Options

You've Been Challenged to a [Chat]-Off!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    because they wanted me to show them this patient portal that is "supposed to be done by now" yeah well maybe if you stop bugging the fuck out of me every other fucking hour it'd be fucking done by now

I spent half the day today dealing with fucking meetings that I didn't even fucking know about

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    i might be having a manic episode.

I feel super confident and pumped and happy.

Good thing i'm seeing my shrink in two weeks. i'll tell him.

IDK.

Is it bad that I kinda wanna stay a bit bipolar if only for the manic episodes?

Probably bad. With my relative who is bipolar, his manic times are usually when he absolutely wrecks his finances with over zealous spending, going out, etc.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Can I just set up a thing that auto-agrees every post Chanus makes?

Chanus,

A) Don't betray my trust in this matter

B) answer the following true/false questions

- The Holocaust happened
    - The Armenian Genocide happened
    - The moon landings happened
    - Terrorism is brown peoples fault
    - The square of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides

probably

-yes
    -yes
    -yes
    -sometimes, technically, at a prima facie level
    -i think that's right

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Can I just set up a thing that auto-agrees every post Chanus makes?

Chanus,

A) Don't betray my trust in this matter

B) answer the following true/false questions

- The Holocaust happened
    - The Armenian Genocide happened
    - The moon landings happened
    - Terrorism is brown peoples fault
    - The square of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides

Yes
    Still happening
    Soundstage on Mars
    Terrorism is the color orange's fault
    All triangles are signs of the illuminati and cannot be trusted

These are all acceptable answers, you will receive your auto-agree bot in the mail in 4-10 business days (observing the Narwhal calendar of public holidays)

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

IDK.

Probably bad. With my relative who is bipolar, his manic times are usually when he absolutely wrecks his finances with over zealous spending, going out, etc.

i mean...

I'm listening to some of the tracks i made last year and i'm thinking "Man, i'm not bad at all".
    I'm looking at game design docs i started last year and I think "Wow, this is great stuff".
    Even my pixel art looks good to me right now.

i wanna keep that.

But at the same time, i'm starting to feel myself falling now.

and shit, now i get why i need to be more stable with my mood.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I'm not sure if I ever beat Golden Axe when I was a kid, but after college my youngest brother and I played the PS2 port each day for a week until we mastered it.

Death Adder? More like Dead Adder.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I have like 8 text messages how they're angry and disappointed in me, like I give a fuck.

Clearly you do bowen you posted it in the holy chat.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    @bloodyroarxx Competitive Overwatch stuff.
    The system will reward you with cosmetics - no power gains.
    Some player icons and sprays will only be available through seasons.
    A new golden gun system is being added to further customize characters. High skill players will get them faster.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I have like 8 text messages how they're angry and disappointed in me, like I give a fuck.

Clearly you do bowen you posted it in the holy chat.

Yeah, I care that they're pissing me off.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I have now worked at my job for exactly one government-issue ballpoint pen

I don't think I've ever used up a pen from start to finish before; they've always got lost or I pick one up that's already half dead

I used to buy my own pens and guard them jealously

My last employer bought shit pens

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Did they give a launch date for Overwatch's ranked play.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I am now watching the history of Top of the Pops in 1982. I am adrift in a sea of glorious, sickly sweet nostalgia, the days when Craig Fairbrass was a backing dancer on the show and Martin Fry wore his gold lame suit.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Actually, i am gonna ask for a second opinion.

i made this synthy track about a year ago. I've been complimented on it by friends. is it good to your earhdrums?

First Flight

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

IDK.

i mean...

I'm listening to some of the tracks i made last year and i'm thinking "Man, i'm not bad at all".
    I'm looking at game design docs i started last year and I think "Wow, this is great stuff".
    Even my pixel art looks good to me right now.

i wanna keep that.

But at the same time, i'm starting to feel myself falling now.

and shit, now i get why i need to be more stable with my mood.

Not a bipolar myself, but Girl is

And yeah, the highs are enticing and a little intoxicating

Unfortunately, you have no control over the height of the highs or the depths of the lows and usually very little warning of when you're gonna go from one to the other

Mood stabilization is the light

As an aside

I cried for a little earlier today because I felt relaxed for the first time in 8 years (without abusing alcohol), in no small part thanks to my meds

Fuckin' relaxed, you guys

It was so good

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    a

IDK.

Psychiatrist husband claims that's pretty normal. People feel great during hypomanic episodes and sometimes enjoy the feeling of manic episodes and don't want to give it up--however they can be incredibly harmful, so it's best they are given up.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

I don't think I've ever used up a pen from start to finish before; they've always got lost or I pick one up that's already half dead

I used to buy my own pens and guard them jealously

My last employer bought shit pens

I've already spent my own money on a calculator

I'll have to swap to the pen my union rep gave me

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Now that I think about it, I haven't been provided with any pens by my current employer

I am vaguely aware that there is a stationery cupboard somewhere

Maybe it has pens

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    a

IDK.

Psychiatrist husband claims that's pretty normal. People feel great during hypomanic episodes and sometimes enjoy the feeling of manic episodes and don't want to give it up--however they can be incredibly harmful, so it's best they are given up.

Yeah, i know.

But here's my problem.

My baseline mood is, i feel, lower than the "average" mood.

so without the highs, i'm afraid I will lose out, y'know.

Anyway, i'm seeing my psychiatrist in two weeks, i'll tell him and hopefully get a prescription for delicious mood-altering drugs.

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, I haven't been provided with any pens by my current employer

I am vaguely aware that there is a stationery cupboard somewhere

Maybe it has pens

1rvnqir0z4cz.jpeg

• Options
    BTW, @credeiki

Does your hasubendo know why so many artists have bipolar disorder?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    bloodyroarxx Competitive Overwatch stuff.
    The system will reward you with cosmetics - no power gains.
    Some player icons and sprays will only be available through seasons.
    A new golden gun system is being added to further customize characters. High skill players will get them faster.

I was just about to post this Im super excited for this.

Also straight up going to show you MMR I like that...well kinda

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so i bought a pork shoulder and i'm gonna make crock pot carnitas tomorrow because i've been wanting to do that for a while

$7.69 for the shoulder and it's like the size of my head

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    i think my reaction to people's generalized low-level misinformation about spiders and arachnophobia must be like how Responsible Gun Owners feel around people like me

• Options
    Oh my god [chat]

Be jealous of my bench

• Options
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm pretty sure i'm bipolar but i can't seem to carve out time to go to a therapist/psychologist to get tested and my family has a history of substance abuse problems which has caused a deep-seated mistrust of psychological medication

lol

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    i think my reaction to people's generalized low-level misinformation about spiders and arachnophobia must be like how Responsible Gun Owners feel around people like me

Arch, we need more spider control.

Don't tell me that a good guy with spiders can stop a mass killer from using illegally-obtained spiders!

• Options
    Oh my god [chat]

Be jealous of my bench

I don't even your bench

Bro

• Options

Don't tell me that a good guy with spiders can stop a mass killer from using illegally-obtained spiders!

omg the sequel to snakes on a plane is gonna be so good

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

difference is, I can kill a spider with a grill lighter and a can of hairspray

you're still fucked against a gun owner

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Is this spider a black widow? Maaaaaaaybe

Is this spider a brown recluse? Almost assuredly not.

Is my house infested with highly venomous apiders that like to drop on people from above? Absolutely.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm pretty sure i'm bipolar but i can't seem to carve out time to go to a therapist/psychologist to get tested and my family has a history of substance abuse problems which has caused a deep-seated mistrust of psychological medication

lol

yeah, i definitely have manic periods and presshuns periods but i dunno i have this weird idea in my head that like "oh it's not so bad, i could be worse"

which is really just an excuse not to do anything about it

but also it doesn't really ruin my life or anything i just, like, lose contact with friends and waste a lot of my life doing nothing

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Spiders have dangerous clips that are filled with poison, they reload as fast as their fans can drink it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Oh my god [chat]

Be jealous of my bench

I don't even your bench

Bro

How dare you

I think

• Options

omg the sequel to snakes on a plane is gonna be so good

Spiders on a Monorail.

• Options
    Oh my god [chat]

Be jealous of my bench

I don't even your bench

Bro

How dare you

I think

Therefore you am?

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

lol

yeah, i definitely have manic periods and presshuns periods but i dunno i have this weird idea in my head that like "oh it's not so bad, i could be worse"

but also it doesn't really ruin my life or anything i just, like, lose contact with friends and waste a lot of my life doing nothing

i dont know if it IS manic depression but i have days where i go and write 20k words for a dissertation without even thinking about and then there are days where i literally can barely get out of bed and i cry a lot

lol

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

https://www.amazon.com/Skilcraft-7520-00-935-7136-Government-Retractable-Barrel/dp/B0055KSO3A/

These are the best.

They're made by blind people, which is some kind of irony.

Dad worked for the government so he brought home boxes of them all the time.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

lol

i dont know if it IS manic depression but i have days where i go and write 20k words for a dissertation without even thinking about and then there are days where i literally can barely get out of bed and i cry a lot

lol

shrug emoji fire 100 fire 100

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

IDK.

That's the bipolar paradox. Part of mania is feeling like mania is a good thing. It isn't though.

This discussion has been closed.