Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp] Ruins of Undermountain (D&D 5e) - ADVENTURE OVER!!! Thanks for Playing!

1686971737482

Posts

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    I forgot to edit in Barran's new location.
    Dang it!
    Stats:
    Barran (L10) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (F7) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: DEAD
    Drow 2 (F6) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13 - FLED
    Drow 4 (K13) - AC:15. HP: 13, PRONE
    Drow 5 (R10) - AC:15. HP: 8,
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13 -FLED
    Drow 7 (P13) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Dural (L12) - AC:18, HP: 32/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (R11) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 1/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    The whiffs are real in this encounter.

    SteelhawkAegisElvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    @evilthecat for his turn, and then the Drow get to go.

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    The whiffs are real in this encounter.
    I mean, Philo IS a leaderly sort...

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    am0n
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Still not entirely comfortable with the darkness and on/off glowyness, Salazar pursues his farcical lies!

    "What do you *mean* the trebuchets won't fit!?
    This is search and destroy, not a siege!
    now get in there and GUT ME SOME DROWLINGS!"


    Salazar will cast a minor illusion, in the hallway behind the darkness again, this time emulating a group of grown mean grunting:
    "HUT! HUT! HUT!"

    He'll stay where he currently.

    edit: goddammit geth!


    here's a deception/intimidation check if you want one:
    minion, roll 1d20+6 for making drow quiver in their little booties

    making drow quiver in their little booties:
    1d20+6 10 [1d20=4]

    evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Heh. I'm glad you failed that one, because your deception RP was too much and I was waffling between denying it outright or being nice and offering Disadvantage.

    I get that "no, but" and "yes, and" and those other buzzwords are popular in RPG's today.... but Trebuchets in a 10' wide and tall dungeon hallway is a hard "no" :)

    Give me time tonight to update the map and I'll take the Drow's turn.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Some of the dark elves, now engaged in hand to hand, draw their short swords and lash out at their foes! Philo easily defends himself from attack, but Dural's opponent slips past the clumsy paladin and sinks his sword in deep! The drow grins.

    Reeling from the punch from Ay, the Drow uses that momentum to roll backwards over the top of the table and disappears into the darkness. With familiarity and practice he reloads his crossbow in the dark. His intent is to check out the approach and see if there actually are more reinforcements coming through the halls. He emerges in the hallway and comes face to face with a sickly sorcerer.

    The other two dark elves quickly reload and fire their crossbows again at the nimble elf. Intending to take their lightly armored foe out of the fight before taking on the tanks. One bolt goes wide, while the other lands right in the Monk's lower back, the poison pumping directly into his kidneys!

    Map:
    lvDWGsF.png


    Drow #2 draws his short sword and attacks Philo
    Drow #4 spends half his movement getting up, and attacks Dural with his sword
    Drow #5 Disengages from Ay and moves to P6
    Drow #7 fires a bolt at Ay
    Drow #8 fires a bolt at Ay

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 to hit Philo
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 to hit Dural
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 to hit Ay
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage, Plus DC13 save vs. Poison
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 to hit Ay
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage, Plus DC13 save vs. Poison

    @Aegis & @am0n are up!




    Stats:
    Barran (L10) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (F7) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: DEAD
    Drow 2 (F6) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13 - FLED
    Drow 4 (K13) - AC:15. HP: 13, PRONE
    Drow 5 (R10) - AC:15. HP: 8,
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13 -FLED
    Drow 7 (P13) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Dural (L12) - AC:18, HP: 22/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (R11) - AC:16, HP: 29/31, Ki: 1/4, HD: 2/4, POSIONED?, Potion Count: 1

    to hit Philo:
    1d20+4 11 [1d20=7]
    damage:
    1d6+2 7 [1d6=5]
    to hit Dural:
    1d20+4 24 [1d20=20]
    damage:
    1d6+2 5 [1d6=3]
    to hit Ay:
    1d20+4 24 [1d20=20]
    damage, Plus DC13 save vs. Poison:
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]
    to hit Ay:
    1d20+4 8 [1d20=4]
    damage, Plus DC13 save vs. Poison:
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]

    Steelhawk on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Oh snap!

    Geth, roll 1d6 crit damage vs. Dural
    Geth, roll 1d6 crit damage vs. Ay

    crit damage vs. Dural:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    crit damage vs. Ay:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

    Elvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    @Aegis & @am0n - poke, poke, poke

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Grimacing under the pain of the sneaky sword strike, Dural howls, swinging with his hammer from one side and then the next, harrying the underground elf and pinning him along the wall. Changing direction after one of his hammer blows, the dwarf slides forward, spins, and smashes out with his shield attempting to shove the drow against and along the wall to the south as Dural is already repositioning yet again, stubby legs and all.

    Move: J12.
    Action: Attack Drow #4.
    Bonus Action: Shove the Drow to L13. Opposed by Athletics/Acrobatics as usual.
    Move: If the Shove hits, move back down to M12. If it doesn't, return to L12.

    minion, roll 1d20+5 for Attack
    minion, roll 1d8+3 for Damage
    minion, roll 1d20+4 for Athletics (Shove)

    Attack:
    1d20+5 22 [1d20=17]
    Damage:
    1d8+3 4 [1d8=1]
    Athletics (Shove):
    1d20+4 22 [1d20=18]

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Elvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    The slight elf goes tumbling at Dural's shove...

    Geth, roll 1d20 for STR check vs. Shoving

    STR check vs. Shoving:
    1d20 3 [1d20=3]

    Steelhawk on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2017

    @am0n is up now, and then back to the top with Barran, Philo & Salazar.

    Also, still need a CON 13 save vs. poison from @am0n


    Stats:
    Barran (L10) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (F7) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: DEAD
    Drow 2 (F6) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13 - FLED
    Drow 4 (L13) - AC:15. HP: 9
    Drow 5 (R10) - AC:15. HP: 8
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13 -FLED
    Drow 7 (P13) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Dural (M12) - AC:18, HP: 22/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (R11) - AC:16, HP: 29/31, Ki: 1/4, HD: 2/4, POSIONED?, Potion Count: 1


    Steelhawk on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Oh, finally. A Ranged attack that hits me. Dealing a total of 7 damage. How unfortunate for the drow...

    Reaction: Deflect Missile. I can reduce the damage by 1d10+Dex+Level = 8+ damage. If I reduce it to 0 (min I would reduce is 8 even if I rolled a 1, so I won't bother rolling) and have a hand free I can catch it, so I do! And if I want to spend a Ki (why not, this is the first time this has happened) I can make a free ranged attack at the enemy.

    So he doesn't deal 7 damage to me and I don't have to make a CON ST.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Redirected Missile
    Geth, roll 1d4+3

    Redirected Missile:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    1d4+3 6 [1d4=3]

    am0n on
    Mongrel IdiotSteelhawkElvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    As the bolts fly past Ay, one gets close, but the skillful monk, cupping his hand around one of the bolts, manages to redirect the momentum of the shot back at one of the drow. The poison tipped bolt lodges itself into the stone right next to the drow's head.

    Suddenly, the drow finds himself dodging blows. A swift knee to the gut sends him reeling over, and the staff crushing into the back of his neck lays him motionless on the ground.

    Ay then rockets over to the other drow still shooting bolts at him.


    Unfortunate that ranged attack didn't hit. Would have loved to poison him!

    Move: Move to Q12
    Action: Attack Drow 7
    Bonus: Martials Arts
    Move: Move to W10

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack QStaff
    Geth, roll 1d8+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack Unarmed
    Geth, roll 1d4+3

    Barran (L10) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (F7) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - DEAD
    Drow 2 (F6) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13 - FLED
    Drow 4 (L13) - AC:15. HP: 9
    Drow 5 (R10) - AC:15. HP: 8
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13 -FLED
    Drow 7 (P13) - DEAD
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Dural (M12) - AC:18, HP: 22/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (W10) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1

    Attack QStaff:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]
    1d8+3 10 [1d8=7]
    Attack Unarmed:
    1d20+5 15 [1d20=10]
    1d4+3 6 [1d4=3]

    am0n on
    BursarElvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Not I, but rather @Bursar who is up next!

  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    // on a side note, how long does this dumb poison last?

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Don't have the MM in front of me but, IIRC, it lasts 1 hour

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Or until Dural gets around to laying hands on you.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    The sounds of bones cracking and Undercommon-accented shrieking fill the room, but so far Barran has heard little from his companions once the fight began. He takes that as a good sign. There was, however, something else: not one, but two sets of footfalls running back the way they had come. That isn't a good sign.

    Barran draws his rapier and sprints out of the darkness, bursting from the murk at speed and launching himself at a drow who had been intent on tailing Salazar! The sight of a purple-flaming halfling emerging from the gloom takes the dark elf by surprise. Barran slides under the drow's legs, stabbing his rapier into the elf's leg and wounding him quite badly before springing up to block his pursuit of the sorcerer.

    Bonus action: Dash
    Move: to P5, passing Nimbly through the dark elf's space for flair
    Attack: Rapier attack to Drow 5 (Note: this one's location says R10, but further up that's the one that chased Salazar and there's nobody listed at P6)
    I will spend my Inspiration on this attack!

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+6 for Slicey-dicey!
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for piercing damage
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Sneak attack

    @Steelhawk, I'm not sure if Barran should get the Sneak Attack bonus here, since technically he did come out of hiding before making the attack. GM discretion!

    Slicey-dicey!:
    2d20k1+6 24 [2d20k1=[18], 11]
    piercing damage:
    1d8+4 6 [1d8=2]
    Sneak attack:
    2d6 8 [2d6=4, 4]

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Elvenshae
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Barran (P5) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (F7) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - DEAD
    Drow 2 (F6) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13 - FLED
    Drow 4 (L13) - AC:15. HP: 9
    Drow 5 (P6) - AC:15. HP: 2 or DEAD, depending
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13 -FLED
    Drow 7 (P13) - DEAD
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Dural (M12) - AC:18, HP: 22/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (W10) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1

    @Mongrel Idiot is up!

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Elvenshae
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Hearing the fighting behind him, Philo presses the attack against the drow, anxious to get closer to his allies.

    Attack Drow 2!
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stab! That! Drow!
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for ... with the pointy end!

    Stab! That! Drow!:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    ... with the pointy end!:
    1d8+3 8 [1d8=5]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Bursar wrote: »
    I'm not sure if Barran should get the Sneak Attack bonus here, since technically he did come out of hiding before making the attack. GM discretion!

    I will allow it because it was cool and the situation of the globe of darkness being right there helped a lot in that decision. Well done.

    Not well done? Philo. C'mon, man! Kill that Drow! :)

    Stats:
    Barran (P5) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (F7) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 - DEAD
    Drow 2 (F6) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 - FLED
    Drow 4 (L13) - AC:15. HP: 9
    Drow 5 - DEAD
    Drow 6 - FLED
    Drow 7 - DEAD
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Dural (M12) - AC:18, HP: 22/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (W10) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1

    @evilthecat is up!

    Steelhawk on
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    It's Philo, man. He inspires such greatness in others that there's none left for him. :(

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    SteelhawkElvenshaeam0n
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    // sidenote: checked the MM, apparently we get a save each turn? we playing it that way or just poisoned for an hour?

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Hand Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 30/120ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 hour. If the saving throw fails by 5 or more, the target is also unconscious while poisoned in this way. The target wakes up if it takes damage or if another creature takes an action to shake it awake.

    ..Is what it says on Page 128 of the MM. So, I don't see where you get a save each round.

    Although I did miss the part about failing the save by more than 5! So thanks for making me look it up!

    Steelhawk on
    am0n
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    // craaaap. my bad, I shouldn't trust the SRD site ;/
    ok sooooo hmmmm! options options options ...

    ok sooo if the stats are up to date I'd like to go to p8, shoot at the southern most one and then step into the darkness at 08!
    is that going to be doable or am i missing some detail?

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Two problems. 1) P8 is at the edge of the darkness spell, but still in darkness & 2) You don't have enough movement to get back to O8

    You'd have to move to Q8 to take that shot, and the Drow has partial cover from ranged attacks as he's hiding behind the table.

  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    oooook then Salazar will amble up to 06 (pausing just before the darkness), convinced he can help out, but then take a brief moment to puke a little!
    taking a dodge action.

    evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Salazar, walking towards nothing but darkness, suffers a bit of poison induced vertigo and rolfs on his own feet. Shaking his head to clear it, he becomes slightly more alert to danger than he was a moment ago.

    Let me update the map and I'll take my turn...

    Elvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    The dark elf facing off against Philo sends out a rapid flurry of strikes intended to distract him. While our doughty fighter fends off these strikes, the Drow rolls around his shield and tries to bury his sword in Philo's kidneys! Philo manages to turn with enough time to block that strike.

    Having enough of being bounced around off of Dural shield his foe quickly backsteps, giving Dural an opening but also using the distance to let off a shot from his poisoned crossbow. He then ducks out of the room through the door to the east, following his comrades. The bolt plinks off of Dural's shield.

    The dark elf who was hiding behind the table now stands and faces off against his surface cousin. His swords flashes and Ay yelps in pain!

    Map:
    b6EUrpb.png


    Drow #2 dances around Philo to F8 and attacks with his sword!
    Drow #4 moves away from Dural to J13, fires his crossbow, and then passes through the door to the east J17 - DURAL CAN MAKE AN OPPORTUNITY ATTACK
    Drow #8 draws his sword and attacks Ay


    Geth, roll 1d20+4 to stab Philo
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 to shoot Dural
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage plus DC13 Con save vs. Poison
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 to stab Ay
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage

    @Aegis & @am0n are up!

    Stats:
    Barran (P5) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (F7) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 - DEAD
    Drow 2 (F8) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 - FLED
    Drow 4 (J17) - AC:15. HP: 9
    Drow 5 - DEAD
    Drow 6 - FLED
    Drow 7 - DEAD
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Dural (M12) - AC:18, HP: 22/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (W10) - AC:16, HP: 29/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1



    to stab Philo:
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]
    damage:
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]
    to shoot Dural:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]
    damage plus DC13 Con save vs. Poison:
    1d6+2 4 [1d6=2]
    to stab Ay:
    1d20+4 19 [1d20=15]
    damage:
    1d6+2 7 [1d6=5]

    Steelhawk on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Reeling back a bit so he only took a small scratch, Ay retaliates with a backhand and quick upper cut. "Keep this up and I'll have to knock some more sense into you."

    @Aegis Kill it!

    Action: Attack
    Bonus: Martial Arts

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack QStaff
    Geth, roll 1d8+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack Unarmed
    Geth, roll 1d4+3

    @Aegis and then @Bursar

    Stats
    Barran (P5) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (F7) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 - DEAD
    Drow 2 (F8) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 - FLED
    Drow 4 (J17) - AC:15. HP: 9
    Drow 5 - DEAD
    Drow 6 - FLED
    Drow 7 - DEAD
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 2,
    Dural (M12) - AC:18, HP: 22/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (W10) - AC:16, HP: 29/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1

    Attack QStaff:
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]
    Attack Unarmed:
    1d20+5 24 [1d20=19]
    1d4+3 5 [1d4=2]

    am0n on
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    "OI!" Dural yells at the drow that skipped and slid away from the wall he was being hemmed in to, "Wasn't done wit' ya!" Quickly striking out with a hammer, trying to trip the creature up in its escape, Dural will then look around in a bit of exasperation at how everyone seems so far away. Not about to follow a fleeing drow through a set of doors by himself, he will instead slide down to the second set of doors, coming to a stop in front of them and taking a quick listen behind them. Regardless of whether anything interesting is on the other side, Dural will keep an eye on the battered and bruised drow battling with Ay, his retreat now cut off.

    But that drow is so far away!

    Move: R13.
    Action: Listen/Peer through an opening behind them.

    minion, roll 1d20+5 for Opportunity Attack
    minion, roll 1d20+5 for Damage
    minion, roll 1d20+1 for Perception

    Opportunity Attack:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]
    Damage:
    1d20+5 10 [1d20=5]
    Perception:
    1d20+1 11 [1d20=10]

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Silly minion, damage is 1d8+3 not 1d20.

    minion, roll 1d8+3 for Actual Damage

    Actual Damage:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Question!
    Are the doors at I/J 13 currently open or closed?
    I'm asking if Barran might get a last-ditch shot at that fleeing Drow.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Question!
    Are the doors at I/J 13 currently open or closed?
    I'm asking if Barran might get a last-ditch shot at that fleeing Drow.

    I hadnt thought about it, really but seeing as how there is a globe of darkness between you and all the recent action, you have no idea of what's going on. Or if the door is open or closed.

    You would have heard Dural's shouts, I suppose,
    But heading to exactly the square needed to take that shot seems a bit meta. Thinking out loud here....

    I'll give it to you at Disadvantage, and a 50/50 chance to see if the door is open.

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Well, tell you what - Barran's going to use his Cunning Action for a Bonus Dash, and try to move to J11.
    Let us know if he actually gets there or if he runs headfirst into a table. :D

    Geth, roll 2d20l1 for Navigating the Darkness

    Navigating the Darkness:
    2d20l1 6 [2d20l1=[6], 8]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Elvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Despite the terrible roll, Barran can get there without incident. There are no tables in the way.

    am0nElvenshae
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    I get the feeling that my one turn is taking way too long, so I'll lay it all out:

    Having successfully moved to J11, Barran takes his shot.

    The doors being open are a 50% chance with disadvantage.
    If the doors are open, Barran will shoot at the fleeing drow (Drow 4).
    If the doors are not open, Barran will shoot at the drow fighting with Philo (Drow 2).

    Geth, roll 2d20l1 for Door Chances
    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Crossbow Attack
    Geth, roll 1d6+4 for Piercing damage
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Sneak Attack on Drow2

    Door Chances:
    2d20l1 10 [2d20l1=[10], 15]
    Crossbow Attack:
    1d20+6 17 [1d20=11]
    Piercing damage:
    1d6+4 6 [1d6=2]
    Sneak Attack:
    2d6 11 [2d6=6, 5]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Steelhawk
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    So, at a pure 50/50 chance... 1-10, doors are shut, 11-20, doors were open?
    Drow 4 still has a chance to get away! Lucky scoundrel.

    Drow 2, however, is instantly dispatched while its attention is elsewhere.

    Barran (J11) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (F7) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 - DEAD
    Drow 2 - DEAD
    Drow 3 - FLED
    Drow 4 (J17) - AC:15. HP: 2
    Drow 5 - DEAD
    Drow 6 - FLED
    Drow 7 - DEAD
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Dural (R13) - AC:18, HP: 22/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (W10) - AC:16, HP: 29/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1
    Which takes us to @Mongrel Idiot, with @Steelhawk to double-check!

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    SteelhawkElvenshae
Sign In or Register to comment.