desc wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    and i should prob stick to strict never back to back days policy

;_;

weep for me

I weep for your esophagus but also

I weep for all of us, damned souls that we are

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    drink all day never not drink

water that is and coffee to poop

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I sent a sternly worded message to the management that basically says: we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Either you negotiate a 4-8 month lease at my current rate, you can even pick the exact length to be most favorable, or I go month to month for as short as humanly possible, be unaccommodating when you try to show the place, give the minimum amount of notice and move out at the last possible instant.

Really though, is $600 a month worth the hassle of finding a good tenant again?

I say good, because, it'll probably be easy to find a tenant, but not necessarily the one you want.

When my landlord went all freaky weird with wanting to find a new roommate and get (not legally doable) access to the house whenever we wanted, we were all wtf

Like dude, chill

We're five late-twenties scientist women who want to keep the house this way. We're basically ideal tenants - we report problems as soon as they exist, and keep the place clean and in good order. We don't have friends who would damage the place, and the most stress we put on it is sitting on the couch watching TV. And yet he went so weird trying to fill a slot (that he had like four or five months to, and knew we were going to try and fill anyway) that he was having undergrad frat bros checking out the house and demanding weird lease additions (which would probably have caused us all to move out!)

Just, come on, don't be crazy and weird.

@shivahn i never heard how this resolved

sig.gif
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Waiting to be discharged. I can't drink coffee or Gatorade and I have to chug 2 liters of water a day for a week, or exercise at all. I'm going to be a sleepy, peepee, lumpy girl

But at least I didn't die right

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Waiting to be discharged. I can't drink coffee or Gatorade and I have to chug 2 liters of water a day for a week, or exercise at all. I'm going to be a sleepy, peepee, lumpy girl

Oh did you have your wisdom teeth out?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Maybe cool it on the marathons.

Take up swimming!

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

water is great. surprised you can't drink gatorade...???? i guess electrolyte imbalance?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

yeah the world would be a little less weird without you in it
    which is a bad thing weird is good

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    woof...

I'm ready to go home and play some Batman. It took a goddamn WEEK to get Arkham Knight, all the DLC, and the application data (~60gb total file size) downloaded on my shitty internet.

Like, for real, I like Batman, but I almost stopped liking Batman.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Hakkes how are fingers and toes doing

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

Take up swimming!
    It was only a 10k...y'all giving me way too much credit....

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

water is great. surprised you can't drink gatorade...???? i guess electrolyte imbalance?

If I had to guess, it's because they want to make sure her body is regulating itself properly.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

Gets filtered through kidneys I guess. They don't want to stress them out since I nearly had permanent damage to them apparently

• Options

Still numb

Doctor says just normal range of motion and they will come back eventually

Hope he's right

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    so what exactly happened hakks? Did you push yourself too hard? Were you sick? Was it just the heat?

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

no coffee?

HAKKES THEYRE TRYING TO KILL YOU

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Take up swimming!

It was also literally a million degrees out!

*hug* I am happy you are okay, Hakkes

You are like the 432nd most enticing reason to visit NYC

Top 500, easy

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Still numb

Doctor says just normal range of motion and they will come back eventually

Hope he's right

blah :<

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    so what exactly happened hakks? Did you push yourself too hard? Were you sick? Was it just the heat?

Heat stroke is official diagnosis. I pushed too hard, I was dehydrated, it was hot, Banda Bing bada boom I'm on deaths door

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Heat stroke is official diagnosis. I pushed too hard, I was dehydrated, it was hot, Banda Bing bada boom I'm on deaths door

Jesus well that's scary as fuck.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Water and decaf only ever

#DangerousCocktailOfBrainDrugsLife

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Take up swimming!

Top 500, easy

It wasn't THAT hot. Like, 70 degrees

But there was very little shade on the course, it was a bit humid, and again....I didn't hydrate properly

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Summer's dangerous.

It's always best to stay in doors between 10am-5pm unless you've got easy access to water and gatorade.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

Summer's dangerous.

It's always best to stay in doors between 10am-5pm unless you've got easy access to water and gatorade.

naw

sig.gif
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    *sips coffee*

*prepares to poop a second time at work this morning*

livin the dream

• Options

no coffee?

That's going to be so hard. How will I poop??

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Summer's dangerous.

i went in the pacific ocean yesterday for the first time even though i moved here 9 months ago, all day with NO WATER

i tempt fate

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

Take up swimming!

Top 500, easy

But there was very little shade on the course, it was a bit humid, and again....I didn't hydrate properly

Wasn't it pushing 90 on Saturday?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    hung over!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

no coffee?

That's going to be so hard. How will I poop??

i find i lose the dependency after 3 days no coffee

sig.gif
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Summer's dangerous.

i went in the pacific ocean yesterday for the first time even though i moved here 9 months ago, all day with NO WATER

i tempt fate

I feel like.. you may be lying to me.

• Options

Take up swimming!

Top 500, easy

Well I am particularly glad that your kidneys appear to have survived the ordeal because I have some experience with that and peeing blood is, like

Well

It's unpleasant on like 5 different levels

• Options

Jesus

this heat is a menace. It should be locked up

• Options

Take up swimming!

Top 500, easy

Not in the AM. though the race started a lot later than I would typically run. Official start time was 8:30 but my corral didn't get to start until 8:45 at least. It's about the time the sun stops being oblique and starts being a raging ball of direct fuck you

I had on a ton of sunscreen though so my beautiful skin remains so

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

Summer's dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Otla5157c

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    nearly dying is the worst

• Options

Take up swimming!

Top 500, easy

Not in the AM. though the race started a lot later than I would typically run. Official start time was 8:30 but my corral didn't get to start until 8:45 at least. It's about the time the sun stops being oblique and starts being a raging ball of direct fuck you

I had on a ton of sunscreen though so my beautiful skin remains so

Looks like it was about 83 at 9:00 am.

Shiiiiiit

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    yeah hakks i won't lie

Never met you (or anyone but Bowen from here in real life) but I've gotta say you're one of the chatters who I can basically rely on to turn my frown upside down 100% of the time.

Frankly I consider you a friend.

So I'd have been absolutely devastated if this had turned out differently.

As it stands I'm happy that I can sit here and make stupid jokes like "Ten week taco bell treatment"

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I'm posting from a coffee shop. One of civilization's greatest outposts.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    So the latest hotness on my FB is this clip from some metal looking british? comedian talking about how being offended is some bullshit. It's a funny bit. But goddamn are folks posting this thing all the time now.

This discussion has been closed.