As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Hydraulic [GIFV] Thread (NSF56k/Mobile)

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I mean I could do that I just dont wanna

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

I used to do some cool stuff with cards, but that finale will always be beyond my skill cap.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    My girlfriend wanted to buy a Jeep and call it the Mako.

Then she test-drove a Jeep and it turns out Jeeps are awful cars.

Now she drives a Nissan Rogue which I bought stick-on chrome letters for to spell "LEADER" under the name.

My TJ owns I will fight you

It was her test-drive. Fight her.

Good luck.

Jeeps haven't been good for 10 years or so, but before that there were cranky old war horses that would run forever.

She would agree with you on this point.

She was upset because she wanted a Jeep when she was a kid in the 90s and driving a modern, 2011-2015 Wrangler in her price range felt like garbage.

Yea, a lot of the things that make them great off road really don't translate well to on road driving.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

Now she drives a Nissan Rogue which I bought stick-on chrome letters for to spell "LEADER" under the name.

Good luck.

Jeeps haven't been good for 10 years or so, but before that there were cranky old war horses that would run forever.

She would agree with you on this point.

She was upset because she wanted a Jeep when she was a kid in the 90s and driving a modern, 2011-2015 Wrangler in her price range felt like garbage.

Yea, a lot of the things that make them great off road really don't translate well to on road driving.

When I first got mine and was researching a few common mods, a dude on a forum said
    I mean they're Jeeps. They're loud, cold, leaky and awesome

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    There's actually 3 new RCT type games floating around.

Planet Coaster, which is apparently really good if you like making creative rides and parks.
    Roller Coaster Tycoon Worlds, the "official" RCT sequel that apparently sucks complete ass
    Parkitect, which is supposed to be much more of a management sim than a ride creator.

For the record, it should be noted that while Planet Coaster is not an official RCT sequel, it is made by the company that made RCT3. They decided not to continue making RCTs because they felt the Tycoon brand had been tarnished, which it is, because RCT and Zoo Tycoons have been the only Tycoon games in a long time that were anything approaching decent. (They've also registered the trademark Planet Safari, suggesting that the zoo part of RCT3 will be coming back to Planet Coaster.)

Also, I find interesting that in that gif, there were a whole bunch of people left on the path. So something about the physics engine made the train shoot up into the air after hitting a sufficient number of bodies, meaning that the bodies were somehow all modeled as a single mass in some way?

hippofant on
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Watching the gif a few more times I don't think the spray of bodies is from the rail cars themselves - the front two cars are up on their back wheels as they approach that clump of people, and there are no cars airborne when the camera swings around. I think the spray is solely the people being displaced by the cars colliding with them en masse and at high speed.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Watching the gif a few more times I don't think the spray of bodies is from the rail cars themselves - the front two cars are up on their back wheels as they approach that clump of people, and there are no cars airborne when the camera swings around. I think the spray is solely the people being displaced by the cars colliding with them en masse and at high speed.

There's like a bazillion more bodies in the air than the cars themselves hold. You can see the huge mob of people it crashes into, it's flinging them all into the air.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Good luck.

There were still a lot of build quality issues, but yeah if you find a good Jeep it's just as tough and unkillable as an old Hilux.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2016

Good luck.

There were still a lot of build quality issues, but yeah if you find a good Jeep it's just as tough and unkillable as an old Hilux.

The great things about the older Jeeps especially is that it isn't too hard to fix the build quality issues yourself. Plus the mountain of spare parts you can find in pretty much every town in America.

I'd love an old Toyota kitted out back to the future style though. That would be sweet.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

no, fuck you

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Cardistry is super cool but falls firmly into the "thats awesome but why" school of neat skills

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Close up magic is about as useful as socks at an orgy, or any other Drew Carey points metaphor from Whose Line.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It's clearly reversed, anyway.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Close up magic is about as useful as socks at an orgy, or any other Drew Carey points metaphor from Whose Line.
    I dunno, close up magic seems useful

MTFzAve.gif

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Cardistry is super cool but falls firmly into the "thats awesome but why" school of neat skills

why paint, why sing, why do anything? really, the answer is in the first half of the question ("thats awesome"). some people just like doing cool stuff.

sig.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    I dunno, close up magic seems useful

MTFzAve.gif
    NO CARD SLEEVES! SHRIIIIEEEEEEEEK!!!

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    coolness is its own reward

broken image link
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

So graceful...

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    The Corgi did it on purpose so the person wouldn't feel bad about wiping out.

• Options

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

• Options
    They look very upset that the snow has ruined their yard.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I would be, too. Fuck snow.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    What is snow?

Also, what kind of tree does that white pollen come from?

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Close up magic is the best kind of magic.

• Options

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited November 2016

Close up magic is the best kind of magic.
    Depends on your spec

Panda4You on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

I must know what she is doing!?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Being adorable.

• Options
    Playing a fish game on the ipad.

Just not so great at the depth perception.

• Options

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Tortoises are ornery.

• Options

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    cats are ridiculous

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    cats are ridiculous

And that's just what they let us see them doing.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    giphy.gif

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Radical Feminism

This discussion has been closed.