As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fighting Games Part 423: Now is the winter of our discount Xrd

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I lucked into a couple of good lobbies with players around my skill level, with the exception of one match against someone with a flag I didn't recognize but apparently represented BFE, Egypt.

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

I see the PS4 version is only a few dollars more.

Is this the newest one? I've lost track of GG and BlazBlue's naming structure.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Yes, it is the most recent one.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    fuuuuuck put revelator out on PC

people are dying in my circle of friends

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Oh snap, that's close enough to the magic $15 pricepoint that I'll snap that up!
    PS4 is where it's at for the good fighters!

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Everyone needs to buy revelator.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    when i spool up revelator

no.jpg

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

no.jpg

I barely have a handle on faultless defense and one of the types of roman cancels. I could not tell you the right way to use dead angle, the several burst types, blitz shield, blitz attack, and probably some other stuff whose names I don't remember.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    play leo
    press buttons receive combo

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    play leo
    press buttons receive combo

Leo was the first character I picked up with Xrd, and thought "man I'm fucking good at Guilty Gear"

After switching to Sol and now Milia, I can definitively state that no, I am not

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Zato swag

Ky setups

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Giant anchor.

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Sexy guitar witch.

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »

no.jpg

I barely have a handle on faultless defense and one of the types of roman cancels. I could not tell you the right way to use dead angle, the several burst types, blitz shield, blitz attack, and probably some other stuff whose names I don't remember.

Dead Angle = V-Reversal, except it costs 50% super gauge
    Blue Burst = c-c-c-c-combo breaker except when you are being thrown or eating a Super, this is what you usually use Burst for
    Gold Burst = you are balling and try to show up your opponent, you will probably get shown up for doing this, stick to Blue Burst plz
    Blitz Shield = parry that costs 25% super gauge and makes your opponent stagger for a longass time when it works
    Blitz Attack = Fully Charged Focus Attack: unblockable and staggers the opponent, just like level 3 fully charged focus attack

To be honest, it is often easier to intuit when to use Dead Angle / Alpha Counter / whatever-you-want-to-call-it than when to use faultless defense.

Blitz Shield is useful when your opponent is rushing you down in a way that is very predictable, but that is hard to stop with the moves that your character has. Like if you're playing as Faust and Sol is in your face and pressing any button except for throw isn't working out for you, you can try Blitz Shield. Alternatively, if you have your opponent read like a book, Blitz Shield will blow up his offense even when you aren't feeling pressured. The reward for a successful Blitz Shield is pretty much a full combo, no matter which character you are.

The new roman cancel system is tons of fun, and since just busting one out when you haven't hit the opponent only costs 25% meter, you are encouraged to do it often as a way of closing the distance or killing recovery of a move you throw out from afar. Supers in GG tend to kind of suck with just a few exceptions, so using your super gauge for your defensive options and roman cancel is quite normal.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the only characters I ever had a shred of decency with was Ky and Venom

both have long pokey weapons

if this sale kicks off some sort of GG renaissance let me know and I'll turn it on, but im out of town this week

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    More people need to play rev

• Options
    Famitsu: You announced at an event recently that in December, at PSX (PlayStation Experience), Akuma is going to be playable, so I'd like to ask a bit about that.

Ono: Nobody said that Akuma's in the game, haha.

Famitsu: Eh?! Then what was that announcement video?

Ono: We actually never said that a new character is coming at all. We just said that people would be able to experience what we showed in that video, that's all, haha.

Famitsu: That's what it meant?! Well then, at least we can confirm that there's something to personally experience at the PSX?

Ono: Yes. That's undeniable. But it's going to be something that betrays everyone's expectations, in a good way, I think.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/nov/23/ono-nobody-said-akumas-street-fighter-5-laughs-we-actually-never-said-new-character-coming-all/

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Troll-no continues to be the best aspect of SF

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    It'll just be Oni dressed up as Akuma.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    New character is Dan with a $10 Akuma skin.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Troll-no continues to be the best aspect of SF

ono's mindgames are on point

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    They left all the giggling out of that interview transcript

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    fuck event hubs

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    SFV anyone?

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Your "almost totally bullshit" rumor for the day: a whispered unaubstantiated leak of marvel vs capcom announcement at psx

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I may turn on the PS4 tonight to download GGRev at that deal.

I was a Leo main because I'm a sucker for rekkas and also he was fun to play. Before Leo though, I was big on Jam.

I understand that Jam is not a very good character in Rev right now, but if that means I will be a low tier scrub, then I will own it.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    I may turn on the PS4 tonight to download GGRev at that deal.

I was a Leo main because I'm a sucker for rekkas and also he was fun to play. Before Leo though, I was big on Jam.

I understand that Jam is not a very good character in Rev right now, but if that means I will be a low tier scrub, then I will own it.

Jam is a lot better tier wise now than she was at release.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    100% certain now, removed

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    This MvC4 thread on neogaf is a hell of a thing

• Options
    The only thing I've seen that is remotely convincing is a couple shots of a vague "4" logo, which I do think is all we'd get from PSX, just an announcement of it and no further info

But that's also easy enough to fake within the day yesterday

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The only thing I've seen that is remotely convincing is a couple shots of a vague "4" logo, which I do think is all we'd get from PSX, just an announcement of it and no further info

But that's also easy enough to fake within the day yesterday

Street Fighter 4 Remastered

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI2IcgvpNRI

duff duff bonk slap pop biff whap blat thump crack boof

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently some Capcom folks have gotten out there to say "no we don't have MvC4 you lunatics"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Wimble wrote: »

I haven't paid much attention to the scene lately, how's Smuggles been doing? He found anyone he can put on shows of this level with? Because his videos were always just delights to watch.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

I haven't paid much attention to the scene lately, how's Smuggles been doing? He found anyone he can put on shows of this level with? Because his videos were always just delights to watch.

he's got a good balrog, but he's had to put street fighter on the back burner as he finishes up his degree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_FtIoKQRG0

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

It's with mentioning that he did all those Dudley combos on a stock 360 garbage pad with a ridiculous claw grip. The rest of us really have no excuse.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

he's got a good balrog, but he's had to put street fighter on the back burner as he finishes up his degree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_FtIoKQRG0

Good on him

This discussion has been closed.