Options

Overwatch: Kawaii Noon

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Zarya's industrial skin is cultural appropriation of Unreal Tournament.

I'm from the 90's and I take offense to that skin.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I made a friend's Mei spray better. The truth hurts.

NuOeJjDl.jpg

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Also, a less cool thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-wOh_fuTqI

What is with some of the shot mechanics in this game

There is some real wonky coding in this game at times, I'm guessing its just because it is blizzard's first FPS?

Overwatch is likely on the cutting edge when it comes to how to manage a multiplayer FPS. There's a reason why most games rely largely on hitscan weapons coupled with relatively slow-moving projectiles - because having a lot of fast-moving projectiles is more difficult to deal with. And yet when you think about the characters in Overwatch, the majority of them have projectile weapons, many of them nearly as fast as hitscan. It's pretty amazing that they are able to get the game's appearance to coincide with its behavior so consistently, given the variety of player connections and sheer amount of stuff on the screen.

I wouldn't be surprised if the vertical aiming issue is a byproduct of the prediction/reconciliation they do to determine where an object actually ends up. It might very well be an actual, conscious constraint, given the prioritization of the horizontal over the (purely) vertical. Like, you will very rarely encounter a scenario where someone will want to be aiming straight up/down, so they impose some sort of cone of fire to streamline the process.

Overwatch gets away with this stuff because it has an extreme level of favor the shooter baked into it's hitreg. It usually works out, but it can cause a lot of weird behavior due to the movement mechanics present in the game.

S'why Junkrat and Roadhog feel really random when you're on the receiving end sometimes, those projectiles aren't where you think they are.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    This OP has less effort put into it than a bastion PotG

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    This OP has less effort put into it than a torbjorn PotG

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Finding the right turret placement is hard work.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

also...da hammerin'....oh da hammerin'

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

"I worked hard on that!"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    All of my Torb play of the games are me headshotting peeps trying to break choke points cause there's no damage fall off

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    All my Torb play of the games are me hitting Q while running back from spawn.

RT800 on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    you were all so distracted by the rainmaker pharah skin that you completely ignored the most racist one of all

gundam pharah

egregious cultural appropriation of japanese culture

it's really gross

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    they could do a d.va skin where the mech is a goliath

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I think they should make a D.Va skin where the mech is a Roadhog.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    The "Reverse QuakeWorld".
    Quake locked your aim 10 or 15 degrees away from vertical, frankly I don't remember if there was a reason.

If they used Euler angles instead of quaternions to calculate rotation, there is a pole directly up and down around which the mathematics get weird.
    3d maths how does it work

Gimbal lock is a bitch.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

or where Reinhardt is carrying her around and making mech noises

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Just make a sking where d.va is a brain and her mech is a tiny headed robot man wearing spandex.

Uriel on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    The 1st new D.Va skin needs to be an SC Goliath skin, common.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Just make a sking where d.va is a brain and her mech is a tiny headed robot man wearing spandex.

Are you referring to Krang? Because that would be radical as fuck.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular

Yessss. You get it.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i always feel bad for torb when his turret gets blown up

he sounds so sad :(

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    i always feel bad for torb when his turret gets blown up

he sounds so sad :(

I WORKED HARD ON THAT.wav

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    my turret :cry:

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Man, whoever made that video sure hates the moon.

As opposed to me. I like the moon, cuz it is close to us.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

or where Reinhardt is carrying her around and making mech noises

I am totally up for skins which add light-hearted sillyness to the game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    overwatch has some pretty ace sound design btw

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    winston skin that evokes donkey kong as much as possible without infringing on nintendo's IP

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

i love how widowmaker's shots sound like thunderclaps

• Options
    winston skin that evokes donkey kong as much as possible without infringing on nintendo's IP

Donkey Kong isn't a scientist though.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Lto6b1V.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

This is one of the first games I've played where I can figure out who is nearby and a general direction just by hearing footsteps which is just really freaking cool. And this is on a shit 20 dollar headset. People with high dollar sound systems or headsets can probably do even better.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The sound design is great, but the actual weapon SFX, while fine, could use more oomph. They don't sound like pea shooters, but they also don't sound all that powerful, for the most part.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I would like to take this opportunity to say @crwth is a real good Mei that is all thank you

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

Except for not being able to easily tell when you're getting shot

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    From that last thread
    She doesn't actually have cybernetics if you're talking about her arm. You can see it's just a techy sleeve on her Vishkar skins.

I kinda just personally adore her because she's a character whose implied to be on the autism spectrum without devolving into some shitty, Big Bang level stereotype of them. She doesn't like people and doesn't entirely get them in her dialogue but it's also clear she's really great at her job and appreciates getting to do what she does.

She isn't autistic at all, and that is explicitly denied.

spoilered for lolore
    She was kidnapped by an evil organization, brainwashed, forced to kill her husband, then medically modified to reduce the rate of her respiration and heartbeat (turning her skin blue.) She really appreciates getting to do what she does because that is the only emotion she is permitted to have.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Zoel wrote: »
    From that last thread
    She doesn't actually have cybernetics if you're talking about her arm. You can see it's just a techy sleeve on her Vishkar skins.

I kinda just personally adore her because she's a character whose implied to be on the autism spectrum without devolving into some shitty, Big Bang level stereotype of them. She doesn't like people and doesn't entirely get them in her dialogue but it's also clear she's really great at her job and appreciates getting to do what she does.

spoilered for lolore
    She was kidnapped by an evil organization, brainwashed, forced to kill her husband, then medically modified to reduce the rate of her respiration and heartbeat (turning her skin blue.) She really appreciates getting to do what she does because that is the only emotion she is permitted to have.

you are talking about widowmaker, they are talking about symmetra

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Zoel wrote: »
    From that last thread

spoilered for lolore

Are you confusing Symmetra with Widow

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I was talking about Symmetra. Not Widow.

This discussion has been closed.