As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prepare for [Titanfall 2]

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Boy howdy this is rad

But I do not have a handle on the grappling hook yet, and also goddamnit where's my shotgun

I have to use automatic rifles like a chump

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I hate every single person in this thread who has a current gen console.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Even on console I'm having fun, even if I feel like I'm constantly battling the hot garbage controls.

The increased variety in power ups is nice.

The fact that you don't start with the shotgun, that it costs 500 to unlock, and after two matches I have 11 currency bodes ill.

Wish they would have put in the standard game mode from 1 as I don't like any of the 3 they have availabe right now.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Shotgun costs 500 space dollars if you want it before level 11, which is when it just unlocks. I'm guessing the "costs money" thing is a post-Prestige thing so people can save and then spend their money on an item they want ASAP after they reset to zero.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Unlock costs could also be totally different than they will be at release

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Shotgun costs 500 space dollars if you want it before level 11, which is when it just unlocks. I'm guessing the "costs money" thing is a post-Prestige thing so people can save and then spend their money on an item they want ASAP after they reset to zero.

That makes more sense, I thought it was get level 11 and then spend 500 space dollars.

Not a fan of unlocks in general but that is a bit better.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So I just played this for a couple hours

Started off kinda lukewarm on it. Felt a lot like what I played of the first game except it feels like it takes forever to get a titan now which kinda sucks.

And then I equipped the grappling hook. Holy shit that thing is fun. I accidentally mid-air hooked onto an enemy and reeled in and booted him to death and it felt so damn good.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    the grappling hook really does feel brilliant in how it can either work as just a straight pull or a speed boosting swing depending on your momentum. Reasonably intuitive for the basics, but feels like there's a huge skill ceiling with it

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Man I haven't been able to get the hook to work for me at all, maybe I'm targetting stuff that is too far away? I feel like there is too much slack in the line.

Not sure if I like the titan drop change either, I wish it built up naturally overtime like before. I think you only get titan meter for doing well now, which I think is contributing to why every match I've been in so far have been total one sided blowouts.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I made a network but I marked it as private thinking it would let me set up a password but I dunno how to let people join it.

Plus I dunno how to edit it back.

Nevermind it is public now. It is called singularity engine.

Also I don't think you need to do well to get a titan it just takes longer now.

Also they aren't hard to kill with teamwork, it only takes a few rodeos to kill one.

The problem is people keep leaving matches early because they don't want to lose even though you can totally comeback.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm attempting to download the thing.

I don't know if it will be done tonight.

• Options
    This is silly, but by far my least favorite change is that the game no longer maintains a first person perspective throughout.

Now when you get in your titan, or execute someone, it goes third person which is so much less frenetic and visceral than staying in first person.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Wanna be a big damn hero for your team without a Titan of your own (or with one in auto-attack)?

When a bunch of Titans are skirmishing, run around the battlefield, grab/steal batteries and give them to your robo-buddies.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm worried this will be unplayability on my parents INTERNET

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I've played a couple of matches so far and am really liking it, finding the mobility a little awkward so far though I don't know if it's rust or what. I like that every gun is effectively tracer rounds, it not only looks cooler but helps identify where the hell you're being shot from.

Also kinda bummed that they made titans so rare. I think until I get my legs back I'm gonna stick to amped hardpoint cause man does contributing like 10 bucks to the bounty feel bad.

Edit: Also I joined the network, PSN is same name as here.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Pilots vs. Pilots is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I think its cause they show the general spawn areas.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I've played a couple of matches so far and am really liking it, finding the mobility a little awkward so far though I don't know if it's rust or what. I like that every gun is effectively tracer rounds, it not only looks cooler but helps identify where the hell you're being shot from.

Also kinda bummed that they made titans so rare. I think until I get my legs back I'm gonna stick to amped hardpoint cause man does contributing like 10 bucks to the bounty feel bad.

I spend most of bounty by myself mowing down grunts in a corner.

It wins the match but its pretty boring.

• Options
    This game is hard. Other people need to be worse at it

Steam ID
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    This is silly, but by far my least favorite change is that the game no longer maintains a first person perspective throughout.

Now when you get in your titan, or execute someone, it goes third person which is so much less frenetic and visceral than staying in first person.

Damn, this is actually quite a bit of a pet peeve for me, so that sucks.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I spend most of bounty by myself mowing down grunts in a corner.

It wins the match but its pretty boring.

Yeah. I didn't care much for bounty hunt since it kind of amplifies the things I didn't like about the first game.

Hardpoint seems more up my alley but there is too much rage quitting there atm.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I really hope feedback pressures them to re-add Attrition

the new bounty gamemode looks neat, but sometimes I just want to play the team deathmatch shooter variety of it

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

the new bounty gamemode looks neat, but sometimes I just want to play the team deathmatch shooter variety of it

the multiplayer tests are limiting the game types, there will likely be other modes in the full release

Steam ID
  • Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

the multiplayer tests are limiting the game types, there will likely be other modes in the full release

Yeah. At least I sure hope so. Don't like any of the current modes very much.

• Options
    I know that grapple is the new hotness, but make sure that you give sprint a shot

Steam ID
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    All these abilities look cool and all, but like the first game when tryhard times start it's stim all the way

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I know that grapple is the new hotness, but make sure that you give sprint a shot

Haven't unlocked stim yet but the hologram is fun. Makes running into enemy held positions pretty trivial.

• Options
    Give me a stim boosted grapple please

Steam ID
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Of course it's the lady titan with the chest laser...

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Perhaps there should be a titan with a pelvic laser.

• Options
    So the Auto Pistol is the secret best weapon in the game, just melts people.

I do miss having the MLG Launcher for fighting titans, though.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    It is super hard to spot players

Also I think there is toooooo much going on now mechanics wise?

And where it the ability to grab bullets and throw them back at people in titan!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

And where it the ability to grab bullets and throw them back at people in titan!

Ion has that ability I believe, whereas Scorch's shield burns the bullets and can hurt people.

Map design seems a lot less tight. Not a lot of Parkouring you can do in fields, so having grunts spawn out there in bounty hunt is awful.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Ion's shield is less cool than the original right now, but it's because in this test the titans you're up against don't really dish out much ballistics to catch

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    I think tbe servers are pooping themselves. I can't invite rn.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I think tbe servers are pooping themselves. I can't invite rn.

working ok for me right now, though I haven't tried to invite. They did just do a reboot to fix some stuff and make some changes.

booo, level maxes out at 10 for the test. I want to try the shotgun!

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    It keeps telling me 12/12 people found, but then never creating a match.

A couple times I thought I fixed it by changing data centers, but now no dice.

• Options
    Peccavi wrote: »

Ion has that ability I believe, whereas Scorch's shield burns the bullets and can hurt people.

Map design seems a lot less tight. Not a lot of Parkouring you can do in fields, so having grunts spawn out there in bounty hunt is awful.

I wonder if bunny hopping is still in the game, no way I am good enough with a controller to check myself though, would make the wide open areas more fun though.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So they had a server update to fix the spawn rate for titans in amped hardpoint saying it was way too low.

They weren't kidding, it's like a night and day difference.

• Options
    So they had a server update to fix the spawn rate for titans in amped hardpoint saying it was way too low.

They weren't kidding, it's like a night and day difference.

That makes sense, I think I saw a single titan the entire match in the one amped hardpoint I played, despite our side doing pretty well!

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I've only played like one match of this, somehow

Which is fine by me, I played like 15 hours of the beta for the original game and as a result, barely played the final version

6F32U1X.png