Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

West 2016 [Registration] is live!

1234568

Posts

  • Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    Spoke with Nellie at Reed Pop and she had no idea why my orders were flagged. She up channeled my issue to her supervisor for review and said she would call back today. Fingers crossed. LOL i am shaking with nervousness

    PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    Unbelievable.....just got emails from ReedPop refunding my passes even though I spoke with two separate reps who looked at my account and didn't see anything that would warrant this action. I am so upset I want to cry...we all know how hard it is to score face value passes. Now I have to resort to EBay or something. Am on vacation right now and this has totally ruined it. I don't even know who to talk to about it because Reed Pop customer service couldn't answer any questions and as of 5pm eastern today were waiting to hear from the "show team" why my purchases were flagged. 17 min later I got the refund emails. How does this happen?

    PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Unbelievable.....just got emails from ReedPop refunding my passes even though I spoke with two separate reps who looked at my account and didn't see anything that would warrant this action. I am so upset I want to cry...we all know how hard it is to score face value passes. Now I have to resort to EBay or something. Am on vacation right now and this has totally ruined it. I don't even know who to talk to about it because Reed Pop customer service couldn't answer any questions and as of 5pm eastern today were waiting to hear from the "show team" why my purchases were flagged. 17 min later I got the refund emails. How does this happen?

    Do NOT give up yet.

    Until they resell them, you may get them back. They have not resold them yet.

  • Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »

    Do NOT give up yet.

    Until they resell them, you may get them back. They have not resold them yet.

    At this point I don't know who to call or talk to. I could try to get some on the resale but will they flag that too?

    PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »

    Do NOT give up yet.

    Until they resell them, you may get them back. They have not resold them yet.

    At this point I don't know who to call or talk to. I could try to get some on the resale but will they flag that too?

    You need to escalate customer service or get ahold of somebody on the PA end. You didn't violate the policy, make sure you get the badges back before the resale happens.

    They have the ability to do it.

  • Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    How do I contact someone from PA? Got the feeling I will just get the runaround from Reed Pop tomorrow morning when I call. They deferred to the "show team" which is probably PA when I spoke to cust service last week. Will have to insist on getting a contact name and number from Reed Pop. The original refund notification came from a Cathy Glickstein (RP Sr Regustration Mgr) who conveniently went to a Con right after sending out the email, so no luck talking to her. Got a feeling I am screwed, and can't even take part in the resale.

    PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    How do I contact someone from PA? Got the feeling I will just get the runaround from Reed Pop tomorrow morning when I call. They deferred to the "show team" which is probably PA when I spoke to cust service last week. Will have to insist on getting a contact name and number from Reed Pop. The original refund notification came from a Cathy Glickstein (RP Sr Regustration Mgr) who conveniently went to a Con right after sending out the email, so no luck talking to her. Got a feeling I am screwed, and can't even take part in the resale.
    How do I contact someone from PA? Got the feeling I will just get the runaround from Reed Pop tomorrow morning when I call. They deferred to the "show team" which is probably PA when I spoke to cust service last week. Will have to insist on getting a contact name and number from Reed Pop. The original refund notification came from a Cathy Glickstein (RP Sr Regustration Mgr) who conveniently went to a Con right after sending out the email, so no luck talking to her. Got a feeling I am screwed, and can't even take part in the resale.

    [email protected]
    You could also try Twitter. But I bet email is better.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2016
    I think the "show team" is still largely ReedPOP but might also include PA people. They handle most of the stuff for PAX as far as logistics go. The best way to contact pax outside of email is http://twitter.com/official_pax

    edit: I double checked and the avenues of communication you have tried are the only ones I know about being available.

    zerzhul on
    EC0T4r7.pngoW9G6G8.png
  • Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    Have tried Twitter and email Pax_questions, [email protected] and direct to CGlickstein with no responses. Lack of communication why the passes were canx and no one for me to plead my case make this so frustrating and infuriating

    PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, all the people you are contacting are getting bombarded with people who did violate the ticket policies(and likely claiming they didn't).


    Getting through that is going to be difficult.

  • Inod3Inod3 Registered User new member
    Probably the biggest reason for cancelled tickets is if more than one order is placed at the same address. Do you happen to live at an apartment? It could be that in whatever address type database they're using your address doesn't show up as an apartment and as a result they think it's multiple people using the same address.

  • deguzmanddeguzmand Registered User new member
    edited July 2016
    To whoever it may concern,

    My name is David de Guzman and I have been going to PAX for 2 years now.
    The first time I went was in 2014 where I met so many of my online friends which encouraged me to go back to school, hence this school email.

    I can understand why my account was flagged but it was wrongfully flagged.

    The badges that were being purchased were sent to this address: 805 University Way

    PEOPLE:
    Mark de Guzman
    David de Guzman
    Geoff Worley

    Mark de Guzman and me, David de Guzman LIVE IN THIS ADDRESS
    And Geoff Worley is in the process of moving so he sent them our way.
    My account was flagged for being a scalper and that is far from the truth.
    I had a friend who was sending his tickets to my house, and I had another friend who was sending them to my house as well which was 805 E University Way.
    If you are able to look at previous history, last year a friend of mine sent them to this address as well because we are all meeting up at the same place the week before pax started.
    We were wrongfully flagged because we had multiple badges being sent here.

    I had weekend passes for my friends and family and now I have a big weight on my shoulder because now I don't have any.

    Here is the people and their information for which those badges were purchased by who are very angry with me and now I have to deal with the shame disappointment I brought to my friends.

    These are real people and you are more than happy to get into contact with them including myself.

    I am not a scalper and because I live locally in Washington, I know who the scalpers are.
    We are not Scalpers.
    They are the same ones that have been selling badges for the past years I've been going.
    And they are the same people from Emerald City Comic.

    And that is not me.

    I love PAX and all I wanted to do is go and I have never done anything scalping related in my entire life.
    The badges being sent to my home was the correct one for all of those.
    And they were purchased by 3 different people.

    Mark de Guzman
    Geoff Worley
    David de Guzman

    We all bought our badges fairly and we sent them to our home because we live in 805 E University Way

    And Geoff Worley sent them to our home because we live at Central Washington University, and he is in the process of moving to new apartments because it is summer school here.

    Geoff Worley has also been sending you emails but to no avail have gotten anything from customer service.
    [email protected]

    https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/13652692_10208015704842741_1631709809_n.png?oh=b309c13250bf9674461f6434f14391ed&oe=5786BEB7

    What I am asking is please in anyway possible to let me buy my badges so I can go to the convention that changed the path of my life.

    These are terms that I feel make my claim just and prove that I am not a scalper and just a PAX goer who is trying to get his badges back.
    Which I feel abides by the policy in which PAX claims as fair to uphold.

    I would love to have these picked up on-site if that can be arranged for future so it doesn't mark me as a flagger.
    Or I can have the address changed.

    Please let me know what I can do to further clear up any misunderstandings in order to help me gain my badges back.

    Please and Thank you very much for your time.
    I understand it may be a difficult job to deal with people like us,
    but I really hope that you can make this exception and I will know in the future to not send 3 orders to the same house.

    Thank you for your time
    -David de Guzman

    deguzmand on
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    You should try contact them at [email protected] or sending a tweet to http://twitter.com/official_pax. This is just the forum for PAX attendees/fans, not PA staff...and I would edit out the street address from your posting if I were you.

  • BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    I have also heard of cancellations due to using a PO box.

    PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    deguzmand wrote: »
    To whoever it may concern,

    My name is David de Guzman and I have been going to PAX for 2 years now.
    The first time I went was in 2014 where I met so many of my online friends which encouraged me to go back to school, hence this school email.

    I can understand why my account was flagged but it was wrongfully flagged.

    The badges that were being purchased were sent to this address: 805 University Way

    PEOPLE:
    Mark de Guzman
    David de Guzman
    Geoff Worley

    Mark de Guzman and me, David de Guzman LIVE IN THIS ADDRESS
    And Geoff Worley is in the process of moving so he sent them our way.
    My account was flagged for being a scalper and that is far from the truth.
    I had a friend who was sending his tickets to my house, and I had another friend who was sending them to my house as well which was 805 E University Way.
    If you are able to look at previous history, last year a friend of mine sent them to this address as well because we are all meeting up at the same place the week before pax started.
    We were wrongfully flagged because we had multiple badges being sent here.

    I had weekend passes for my friends and family and now I have a big weight on my shoulder because now I don't have any.

    Here is the people and their information for which those badges were purchased by who are very angry with me and now I have to deal with the shame disappointment I brought to my friends.

    These are real people and you are more than happy to get into contact with them including myself.

    I am not a scalper and because I live locally in Washington, I know who the scalpers are.
    We are not Scalpers.
    They are the same ones that have been selling badges for the past years I've been going.
    And they are the same people from Emerald City Comic.

    And that is not me.

    I love PAX and all I wanted to do is go and I have never done anything scalping related in my entire life.
    The badges being sent to my home was the correct one for all of those.
    And they were purchased by 3 different people.

    Mark de Guzman
    Geoff Worley
    David de Guzman

    We all bought our badges fairly and we sent them to our home because we live in 805 E University Way

    And Geoff Worley sent them to our home because we live at Central Washington University, and he is in the process of moving to new apartments because it is summer school here.

    Geoff Worley has also been sending you emails but to no avail have gotten anything from customer service.
    [email protected]

    https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/13652692_10208015704842741_1631709809_n.png?oh=b309c13250bf9674461f6434f14391ed&oe=5786BEB7

    What I am asking is please in anyway possible to let me buy my badges so I can go to the convention that changed the path of my life.

    These are terms that I feel make my claim just and prove that I am not a scalper and just a PAX goer who is trying to get his badges back.
    Which I feel abides by the policy in which PAX claims as fair to uphold.

    I would love to have these picked up on-site if that can be arranged for future so it doesn't mark me as a flagger.
    Or I can have the address changed.

    Please let me know what I can do to further clear up any misunderstandings in order to help me gain my badges back.

    Please and Thank you very much for your time.
    I understand it may be a difficult job to deal with people like us,
    but I really hope that you can make this exception and I will know in the future to not send 3 orders to the same house.

    Thank you for your time
    -David de Guzman



    While I feel for you greatly, and am sure you are not a scalper, I am not feeling sympathy for you. EVERYWHERE you look on the forums, the facebook pages, the Reddit threads and the internet in general, all say the same thing...


    DO NOT SHIP MORE THAN 1 ORDER TO THE SAME ADDRESS!!!!

    I hope you get things straightened out. But I would not be surprised if you end up not being able to go. In the future I would suggest that you just have them be Will-Call. This would resolve all issues, and you can just 'meet up' there.


    GOOD LUCK!!

    PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Ouch. Good luck man. And yeah, that needs to be highlighted, that no matter what you do do not have multiple orders come to a house. Make sure friends and old roommates aren't having them sent to your house. And so on. They're obviously very aggressive about this now, and it's just not worth the headache of, at best, having to get it reverse (and at worst losing badges).

    I do hope you can get this fixed.

  • gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    Bluemeane wrote: »



    While I feel for you greatly, and am sure you are not a scalper, I am not feeling sympathy for you. EVERYWHERE you look on the forums, the facebook pages, the Reddit threads and the internet in general, all say the same thing...


    DO NOT SHIP MORE THAN 1 ORDER TO THE SAME ADDRESS!!!!

    I hope you get things straightened out. But I would not be surprised if you end up not being able to go. In the future I would suggest that you just have them be Will-Call. This would resolve all issues, and you can just 'meet up' there.


    GOOD LUCK!!

    I thought will-call was only for international orders. Otherwise this would be the solution for everyone that finds themselves in that predicament...

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    will call is indeed only for international orders

    EC0T4r7.pngoW9G6G8.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    will call is indeed only for international orders

    Oh, well fancy that. Hadn't done it since like 2009. Kinda makes it tough to buy multiple badges if you're in a roommate situation then.

  • Goblin ScrewdriverGoblin Screwdriver Registered User regular
    Any luck so far in working with ReedPOP? I've been emailing them all week and so far all I've heard is that they cannot reissue an order after the refund has been processed. Of course I contacted them about a potential error before the refund was issued but they went through with it anyway. So far it's been rough making progress since I only receive one reply per-day and have a tough time getting off work to call and talk to someone in person.

    PAX Prime attendee since 2006

    Pointless signature checklist [x]
  • LBJWADE33LBJWADE33 Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »
    will call is indeed only for international orders

    Ordered 4 Friday, 4 Saturdays, 4 Sundays. Well within the allowed amount of tickets to be purchased per person.

    I got an email yesterday saying that my order was flagged, and that I would have to pick it up via will call.

    The problem is that I will be out of town for the holiday weekend until Saturday afternoon, and bought the tickets for my cousins/friends. I explained the situation and to ask them to look into why it was flagged in the first place. They respond with a generic copy paste answer to pick up tickets is the only way. So now I won't even be able to pick them up, so I email asking to just cancel and refund my order, since I'd rather just pay an extra few bucks to buy them at the door or even on stubhub, and now they won't even allow me refund because it's non-refundable, even though I bought the tickets with the original promise of shipping them.

    Going to email back but if not I guess I'll have to charge back my card because this is ridiculous.

  • BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    will call is indeed only for international orders

    I have called in the past right after my order and put them up for Will-call. Maybe they do not do this anymore? I guess if not then the only option is to send them to each persons address, and if more than one person live there use a friends or family members address. Anything to make sure you get your bobcats!!

    PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Inod3Inod3 Registered User new member
    LBJWADE33 wrote: »
    The problem is that I will be out of town for the holiday weekend until Saturday afternoon, and bought the tickets for my cousins/friends.

    The problem is if you were a scalper you'd be using the exact same excuse. There's not really a way for them to know that you're telling the truth when you say it and Bob on Ebay is lying. I am surprised they won't issue a refund. They can obviously resell the tickets very easily.

    I also find it interesting that the first wave of tickets flagged were in fact cancelled while the subsequent flagged tickets were switched to will call. Makes you wonder what's different.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bluemeane wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    will call is indeed only for international orders

    I have called in the past right after my order and put them up for Will-call. Maybe they do not do this anymore? I guess if not then the only option is to send them to each persons address, and if more than one person live there use a friends or family members address. Anything to make sure you get your bobcats!!
    There are special circumstances by which others can be on will-call, but when purchasing badges through showclix, only international orders can make the selection in showclix for will-call.

    EC0T4r7.pngoW9G6G8.png
  • LBJWADE33LBJWADE33 Registered User new member
    Inod3 wrote: »
    LBJWADE33 wrote: »
    The problem is that I will be out of town for the holiday weekend until Saturday afternoon, and bought the tickets for my cousins/friends.

    The problem is if you were a scalper you'd be using the exact same excuse. There's not really a way for them to know that you're telling the truth when you say it and Bob on Ebay is lying. I am surprised they won't issue a refund. They can obviously resell the tickets very easily.

    I also find it interesting that the first wave of tickets flagged were in fact cancelled while the subsequent flagged tickets were switched to will call. Makes you wonder what's different.

    Agreed. I'm just frustrated for two reasons mainly.

    1. They won't look into why mine was even flagged. It's under the allowed amount, and I've been buying it from this email the past 4 years. I literally sent them pictures of me and my friends at PAX the last 4 years to show I actually go.

    2. If not, then atleast let me refund them. I am literally going to be out $180 for Friday and half of the day Saturday for no reason. It's stupid.

  • dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Posted to the official PAX twitter:

    PAX West 2016 reclaimed badges are being released! You can pick them up right here:
    https://www.showclix.com/event/pp3594/

    dm_magic on
    bn4KEyz.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    OH SHIT SON GOT SOME

    No Saturdays, but got Friday, Sunday, and Monday.

  • dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    I was in within seconds (clicked the link between the Twitter notification and the mobile notification coming in) and there were still no Saturdays. No complaints though, still felt like a boss getting in.

  • n3rdlinkn3rdlink Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    FYI. i received email notification last night my badges shipped! 43 days!

  • solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Delete

    solomon123 on
    xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Never do what your enemy expects you to do! Registered User regular
    I got a shipping notice too. Which is nice, as it'll probably take awhile to get here being in Alaska.

    I remember once I got my tickets like a week and a half before PAX. That was nearly bad.

  • solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    To those who have gotten a shipping notification email: How many badges did you order?

    Just curious. It appears that they're sending out smaller orders first.

    xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Never do what your enemy expects you to do! Registered User regular
    I just got one for each day.

  • n3rdlinkn3rdlink Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    solomon123 wrote: »
    To those who have gotten a shipping notification email: How many badges did you order?

    Just curious. It appears that they're sending out smaller orders first.

    I ordered 1 set (each day) and two additional for saturday.

  • RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I only got one set.

    And my bobcats have arrived! And I still have to keep them fed for a month and a half...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/n4/43xaquwiee7p.jpg

    zerzhul on
    WAH1AQh.png
    2018 Checklist:
    Badges [X]
    Time off from work [X]
    Costume [X]
    Room Share [X]
    Patience [Non-existent since 2012]

  • S2000GanS2000Gan Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Should I be worried if I havent gotten an email about badges being shipped to me yet?

    hnx2ZrU.jpg
    lsG74EI.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    Should I be worried if I havent gotten an email about badges being shipped to me yet?

    No. PAX isn't for over 40 days. These badges are way before they usually come out.

  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    solomon123 wrote: »
    To those who have gotten a shipping notification email: How many badges did you order?

    Just curious. It appears that they're sending out smaller orders first.

    2 sets. I already received my (2) BYOC badges, and the (2) sets of PAX badges should be here today.

  • havok978havok978 Registered User regular
    I apparently have another issue in that my badges were shipped and claimed to be delivered according to the tracking number provided, but I don't have them. They certainly weren't delivered here...

    X4Tw3wP.png
Sign In or Register to comment.