Options

You've Been Challenged to a [Chat]-Off!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I still feel like I'm not grasping the gravity of what happened

108 is just an abstract temperature to me. I'm not a doctor. I don't associate that with "immediate organ failure"

I'm just bummed that what was supposed to be a fun, SHORT race ended up as a 3 day hospital stay tethered to an IV and a serious setback to all my gains

I'm glad you're alive first and foremost

but I am also glad I didn't have to get like 20 airbrushed tshirts with your face on it and something like "Gone 2 soon" and a tupac quote

Who is tupac is he that hologram guy

Yes he's *grits teeth* he's the hologram guy...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I am gearing up for a housing gambit.
    They tried to get us to renew our lease 4 months into the lease (12 month lease) (bumped up rent 200 bucks also). We said no. They said they would start showing the apartment. I said good luck, you have to give us notice every single time you do. Verbally negotiated a one year renewal at the same rate. Coming up to the end of our lease. Will be interesting to see if they keep their word or not.

There is no such thing as a verbal agreement. Good luck...

I love that my last apartment complex had a special clause set up for if you broke your lease to buy a house. You only had to pay a one time fee of 200 bucks instead of the month+ of rent and fees. You just had to show them a signed contract on a place and they let you break it.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Guess who did another victory lap around the sun all by myself without the help of any nearby planetary body whatsoever? :D

Okay, maybe the Earth had a SMALL contribution.

One more year closer to my inevitable demise. Eat Arby's? Not tonight. It's my birthday!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I refuse to grapple with the seriousness of this situation.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    To be fair on a 10k I normally don't drink either. I just drink 0.5l about 30mins before running and otherwise live normally. I know I lose around 0.5l / fluid per 5k in normal weather.
    On the 21k's I did I definitely drank, but only a little. In training you have to carry that stuff with you which isn't easy, and drinking from those cups at the side of the race requires me either slowing down or learning a new coordination skill that's really hard when you are already worn down.

Yeah I really didn't think I would hit the wall on a 10k. The worst that could happen is that I bonk and have to slow down and get a bad time right?

Nope instead I have a really bad time. It feels like God is giving me an overly harsh lesson here

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Guess who did another victory lap around the sun all by myself without the help of any nearby planetary body whatsoever? :D

One more year closer to my inevitable demise. Eat Arby's? Not tonight. It's my birthday!

the contract is sealed

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

108 is just an abstract temperature to me. I'm not a doctor. I don't associate that with "immediate organ failure"

I'm just bummed that what was supposed to be a fun, SHORT race ended up as a 3 day hospital stay tethered to an IV and a serious setback to all my gains

108 is where the proteins that hold together your cellular structure start to denature

good luck running marathons with no cells

you need cells

science 101 108

I like my cells pls I would like to keep the, atomically ma'am pls don't take my cells away pls

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I'm glad you're alive first and foremost

but I am also glad I didn't have to get like 20 airbrushed tshirts with your face on it and something like "Gone 2 soon" and a tupac quote

Who is tupac is he that hologram guy

god damn it hakks

See you at the cross roads :whistle:

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    To be fair on a 10k I normally don't drink either. I just drink 0.5l about 30mins before running and otherwise live normally. I know I lose around 0.5l / fluid per 5k in normal weather.
    On the 21k's I did I definitely drank, but only a little. In training you have to carry that stuff with you which isn't easy, and drinking from those cups at the side of the race requires me either slowing down or learning a new coordination skill that's really hard when you are already worn down.

Yeah I really didn't think I would hit the wall on a 10k. The worst that could happen is that I bonk and have to slow down and get a bad time right?

Nope instead I have a really bad time. It feels like God is giving me an overly harsh lesson here

maybe instead of running you should've given your mom grandkids

jeez hakkes

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The Washington Post had a good summation of the issues:
    Trump has been under heavy fire in recent weeks for a string of damaging controversies, from his clumsy response to the mass shooting in Orlando, to his highly personal attacks against a federal judge overseeing two lawsuits against him, to his campaign's failure to disperse pledged donations meant for veterans' charities.

That has given serious pause to allies and donors who worry that Trump is unable and unwilling to curb brash persona and bombastic style — which he will need to appeal to independent voters in a tough general election bid against presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

It's Trump who's fucking up his own campaign, Lewandowski was just one yes-man out of all the yes-men that Trump surrounds himself with. Now he's being replaced with a different yes-man.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

108 is where the proteins that hold together your cellular structure start to denature

you need cells

science 101 108

It's getting hot in hakkes (so hot)
    Denature all her cells

I ate an engineer
  • Options

Happy birfday!

Mine is tomorrow!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

When @squeakel hit 105 he had a seizure and collapsed. We rushed him to the emergency room, where they were like "an ambulance would have been a good idea"...

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

maybe instead of running you should've given your mom grandkids

jeez hakkes

This is literally why she can never know about this

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

you need cells

science 101 108

I like my cells pls I would like to keep the, atomically ma'am pls don't take my cells away pls

too late

*whips out cell vacuum and cell collection baggie*

shoulda been more responsible young lady

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    drink all day never not drink

water that is and coffee to poop

Coffee helps me have my morning constitutional

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    They tried to get us to renew our lease 4 months into the lease (12 month lease) (bumped up rent 200 bucks also). We said no. They said they would start showing the apartment. I said good luck, you have to give us notice every single time you do. Verbally negotiated a one year renewal at the same rate. Coming up to the end of our lease. Will be interesting to see if they keep their word or not.

What about pinky swears?

Turns out no, judges totally ignore them. :(

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

you need cells

science 101 108

too late

where

where does it go in

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

you need cells

science 101 108

too late

Nooooooo

• Options
    Wait Hakks did you have a running accident??

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    a

Happy birfday!

Mine is tomorrow!

Get cruuuuuun-

Wait

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage there was literally an Olympic marathon runner at an NYC half-marathon who collapsed during their run, according to my Edge feed. It happens to even the best & most well prepared of athletes.

Try not to beat yourself up over what happened. Sure, you should have remembered to hydrate better, but nobody's perfect. Mistakes occur. The most important thing is that you're going to be alright. :+1:

With Love and Courage
  • Options

What about pinky swears?

I would love to live in a wacky world where pinky swears are legally binding. "And Exhibit E: You can clearly see the pinkies of the plaintiff and the defendant touching in this photograph."

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    @Atomika Is denaturation from fever or protonation/alkalosis from dehydration more prevalent in heatstroke?

I've heard both but wasn't entirely sure which one was the larger problem there.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Ok now everyone stop posting because I need time to get discharged, go home, shower, clean up, and post a ton of anime before the thread gets locked

• Options
    If you need to pick up Pillars of Eternity, one of its DLC, or gift the base game to a special someone.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/

@Jacobkosh and anyone who likes RPGs

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I hope someone checks on @DasUberEdward today, have to make sure he gets his fluids and vomit channels are free.

Everyone is treating today a bit suspiciously. Like we are going to find out I was all a dream. Or it turns out a series of 3 point shots were actually two pointers and the NBA has to rule it a no contest.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    H.. Holy shit!

That wasn't just a South Park gag?

Someone actually made a hologram Tupac for a concert? 0_0

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Also 108 is death something something far East I think?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    The doctor has given me a piece of paper that I can hand to a nice man and he will hand me more brain drugs

I am pleased

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    So the latest hotness on my FB is this clip from some metal looking british? comedian talking about how being offended is some bullshit. It's a funny bit. But goddamn are folks posting this thing all the time now.

I know the clip and it was funny the first time I saw it, but..people have adopted it as an excuse to be shitty so, it's not really very funny anymore

I'd be willing to bet at this stage, Jim Jefferies is fucking sick of his bit getting shares after mass shootings.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Preacher wrote: »
    I hope someone checks on DasUberEdward today, have to make sure he gets his fluids and vomit channels are free.

Everyone is treating today a bit suspiciously. Like we are going to find out I was all a dream. Or it turns out a series of 3 point shots were actually two pointers and the NBA has to rule it a no contest.

http://www.theonion.com/article/god-clarifies-he-still-hates-cleveland-fans-despit-53115

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Ok now everyone stop posting because I need time to get discharged, go home, shower, clean up, and post a ton of anime before the thread gets locked

You can choose to have your 8 pages on a different thread, on a different day.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

I forgot we were going to 108 in your honour!

Let's get anime in here you sons of geese!

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

*increases post velocity*

*sweats*

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    If you need to pick up Pillars of Eternity, one of its DLC, or gift the base game to a special someone.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/

Jacobkosh and anyone who likes RPGs

@desc

I can confirm it is a great RPG time with a refreshing world and interesting dynamics. Plus relatively rewarding gameplay.

Currently I am playing Steven Jackson's Sorcery because I've lost my damn mind.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I need to pee but someone is taking the loudest dump I've ever heard in my entire adult life.

It is literally a trumpet.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

What about pinky swears?

Damn this judicial overreach!

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Finally figured out how all the different bits of Stellaris works

I love all the random alien life forms you encounter. I found some giant floating sentient crystals and the research tree yielded a sonar that allowed me to instantly survey an entire system that they're in. It makes them come after you though so you have to jump out of the system.

Unless you can take on two or three fleets that range from 300 to 450 fire power each.

Havelock2.0 on
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

You can choose to have your 8 pages on a different thread, on a different day.

Elki my liege

I am your bannerman

This discussion has been closed.