As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hex: Shards of Fate] PvE TCG - FRA 2.0 is that guy who brings a netdeck to casual play

14567810ยป

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    You can get KS rewards recovered at least if you failed to migrate your account before the deadline.
    Backer Reward Recovery

Posted by Nathan Revere

Hello everyone,

We very much intend to do everything we can to preserve your rewards. If you missed the transition deadline, we may still be able to help. Our engineers have been working on a way we can aid those who supported HEX at the very beginning. If you didn't transition over already, please reach out to our support with your original backer email.

Instructions on how to contact our support can be found here.

https://www.hextcg.com/hexsupport/

We should be able to recover your backer rewards.

Sincerely,

The HEX Team

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So the redone frost arena is reasonably fun, don't really have most of the cards that anyone recommends for it but was able to clear a few decks. They really bumped up the card and ability quality on the opponents but the ai seems about the same. Won a game I should have lost because the elite lore gargoyle really wanted to deck himself.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    So the redone frost arena is reasonably fun, don't really have most of the cards that anyone recommends for it but was able to clear a few decks. They really bumped up the card and ability quality on the opponents but the ai seems about the same. Won a game I should have lost because the elite lore gargoyle really wanted to deck himself.

Cheap FRA staples:
    • Morphology - Best removal available
    • Contract Killing - Free removal for hyper-aggressive decks
    • Spirit of Retribution - Equipment to play it for free has no threshold requirements
    • Phenteo's Gift - The best win condition, no contest
    • Hunger of the Mountain God - Smash face

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I wasn't threatening perfect runs but my old highly unoptimized Righteous Paladin deck (only three Righteous Paladins because I am too cheap to buy the fourth one) could still complete it.

Is it best to juts skip the first tier of fights? Worth running it if you get the perfect tier reward? Never worth it?

Does the AI still almost never use the card they get from Morphology? Never/almost never did before, plus the equipment to draw cards from it made it so broken before. But they've fixed up some similar issues elsewhere like the AI never playing presents from that Christmas card.

• Options
    I wasn't threatening perfect runs but my old highly unoptimized Righteous Paladin deck (only three Righteous Paladins because I am too cheap to buy the fourth one) could still complete it.

Is it best to juts skip the first tier of fights? Worth running it if you get the perfect tier reward? Never worth it?

Does the AI still almost never use the card they get from Morphology? Never/almost never did before, plus the equipment to draw cards from it made it so broken before. But they've fixed up some similar issues elsewhere like the AI never playing presents from that Christmas card.
    The AI is more likely to play the card than it was before. It seems to vary a little based on the opponent, but they'll frequently play it the next chance they get.

For new FRA I'd say that if your deck can't reliably beat tier 3 that you should play tier 1.

• Options
    In case it comes up, Hex has provided a way to recover an account lost during the transition from Gameforge.

You need to know someone who has you on their friend list, but they can cross-reference account activity with those IDs to figure out who you are.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I have 12 people still on my friends list with just the Guid's showing (non converted accounts). At least some of them are likely from someone here.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I have 12 people still on my friends list with just the Guid's showing (non converted accounts). At least some of them are likely from someone here.

I saw this as guilds on first glance. I suppose that idea is with raids, triple backs, and card achievements?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

I saw this as guilds on first glance. I suppose that idea is with raids, triple backs, and card achievements?

Probably never happening, yeah.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular

Probably never happening, yeah.

The raids or the triple back thing? I'm still holding out hope about the guilds/raids thing, but /shrug.

I've been playing this a bit more lately, I netdecked a pretty fun Blood/Diamond "Twilight" deck here:
    http://www.jeffhoogland.com/2016/06/budget-hex-constructed-decks/

and I've had pretty good success in Frost Arena with it.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Raids and guilds haven't happened yet and it's been like four years since the first round of releases. If guilds ever come out I think they'll be a half baked chat system rather than the "guild deck library" stuff that was originally planned.

Happy to eat crow and all that, but the game has already earned the bulk of money it's going to earn in its lifespan, so development isn't speeding up at this point.

• Options
    Set 8 Dead of Winter is releasing today here in an hour or so.

https://www.hextcg.com/friday-update-winter/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wish they updated single player half as much as releasing new sets.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Is there any timeline for the next pve area?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    PVE releases don't pay the bills though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    *shrug* I don't pretend to understand their business model, but I feel like they are doing something wrong. It should be very possible to make a good PVE game and make money. I think they have a captive audience that already has a lot of money in cards and they are taking the easy route to put out new sets as fast as possible to rake it in. I don't see how they get out of that either, but it doesn't make me happy.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    3 Sets a year isn't quick for a TCG. The PVP sets get stale enough as it is after 3 months.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fair enough. I still think it is as quick as they can.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Hex Set 9 release on Friday.
    https://www.hextcg.com/doombringer-full-spoiler-list/

Some cool stuff there.

Also they release a Siege Defense mode a few weeks ago:

https://www.hextcg.com/introducing-siege/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Co-op or guilds yet?

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Haha no

• Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    How's the siege defense working out? I haven't logged in in a WHILE, but the Keep defense thing seemed like a cool idea back in the day. My concern early on was the ability for the AI to play complex decks well. Are people doing this and is it interesting? The fact that they changed it so that the keep decks can be eternal / PvE legal while the attackers must be recent sets only PvP might offset the AI issues a bit.

• Options
    Didn't read the article at first and just assumed it was PVE content.

How foolish of me! Can't have PVE content.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited March 2018
    This new set release is bringing some PVE updates to Arena and new PVE cards
    https://www.hextcg.com/pve-updates-doombringer-edition/

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That's better than nothing, but doing the same things over and over for the chance of getting new rewards isn't enough to make me want to re-download the game this time. It would be nice to have something new.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Based on the steamcharts.com stuff, Hex hasn't seen much more than 2-300 players concurrently in the past several months. I stopped playing previously because I kept getting paired against the same people and the same decks and I don't see why that'd be any different now. Hopefully new sets or new PvE stuff can revitalize this but I think it might be too far gone sadly.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Yes, that fits with my experiences with the game. A few sets back I came back mid season and tried to do a draft. I was in Wood league or dirt league or whatever new people are in. Got matched against cosmic league streamer Jeff Hoogland. Got destroyed pretty hard and on stream too! (joy). I have not drafted since. I haven't PVP-ed since. I actually have a VIP tournament token that I don't think I can trade but have no interest in using.

I get the impression that there is a core of backers/people who bought in deep and they can't ignore sunk costs and leave. So they keep playing. There just isn't that much to hold my attention unless I am either really good at pvp or want to pay to be farmed for wins.

I'd love to see someone make a single player game style out of what Hex PVE tried to do. If they made a full pve game, maybe they could put legendary cards in the same rarity as rare so the grind isn't so bad.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    https://www.hextcg.com/friday-update-a-few-words/

Hex has, after months of silence, provided us an update on their status. The TL;DR is that they're almost out of money and can't justify buying the art for the next set until the stuff they're working on pans out.

Which isn't surprising considering there was a whole twitter thing about the artists for the last set not having been paid.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Christ I really should have just taken that offer to sell my account for $50 half a year ago.

• Options
    So you're saying we're not getting guild raids. :P

• Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's not good news. That being said, I haven't really logged in in quite some time, so if it were to die, I'd be upset I was out a pretty sizable kickstarter pledge, but I probably wouldn't miss it much. I think I, perhaps unrealistically, expected a game that had a lot more PvE content; there are other places I can go to do drafts and constructed, but equipment, mercenaries, questlines, levelling up, etc, all combined with TCG gameplay was something I couldn't really get anywhere else.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I hold no real ill will towards them at this point. I knew the risks kickstarting. I certainly hope the can pull it out.

Honestly, it's surprising they made it this long.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Kinda been thinking that Artifact would be the nail in their coffin but not sure if they'll make it that long... makes me sad as I've 5646 hours logged in Steam client for Hex.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Kinda been thinking that Artifact would be the nail in their coffin but not sure if they'll make it that long... makes me sad as I've 5646 hours logged in Steam client for Hex.

whoa

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2