Options

Overwatch: Kawaii Noon

1457910100

Posts

  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    have they ever said why all these characters are working together

    because Reaper and Widowmaker seem exceptionally out of place, here

    "It's a video game!"

    same reason hated enemies work together in a moba

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Basically all the actual stuff we play in game isn't part of the story and we get to do it because it's cooler to play every character. All the story stuff so far is kept either out of game or in voice lines between characters.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    They've said that you should think of each match as like, a climax in a big crossover comic event, and feel free to spin whatever headcanon you want about why for instance reaper and s76 are working together. It might be a "what if story," it might be that they're enemies working toward a common goal, it might be that these are actually evil versions of the good guys from a parallel universe, or anything else

  • Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    I think the best and also most frustrating thing about Overwatch is that you can be head and shoulders above everyone else in your game session, carrying your team on your back toward victory and all it takes is one of them goofing up to ruin the whole thing.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yeah the gameplay has no bearing on the story, which is why we have tracer on some maps working with widowmaker to deliver an emp bomb to fry omnics.

  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Yeah the gameplay has no bearing on the story, which is why we have tracer on some maps working with widowmaker to deliver an emp bomb to fry omnics.

    Or why we have six Soldier 76's fighting another 6 soldiers while all saying "we're all soldiers now"

  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    overwatch is a video game adaptation of a cartoon that doesn't exist

    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Reaper and Widow are part of the enemy faction, I think. Reaper has definitely had a falling out with Soldier 76 and Mercy and whomever is the 'deadweight' he refers to.

    I mean, Reaper hates pretty much everyone, but those specifically.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I still think Mercy is a Cylon, uh, Omnic in disguise...

    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Don't Reaper and McCree also have a hate-on for each other, or was that more of a one-sided thing on McCree's part?

  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    Does Reaper like anyone to the extent of feeling neutral about them?

    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Zoel wrote: »
    Does Reaper like anyone to the extent of feeling neutral about them?

    he wishes sombra was here

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the last few feet on king's row are fucking brutal

  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    One of the new characters should be revealed to be Reyes' super friendly older jock brother, who constantly humours Gabriel even though he doesn't really understand him, because he just wants to spend time with his little bro who he's really fond of.

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Zoel wrote: »
    Does Reaper like anyone to the extent of feeling neutral about them?

    he wishes sombra was here

    The shade? No, in this context, the shadow.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    One of the new characters should be revealed to be Reyes' super friendly older jock brother, who constantly humours Gabriel even though he doesn't really understand him, because he just wants to spend time with his little bro who he's really fond of.

    Live. Live. Love?

    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I just learned that Hanzo's arrows only charge to 125 damage. Widowmaker charges to 150 and charges slightly faster even.

    Why would the easier to land hitscan shot do more damage than the projectile with travel time and a firing arc?

    This makes no sense.

    Presumably the rest of the kits. Widow is more or less just her gun. Hanson brings a big ult, a small version of a widow ult and the ability to insta gib turrets and poke around corners.

    Widowmaker is better mobility, a flank denying trap and wall hacks for her entire team, a better kit imo.
    Widow's mobility is on a cool down, the trap is easy to kill, and wall hacks rely on your team gittin' gud.

    "Better" is kind of subjective, here.

  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I just learned that Hanzo's arrows only charge to 125 damage. Widowmaker charges to 150 and charges slightly faster even.

    Why would the easier to land hitscan shot do more damage than the projectile with travel time and a firing arc?

    This makes no sense.

    Also you have to zoom in with Widow, which makes you awfully vulnerable.

    There's a reason the Huntsman is so damn popular in TF2, and it is 100% "no scope means I die less".

  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    mmm, i think i would say that scope is much less punishing in overwatch than in tf2, i don't know if it's a sporting comparison

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    It's almost like Widowmaker is better than Hanzo

    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    mmm, i think i would say that scope is much less punishing in overwatch than in tf2, i don't know if it's a sporting comparison

    I think that's certainly true, but I still think being able to snipe no scope is better than having to scope.

  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Don't Reaper and McCree also have a hate-on for each other, or was that more of a one-sided thing on McCree's part?

    Yeah, I forget exactly how they went, but there's one conversation between them-

    R: "I taught you everything I know."

    M: "Good thing I kept a few tricks hidden up my sleeve."

    And Reaper mentions "Right, this is where I picked up the ingrate." on Route 66.

    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2016
    i0p9xak8vzed.jpg

    he's doing it wrong

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really D Va's alt skins should be her concept mechs
    12_dva2.jpg

  • Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    Guys...I DID A THING :D:D

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeNPSBlFLFU

    Now I just need to get some cool Reaper skins!

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2016
    Reaper and McCree were both part of Blackwatch, the arm of Overwatch that did (if the name wasn't a hint) the shady black ops work for the organization. Since Route 66 is where the Deadlock Gang is located, it can be presumed that Reyes offered McCree the choice of imprisonment or joining Blackwatch. However, when Blackwatch began plotting against Overwatch, McCree said "fuck this" and left to became a mercenary.

    Reaper and Widowmaker are both part of Talon (technically Reaper's allegiances are unknown, but he was working with Talon agents in the Winston short, not to mention working with Widowmaker in the intro), a terrorist organization that is hires a lot of former Blackwatch agents and might even have been formed by Blackwatch members after the dissolution of Overwatch. Widowmaker "works" for Talon, but only in the sense that she's been brainwashed and turned into a biological weapon for them.

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I played Symmetra for the first time today.

    I really like her! Got POTG and everything. I think I've finally found the support I like to play, provided my team is on defense.

  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2016
    And that's why she needs to be relabeled defense.

    I get why she's support, since the shields are a sort of healing, but it absolutely doesn't mean she can replace a Zenyatta, Mercy, or Lucio. But since the game has her labelled as such, I frequently will have games where I go Symmetra and we have no other supports because she satisfies the game's list of team requirements. Someone recommended that her shield ability also turns an additional portion of player HP into shields, which seems like a decent idea if we want to keep her as Support. It'll need a looooot of testing though.

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Don't Reaper and McCree also have a hate-on for each other, or was that more of a one-sided thing on McCree's part?

    Yeah, I forget exactly how they went, but there's one conversation between them-

    R: "I taught you everything I know."

    M: "Good thing I kept a few tricks hidden up my sleeve."

    And Reaper mentions "Right, this is where I picked up the ingrate." on Route 66.

    I do believe McCree and his former gang were recruited by Reaper to be part of the Blackwatch Black-Ops arm of Overwatch he was in charge of. He sort of took a gang of teens and turned them into fighters. Things went sideways at some point and McCree bailed, no clue what happened to the rest.

  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    PC Gamer just posted an info dump on some of the lesser known flanking routes. Some of them are pretty obvious, but I was totally unaware of others. http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-map-tricks-and-secret-routes/1/

    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I just learned that Hanzo's arrows only charge to 125 damage. Widowmaker charges to 150 and charges slightly faster even.

    Why would the easier to land hitscan shot do more damage than the projectile with travel time and a firing arc?

    This makes no sense.

    Presumably the rest of the kits. Widow is more or less just her gun. Hanson brings a big ult, a small version of a widow ult and the ability to insta gib turrets and poke around corners.

    Widowmaker is better mobility, a flank denying trap and wall hacks for her entire team, a better kit imo.
    Widow's mobility is on a cool down, the trap is easy to kill, and wall hacks rely on your team gittin' gud.

    "Better" is kind of subjective, here.

    The trap being easy to kill would matter a lot more if the trap being killed still didn't alert the Widowmaker. Widowmaker doesn't really care if you trip the trap or blow it up, she now knows you are outflanking her.

    I don't think better is really subjective here when her gun does more damage and is hitscan, on top of her kit being very strong, and having the same health total as Hanzo.

  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    birdswapped bastion where you play as ganymede

    The robot is actually a paid actor named Timothy Brentwood.

    Bastion's the bird.

    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    So I played a round of Anubis yesterday as Lucio almost entirely without touching the ground around control point B.

    I also continuously contested and healer on the point on LiJiang Tower (garden) by wall riding forever near the ceiling in that room, hopping over the central pillar thingy as needed to break LoS when people did figure out where I was; got hooked by a Roadhog once but had my ult up so wubbed him off me with alt-fire then Q and then my team murdered him for me

    Also wubbed a Genji out of the window on top of the point and into the water below

    Spamming heals, contesting point, wubwubing people 24/7 it was awesome!

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I just learned that Hanzo's arrows only charge to 125 damage. Widowmaker charges to 150 and charges slightly faster even.

    Why would the easier to land hitscan shot do more damage than the projectile with travel time and a firing arc?

    This makes no sense.

    Presumably the rest of the kits. Widow is more or less just her gun. Hanson brings a big ult, a small version of a widow ult and the ability to insta gib turrets and poke around corners.

    Widowmaker is better mobility, a flank denying trap and wall hacks for her entire team, a better kit imo.
    Widow's mobility is on a cool down, the trap is easy to kill, and wall hacks rely on your team gittin' gud.

    "Better" is kind of subjective, here.

    The trap being easy to kill would matter a lot more if the trap being killed still didn't alert the Widowmaker. Widowmaker doesn't really care if you trip the trap or blow it up, she now knows you are outflanking her.

    I don't think better is really subjective here when her gun does more damage and is hitscan, on top of her kit being very strong, and having the same health total as Hanzo.

    It is subjective, since I actually often find Hanzo to be easier to play since I have more situational awareness with him, his ult can actually kill a bunch of people directly, and also the hitboxes for people's heads are bigger for his arrows so if you keep firing down range and into the enemy team chances are a lot higher for critical hits.

    I sort of hope if Widowmaker gets nerfed in sniper stuff they buff up her SMG a bit. I understand it's supposed to be an emergency backup really, but I like the idea of a more mid-range Widowmaker that can switch between her sniper and her SMG more readily being viable.

    Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    thanks for the invite, but i invariably feel that i am the one bringing a team down when we're behind!

    also, wtf, plays.tv was recording the audio from mumble.... O_o

    lfchwLd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.