As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Last Presidential Election Thread You Will Ever Wear

19495969798100»

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

Cash on Hand at CLOSE of the Reporting Period 1,289,507.76

Dang. No wonder he wanted to fire Lewandowski and probably cause a distraction.

Couscous on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Well it makes sense. With hands as ludicrously Lilliputian as Trump's, how could he have any more cash than that on them?

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    EkuveDz.jpg

Oof.

Cash on hand down by half. And it's so little to begin with...

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    It looks like Trump did not forgive the debt the campaign owed him. People were talking about him doing that to calm potential donors down.

The opinions of a few political writers appear to be "holy shit, that is bad."

Couscous on
  • Options
    Here's the DNC's.
    http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00010603/1079360/

Also seems a little anemic, honestly.

And Sanders, I guess. For the curious.
    http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00577130/1079424/

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Here's the DNC's.
    http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00010603/1079360/

Also seems a little anemic, honestly.

And Sanders, I guess. For the curious.
    http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00577130/1079424/

I think the Hillary Victory Fund or whatever is called is the main DNC fundraising org from now until the election.

3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Debbie Dingell has 40% of that for a House seat that has been in her husband's family since literally FDR's first election.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    That makes sense. I've never really looked at this stuff before.

---

Almost 15% of what Trump raised in May went straight to the Mar-a-Lago resort... which is owned by Trump. Maybe the campaign is for money laundering?

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

---

Almost 15% of what Trump raised in May went straight to the Mar-o-Lago resort... which is owned by Trump.

Trump assumes mantle of GOP nominee, uses it to direct campaign spending toward his own business ventures

it's like an ouroboros of grift

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Fun fact: The Trump campaign's cash on hand at the end of May was below the cash on hand for the top 50 House members.

https://www.opensecrets.org/overview/topraise.php?cycle=2016&view=topcash&display=A&memb=H

Trump also loaned the campaign over $2 million in May.

Couscous on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Agreed, Trump's an ass, but I don't want him murdered.

Also, as an aside, it's interesting to note this guy had to try and go for a cop's gun because he couldn't obtain one himself.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Can we not? :(

Seriously, as much as I disagree with Trump, I don't want anything ending in blood.

Not do what? I don't want blood either.

I'm pointing out that this guy needed to try and steal a weapon off a police officer to shoot someone, and yet here in the States the GOP is getting petitioned to allow open carry at their convention.

this was in the States. it was in Nevada.

That's what I get for looking at this on my phone.

• Options
    KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Fun fact: Trump's cash on hand at the end of May was below the cash on hand for the top 50 House members.

https://www.opensecrets.org/overview/topraise.php?cycle=2016&view=topcash&display=A&memb=H

If any Democratic House or Senate candidate makes a joke about how they have more money than Donald Trump I will donate money to them.

3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

For relection right? Bribing them is much cheaper, IIRC. Like only in the tens of thousands?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Fun fact: Ted Cruz raised nearly as much money in May as Donald Trump did ($3.1m vs. $2.7m), and as of May 31, Cruz had five times as much available cash as Trump ($6.8m vs. $1.3m).

Second fun fact: Ted Cruz dropped out of the race on May 3rd.

I simply don't understand this election.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Fun fact: Ted Cruz raised nearly as much money in May as Donald Trump did ($3.1m vs. $2.7m), and as of May 31, Cruz had five times as much available cash as Trump ($6.8m vs. $1.3m).

Third fun fact:
    The Trump campaign is paying $215 a month to store SOMETHING at Uncle Bob's Self-Storage in Baton Rouge.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Third fun fact:
    The Trump campaign is paying $215 a month to store SOMETHING at Uncle Bob's Self-Storage in Baton Rouge.

Is it Christie?

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

Third fun fact:

When was the last time anybody heard from Bobby Jindal?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, for all this laughing about money, Trump still won the nomination dispite a similar deficit.

Don't laugh. Take the advantage and force them. Drive them into the ground.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Tox wrote: »

Third fun fact:

When was the last time anybody heard from Bobby Jindal?

has anyone ever seen Christie and jindal in the same room

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Yeah, for all this laughing about money, Trump still won the nomination dispite a similar deficit.

I'll opt to do both.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

I'll opt to do both.

Besides, getting laughed at makes Donald Trump do stupid shit

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

I'll opt to do both.

Also, none of us are on Hillary's committee. Which is pressing the advantage regardless of our laughter.

To be honest, it'll be interesting to see how the 50 State Strategy approach works since they have enough of a surplus to focus overlapping attack ads in competitive districts.

Congressman McRepresentative R-TN is a Trump Republican. Do you want to sell off the TVA to the highest bidder like Donald Trump and that guy? Then vote you bastards. I approve this message.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Paying $423k to Mar-a-Lago Club sounds suspicious but I do not know how important the event was and if Trump got it for cheap.

Edit: looks like $349k on his own planes.

20% of spending was on his companies and family member expenses.

Couscous on
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

Trump got millions in free advertising and ran against the most anemic the republicans imaginable so how much did he really need to spend?

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    He's bankrupting his campaign, which honestly a lot of campaigns end up under water after election while paying himself, his staff whose last name is trump and the hotels/golf courses where he hosts some events money.

Also, I'm probably too drunk to post, so I'll stop. I lurk so much and only post shitfaced.

This fucking election, right?!

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

---

Almost 15% of what Trump raised in May went straight to the Mar-a-Lago resort... which is owned by Trump. Maybe the campaign is for money laundering?

Like this wasn't even a question for me. This campaign will definitely be used for money laundering.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Paying $423k to Mar-a-Lago Club sounds suspicious but I do not know how important the event was and if Trump got it for cheap.

You gotta admit, Trump is a gifted grifter. He knows a mark when he sees one.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Guess what arrived
    13507205_867549037927_1880163275692812908_n.jpg?oh=537c98661e800e2226e98e7a878374ae&oe=57D87FA6

13509118_867549072857_542485691614286717_n.jpg?oh=8fb989b1bd253d58efc01562a2815adf&oe=57E0C98F

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Fits in any size wallet, pocket, or hands.

Well played, Hillary, well played.

• Options
    The Trump campaign had 69 staff as of the end of May according to the FEC filing.

*giggle*

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    529256606_jMxuh-2100x20000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.