadagankadagan Registered User regular
    I really like Overwatch.. But isn't this kind of cheating for a "First 15"? They have already both played this game before..

• Options
    Joshua_PAJoshua_PA Registered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    It's the first time they had tried the console version, they had only played the PC version before that. We figured that there could potentially be enough difference there to count as a new experience.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Spin-Off idea: Last 15. Mike and Jerry go back and revisit old games for 15 minutes. Comparing their memories with the reality of those games. The first one would have to be SIN of course.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Spin-Off idea: Last 15. Mike and Jerry go back and revisit old games for 15 minutes. Comparing their memories with the reality of those games. The first one would have to be SIN of course.
    I really like this idea

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

so it would be 15 minutes of load time?

hooooooooooooooo

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    What's with the weird audio hiccups at the beginning and end of this one? XD

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I really like this idea

Yeah, I wasn't joking at all. I'd be totally into it. Since these would be games they are familiar with, starting them from scratch might not be the best. Having the game cued near some iconic moments might be good. Or just a fully unlocked game to tool around with for something like Tony Hawk.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I really like this idea

Yeah, I wasn't joking at all. I'd be totally into it. Since these would be games they are familiar with, starting them from scratch might not be the best. Having the game cued near some iconic moments might be good. Or just a fully unlocked game to tool around with for something like Tony Hawk.

This would be fun. This should happen.

• Options
    WordLust wrote: »

It's a bug in Adobe Media Encoder where if I forget to put a track of silence under the entire episode it repeats a snippet of the previous audio in any gaps in the audio tracks. Unfortunately I sometimes forget to add the extra track when I'm done editing.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Joshua_PA wrote: »

It's a bug in Adobe Media Encoder where if I forget to put a track of silence under the entire episode it repeats a snippet of the previous audio in any gaps in the audio tracks. Unfortunately I sometimes forget to add the extra track when I'm done editing.

Unrelated to this, but I have to ask: do you often have to stifle the urge to yell stuff at the guys while they are playing? Along the lines of "it's waiting for you to press that flashing button over there!"? Because sometimes I do that at my screen. I know it's because it's a lot easier to tell some stuff when you're purely spectating. I just wondered if you wound up almost doing that a lot.

• Options
    dennis wrote: »
    Joshua_PA wrote: »

Unrelated to this, but I have to ask: do you often have to stifle the urge to yell stuff at the guys while they are playing? Along the lines of "it's waiting for you to press that flashing button over there!"? Because sometimes I do that at my screen. I know it's because it's a lot easier to tell some stuff when you're purely spectating. I just wondered if you wound up almost doing that a lot.

Oh definitely, and sometimes I do end up saying something because they can't see it and aren't getting anywhere, but for the most part I just bite my tongue and try not to interfere and let them experience it as naturally as possible.