Options

You've Been Challenged to a [Chat]-Off!

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    bWXuUBV.jpg

Hello! I am baby parrot!

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Person of Interest ends tomorrow night. :(

I am very disappointed but at least it's ending at a good point instead of sticking around after it's worn out its welcome. Five seasons is a good run.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    The hold music for the conference call service we use at work is a well-known classical piece, but I can't remember the name of it, and have literally no way to figure it out.

put it on speaker and like, shazam it or something?

Shazam it with what?

Have more than one device, you poor

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    The hold music for the conference call service we use at work is a well-known classical piece, but I can't remember the name of it, and have literally no way to figure it out.

Shazam it with what?

Ahh, I assumed you were calling in with like an office phone or something and you could use your cell phone -- you should call in with like google voice or something. Maybe whatever the magic apple thing is that lets me take calls on my laptop.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I sent a sternly worded message to the management that basically says: we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Either you negotiate a 4-8 month lease at my current rate, you can even pick the exact length to be most favorable, or I go month to month for as short as humanly possible, be unaccommodating when you try to show the place, give the minimum amount of notice and move out at the last possible instant.

winstonemote.gif

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    "Argh, I can't find my phone."

"Have you tried calling it?"

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    a

Shazam it with what?

Ahh, I assumed you were calling in with like an office phone or something and you could use your cell phone -- you should call in with like google voice or something. Maybe whatever the magic apple thing is that lets me take calls on my laptop.

record yourself singing it

post here

I will tell you

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

hum it for me

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    are you suggesting I lie to my wife

Constantly, even when the truth would serve you better.

It'S not about the deception, it's about the challenge

narwhal I don't have time for a 6month stint of homelessness in vancouver

It'S lovely this time of year!

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Person of Interest ends tomorrow night. :(

I am very disappointed but at least it's ending at a good point instead of sticking around after it's worn out its welcome. Five seasons is a good run.

Orphan Black is ending this next season

Which I think I'm happy about, since it had problems that it'd clearly hit later starting in the very beginning (namely, the enemy escalates waaay too much in between seasons)

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Obviously there are numerous solutions (I have a tablet, for instance) but I'd rather complain about it and make fun of your suggestions than actually accomplish anything.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Everything about this apartment is great except for my leasing company.

And if a pipe hadn't burst in my master bathroom last Halloween I wouldn't even know how shitty they are.

The aftermath of that has been the fucking worst, though.

It's like Comcast. As long as you don't have to ever talk to them. It's kinda ok. Product isn't that bad.

As soon as you pick up the phone though. Hell on earth.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    its ode to joy

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I sent a sternly worded message to the management that basically says: we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Either you negotiate a 4-8 month lease at my current rate, you can even pick the exact length to be most favorable, or I go month to month for as short as humanly possible, be unaccommodating when you try to show the place, give the minimum amount of notice and move out at the last possible instant.

Really though, is $600 a month worth the hassle of finding a good tenant again?

I say good, because, it'll probably be easy to find a tenant, but not necessarily the one you want.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    And, like

All the needle drugs you could ever want

(I wanted zero, so it was especially easy)

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

this brinksmanship

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Now I have to like, coordinate with utilities and figure out the ISP situation.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

this brinksmanship

Furthermore, I will hire at my own expense a polka band to practice loudly in the street beneath the apartment whenever I am aware that it is being shown.

Your move, fuckface.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    And, like

How could you have passed up such an amazing opportunity?

• Options
    It's the one that goes like

duuuuuuh nuh nuuuuuuh nuh nuuuuuuh nuh-nuh-nuuuuuuuuuh
    duuuuuuh nuh-nuh-nuuuuuuuuuh duh nuh nuuuuh nuh-nuuuuuuh
    duuuuuuh nuh-nuh-nuuuuuuh nuh nuuuuuuh nuh-nuh-nuuuuuuuuuh
    doo-nuh doo-nuh doo-nuh doo-nuh duh duh duh duh duuuuuuh

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Fucking amazing.

35 resumes sent out locally and I get 1 interview.

1 resume sent out to Lincoln and I get an e-mail wanting to set up a phone interview and a link to the relocation assistance webpage.

Just... wow.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    bowen wrote: »

I say good, because, it'll probably be easy to find a tenant, but not necessarily the one you want.

When my landlord went all freaky weird with wanting to find a new roommate and get (not legally doable) access to the house whenever we wanted, we were all wtf

Like dude, chill

We're five late-twenties scientist women who want to keep the house this way. We're basically ideal tenants - we report problems as soon as they exist, and keep the place clean and in good order. We don't have friends who would damage the place, and the most stress we put on it is sitting on the couch watching TV. And yet he went so weird trying to fill a slot (that he had like four or five months to, and knew we were going to try and fill anyway) that he was having undergrad frat bros checking out the house and demanding weird lease additions (which would probably have caused us all to move out!)

Just, come on, don't be crazy and weird.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    I like when your landlord raises your rent, and then you move out, and you see them advertising the apartment for what your lease was 8 years ago.

Why didn't you just keep my lease at what it was when I first started renting instead of making me move out?

Are you fucking stupid, landlord?

The answer will shock you. No wait, what is the opposite of shock?

The amount of stories I've heard of landlords actively choosing to make less money and also be colossal D-bags...

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Just, come on, don't be crazy and weird.

Landlords can't do that though

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I ate red meat for the first time in a while last night, and also got a little soused at father's day celebration

Today I have just... just apocalyptic gas. It's like a haunted tuba crying out in agony. I burble volcanically in any posture.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I like when your landlord raises your rent, and then you move out, and you see them advertising the apartment for what your lease was 8 years ago.

Why didn't you just keep my lease at what it was when I first started renting instead of making me move out?

Are you fucking stupid, landlord?

...yes?

You see this all the time with commercial real-estate as well. Around here there have been several instances where grocery store chains decided not to renew their lease after the landlord raised the rent, so the grocery store just up and left leaving the landlord with an empty building for months without any renters.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    And, like

How could you have passed up such an amazing opportunity?

To be honest, the upstanding salesmen offering this particular product would only accept a currency that I was ... Unwilling to part with.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    bWXuUBV.jpg
    Hello! I am baby parrot!

And it's highly likely I will outlive whoever took this picture.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I ate red meat for the first time in a while last night, and also got a little soused at father's day celebration

Today I have just... just apocalyptic gas. It's like a haunted tuba crying out in agony. I burble volcanically in any posture.

watch out for those pyroclastic flows

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    ... okay.. server? Why aren't you rebooting right?
    Please tell me I didn't fuck with the login that much...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    its ode to joy

It is not

It is a super well-known piece, though. Like I can almost think of the Looney Tunes cartoon it was in, because it was definitely in one.

I'm going to be embarrassed when I figure it out.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I have zero plans at all for any day this entire year

go hike with Chris

I wasn't really lamenting it

Just amazed that having unspoken for time is so rare to some people

Are you amazed

I was listening to this On Being podcast with this guy, Pico Iyer, about stillness and the inner world

And like that's the thing that in the modern world people covet so much

Time to just do nothing and contemplate

It is commonly lacking

He goes to this benedictan monestary a lot sounds lovely

It was interesting

There was also a recent article I read about time lost to contemplate that used to be a common part of life, because of smartphones and Internet whatnot

@Shazkar Shadowstorm is just like, seems most people can just say no to plans

It's one thing if it's like a strict family and you need to have dinner with parents or whatever... or like, weddings or birthdays of extremely close friends

Otherwise people can just say no and get themselves that tim

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

I think that's actually the theme for Sailor Moon.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Thunderbutt claims yet another victim.

• Options

I got drunker than I ever have been (which, to be clear, was mild motor impairment and a desire to dance with gf) last night and my gut is not happy today. I'm not totally sure if they're related, but it would make sense.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I was a landlord for a while. It's stupid how much irrational stress you put on yourself. 0/10, would never lord land again.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

canon in D

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    okay, whew, it restarted. the fuck.

But... argh.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    its ode to joy

It is not

It is a super well-known piece, though. Like I can almost think of the Looney Tunes cartoon it was in, because it was definitely in one.

Blue Danube

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    a
    its ode to joy

It is not

piano? symphony? opera?

This discussion has been closed.