Options

You've Been Challenged to a [Chat]-Off!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Oh god am I gonna have to get Comcast

Hmmm

Guys what is the minimum downstream you guys would recommend for just one person (seamless hd video streaming, reasonably quick steam downloads and such)

minimum 5, preferably 10

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

Hmmm

Guys what is the minimum downstream you guys would recommend for just one person (seamless hd video streaming, reasonably quick steam downloads and such)

25 mbs I would say.

I have run stuff at 15 but it can be dicey depending on the stream/video.

edit:

To go with Bowen above-

I have done 5 it was terrible.

10 is uhhh...better? But if you are rotating steam games/big downloads 20-25 is my minimum.

*hides his 100 up and down fios*

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Yo P10 this show is pretty much Eva only catering to an even weirder set of fetishes.

I enjoy it. It is acceptably bleak/horrifying and the space monsters are appropriately scary/gross.

I do find it kind of hilarious that characters just suddenly start talking in plot exposition at inappropriate times, though.

One of the anime cliches that has been getting my goat recently is when every goddamn character is suddenly this great wisened philospher. Like the young pilot will sit down next to the rogue officer and suddenly one of them will go into this detailed philosophy about the human condition.

I watched Eureka 7 recently and this happened constantly. Goddamnit Japan. Not every member of your country is goddamn Socrates.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    25 min for one person yes

if 50 is good for 2 people i say 25 is good for one

poo
  • Options
    Yeah if you're doing more than a single thing at a time you'll need more than 10.

Netflix is the highest of the HD sitting near 5 mb/s, 10 will get you good and cozy, anything higher is just fluff

The issue with things like cable internet is you'll be hit hard during peak hours (6-10pm) as others get on, so it won't honestly matter how much speed you've got, you'll probably always have 2.5 during those times.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    how weird of a fetish are we talking about here

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    More eurotrash liveblogging
    We’re back! The hosts are dressed as vegetables and discussing their penises. To think, people used to masturbate this before the internet was invented. No wonder old people are so cranky.
    They’re interviewing a man who can tell the future by rubbing cauliflowers. My sincere apologies to any 13-year-old boys who sneaked upstairs to masturbate to this.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Hmmm

I've never had any problems with my 25 down with UVerse. And I stream constantly.

• Options
    I've got 3 people on 5 mb/sec.

I police it hard with QoS though.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Hmmm

25 mbs I would say.

edit:

To go with Bowen above-

10 is uhhh...better? But if you are rotating steam games/big downloads 20-25 is my minimum.

I have gigabit up, gigabit down at my current place. But now I must downgrade... qq

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Yo P10 this show is pretty much Eva only catering to an even weirder set of fetishes.

I enjoy it. It is acceptably bleak/horrifying and the space monsters are appropriately scary/gross.

I do find it kind of hilarious that characters just suddenly start talking in plot exposition at inappropriate times, though.

One of the anime cliches that has been getting my goat recently is when every goddamn character is suddenly this great wisened philospher. Like the young pilot will sit down next to the rogue officer and suddenly one of them will go into this detailed philosophy about the human condition.

I watched Eureka 7 recently and this happened constantly. Goddamnit Japan. Not every member of your country is goddamn Socrates.
    That is exactly how teenagers think they sound. Much wise. So deep.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

Are you watching Knights of Sidonia?

I liked the first season a lot. 2nd season lost me though.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Eurotrash!

Oh Antoine, I've missed you.

The slightly disturbing part is that neither of them appear to have aged significantly

Like channel 4 just put them away in a cupboard under a dust cloth

wait what

eurotrash is back?

For a one night only brexit special

awwwww

i loved that show when i was a teenager

for no particular reason.

• Options
    General consensus on bandwidth is 5-10 mb per person if they're heavy users.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I don't understand what Quantum of Solace would do for internet connections?

"Stop using so much bandwidth or I'll make you watch a very boring James Bond movie."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

This is, like, a fundamental component of anime. All this dumb shit gotta relate to some vague poetic meaning that is usually stated really awkwardly.

I absolutely hatelove it. It's the bestworst thing.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

I don't understand what Quantum of Solace would do for internet connections?

"Stop using so much bandwidth or I'll make you watch a very boring James Bond movie."

Threatening people with a PPK works well.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    The hearse driver doesn't know where the cemetery is. We've turned around twice and have been driving for more than an hour

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Hmmm

25 mbs I would say.

edit:

To go with Bowen above-

I have gigabit up, gigabit down at my current place. But now I must downgrade... qq

Have you considered physician-assisted suicide

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    how weird of a fetish are we talking about here

Tentacles, futanari, urethral insertion, pee drinking, vore
    (these things aren't actually sexualized in the show, I'm being intentionally uncharitable here)

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i'm scared to ask, but...

what show?

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    A lively round of Sit On Me there on Eurotrash. And Matt Berry doing voiceovers for two Frenchmen with astonishingly poor plastic surgery.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

The thing about Eureka 7 is that it is pants-on-head at all times.

The other thing about Eureka 7 is that the art is pretty.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

what show?

Knights of Sidonia

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016

Hmmm

25 mbs I would say.

edit:

To go with Bowen above-

i have gigabit and if i ever had to have anything less i would commit seppeku

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    The Brits talking about eurotrash while the Americans talk about weird fetish anime is an amusing collision

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »

The thing about Eureka 7 is that it is pants-on-head at all times.

The other thing about Eureka 7 is that the art is pretty.

Eh, I didn't think it go too weird till the end. For the most part the classic cool rebels vs. gubment plot worked fine.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

what show?

Knights of Sidonia

Isn't that the netflix Exclusive anime about giant robots?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I have a little bit of gray at 29

life is over, etc.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2016
    Unfortunately the city that offers gigabit as a municipal service is a little too expensive. If this place I applied doesn't work out I may end up staying in that city with other roommates but I couldn't afford an apt there alas. The apt where I applied is in the next city up, where my jerb is.

Organichu on
  • Options
    Also! @Winky

Do you still do neural net shit?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    The Brits talking about eurotrash while the Americans talk about weird fetish anime is an amusing collision

I'm disappointed in you all, quite frankly.

Neither of you deserve Idris Elba so he's mine now

• Options

what show?

Knights of Sidonia

Yeah, giant robots and pee drinking.

• Options

what show?

Knights of Sidonia

Yeah, giant robots and pee drinking.

Note to self: Add Pee drinking as an element in Shounen.

• Options
    Also! Winky

Yes! I am down. PM me, or we can discuss this weekend.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    For the longest time I didn't actually know the Euro trash hosts were real French

the accent sounds like an English guy doing what he imagines is a stereotypical french accent

• Options
    Also! Winky

Well, when you have some time tomorrow, can you shoot me a Steam IM? i wanna make this novelty toot-toot account a reality.

• Options
    i'm kinda superbusy tonight.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Also! Winky

Well, when you have some time tomorrow, can you shoot me a Steam IM? i wanna make this novelty toot-toot account a reality.

Yeah, sure thing. Don't be afraid to shoot me one first in case I forget.

This discussion has been closed.