As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Football/Soccer] World Cup 2018 Appreciation Station

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    his first goal was fucking awesome, literally just storybook and i hate the Galaxy. So there is that.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Whoof, what a rough career ending for Buffon.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Aside from the wet fart of the Bayern/Sevilla match, the rest of the quarter finals were pretty compelling.

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Supposedly Roma "Leaked" ticket sales for the semi final Champions league match to be against Liverpool. The draw isn't now another few hours. Doesn't help the conspiracy theory that the match draws are rigged.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    End of the Australia v Japan in the womens Asian Cup was amazing. 1-1 which was enough for both teams to get out of the group and auto qualify for world cup.

8 minutes of Japan passing it between their back four.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    So that's Wenger out the door at the end of the season. A genuine giant.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    It's the right move, and it's time. But man, I am admittedly a little torn up about it this morning.

• Options
  • Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm pretty sad about this as well. I had an football annual in 97/98 or so with him, he's been a constant in the swirling miasma that is top-level football. I've always appreciated his dedication to bringing on youth and to playing attractive football in general.

Hope to Christ they win the Europa League now.

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

A nice twitter thread by a journalist about Wenger.

Not sure why he is giving that story a 1 out of ten rating. I thought it was good.

• Options

Nah, fuckem

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

Nah, fuckem

Who's your team bob?

I hope they win it for Wengers sake I should say, I have no actual feelings regarding the club - though for nearly my entire life they (Wenger and Arsenal) have been one and the same.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Sweet fucking Christ, Sancho's first touch on this goal was fucking absurd.

Cog on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular

Nah, fuckem

Who's your team bob?

I hope they win it for Wengers sake I should say, I have no actual feelings regarding the club - though for nearly my entire life they (Wenger and Arsenal) have been one and the same.

isn't Evil bob an Aussie and a Adelaide united fan ?

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options

A joke to keep Joe happy while he sits at home and doesn't play for England in the World Cup.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Draeven wrote: »

Nah, fuckem

Who's your team bob?

isn't Evil bob an Aussie and a Adelaide united fan ?

tbf that’s way less glaringly obvious on mobile :P

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

A joke to keep Joe happy while he sits at home and doesn't play for England in the World Cup.

What about all the other guys who won't be playing for England in the World Cup?

• Options

What about all the other guys who won't be playing for England in the World Cup?

I only care about the ones whose names fit into puns using Bonnie Tyler song titles.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I only care about the ones whose names fit into puns using Bonnie Tyler song titles.

Holding Out for Wilshere-O?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Looks like FCC getting in to MLS, Sacramento left twisting in the wind again.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Real Madrid-Liverpool
    Both entertaining (1) and beautiful goals (2) from Real Madrid, worth looking up on the internet in case you missed the game. Not a fan of Real, but they were undoubtedly the stronger party this match.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Real Madrid-Liverpool
    Both entertaining (1) and beautiful goals (2) from Real Madrid, worth looking up on the internet in case you missed the game. Not a fan of Real, but they were undoubtedly the stronger party this match.
    I'd definitely take Ramos over Salah in the octagon

• Options
  • Options
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Real Madrid-Liverpool
    Karius... woof.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    After the bribery scandal, the Ghana FA is being dissolved by the government. Might not be bad domestic press, but I don’t really know how this works with FIFA rules. They can’t ban your FA if no longer exists, I suppose. Although they can ban whatever comes next.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I just realized the first game kicks off at 4pm GMT

My job had best not be expecting me to, you know, work

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    3am here. There's a reason I decided to just take 3 weeks leave.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Decent kickoff times for our group games, but it's during exam period and if we get out of the group the knockout games will be at fuck off o'clock.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Some of my classmates and I will be in Moscow during the time frame of the tournament. I'm sure we will end up attending at least one game. I imagine it Moscow will also be crazy packed.

NSDFRand on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I would like to thank FIFA for agreeing to a deal with FOX Sports to put this on a station I cannot watch. And also for doing it for the next three tournaments.

I would also like to thank USSoccer for shitting the bed so hardcore that actual discussion of the World Cup is left to local sports turds who think nothing of shitting all over a sport rather than just doing the bare minimum their job requires and neutrally presenting the scores/standings. Thanks, you ignorant dickheads. You don't have to like it, just be professional about it.

Finally, go Iceland! SKOL!

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I would like to thank FIFA for agreeing to a deal with FOX Sports to put this on a station I cannot watch. And also for doing it for the next three tournaments.

These 47 different premium sports channels don't pay for themselves you know, gotta throw an exclusive event to draw the subscriptions. And the one you want to watch will somehow always be on the channel you don't have, because fuck you that's why.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I think I'm rooting for Sweden because that's where Paradox is located. Once they go out, I'll root for the underdog in every game.

• Options
    The expected happened and USCanMex are officially hosting 2026. Oh well.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    better than Qatar?

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    better than Qatar?

Still mostly a loss for soccer fans around the world.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    better than Qatar?

Still mostly a loss for soccer fans around the world.

true enough

• Options
    NA -134
    Morocco - 65
    Other - 1

Morocco still managed to get nearly half as many votes.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    People were annoyed when the UEFA planned to have the Euro all over the continent. This seems even worse for spectators.

This discussion has been closed.