Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp] Ruins of Undermountain (D&D 5e) - ADVENTURE OVER!!! Thanks for Playing!

1626365676882

Posts

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular

    @Aegis / @am0n , if Ay or Dural can mar the rune on the statue across from the one Ay is currently at, Barran should be able to disable the one he's hiding next to as well. That should give us the square of 4 that'll break the whole trap hallway, right?

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Steelhawk
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Does it break the entire trap (the whole 180 feet)? Or just some part of the trap? I know I am the one that figured that out, but it wasn't clear to me if it was everything or just some piece. If it's the whole thing, I'm all for trying to disable the whole thing. I'd hate to have to retreat through here if the trap is still functioning.

    Geth, roll 2#1d20+5 for Dex ST

    Dex ST:
    2#1d20+5 2 # 13 [1d20=8] 11 [1d20=6]

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    The dwarf exhales once, bringing Fimbul to the fore and bracing himself against it as he stands next to the hammered pillar in the hopes that maybe this time the Finder will not forsake his beard.

    Almost certainly going to fuck this syntax up:

    Edit: I did, I did fuck this syntax up! But at least there are two separate rolls.

    minion, roll 2#1d20k1 for Reflex Save (Shield Master)

    Reflex Save (Shield Master):
    2#1d20k1 2 # 16 [1d20k1=[16]] 19 [1d20k1=[19]]

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Dural easily lets the padding on the inside of his shield protect him from the blast while his Monk companion nimbly drifts away from the worst of the blast.


    Both Ay & Dural have passed their Saves. Ay takes 4 electrical damage and Dural takes none.

    Spoiling a grouping of 4 runes doesn't stop the trap, but it does break the circuit. The electrical charge travels from western edge to the eastern edge of the Hall. So the electricity will travel as far as it can from west to east until it hits the break in the circuit. The arc can jump one rune, but not a gap of 4 runes together. Everything east of that break will not be affected by the trap.

    Philo (180'/180') - AC:19, HP:38+1/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance
    Barran (125'/180') - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/3, HD: 2/4,
    Dural (125'/180') - AC:18, HP:40+5/40, Spells:-/3, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4
    Ay (150'/180')- AC:16, HP: 31+1/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4
    Salazar (180'/180') - AC:15, HP:26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    @Steelhawk Sorry if you've said this, but which way are we heading? I.e., if we break the circuit, will electricity still be on the end of the room we are heading? Or will that half of the room be safe and the half of the room we came from be a problem?

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »

    Aegis / am0n , if Ay or Dural can mar the rune on the statue across from the one Ay is currently at, Barran should be able to disable the one he's hiding next to as well. That should give us the square of 4 that'll break the whole trap hallway, right?


    I could give this a shot since I think I'm still the closest to him, relatively.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    @Steelhawk Sorry if you've said this, but which way are we heading? I.e., if we break the circuit, will electricity still be on the end of the room we are heading? Or will that half of the room be safe and the half of the room we came from be a problem?


    You are currently heading east down the Hall of Heroes towards the large room marked #4 on the map below.

    Lady Zarr's Area Map:
    Lady%20Zarrs%20Territory_zpsiiz8mkps.jpg

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    "YOUR HANDS WORK TOO! YOU CAN OPEN THE DOOEEEEEAAAG!" shouts Philo as the electric current arcs over him and Sal.

    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Dex Save

    Dex Save:
    1d20+1 14 [1d20=13]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    am0nSteelhawkElvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Thanks @Steelhawk . I'll do as Bursar suggests and see if I can mar the rune and see if we can break the loop. Not sure if a roll is still needed, but here's a roll with some modifiers just in case.

    Geth, roll 1d20
    +3 if Dex
    +1 if Str


    Seeing Barran eyeing up a third statue, Ay takes the queue and moves to the next statue on his wall and attempts to disable another statue.

    1d20 13 [1d20=13]

    am0n on
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    //this is how we die guys. half the team doing as planned, the other half improvising and not communicating!

    Salazar isn't going to get zapped again and is opening the doors..

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Philo urges his companions on, looking back down the hall and wondering what the gathering 50 or feet away is for. The shorter members of his party are apparently jumping up and trying to hit the statues with their weapons? Salazar, electricity still arcing between his horns turns in a huff and opens the door...

    Philo really wishes his friends would hurry up. The arc is building again, no doubt about it...


    No roll to disable is necessary now that you know what seems to work. If you can move to the desired statue, it will take your action to find the rune and disable it. Ay disabled one statue at 55' from the door and ran on ahead last round. Dural took out another rune 55' from the door as well.


    The initiative order is, technically, as follows. I'm trying to suss out the order of events before we get too lost.


    @Mongrel Idiot - At the Door. No actions yet this round...
    @Bursar - 55' from the Door. No actions yet this round...
    @Aegis - 55' from the Door. No actions yet this round...
    @am0n - 30' from the door. Action taken to move 50' Away from Door & Disable 3rd statue in a potential block of 4.
    @evilthecat - Action taken to move through the door and exit the traps potential area of effect.
    Trap - Acts very last. Will fire again this round.

    Elvenshaeam0n
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    "Condolences on yer hair!" is shouted across the room once the loud exclamation booms out from the door. "Mmm...actually can't recall if'n he had any hair," is then mumbled in a followup, while Dural trots closer and closer towards the door, just out of reach. He slides to a stop next to Philo, pats out a couple stray fires the magical doohickey managed to ignite and singe on the poor man, and then turns around, bracing against Fimbul.

    50' forward (short stubby legs), turn around and raise my shield, since Bursar mentioned he could get the last one.

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    am0n
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Barran shimmies up the statue he had been crouched behind and obliterates the rune at the tip of its sword with a few quick jabs if his dagger. With the trap (hopefully) now rendered safe on this side, he drops down and hurries towards the door with the others.

    Action: statue bustin'
    Bonus: Dash
    Move: 50 ft further along

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    The trap fires again! The blue glow starts at the far end of the Hall again. The arc bouncing from statue to statue until it reaches the cluster of 4 marred statues... and Ay's stumbled upon plan works! The path of the electricity is broken, and the party is safe from the jolt!


    Philo - At the Door. No actions yet this round...
    Barran - 5' from the Door. Turn Complete
    Dural - At the Door. Turn Complete
    Ay - 30' from the door. Action taken to move 50' Away from Door & Disable 3rd statue in a potential block of 4. Turn Complete.
    Salazar - Partial turn taken to to move through the door and exit the traps potential area of effect - See below
    Trap - Acte very last. Will fire again this round.

    @evilthecat the below is for you only. Since Philo hasn't acted yet this turn, @Mongrel Idiot can get in on this too if he likes...




    Salazar turns away from his foolish companions and opens the double doors stepping through and entering the massive room they party passed through earlier...

    Its dark, not that it would be a huge concern for Salazar if it were. Except the proportions of the room are so large that Sal cannot see the walls, ceiling or the exits. Form memory you know that the room is 80' wide and 150' long. There are three sets of double doors in the eastern wall that lead further into the dungeon. From what you have seen thus far the mess hall (where Angus and Neblin where enslaved) and the officers quarters. This massive room itself held mostly empty space in the middle for the hobgoblin army to train, as along the edges were sectioned off areas for the troops to rest in. Beside the door Salazar had just entered through, he can see a hobgoblin, a dead hobgoblin, propped up against the wall with its hard resting against the trigger rune that is setting of the electrical trap in the Hall of Heroes. Sal smirks at the simplicity of the Goblin design.

    It was lightly guarded before, and this time seemingly empty. Almost...

    Geth, roll 1d20-1 for Stealth


    Stealth:
    1d20-1 17 [1d20=18]

    Steelhawk on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    As Salazar is looking about the room he spots a few other irregularities that were not here last time. Instead of dead Hobgoblin bodies, he sees ones and two of hobgoblins and goblin statues. Lifelike statues. Statues with random bites taken out of them. There is even a torso-less set of goblin legs.

    The worst realization ever comes across Salazar's face as he turns and looks directly into the gaze of the Basilisk!

    basilisk.jpg

    The Basilisk uses its surprise round to hit Salazar (& Philo?) with its Petrifying Gaze, please make DC12 Con Saves vs. Petrification as the Basilisk had a really good Stealth roll that surpassed (both of) your passive perception.

    Geth, roll 1d20-1 to Insert Basilisk into current Initiative Order

    to Insert Basilisk into current Initiative Order:
    1d20-1 16 [1d20=17]

    Steelhawk on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Was the trap not disabled from the block of 4 statues on? I think we've done four: Ay and Dural disabled statues last round, and Ay and Barran disabled statues this round.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Steelhawk
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    //...kay! going to use my inspiration point here. Let's see if geth is merciful today..

    Salazar enters the room, only to be greeted by .. well .. he doesn't really quite know what it is.
    It's .. a lizard. It has 8 legs. Spines, sharp teeth (that can't be good) and a some what ornery disposition.
    Before he gets any further with his inner musings, his eyes meet briefly with those of the beast.
    His innards start doing somersaults. There's a distinct loss of feeling pretty much all over.
    He turns his eyes away and shouts down the hall:
    "Gentlemen! It's big, it's angry and whatever you do don't look into its eyes!"

    not quite sure how the roll syntax goes again, I have +4 on con saves, just gonna roll 2 20s.
    minion, roll 2d20 for omgplzno

    omgplzno:
    2d20 27 [2d20=16, 11]

    evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    BursarSteelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Bursar wrote: »
    Was the trap not disabled from the block of 4 statues on? I think we've done four: Ay and Dural disabled statues last round, and Ay and Barran disabled statues this round.


    Yes, the trap was disabled. The party did not get electrocuted this time.

    @Mongrel Idiot - Things have moved quickly this afternoon. I need you to make a decision on whether or not you entered the large room with Salazar, and therefore need to make a save OR if you stayed in the Hall.

    Then, I need you to take your full proper turn as the start of this new round after the Basilisk's surprise round.

    Stats:
    Philo (???) - AC:19, HP:38+1/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance
    Barran (Hall) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/3, HD: 2/4
    Basilisk (Room) - AC: 15, HP: 52
    Dural (Hall) - AC:18, HP:40+5/40, Spells:-/3, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4,
    Ay (150'/180')- AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4
    Salazar (Room) - AC:15, HP:26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4

    Steelhawk on
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    "The door, lads!" barks Philo, following Sal into the room. Can't let him get himself killed ALONE...

    Philo will enter the room with Salazar, and attempt to not get petrified. Depending on how THAT goes...
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Con save v. getting stoned

    Con save v. getting stoned:
    1d20+3 23 [1d20=20]

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    am0nSteelhawk
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Philo's body stiffens as the basilisk's gaze washes over him, and for a moment he feels nothing - no fear, no hammering heart, nothing but cold void silence and deadly, empty blindness. But martial instinct kicks in where all health fails, and the lip of his shield snaps up and cuts off the thing's gaze. Warmth floods his limbs, tightening his grip on his sword.

    "Well," he says, "here's a pretty beast's head for my wall. Dural! You'll like this one! But watch your eyes as you come in!" He sidesteps around the monster, shield raised, and darts his sword at the soft place under its front leg.

    Yay, I'm alive! Philo will move toward the basilisk's flank while keeping within 5 feet of Sal to use Protection on him, and make an attack with his sword. If he hits, he'll use Maneuvering Attack to let Dural move half his speed.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stab in the armpit
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Maneuvering Dural

    Stab in the armpit:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]
    Damage:
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]
    Maneuvering Dural:
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    BursarSteelhawk
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Half my speed. That's a good one, funny joke.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    am0nMongrel IdiotSteelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Stupid Basilisk....aren't you supposed to turn people to stone?

    Because this room is so large, I'm not going to bother with a map. It will take your entire move action to get into the room if you are in the hallway. Ay is still pretty far down the hall but with this ridiculous movement we'll call it a wash.

    If you with to avoid being Petrified, you can avert your gaze when facing the Basilisk....but remember that essentially you are BLINDED: Disadvantage to hit, No spell targeting and you offer Advantage to the Basilisk.


    Philo (Hall) - AC:19, HP:38+1/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance
    Barran (Hall) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/3, HD: 2/4
    Basilisk (Room) - AC: 15, HP: 52
    Dural (Hall) - AC:18, HP:40+5/40, Spells:-/3, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4,
    Ay (150'/180')- AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4
    Salazar (Room) - AC:15, HP:26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4

    @Bursar You're up!

    Steelhawk on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Barran traipses the last few steps into the room, nearly tripping over the Hobgoblin corpse dead-man-switching the trap rune, to find Philo slashing mightily at the enormous lizard that Barran had seen once before, and then mostly cloaked in darkness (and many times later in his nightmares).

    Remembering the forest of statues and Salazar's shouted warning, he turns his head aside and hastily raises his crossbow in the beast's general direction... Not surprisingly, the shot goes wide.


    Move into the room
    Action: Avert eyes and attack

    Geth, roll 2#1d20+6l1 for Blinded Crossbow
    Geth, roll 1d6+4 for Piercing damage


    @Steelhawk for the beastie's turn

    Piercing damage:
    1d6+4 8 [1d6=4]

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Take two for the attack roll

    Geth, roll 2#1d20l1+6 for Blinded Crossbow

    Blinded Crossbow:
    2#1d20l1+6 2 # 8 [1d20l1=[2]] 10 [1d20l1=[4]]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    //rules niggle: surely you don't mean all spells? not all spells have the "target/place you can see" qualifier..

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    //rules niggle: surely you don't mean all spells? not all spells have the "target/place you can see" qualifier..

    No, of course not. Just the spells that require you to see your target.

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Ay is still pretty far down the hall but with this ridiculous movement we'll call it a wash.

    I've done the math. I'm still not as fast as Usain Bolt. But I will get there. Oh, I will get there.

    am0n on
    ElvenshaeSteelhawk
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    @Steelhawk I know I am not in the room yet, but in prep, what kind of roll is it to see if we know ways to deal with this creature? Is everything creature knowledge based INT in 5E?

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Philo banging his sword against the Basilisk's tough hide draws its ire. It turns its head and snaps off a bite at the hearty warrior! Its breath is fetid and caustic, and its jaw is filled with nasty looking teeth...which slam down on Philo's shield arm! The nasty saliva burns his blood and sends a wave of agony up his arm!

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Bite
    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Bite damage (piercing)
    Geth, roll 2d6 for additional Poison damage

    @am0n ... make an INT based roll for any Monster knowledge. Add a Nature prof. bonus if you have one.

    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/3, HD: 2/4
    Basilisk - AC: 15, HP: 52
    Dural (Hall) - AC:18, HP:40+5/40, Spells:-/3, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4,
    Ay (150'/180')- AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4
    Salazar - AC:15, HP:26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4

    @Aegis is Next!

    Bite:
    1d20+5 19 [1d20=14]
    Bite damage (piercing):
    2d6+3 6 [2d6=1, 2]
    additional Poison damage:
    2d6 7 [2d6=1, 6]

    Steelhawk on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    I'll make the roll now, but not act upon whatever the outcome is until my turn.

    Geth, roll 1d20-1 for What is a Basilisk

    What is a Basilisk:
    1d20-1 6 [1d20=7]

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Spurred on my Philo's shield banging, Dural looks away from Fimbul and into the room beyond. Noticing the huge flank of the creature, the dwarf takes off, sliding to a stop next to both it and Philo, striking down with the force of his hammer onto the creature's snout while staring the beast directly into its eyes. "I be born from stone ye fat lizard!"

    Move: Half my speed from Philo's shout, into the room, then up to Philo's side and the Basilisk, since presumably they're within range.
    Saving Throw for Petrification.
    Action: Attack the Basilisk, if successful, Divine Smite (+2d8 damage).
    Fighting Style - If it attacks someone else that's next to me, I'll give it Disadvantage on the attack roll.

    minion, roll 1d20+3 for CON Save (Petrification)
    minion, roll 1d20+4 for Attack
    minion, roll 3d8+2 for Damage

    CON Save (Petrification):
    1d20+3 11 [1d20=8]
    Attack:
    1d20+4 16 [1d20=12]
    Damage:
    3d8+2 17 [3d8=3, 7, 5]

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    The DC's 12, isn't it.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    am0n
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    When do we need to roll?

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Indeed it is. I'll need to get back to my books regarding how his gaze power works...

    But yeah the DC is 12.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    The Basilisk snaps its head around at Dural's boast, its eyes boring into the dwarf's own. For a moment there, his boast is mostly borne out as he slams his hammer into the beasts snout and it recoils in pain and anger. When it breaks its gaze on Dural, however, the dissapointed dwarf can feel a rapidly growing stiffness in his lower legs that is rising. His limbs are heavy and his joints are stiffening up!

    One can only imagine that the Paladin is opening his prayers to his pantheon of Gods with "But it was such a good line..."


    The whole turning to stone thing starts right away. Which is bad for you, but I give you massive props though. That was a baller move. :+1:

    Don't worry too much. You will have one more chance to remain a non-statue at the end of your next turn. Don't fuck it up! :)


    FYI, Petrifying Gaze (MM24)
    If a creature starts its turn within 30 feet of the basilisk and the two of them can see each other, the basilisk can force the creature to make a DC 12 Constitution saving throw if the basilisk isn't incapacitated. On a failed save, the creature magically begins to turn to stone and is restrained. It must repeat the saving throw at the end of its next turn. On a success, the effect ends. On a failure, the creature is petrified until freed by the greater restoration spell or other magic. A creature that isn't surprised can avert its eyes to avoid the saving throw at the start of its turn. If it does so, it can't see the basilisk until the start of its next turn, when it can avert its eyes again. If it looks at the basilisk in the meantime, it must immediately make the save.



    @am0n - You are up!
    @evilthecat - On deck!

    Stats:
    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/3, HD: 2/4
    Basilisk - AC: 15, HP: 35/52, Petrifying Gaze
    Dural - AC:18, HP:40+5/40, Spells:-/3, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4, RESTRAINED
    Ay (150'/180')- AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4
    Salazar - AC:15, HP:26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4

    Steelhawk on
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    The attack roll I made had Disadvantage as a result of being Restrained, yes? If so:

    Edit: Hah! I hit it anyway.

    minion, roll 1d20+4 for Disadvantaged Attack

    Disadvantaged Attack:
    1d20+4 18 [1d20=14]

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Steelhawk
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    @Silverhawk , can I DM you a crazy idea? An idea so crazy (as the ancient texts say), it might just work?

    Not because I need to keep it secret from the group, but because it's more thinking aloud that could end up cluttering the combat.

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Mongrel Idiot
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    @Silverhawk , can I DM you a crazy idea? An idea so crazy (as the ancient texts say), it might just work?

    Not because I need to keep it secret from the group, but because it's more thinking aloud that could end up cluttering the combat.

    ALWAYS.

    Mongrel IdiotElvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Ay, noticing the trap seems to be disabled on this side of the room, but hearing commotion from the other side, moves with haste into the next room. Just before entering he hears the warning to divert his gaze and the dwarf's boast. Entering the room he quickly seems the dwarf staring down the great reptile, but the contortions of his body do not look promising. Ay diverts his gaze as he moves besides Philo and flails about trying to hinder the creature.

    Going to assume my impressive INT roll wasn't enough to gleem any useful information about how to kill the beast, so I'll go with Option 2: Try to hit it.

    Move: Into room and besides Philo, Diverting Gaze
    Action: Attack, QStaff
    Minor: Flurry of Blows. If first one hits, attempt to knock prone. If prone and second hits, it can't take reactions until the end of my next turn.

    Geth, roll 2d20l1+5 for Attack QStaff
    Geth, roll 1d8+3
    Geth, roll 2d20l1+5 for Attack, Unarmed1
    Geth, roll 1d4+3
    Geth, roll 2d20l1+5 for Attack, Unarmed2
    Geth, roll 1d4+3

    Since I diverted, I think I don't need to roll until I start my next turn? Or as long as we keep diverting do we just not have to roll?

    Edit: Serious question about the roll. The blurb you quoted suggests the Petrifying only happens if we can both see each other, but diverting my gaze means I can't see it. So I guess it depends on what happens first at the start of the round? Chance to divert = no gaze and blindness, or gaze happens and then I divert, meaning gaze + blindness? Not trying to rule lawyer, just aiming for clarity.

    Stats:
    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/3, HD: 2/4
    Basilisk - AC: 15, HP: 19/52, Petrifying Gaze
    Dural - AC:18, HP:40+5/40, Spells:-/3, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4, RESTRAINED
    Ay (Next to Philo) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 3/4, HD: 2/4
    Salazar - AC:15, HP:26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4

    Attack QStaff:
    2d20l1+5 21 [2d20l1=[16], 17]
    1d8+3 9 [1d8=6]
    Attack, Unarmed1:
    2d20l1+5 16 [2d20l1=[11], 14]
    1d4+3 7 [1d4=4]
    Attack, Unarmed2:
    2d20l1+5 6 [2d20l1=[1], 11]
    1d4+3 6 [1d4=3]

    am0n on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Solid rolls. Last attack first die was a 1, so even if I did prone it, that wouldn't hit. @Steelhawk The basilisk needs to make a DC13 Dex ST or be knocked Prone. If it is, the Prone Advantage cancels the Blinded Disadvantage for any subsequent melee attacks.

Sign In or Register to comment.